[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that prove mono was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: syd.jpg (181KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
syd.jpg
181KB, 800x800px
>>
>>72295630
threads that prove op was a mistake
>>
>>72295647
Don't be mean
>>
File: petsounds.jpg (784KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
petsounds.jpg
784KB, 800x801px
>>
>>72295666

that's a bit rich coming from you satan
>>
Any. The Beatles/Brian Wilson crow about mono because the stuff they listened to in the '40s and '50s was all in mono, so it's an aesthetic preference. Plus it's harder to fuck up the final mix because you don't have to account for nearly as many variables. But if you can't handle that and you make a wonky recording, or you're deaf in one ear, that's not the fault of stereo.

With that said, I'd never want a live album or classical performance reprocessed for stereo, that wouldn't make a ton of sense.
>>
interstellar overdrive is a fucking nightmare in stereo especially the last minute
gives me a headache every time
>>
Stereo is obviously better than mono, but that doesn't mean all stereo mixes are better than all mono mixes. Stereo mixes until like.. '68-ish were pretty spotty. I'm pretty excited to hear the upcoming Sgt. Pepper remix since the original stereo mix was pretty bad, but it's definitely an album that deserves a stereo mix.
>>
File: R-9388835-1479690075-7144.jpeg.jpg (89KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
R-9388835-1479690075-7144.jpeg.jpg
89KB, 600x599px
>>
>>72295630
Are you shitting me?
Is this bait?
Have you even listened to PATGOD in mono?
It's MUCH better than it's stereo counterpart!

>OP is a pleb!
>>
>>72295630
Mono Beatles>>>>Stereo Beatles
>>
>>72295856
Yes it's true that Brian Wilson preferred mono because he was deaf in one ear but I think a lot of the Beatles' material was better in mono.
>>
>>72298178
Not all Beatles' material benefitted from mono but a majority of it sure did.
>>
>>72295630
Funny thing about this album: it's actually the band sonic youth on the cover, not pink floyd
>>
File: beatles.jpg (360KB, 1919x1004px) Image search: [Google]
beatles.jpg
360KB, 1919x1004px
>>72298178
That's not completely true. Their first 2 albums and first few singles are 100% better in mono and no one should dispute this. When people talk about bad stereo mixing and very hard panned instruments, this is a prime example of that.

After that though, each album is better in mono usually except that the stereo mixes are also great and give you a totally different listen. So you should just get both! Why wouldn't you want more ways to listen to and appreciate the Beatles music?

I agree with you though that mono is almost always better. But some songs on mono albums are better in stereo and vice versa. The hardest one to decide is the White Album where half are better in stereo and half in mono.

You should do this for the Kinks too.
>>
>>72295647
FPBP
He's just afraid of the scarecrow
>>
>>72295894
literally the best part
>>
>>72295630
Stereo is for faggots
>>
>>72298286
And all along I thought it was The Swans
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.