[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: Damn._Kendrick_Lamar.jpg (137KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Damn._Kendrick_Lamar.jpg
137KB, 320x320px
I gave this album an honest shot, and I've never felt so un-impressed in my life. Vocally I think he has never sounded lazier, his flow on almost every track is awful and boring. It hardly feels like he's even rapping, moreso just mumbling through the tracks. I miss when he would kill a beat like on Ronald Reagan Era.

And the beats have some interesting touches, but overall most of the songs sound needlessly overcrowded and chaotic. There is almost nothing interesting about any of these tracks. I am very confused as to how this has gotten such mass acclaim. Even the very first real track, DNA, sounds like some garbage generic hip hop instrumental with dogshit vocals. And yet critics declare it as profound.

Whenever I voice some of these things people just say I "don't know hip hop" despite the fact that I've been listening to the genre for years and have been exposed to virtually all of the classics. Kendrick Lamar is just not good. He does not have much vocal talent and it gets worse with each album.
>>
>>72270815

Dude, it's another self oppressed n---ger being controlled by jew writers.

He's a half-wit. A degenerate.

Ignore him.
>>
>>72270815
All these random non-critism, like you didn't even listen to it, everything you just said has no relation what so ever to any song on the album, this better be some shit copy pasta
>>
Melon gave GKMC and TPAB a 9 and a 10, but he only gave DAMN a 7.
>>
>>72270815
yeah, I'm 3/4 of the way through it now and I don't really get it either. like it's not bad, but for someone as hype as Kendrick this seems really safe. like, in terms of fundamentals, it's a fine record, but this is definitely his worst record
>>
I know I'm late but I need a link to hear it so that I can add my opinion
>>
>>72270861

I feel like people only praise it for the lyrical content and themes. Musically it is terrible.
>>
>>72270873
implying 7 is a bad score.
7 is above average
70% is a first class degree in the UK university system
come on now

>>72270815
>>72270884
some tracks like DNA, LOVE, and ELEMENT are pretty bad, even unlistenable. but on the other hand we have BLOOD, PRIDE, and LUST, which are all very solid tracks with interesting production and great atmosphere. It is easier to get into than TPAB, and suffers for it, which is why a lot of people who liked TPAB think DAMN is a bit overrated–there aren't many challenging and ultimately satisfying elements in comparison with TBAP.
>>
The beat on Blood is the best part of the album
>>
Kenny's vocals and themes on Lust are pretty much lifted from Anderson .Paak
>>
>>72270839
>implying
Kendrick is the only one speaking about black on black crime, not blaming whitey, and calling out BLM on it's bullshit. But then again I haven't listened to DAMN. yet so maybe the Jews bought him and he's blaming whitey and Drumpf now. Is this true?
>>
>>72271400
>Kendrick is the only one speaking about black on black crime
Fabolous did it seven years ago
>>
>>72270915
Musically it's phenomenal, the production is probably his best yet.
>>
your racism disgusts me
>>
>>72271598
can you please st o p, the beats are accessible but so forgettable, production can't even compare to some of the crazy beats on S80 let alone TPAB or GKMC. I never get triggered until someone actually thinks the production on this can compare to his other shit
>>
>>72270815
r u me, i feel so betrayed after the 3 amazing albums and then he does this, i went in with an open mind but as soon as I heard DNA i just knew it was going to be forgettable, FEEL, PRIDE and FEAR are quite nice though
>>
>>72271400
hmmm well he samples a speech about the israelites for a good portion of one song
>>
>>72272193
>bruh let's play a beach house song backwards and sidechain some ride bells over a generic bassline

t. his best production to date according to you
>>
>>72272325
Did you even listen to it?? The person on the voicemail is claiming jewish people aren't the true chosen people of god and that they swindled the title away from the blacks, hispanics, and native americans who went on to worship other gods. Sounds like all kinds of mumbo jumbo, but there is no way (((they))) would ever let him put something like that in there.
>>
>>72272476
nah, it was that they *were* the chosen people and squandered it. so yes, kendrick is saying "don't be a jew," but he's also saying "we are the modern jews." a sentiment that only makes jews look positive in today's racial climate
>>
>>72272193
I GOT

G
O
T

I GOT

G
O
T
>>
>>72272351
>He likes a generic trap beat with some sub bass and tweets "its lit bruh"
>>
>>72272515
No. The person speaking thinks that they are the actual descendants of the original israelites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites
>>
>>72272542
>he thinks there is no good production in trap
>he doesn't know what generic means
>>
>>72272577
either way, that's not how kendrick is using it even if that's true
>>
>>72272600
trap has been overdone, we might as well ask for Mannie Fresh and his 2000 bling bling beats for Kendricks next album
>>
>>72272629
True, rapping over jazz samples is the future
>>
>>72272629
you can always tell when someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about when they talk about trap like it's been around for 4 years
>>
>>72270815
This album is literally

>2deep4u

People were talking about there being two albums, but this WAS two albums. It's theme encompasses the old testament(damnation) vs the new testament(redemption).

If you play the album from the last song to the first song, then you have a story of Kendrick's dad dying, leaving Kendrick to grow up without a father. Kendrick is influenced when he was 7 years old by his cousin carl preaching the old testament to him(deuterocanonical). Kendrick rapping about his mom could also be allegory to the spitefulness of god. He eventually grows up to the conclusion that he is damned(DNA) and is killed senselessly by the blind woman only to be reported as every other crime(fox segment)>

Playing the album from the begging shows Kendrick's triumph over this cynical view on the world as he is the product of a single soul making a good decision(ENDING THE ETERNAL STRUGGLE).

Not to mention all the references to certain phrases being played backwards(like lust), "we going to play this shit in reverse", and the beginning and ending of the album starting with "so i was taking a walk".
>>
Album is 10/10 for me, easy.
>>
>>72271400
*sets fire to a police car*
>>
>>72272617
These "black israelites" are ostracized by the jewish community, and even if their claims are outlandish they represent a threat.

Why would some greater conspiracy of jewish people even want to invite the idea of this in a song?
>>
>>72272668
ummm they already did that... its called 90's hip-hop.
>>
>>72272668
>he couldn't into TPAB
>>
>>72271352
im a huge paak fan, but he didn't fucking invent the themes of lust and desire m8, he also didn't invent fussing rap and rnb
>>
>>72272687
Huh. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>72272682
Trap beats are garbage though, no one wants to hear 40,000 hi hats with a looped sample while Kendrick Lamar sings
>>
>>72272777
Well that's just a bad hypothetical example, as it's neither the hi hats nor the looped sample that are obnoxious.
>>
This album is good and i feel sad for anyone who cant understand that.
>>
>>72272687
A 28 track album? Yeah, no. Kendrick can go fuck himself.
>>
>>72272704
Some people like being able to blame all of the problems in their life on some enigmatic group so they can feel like their problems are outside of their control.
>>
>>72272815
we can understand it fine, its good, nothing more and nothing less
>>
>>72272351
>bruh [describes something as if he's making an argument]
objectively better and more creative than anything on damn
>>
>>72272687
Album had crazy bars and rhymes, people hatin so hard
>>
File: 1453052145029.gif (547KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453052145029.gif
547KB, 276x200px
The fans saying 'it's supposed to be cliche rap he's doing a character' are the same people saying Trump is playing 4D chess.

It was fine, about as memorable as a Schoolboy Q or ASAP release.
>>
File: Kenny1.png (117KB, 817x966px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny1.png
117KB, 817x966px
>>72272752
>>72272834
>>72272876
>>
File: kenny2.png (104KB, 790x1012px) Image search: [Google]
kenny2.png
104KB, 790x1012px
>>72272920
>>
>>72270815
This is some crazy bait
>>
>>72271598
It's his most basic and derivative; not at all his best
>>
Lyricists only have 3-4 good albums in them regardless of how good they are.

Same with stand ups and comedy specials.
>>
yeah, it's not very good
however retards like >>72272962 drank so much from the kool aid they literally can't believe people dislike muh new k dot
>>
>>72272920
>>72272943

lol this is funny, the amount they make up bullshit to justify liking pop rap.

it's ok you like poppy rap now and kendrick is going future impressions for half the album
>>
>>72272920
>>72272943
damn...
>>
>>72273019
some try hard stuff
>>
>>72273029
Nice non-criticism. You can go back to your coloring books where nothing ever means anything :)
>>
>>72270815
The trap beats were terrible. The rapping was terrible. The concepts were incoherent. Pride is the only song I remember liking on first listen and I couldn't finish because I had to turn it off after he said he cried with his homies on election night.

But white liberal kids are going to praise it because they think it proves they aren't racist or something. The review sites want to prove how liberal they are to all of thier liberal readers.
>>
>>72273139
You don't criticize schizoid people, you give them meds
>>
>>72273187
>bad taste followed by delusional opinion
>>
>>72272920
>implying Kendrick knows anything about Ancient Greek writing structure
I hate liberals
>>
>>72273215
Not an argument
>>
>>72273237
>what is high school english
>>
>>72273269
>implying Kendrick attended high school
>>
>>72272920
>>72272943
damn still is no beowulf if you get what im saying
>>
>>72272687
so thats cool and all but why put it over boring trap beats
>>
>>72273465
"IT'S NOT BORING YOU JUST DON'T GET IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
t. kendrick fanboy
>>
Where can I find the whole kendrick coachella preformance
>>
>>72270815
damn
>>
>>72273292
lmao dumb ass

its been reported that kendrick got near a 4.0 or some shit near graduation. not like a high high school gpa means shit anyway
>>
>>72273543
>its been reported that kendrick got near a 4.0 or some shit near graduation
HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE SOMEONE GIVE THIS COON A NOBEL ALREADY HES JUST TOOOOOO GOOOOD
>>
>>72273586
>not like a high high school gpa means shit anyway

lmao shit nigga you're retarded
>>
>>72271610
It's 4 chan... expect nothing less.
>>
HE DIDN'T MAKE 'DAMN.' FOR OUR EARS. THIS WHOLE ALBUM WAS ADDRESSED TO BLACK PEOPLE ONLY EXCEPT FOR THE TRACK 'DNA' ON THE SECOND VERSE. LISTEN TO IT. HE WAS RESPONDING TO FOX NEWS & RACIST WHITES IN GENERAL.
>>
>>72273839
Obviously. We're still critiquing it objectively
>>
>>72273839
THIS

>white people: omg this is greatest album ever!!

do you stupid fucks even know hes shitting on your shit race?
>>
>>72273523
bump
>>
>>72273839
Racist white here, it's not great, definitely not as good as TPB
>>
>>72273839
This would make more sense if 90% of his fans weren't white.
>>
>>72273603
Idk if this is bait but if you think a high school gpa means fuck-all you're pretty damn wrong.

t. 4.0 in HS
>>
>>72273961
And to pimp a butterfly wasn't shitting all over our race? Fuck you i still liked it. You can still enjoy things even if you can't relate to the artists view.
>>
>>72274023
holy SHIT stop posting. i literally said in my first post that high hs gpa doesn't mean shit. nigga take your stupid ass back to school, fuck.
>>
>>72274056
did i say it wasnt, zachary? i guess you liking it just more proof whites are cucks full of white guilt lol
>>
>>72272687
exactly, the blind woman is literally the blindfolded lady justice and she had dropped "something"
she is depicted carrying a sword and a scale so return listening thinking she has dropped her sword and another listen where she has dropped her scale
>>
>>72273213
2edge5me
>>
>>72270839
>n---ger
you mean nigger?
>>
>>72273961
>implying I care

Maybe you not being able to get laid has nothing to do with "white oppression"
>>
File: 1427923099720.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1427923099720.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>72274933
>this comeback

not getting laid is something that women and losers with boring lives would say. are you saying you're either or both?
>>
>>72272193
>the beats are accessible but so forgettable, production can't even compare to some of the crazy beats on S80 let alone TPAB or GKMC
can't this this enough
>>
>>72271400
he's doing it as quietly as possible
>>
>>72272704
>even if their claims are outlandish they represent a threat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groups_claiming_affiliation_with_Israelites

look at how many people wanna be Jews. I don't think Jews are worried considering they are from West Africa lmao
>>
>>72273465
seriously

I love the album but production wise its a huge step back from TPAB.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.