[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically think this album is as good as S/T. Am I the only one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: neighborhoods.jpg (873KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
neighborhoods.jpg
873KB, 1500x1500px
I unironically think this album is as good as S/T.

Am I the only one?
>>
Are you15?
>>
>>72289728

No, I am 26 today. Not joking, it's my birthday.

For the next four minutes it still is anyway. I'm in the UK and it's 23:56 here.

Damn I wish my birthday could be longer. It only comes once a year and it's about to go away for another 365 days... dammit. I should have done more things today.
>>
>>72289944

And now it's gone. For another year. I have to wait a whole year until my birthday again. How much does that suck.

Oh well, I can still use "it was my birthday the other day so let's go out drinking" for the next few days I guess.
>>
>>72289944
>>72290064
Happy Birthday i guess
>>
>>72289944
ok quiz time if you arent lying:

When is your birthday?
>>
>>72289682
Agreed..
24 here. When you put the nostalgic feeling that comes when you listen to it, it's actually a fairly good album
>>
Neighborhoods is good, and it's a lot better than I could have ever expected for a post-reunion album, but I don't think it's quite on s/t level. There's songs on it (Snake Charmer, This is Home, and MH 4.18.2011) that prevent from being fantastic.

s/t > neighborhoods > dude ranch > enema = mark, tom, and travis show > dogs eating dogs > take off... > cheshire > buddah > california
>>
>>72290088
Thanks man

>>72290104
19th April, but even if I was lying I would just be able to look at a calendar wouldn't I?

Not lying though. It's up to you if you believe me I guess. I'm not about to find my passport to prove it.

>>72290161
Well I don't think it's very nostalgic because it's not that old. Unless you mean it sounds nostalgic because it captures the old sound of Blink? Which I guess it does. It definitely feels like it fits in Blink's catalogue.

Unlike California, which I don't really like, apart from a few tracks. Massive shame that Tom has left because he really did form a big part of the sound, from a songwriting perspective as much as (or maybe more than) a vocal perspective.

I think that's what makes Neighborhoods and S/T good - a combination of Tom's grandiosity, but tempered with Mark's simple poppy, catchy hooks, and of course Travis's very intelligent drumming.

>>72290237
>I don't think it's quite on s/t level. There's songs on it (Snake Charmer, This is Home, and MH 4.18.2011) that prevent from being fantastic.
Yeah maybe you're right. I think it is close to S/T though.

Also that's a controversial ranking. I think there are definitely people that prefer their older stuff to their newer stuff, but meh.

Personally I'd put Enema above Dude Ranch. And I would put Take Off higher because I fucking love that album, it was the first album of theirs I had, and I was absolutely obsessed with it as a kid. Got it when I was 10, and listened to it for years. Spent so much time in my CD player.

I agree with California last though.
>>
Nothing will beats Buddha

>Carousal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4YoCZ8Vw8

>Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scJUqbL6FU

> the girl next door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAh1rxdvEs
>>
>>72290585
I have Dude Ranch over Enema not because they 'sold out' or some other bullshit other people say, but because Dude Ranch was my first Blink album, getting into them through Dammit and Josie, so I guess I just view it through rose tinted glasses. I think Enema has more solid writing and production, but Dude Ranch brings me back to being in high school and listening to Apple Shampoo while hanging out with my friends. Nostalgia's a bitch, I guess.

The reason Take Off is so low for me is because it's not special in any way. It has the misfortune of falling between s/t and Enema chronologically, and I feel that it doesn't have any 'highs' on it like the others do. The only song that's ever stuck out to me has been Everytime I Look for You, and that's only by the breakdown in the last half. It's just so status-quo, and they never did anything special or experimental with it like s/t since that's what the label wanted, just some "summer hits". I guess I'm glad that it exists though, since it made Tom go write BCR out of frustration, which I think is the best thing he has ever done alongside s/t and I-Empire.
>>
I'd go Self Titled, Dude Ranch, Enema, Cheshire Cat, Neighborhoods, Buddha. Haven't and probably won't listen to California.
>>
>>72290773
Sorry put take off your pants in between Cheshire Cat and Neighborhoods too, mb sonny jim
>>
>>72290585
Yeah I meant the nostalgic feeling of listening to Blink 182. It always hits me whenever I listen to them regardless of the music being old or new.
>>
Dude Ranch > Enema > Buddha/Cheshire (most of the songs are the same) > TOYPAJ > who cares
>>
>>72290704
It's a good album. Rough and ready.

>>72290763
>I have Dude Ranch over Enema not because they 'sold out' or some other bullshit other people say, but because Dude Ranch was my first Blink album, getting into them through Dammit and Josie, so I guess I just view it through rose tinted glasses. I think Enema has more solid writing and production, but Dude Ranch brings me back to being in high school and listening to Apple Shampoo while hanging out with my friends. Nostalgia's a bitch, I guess.
Fair enough. It's the same for me, with Take Off vs. Enema. Enema is probably a better album from an objective stand point, but Take Off is more valuable to me because it's the first album of theirs I got, and the one I was obsessed with.

I never even got Enema until much much later. Here in the UK I couldn't normally get to a CD shop that stocked Blink CDs. I was only able to buy Take Off when it entered the chart, upon its release, in 2001, so it was stocked in the local supermarket.

>The reason Take Off is so low for me is because it's not special in any way. It has the misfortune of falling between s/t and Enema chronologically, and I feel that it doesn't have any 'highs' on it like the others do.
Hm. I personally see it as a bit darker / more mature than Enema. So I think it's a progression on the way to S/T.

And what about Anthem Part II, First Date, The Rock Show, Stay Together for the Kids? Those are pretty classic Blink songs I'd say. And Fuck A Dog, of course. For me and my mates that was the biggest classic of all.

I agree there's some sort of mediocre songs on there, but I still love them all, due to childish obsession with the whole album I guess.

>it made Tom go write BCR out of frustration
Yeah BCR is pretty good.
>>
>>72291222
>And what about Anthem Part II, First Date, The Rock Show, Stay Together for the Kids?
I'm pretty indifferent to all those. Anthem pt. 2 is probably the weakest opener on any Blink album in my opinion, I find it doesn't grab me like the others do. Rock Show is a banger, and seeing it live is awesome, but it's just alright status-quo pop-punk, and that's it. I despise First Date, and I couldn't really tell you why unfortunately, I just find it hard to listen to, and while Stay Together is a good song, it doesn't get to me since I've (fortunately) never had to experience a divorce.
>>
>>72290773
>>72290791
>>72290912
OP here, this is my personal, subjective ranking of favouritism:

TOYPAJ > S/T > Enema > Cheshire Cat > Dude Ranch > Buddha > Neighbourhoods > California

To explain: yes I know I said that I think Neighbourhoods is as good as S/T, and I think it's close. But I love all blink albums, which is why Neighbourhoods is comparatively low in this list (but still very very good in my opinion)

To explain Dude Ranch that low: I prefer the rough and ready sound of Cheshire Cat. Also I got Cheshire Cat before I got Dude Ranch (I downloaded it over Limewire or something like that back in the day). I just have a soft spot for Cheshire Cat - Carousel, M&Ms, Toast & Bananas, all that early stuff.

And yeah, TOYPAJ is top for me because it was the only Blink album I was able to purchase as a kid (local CD stores were shit) and I fucking loved it.
>>
>>72290844
Fair. I do think Neighbourhoods definitely captures a lot of the Blink sound, although it's not just a rehash, it definitely does feel like a development from S/T.

It's a shame California isn't as great. Tom's songwriting by himself is too grandiose and "epic" (see AVA), and Mark's by himself is too poppy/sentimental. But if you combine them both it's great, in my opinion. And California lacks that.

It just doesn't really sound like Blink. I guess Matt Skiba probably contributed to songwriting too which is another reason it sounds different.

>>72291402
>Anthem pt. 2 is probably the weakest opener on any Blink album in my opinion
Man. I completely disagree. I fucking love that song so fucking much. And I think it's a perfect opener. An epic opener, even. Also I'm a drummer and the drumming captivated me. Since it is pretty unique and technical. One of the first things that I was determined to learn when I got a drum kit.

I guess I can understand that if you grew up listening to a different Blink album though, then that's the one you'd love.

>Rock Show is a banger
It's funny because I actually think Rock Show is the most bland of those songs I listed. It's good but I think it's the most bland of those ones. So probably the one I listen to the least. But still a good song though.

>I despise First Date
Wow. Okay. Again I strongly disagree. Very very very strongly disagree.

When me and my mates formed a band, this was one of the first songs we were determined to play, which meant I had to learn the drums (the intro bit is quite hard - well it is when you're starting to learn the drums). It was one of our favourite songs. Still one of my favourite songs 2bh. Just a classic Blink song in my opinion. With great drumming.

>Stay Together
Personally I think I would enjoy it even if my parents hadn't split up. But who knows. Their marriage was always terrible so maybe that is why I like it, even though I think my enjoyment of it is separate from that.
>>
File: 1484544632041.jpg (155KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1484544632041.jpg
155KB, 780x840px
it's an album made by dads singing about the stuff their kids do. Disgusting. Fucking kill yourself you worthless shitfuck.

Move to Connecticut and drown yourself in a frog swamp if you like pop punk so fucking much.

Here is a black girl with a huge forehead that probably agrees with you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IvKc7wqq10

This is now your beautiful wife. Do not try to say this is not my beautiful wife because it is your wife. This is what you wanted.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.