[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk about this album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg (180KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg
180KB, 300x300px
Talk about this album.
>>
>>72277289
Best thing they ever did.
>>
>>72277289
A 10/10 just for having Good Vibrations
>>
>>72277289
Not your personal army
>>
heros and villains is ok
>>
>>72277289
Overrated.

Pet Sounds > Sgt Pepper > Revolver > SMiLE
>>
>>72277552
Haven't seen someone spit this hotfire since /b/ circa 2009 during the Boxxy days
How about going back to /b/? Sound good?
>>
>>72277289
best piece of music ever created
>>
>>72277605
You didn't link me
>>
COLUMNATED RUINS DOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>72277682
:)
>>
>over and over the crow cries uncover the cornfield
What the fuck did Parks mean by this? Someone please tell me.
>>
>>72277782
go to bed Mike
>>
>>72277577
How can someone be this wrong
>>
>>72277305
Yeah that's a good song but Cabinessence mops the floor with Good Vibrations though.
>>
>>72279658
I've never understood the appeal of Cabinessance, it has a really cool name (sounds like something you'd put on a cake), but it doesn't really stand out in any way musically, at least compared to Child is the Father of the Man and Surf's Up.
>>
>>72277713
Mmh. I can feel the ghost of a thousand /mu/tants singing this line out of tune.
>>
>>72277782
It's part of the themes of manifest destiny and celebrating America. This song being a surreal picture of the American midwest. With the last lines, he wants to get across how tiresome, repetitive and laborious the work of the farmers is and so he repeats phrases and blurs the two images he's painting together. The crows are doing the hovering and the threshers are doing the uncovering, but he's swapped the ends of the lines to make things muddled and to conflate the image of the crows circling the fields and the farmers working in them.
That's how I interpret and hear it anyway. There's a good chance he hadn't thought about it this hard and it just felt right and sounded good with the melody to him.
>>
File: MI0003333867.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003333867.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
bump
>>
>>72279933
Thanks, but the answer I was looking for was >>72277791
>>
This is the best album of all time, in my opinion.
>>
>>72277289
I like vegatables
>>
>>72277289
Tbh this either would have failed miserably in 1968, or would have changed the game.
>>
anyone got any good mixes that aren't SLN or the sessions?
>>
It's great. But several of the songs were never properly realised even on Brian Wilson's solo attempt and it's easy to see why it wasn't completed at the time. Like Heroes & Villains - I do like the song but it sounds off on every official version. Too wordy.
>>
>>72282210
MQR is pretty good, if long as fuck.
I've heard good things about the
AlternativeBrianWilson mix but I haven't listened to it
>>
>>72277713
what the fuck is that supposed to mean
>>
>>72279658
thank god someone agrees I thought I was the only one
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.