[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garage rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: stooges.jpg (43KB, 622x439px) Image search: [Google]
stooges.jpg
43KB, 622x439px
How do i get into Garage rock? what are some of the best albums? which albums sound like noise rock?
>>
>>72289290
you mean Garbage tocvk? lmao
>which albums sound like noise rock?
Big Black
>>
>>72289356
i've already listened to big black. i meant Garage rock albums that sound like noise rock but aren't classified as such
>>
>>72289403
The Index - The Black Album
Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
The Stooges - Fun House and Raw Power
There's more but I'm tired and can't think
>>
>>72289403
Coachwhips - Bangers vs Fuckers is exactly what you're looking for
>>
File: here are the sonics.jpg (41KB, 494x500px) Image search: [Google]
here are the sonics.jpg
41KB, 494x500px
if you don't mind compilations, listen to nuggets immediately
otherwise pic related is good
>>
>>72289509
The Stooges aren't garage rock>>72289579
Anyone that's against comps is a turbopleb
>>
File: c3208444.jpg (51KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
c3208444.jpg
51KB, 750x750px
>>
>>72289611
>Anyone that's against comps is a turbopleb
yeah definitely
especially when the best songs in the genre are only available on comps or impossible to find singles
>>
>>72289618
monk time all the time
>>
>>72289290
>which albums sound like noise rock

White Light/White Heat, if you'd consider it garage rock, which i would say sorta
>>
>>72289546
This

>>72289403
Bass Drum of Death, Slow Warm Death, Ty Segall's "Lemons", Traditional Fools, The Frights first EP, Black Lips' "Let It Bloom", The Reatards, Smith Westerns, Pink & Brown, and The Intelligence
>>
Drunk mums is neat
>>
>>72289290
Hasil Adkins compilation, Out to Hunch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLka7gxpivw

I'd also recommend checking out Norton Records output in general as they've brought to light a lot of super obscure, super weird stuff. Jack Starr for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu4e5RwwKfs
>>
Ready to get your mind blown? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlHO7OEzHQk
>>
>>72292615
Fuckin love this song. Happy to see other people postin it
>>
The Sonics
The Wailers (NOT the reggae group with Bob Marley)
? and The Mysterians
The Standells
The Litter
The Chocolate Watchband

Google these bands and start from there. These are considered the finest of all the garage bands past present and future.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.