[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do we think of the king gizzard and the wizards lizards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6295.jpg (396KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6295.jpg
396KB, 1200x1200px
what do we think of the king gizzard and the wizards lizards
>>
the best part is the name and the rest is awful
>>
>>72276754
DUDE MICROTONES
DUDE SPOKEN WORD (their upcoming album)
DUDE ALL THESE STUFF TO DISTRACT PEOPLE FROM THE FACT THAT WE CAN'T WRITE GOOD SONGS
LMAO
>>
>>72276754
banana wasn't that good but the new 3 part thing is promising. I liked nonagon most
>>
File: 1492491223962.gif (2MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
1492491223962.gif
2MB, 360x264px
they're good
>>
this. >>72276911

they can only pay homage to minimalist 1-note krautrock jams for so long before people realize they can't actually compose a good song and they're not good enough musicians to be able to make good improv jams
>>
>>72276754
I like them
>>
they're great, just don't expect anything boundary pushing or innovative. they do what they set out to very well though
>>
>>72277199
They literally just sit in the studio improvising over ideas and then cut it up and call it a song. Their music is like 70% improv. You really thought they sat down and wrote all that shit out?
>>
le 1970s
le weed
le australian
le prog rock
le randumb
>>
File: kinggizmindfuzz.jpg (279KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kinggizmindfuzz.jpg
279KB, 1200x1200px
I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is their underappreciated best work. Especially the first four songs. But even the later half is pretty great.
>>
i love how much theyre fucking around with different ideas and concepts. none of it is like deep avant-garde expermentation, but everything they do is just a lot of fun.
>>
>>72278746
Completely agree, a toned down/ less abrasive nonagon
>>
2randum4u xD dude memes lmao: The Band
>>
>>72278746
This here. The slow jams are reallllllly nice and am i in heaven is imo their best song
>>
>>72276754

that album was the most plain thing I've ever heard come out of psychedelic music.
>>
>>72276754
>what do we think
if you like their music, listen if you don't, don't. stop worrying so much what the people on here think. if you want to listen to music a group of people approve of may I suggest the billboard charts
>>
File: a3796441552_5.jpg (179KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3796441552_5.jpg
179KB, 700x700px
love this one
>>
>>72276754
It's like shitty rock band from 70s that played hip krauty songs. nobody would care about them by that time
>>
I'm a big fan. They're not doing anything truly outrageous, they just base an album off one idea and tend to do it well.

When I was in high school I wanted to make a band that did the same idea, though I have no musical talent.
>>
Its the same songs as the last album: microtonal edition
>>
I fucking love King Gizzard.
>>
SADDLE UP BOYS, MURDER OF THE UNIVERSE IS GONNA BE L I T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPuxO_WyHg
>>
>>72276754
fucking garbage. only autistic troglodytes like this shit.
>>
They're alright. Microtone album wasn't all that great though.
>>
Loved them since 2012. They really made a name for themselves

Thank you to whichever /mu/tant linked 12 bar bruise back in the day
>>
I think they're cool. Get a bit repetitive after a while though, but I guess they're going for more of a jamming kind of persona. I imagine they would be really good live.
>>
>>72280794
i wish they played something else
>>
As an Australia I hear the name a lot but I don't think I've ever actually heard their music.

Having checked some out now on the jewtubes, they seem alright if you're into that sort of thing. Kinda cool that a band that just sounds like a regular pub band is somehow popular.

Not sure why they have THREE guitars plus a harmonica.
>>
>>72281362
not to mention two drummers
>>
>>72276754
They're good, all the fucking spergs on this board hate them though because
>Oooooo this shitty unheard of 70s-90s band did it first
>>
>>72276754
they're always workign on some project and they got gud pretty fast thanks to it
also trying to innovate playing with microtoes, alternating acoustic and electric instruments and playing with 2 drummers and stuff, always interesting
>>
>>72276780
this desu, literally do thee oh sees psych-garage style but worse in every way
>>
>>72277469
Don't expect 4chan to have substance behind it's contrarian opinions.
>>
>>72276754
I love them, but there is no goddamn reason for them to have seven members. People have pointed out a lot that on all their new stuff, the singer always plays exactly what he's singing on guitar, and the drummers are almost always just playing the exact same part.

It bugs me cause if they slimmed down their lineup and really worked on their chops they could be an awesome jammy live band
>>
>>72276754

Not terrible but not really good musicians. I know no one cares about lyrics (plebs) but they have some of the worst in tha game, mainly this>>72276911

But they seem like cool guys and at least they don't take themselves too seriously so hey let em have their fun
>>
They can be gimmicky, but that'd be unforgivable if they weren't so incredible at writing really good songs to flesh out their gimmicks. 7.5/10 band as a whole
>>
All I can tell you is that a year ago if you mentioned them on /mu/ people would tell you they loved them
>>
I'm thinking on seeing them live next month, has anyone seen them before? How are they? I heard their performances are great.
>>
File: 1489360355991.jpg (44KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1489360355991.jpg
44KB, 635x473px
>>72276754
i predict that this is the year when its cool to like gizzard, next year they´ll be like kanye or radiohead meaning nobody really gives a fuck anymore so they join the hate train

Its sad how contemporary modern pop is but you take what you can and let it RIP
>>
>>72283179
I've seen them 7 times, would recommend. Some of the best shows.
>>
they're just plain annoying, especially the fans
go listen to Amon Duul II instead
>>
it's like if your dad's pub blues rock band listened to Thee Oh Sees and decided to rip them off. they aren't the worst, but they have too much of a lame 70s stoner vibe and not enough good songwriting or improvising to really make it stick. it's cool that they have fun with concepts and ideas, but I don't think they'll ever release anything truly great or worthy of more than a couple of listens.
>>
RATTLESNAKE

RATTLESNAKE

RATTLESNAKE

rattlesnake
>>
>>72283462
>Thee Oh Sees

never stop posting it, people will start believing you, I'm sure
>>
>>72284395
they have explicitly stated that they basically created the band because of a shared love of Thee Oh Sees.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2014-12-19/high-hopes-king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard

it's really not that difficult to hear in their music either way.
>>
I fucking love King Gizzard. [2]
>>
>>72283850
rattles me
>>
They are pretty okay, this is awesome though https://youtu.be/TUsckrbyLvk
>>
>microtonal album
>" fuckin' sell-out, this is pure shitty gimmick REEEEEEEEE"
>autotune spoken-word album
>"A O T Y"
/mu/ was a mistake
>>
>>72277469
Proof?
>>
>>72277469
>>72281679
did you even read the rest of the post?
>and they're not good enough musicians to be able to make good improv jams
>>
>>72285001
what album are you talking about that sounds cool
>>
>>72287017
Their new album is a spoken word album. It's just as lame as Black Flag's Family Man
>>
File: 1365681992047.jpg (513KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1365681992047.jpg
513KB, 960x960px
>>72276754
They are aus shitposting in music form. It's literally a bunch of kids playing music all day and making memes.

E G G S
>>
The best psych band out there. Their discography is really diverse, the anons saying their stuff is one note and that they cant write songs have only heard their recent releases. Also theyre incredible live
>>
>>72283222
is king gizzard pop now?
>>
>>72287118
but anon, family man is the best black flag record
>>
>>72287502
Eggs is a dead meme
>>
>>72282830
this
there was barely any talk about them a few years ago, and most of it was positive. I don't know what happened
>>72283179
they're great, one of the best concerts I've been to
>>
I've listened to a lot of King Gizzard, I like a lot of their stuff, they're no John Lennon of songwriting, but I feel their appeal is the sound they produce. I really like NI, IIYMF, FA/FYL, PMBD and The River and Loney Steel Sheet Flyer off of Quarters, their other albums are kind of okay, Eyes Like The Sky I wasn't into greatly, 12 bar, Oddments and FMB I liked though they're not as good as their other works. Murder Of The Universe I'm looking forward to though, the Altered Beast suite is pretty great. Same with Balrog and Lord of Lightning.
>>
>>72287740
>they're incredible live

THIS

Best mosh pit I've ever been in was at a King Gizzard show. It was incredible
>>
I love Gizzard, a little disappointing by their latest album but I hope next one in June is good.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.