[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NARKOPOP THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: gas-narkopop-1472x1472.jpg (611KB, 1472x1472px) Image search: [Google]
gas-narkopop-1472x1472.jpg
611KB, 1472x1472px
AOTY, no contest. Dude did it again.

>Narkopop 11 when?
>>
>>72279748
I think this one has the best cover art
>>
>>72279748
I'm glad it's not shit.
>>
>>72279748
people have been jerking themselves off to Gas nonstop lately, and honestly the only good album he made was Pop. Narkopop is alright I guess, but tryhards are going to hold it up like it's some sort of masterpiece even though it's because Gas is totally the cool thing to like right now.
>>
>>72280400
>Gas is totally the cool thing to like right now.
you mean artists with several critically acclaimed albums generate hype when they release new material? go figure
>>
>>72280400
>the only good album he made was Pop
Why don't you like Königsforst or Zauberberg?
>>
>>72280400

Pack it in boys, this guy figured out that everyone who likes Gas is a big ol liar
>>
>>72280518
I like Gas but there is better ambient techno out there.
Sadly Gas is the only ambient techno artist most Gas
fans on mu have heard.
>>
>>72280573
This is pretty true, any ambient/ambient techno recs?
>>
>>72280573
>there is better ambient techno out there.
Such as?
>>
>>72280573
Isn't gas ambient pop?
>>
>>72280518
not a liar, I actually do like Gas, but I think it's stupid just how overrated Gas is right now on /mu/.

>>72280425
Königsforst and Zauberberg have good moments, but in general I can't help but feel like some of the tracks are very amateur-ish in terms of direction. Pop maintains a thorough atmosphere throughout that is uninterrupted and thus the atmosphere continues to build throughout the album. Zauberberg and Königsforst are unable to build their respective atmospheres because there are a couple of tracks with perhaps a bit too much thumping rhythm that detracts from the atmospheric and admittedly gaseous headspace. Pop only has one thumping track and it comes at the very end (I'm not counting #4 because that is a "thumping track" which manages to incorporate the thumping in a less intrusive manner that allows for the atmosphere to continue to build).

>>72281995
>>72281034
I'm not this guy: >>72280573
but if i were to recommend better ambient techno, I'd recommend Loscil.
>>
>>72282816
i love loscil, but come on. gas is so much better at building atmosphere through textures. that being said, i think the two projects are going for very different things
>>
>>72282816
He's not overrated. People saying aoty are correct. Nothing that comes out this year will have more long term relevance than Narkopop.
>>
>>72282816
direction matters a lot less in most Gas albums/tracks. it's more about enveloping the listener in a certain atmosphere or setting, therefor direction really doesn't matter in the long term
>>
LINK
>>
>>72283099
https://bleep.com/release/81872-gas-narkopop
>>
>>72283120
>https://bleep.com/release/81872-gas-narkopop

Lol
>>
tfw you'll never buy Pop on vinyl
>>
File: 1444842121157[1].png (457KB, 380x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444842121157[1].png
457KB, 380x480px
>>72282816
You talk like thumping rhythm is a bad thing. I guess we're just looking for different things in his music because I don't like Pop as much as the rest of the albums for the same reason you prefer it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKaOe3_sdOo
>>
>>72280400
Pop is his worst album.
>>
>>72283639
thaaaank you
>>
W H O H E R E /Z A U B E R B E R G/
>>
>>72282816
>but if i were to recommend better ambient techno, I'd recommend Loscil.
jesus christ
>>
>>72280573
Gas is barely even ambient techno, he sounds completely different from any other "techno" artist and has carved his own very distinctive niche.

I agree that people who fellate Pop and disregard his other albums are backpackers but I personally enjoy Gas because of how unique he sounds.
>>
friendly reminder that anyone who thinks his defining work is Zauberberg needs to be round up and shot for being such insufferably contrarian poseurs
>>
seriously though where's the mega link
rbt.asia's search still isn't working
>>
>>72286006
pop is his defining work. narko doesn't come close to his magnum opus
>>
>>72286006
You're right, we can all stop pretending it isn't Konigsforst.
>>
dude 10x the same track lmao
>>
File: cover.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
>people not realizing the best Gas release is Gas under his irl name
step it up plens
>>
Königsforst is the best yet also most inconsistent Gas album desu
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.