[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank Coverges discography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Converge Jane Doe'.jpg (440KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Converge Jane Doe'.jpg
440KB, 1425x1425px
One of the hardest bands discography to rank in my opinion since they're all so great.

I'll start from best to worst.

1.Petitioning The Empty Sky

Probably an unpopular opinion as most will say Jane Doe as being their best. But in my opinion this is the definition of Metalcore with the songs like the Saddest Day defining what metalcore is and was supposed to be. I can also appericate the more melodic screamo or "emo" elements of the album like on the song "Dead".

2. Jane Doe
3. No Heroes
4. Axe To Fall
5.You Fail Me
6. All We Love We Left Behind
7.When Forever Comes Crashing Down

Admittedly i do need to listen to When Forever Comes Crashing alot more my least listened to other than Halo In A Haystack

8.Halo In A Haystack

Interested to hear everyone elses
>>
>>72281384
jane doe and you fail me are their only 'good' albums.
petitioning the empty sky is okay, the rest are average to meh.
no heroes, axe to fall and all we love we leave behind feel watered down compared to jane doe and you fail me. their old stuff sounds like they haven't found themselves yet.
>>
1. Jane Doe
2. AWLWLB
3. You Fail Me
4. No Heroes
5. Petitioning the Empty Sky
6. When Forever Comes Crashing
7. Unloved and Weeded Out
8. The Poacher Diaries
9. Axe to Fall

Very unpopular opinion, but I think the mixing/mastering on this album sucks. Only songs I like are Dark Horse and Axe to Fall. The guest musicians really don't add anything that makes the album better.

10. Halo in a Haystack
>>
>>72281707
Oh and the You Fail Me redux makes that album soooo much more enjoyable
>>
>>72281555
I'd disagree that Jane Doe and You Fail Me are their only good albums, They were just different in style to their older albums that had more hardcore tendencies.

>>72281707
I can definitely see where you're coming from on Axe To Fall it took a while to click for me at one point. But the more i listen to it the more i got into it. Songs like Wishing Well, Axe To Fall And Dark horse definitely make it for me.
>>
>>72281384
t. nu male
>>
>>72283003
How so?
>>
>>72283121
You like a nu male band
>>
>>72283269
What's makes a nu male? Liking Something semi popular?
>>
>>72283434
Idk man 90% of mainstream bands suck dick. I cannot say exactly why, they just do. Imo converge is just noisey, directionless """hardcore""" for hipsters who like kicking themselves in the nuts. It's loud as fuck but goes absolutely nowhere, which is the kind of stuff hipsters like.
It's just bad. There are better bands to get hearing damage listening to.
>>
I dunno, I just like Animal Collective a lot.
>>
1. When Forever Comes Crashing
2. Petitioning The Empty Sky
3. Jane Doe
4. All We Love We Left Behind
5. Halo In A Haystack
6. No Heroes
7. You Fail Me
8. Axe to fall
>>
I'm not qualifed to rank them all, but this is my favorite.
>>
>>72283616
Name 5 please.
>>
>>72285170
5 metal bands?
>>
>>72285814
5 better metal/hardcore band to get hearing damage.
>>
You Fail Me
Jane Doe
When Forever Comes Crashing
Petitioning The Empty Sky
AWLWLB
Axe To Fall
No Heroes
Halo
>>
>>72285978
That's a hard question. I'm not into hardcore, but If you're asking for quality modern extreme metal, some of the bands i enjoy are Abyssal, Aosoth, Blood Incantation and Perdition temple.
I also thought that the last Loma Prieta album was okay too.
Give those a shot.
>>
>>72283616

nice opinion

nice buzz words that mean nothing

>i dont even like converge
>>
>>72285978
[spoiler]The Locust, Daughters, Jeromes Dream, Catharsis, Botch[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.