[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Fantano's Review for DAMN.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 7

File: review.png (1MB, 1271x644px) Image search: [Google]
review.png
1MB, 1271x644px
What'd you guys think of Fantano's review on the new Kendrick album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGINiBYxis
>>
>>72268303
There's already like two threads about the review of this fucking album let alone the several threads just about the fucking album. please fuck off
>>
File: summer lion.png (161KB, 808x807px) Image search: [Google]
summer lion.png
161KB, 808x807px
Same as the album.
Didn't listen.
>>
Pretty sure he did it just to distance himself from the pack, like when MBDTF got perfect scores across the board and he comes out and says it's a 6. Controversial review? Fuck this guy! I'm gonna watch it! You don't get to a million subs without knowing what you're doing.
>>
Its actually a decent to a strong 8, but fantano didnt really line up with the mess in kendricks mind which resulted in painting quite a few impressive paintings (yes, paintings, kenny didnt want to resolve anything or stuff like that, idk what was melon expecting from this album lol), aside for a few lackluster songs (i agree with him on this one where he names god and love, although i would switch love with/add loyalty to the mix. the fucking ringtone rap verse is D. A. T. E. D. as fuck).
Otherwise pretty much agree with the guy, if it werent for the shit tracks, itd probably be a light to decent 9 for me
>>
File: 1380591721792s.jpg (5KB, 195x179px) Image search: [Google]
1380591721792s.jpg
5KB, 195x179px
>tfw didn't listen to the album and don't give a shit about fantano

>>72268341
this guy gets it
>>
>>72268303

AIN NOBODY VOTED FOR US
>>
That was unexpected from Fantano.
>>
File: 1489783488813.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489783488813.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>shits on the album because Kendrick believes in God
>>
>>72268303
Good review, once he started shitting on the albums cohesiveness at the end I was thinking he'd give it a 7-light 8

but fuck that melonhead for misusing the yellow flannel
>>
>>72269643

listening to DAMN. is literally like rewatching every scene in Do the Right Thang that takes place in the pizza shop
>>
Reposting from other thread

I don't agree with a lot of his review. He said it wasn't interesting sonically, had a loose concept that wasn't adhered to, and basically said LOYALTY, LOVE and GOD sucked.

I think it is Kendricks best album sonically. TPAB was ambitious with it's jazz, but it was also challenging at times. DAMN flows well and is the most replayable of his albums as far as the music itself.

DAMN has a looser concept, but all the songs adhere to it. LOYALTY feels like a random Rihanna pop song at face value, but after FEEL in which he is rejecting everything and everyone out of frustration, LOYALTY is him reminding/asking himself what he is loyal to and why. He isn't talking about loyalty to Rihanna. LUST is about physical and material distractions from the world around you, and that's why LOVE fits in directly after. At face value, it seems like a random slow-dance love song, but after LUST, it is him realizing what matters in the fast moving world around him, which is his significant other. The entire album is a look into Kendricks distraught mind and finding meaning/silver linings in depression and God.

I get not liking those songs, which is fine, But saying they don't belong is just wrong. If Melon feels like it's a 7 just based on the music itself, thsts fine too, but he's basing that on criteria that he says it doesn't meet, even though it does. He spent all week saying he would touch on things no other review did, but put out a review less insightful than the AV Club's. Based on his own criteria, he should rate it an 8. I think its a 9.

Ultimately though who cares. Just listen or don't.
>>
>>72269643
>christfags
>in charge of listening comprehension
No wonder you people cherry-pick the Bible so much.
>>
BLACK PEOPLE ON THE SUICIDE WATCH LMAO
>>
>>72268303
anthony why are you posting here
>>
>>72269700
on point my nicca. I hadn't thought about LOYALTY like that. the album does make a lot of sense in its own incoherent/chaotic world—more than the melon gives him credit for. DAMN to me is a decent 8
>>
>>72268354
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
>>
>>72268303
oh yeah I watched the youtube vid and disagree with this guy rating about this hip hop album, totally
>>
>>72269700
>Ultimately though who cares. Just listen or don't.
The person who write lengthy reviews of reviews and then reposts them for the (you)s
>>
>he gave Damn and Lil Boat the same score

How butthurt are redditors right now
>>
>>72269700
agree
>>72269829
Nothing wrong with discussion. I think he's just saying that fandingo's review score shouldn't take any kind of priority over your own thoughts and opinion.
>>
>>72268354
>>72269820

>The mentality of a kendrick dickrider
>>
>>72269829

I don't care if people don't listen, or don't like it. I just care if you spend all week hyping up a review and end up putting less thought into the album than the AV Club or some loser on 4chan (me). He put thought into his TPAB review like he was preparing for a thesis paper, but for this one he takes everything at face value, because muh Deuteronomy hurt his SJW feelings
>>
told you niggas it was a 7.
>>
>>72270032
who are you
>>
>>72270061
fantano
>>
>>72270061
that guy that said he was gonna give it a seven.
Though he didnt like DNA that much which was pretty surprising because he always goes for the shitty trap,
>>
>>72268341
>>72268654
y(ou)
>>
>>72268303
I'd say he completely missed the mark, he was expecting a completely different type of album, he graded it more compared with how other kendrick projects are, then how good it is in it's own right.
>>
it looks like kendrick made the album cover hoping fantano wouldn't review it cause it would look a weird italian monkey torturing a poor black man

>fantano makes 22 minute vid
>>
>>72268303
it gets a light to decent 5
>>
>>72270146
>then how good it is in it's own right.
Which is none?
This had BY FAR the most skippable/non-essential tracks to date.
S80 had no make up.
GKMC had County building blues & swimming pools.

You can take out over half the album for damn.

kendrick stans are embarrassing.
>>
>>72268303
He gave the correct rating.
>>
>>72270211
>county building blues
that's a bonus track
>swimming pools
but I like that song

which tracks are skippable on damn? let me guess yours:
>god
>love
>loyalty
>element
>>
>>72269871
Lil Boat got a higher score
>>
>>72270237
dna
yah
element
loyalty
humble
lust
lov
god(feat. AHHA)

8/14

Even though i liked love
>>
>>72270284
got damn man, this is why we say music is subjective. lust and yah are some of my favorite songs on the album and you just threw them out with majority of the track listing.
>>
>>72268303
Thoughts on this thread about fantano's review for DAMN.??
>>
>>72270316
Kendrick albums up until now have been parts of a whole with the occasional,obligatory single.

I have no problem with raw or experimenting. But this album is just pure trash, and fantano was right in saying he should have worked on this much longer. Whatever message or point he had in making this was surely lost in execution. But sure just rationalize your idols wrongdoing away with

>its just music man :^)
>>
>>72270377
SHITE
>>
He's so dick hard for Kendrick he rated a 4/10 album a 7/10.

Quote me on this: years down the line, we realize this album was just Kendrick's shitty attempt at being Drake.
>>
>>72270395
ok. i still like it. it's def not his best work but I enjoy it.
>>
Score was too high, should've gotten a light 5 at best

Kendrick is shit
>>
>>72270395
messages aside this is still sonically a great album. it's hilarious how much people put rap albums on a pedestal for needing messages in lyrics while other genres they'll just enjoy the grooves and vibrations
>>
>>72269700
>Based on his own criteria, he should rate it an 8
>His subjective numerical appraisal should be objectively higher
>>
>>72270521
>still sonically
its not, stop using buzzwords you dont understand.

>when an album is good
>see told you hip-art is art

>when the album is bad
>who cares, rap isnt meant to be deep anyway lol

This is why hip-hop will always be a joke.
>>
>>72270567
Your opinions are not fact, anon.
>>
>>72270584
And your subjective dismissals for a lack of a real argument is just the same.
>>
>>72268341
heres a (you)
>>
>>72270605
You aren't arguing anything though. Not much to say back when all you're doing is refuting like this
>i enjoy this album
>why? this album is trash
>i think this album sounds good
>why? this album sounds bad
>>
>>72270441
Then how do you explain DNA, FEEL, FEAR, PRIDE, XXX?

I agree half the album is a shitty attempt at pop, but the other half is good ol' kendrick destroying bars so he hasn't sunk to drake level yet.
>>
>People honestly enjoyed GKMC
I'm sick of skitfags. Just because it has skits doesn't make it good.

DAMN > GKMC
>>
>>72268303
Stop advertising, faggot
>>
>>72270626
Ive already said why its bad.
Do you want a dissertation?
>>
>>72269936
he's right, though. there's no way Damn is worse than Untitled Unmastered
>>
>>72270649
GKC isnt good because it has skits, its good because its one of the most focused albums that deliver a story with consistently good rapping and beats without hitting you over the head with subject matter like TPAB
>>
>>72270666
I don't because I don't care about your opinion and I don't care to discuss the album with you. I've been writing paragraphs of analysis on this board all weekend. I'm just gonna enjoy the music for a bit now.

also for clarity, I'm not the original anon you were responding to.
>>
>>72270703
Sure buddy. When you return to reddit.net remember to take your retarded opinions with you.
>>
>>72270726
then why is GKMC bad.
hard mode: no buzzwords
>>
>>72270254
no it didn't, it got a 7
>>
>>72270726
>he's a cavs fan
>>
>blacks, hispanics, and Native Americans are the true children of Israel
>God is punishing them for worshipping heathen gods

What did Kendrick mean by this?
>>
>>72270830
>dude im a jew now, any criticism are just mean anti-semites
>>
>>72270758
1. Story is lackluster.
2. Beats are mediocre, think DAMN except less inspired.
3. Kendrick doesn't even know what message he wants to convey about his experience as a whole, he only does this later on TPAB.
4. Bloated with unnecessary skits that don't even move the "story" forward or give interesting context to any of the songs.
>sit down
>DRANK
>head shot
>DRANK

>>72270808
LeJesus, lord and savior of basketball.
>>
>>72270726
You can hate the album but that is literally unarguably true.
>>
>>72270877
>think DAMN except less inspired.
uwot, they could not be any different.
>. Kendrick doesn't even know what message he wants to convey about his experience as a whole,
its literally just his accounts of doing hood shit before finding religion

And yes swimming pools is his normie track.
>>
It's interesting how there's no clear consensus on what the worst track is even though it seems everyone's in clear agreement that the quality dips.

I really liked Love and I didn't hate God that much (even though I thought it was a little weak). I can't stand Pride and I thought Rihanna was the most redeeming part about Loyalty. I think there are only a couple tracks that I'll end up skipping in the long run: Pride, Loyalty and God. Strip those out and I feel the remaining songs are some of Kendrick's best.

I think he was going for an album that didn't necessarily take you on this huge, tiring journey of realisation and understanding but a by-product of that approach are some filler tracks that don't even stand amongst the worst of his last two albums.
>>
>>72270948
also if you really want to get into quality we can do that
AHH HAAAA
MAKE IT SEXY
I GOT ROYALTY INSIDE MY DNA
SO GIVE ME A RUN FOR MY MONEY
KUNG FOO KENNY
THATS UNCLE KENDRICK
>>
>>72268303
>/mu/ - Reviews of Music Reviews
>>
>>72271064
When are we releasing Post-Meta Critic™?
>>
>>72268303
22 minutes of him talking but not saying anything. He didn't touch on anything important, focused on a couple songs and barely spoke on/rushed through the rest of the tracklist. This was probably his shittiest review yet, and I'm not saying that because of the score he gave.
>>
I'm just glad Cal is back
>>
I agree with him. I really like Kendrick and was honestly dissapointed with how commercial he went. You could've taken Kendrick of the album and put on drake or any other commercial rapper and you wouldn't have been able to tell a difference. Like honestly some of the tracks like LOVE were just overproduced garbage that scream "we want the radio audience".
>>
>>72271182
Love wasnt over-produced, it was just a drake song, which is why its so jarring for some.
>>
>>72271182
This. Its like they always say, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Ironically acting like your some more religious, existential, J-Cole is still acting like some more religious, existential, J-Cole. J-Cole puts me into the night night zone. GOD really put it in perspective for me.

The album also suffers from severe ambiguitis, which, while makes pretentious critics give you perfect scores, doesn't make for a interesting product.
>>
>>72270377
Light to strong 5 on this one.
>>
>>72268303
he wuz a raciss n shiet cuz he dint give da album a perfec score
>>
A
FUCKING
>>
>>72269643
>dislikes the album because of the production
>your post
lol
>>
>>72268303
he gave the album one point less than he wanted to. you can see it on his stupid fucking face

stop falling for his shit. giving him more views will be incentive for him to give inaccurate and provocative reviews
>>
>>72268303
DNA thoughts

Kendrick Lamar’s lyrics are unabashedly violent, and much of this violence is tied directly to race. When Kendrick says “You ain’t shit without a body on your belt” we see Kendrick painting violence as a necessity for respect. Moreover, Kendrick goes so far as to tie violence to race when he says that “Sex, money, murder—our DNA”. Kendrick Lamar paints himself as being violent due to his intrinsic code.

We see violence connected to the artist in the DNA video. This is seen when Don Cheadle becomes controlled by the music. As the music stops Kendrick touches Cheadle, only to have him drop dead. The music is presented as a tool which helps Kendrick control and Kill his enemy.
DNA becomes intertwined with music. Kendrick says that it’s been another “dead nigger association” (Lit double entendre) just as he kills Cheadle. DNA can now be interpreted as not only an abbreviation of deoxyribonucleic acid but also as dead nigger association. Bringing dead nigger association and genetics together suggests that genetics are the explanation for black violence. Overall music and black people are painted as at fault for things such as black on black crime rate.

Geraldo Rivera’s Fox news clip is sampled at different segments throughout the song. Most notably Geraldo says right in the middle of the song that “hip hop has done more damage to young African Americans than racism in recent years”. This insane line from Rivera really helps put the song into perspective. DNA is a satirical song in which Kendrick becomes the boogeyman.

Why does Kendrick embrace Geraldo’s obviously flawed criticism? I’d say to show that Kendrick can own the criticism that comes his way. DNA uses the same tactics from the end of Eminem’s 8 mile.

I’d like to hear what message you guys think the video/song of DNA is trying to convey.
>>
>>72269871
someeone said this in a thread a while back but the scores fantano gives cant be compared to each other because there is no set system. people can argue about how he gives ______ a __ out of ten all day long but they'll just be talking in circles. the focus when watching a fantano review should be more on what he has to say,
>>
>>72268303
>says kendrick wouldn't have been born if top dawg had shot kendrick's dad
>but kendrick was already born at the time of the encounter
>the point was top dawg wouldn't have signed kendrick if he were in jail for murder
why do you guys care what this guy says? he obviously didn't study the album enough. move on from this troll.
>>
>>72271153
Melon kills cal every 2 months what's his problem
>>
>>72271849
Anything he said on DNA was better said on GKMC
>>
>>72272185
Too early to tell for me.
>>
>>72272331
>Too early to tell for me.
What do you mean?
>>
>>72269700
>TPAB's jazz
>challenging

Okay, I've had enough of this r/hiphopheads spillover shit, just leave.
>>
>>72272356

Ive only listened to the album 7 times so I need to analyze the album more before I can rank it In Kendricks discog.

DNA is a song that has me really conflicted, I dunno if Kendrick really handled the geraldo thing that well. I'm still trying to process it all.
>>
>>72271941
damn I didn't notice he said that. what the fuck, how does he miss something like that? the man needs to stop rushing his reviews
>>
Anybody else here his reviews are getting sloppy lately?

Like the new Quest album. No way that's even close to a 9. Not dickriding kungfukenny but this album was judged too much bc of the whitey keepin us down cos we sinned ideology, which for all we know could be some sort of performance art.

He did bring up some decent points, like the lack of consistency. Tbh though he's saying his ideology isn't influencing the rating it def feels like it
>>
>>72273306
Kendrick's music rarely has anything to do with white oppression and often focuses on the tribulations of the black community itself. I don't know who started this "kill whitey" meme.

I also agree about the album feeling kind of scattered. Some of the songs are very different stylistically and with their order in the track listing it makes for a jarring listen. Interestingly, the content of the tracks themselves actually directly related to each other and that was consistent through nearly the entire album. I also agree that fantano let his rejection of that God punishing ideology take away from his enjoyment of the album. He seems to have rushed this review especially considering he didn't even understand the story on DUCKWORTH.
>>
>DAMN 7
>untitled unmastered 8

his opinion is worthless
>>
>>72273619
he reviews music through qualifiers.
>>
Album is a pretty solid 10 for me. Only song I'd say isn't better than a 9 is LOYALTY, which is still a very good and poignant track. GOD. fits well and there's no other songs I'd even consider calling lackluster in any way.
>>
>>72273719
you're the first person I've seen with such an overall glowing review. why do you like it so much to give it a ten?
>>
>>72273904
"its new so its good, and i want (you)s"
>>
>>72273904

I enjoy how he made a departure from his last 2 albums and took a very disjointed but honest approach to the record. He feels unsure on purpose, and I like hearing that after being extremely focused on hard-hitting themes in GKMC and TPAB.

It's an extremely fun listen, short and sweet, very up and down. He surprised me but there's absolutely no moment when I feel like "why am I listening to this right now?"
>>
>>72274031
>but honest
this is easily his least-honest album to date
>>
>>72274031
damn this album felt like a chore for me
>>
>>72268341
(((You)))
>>
>>72274061
why y'all make vague posts like this? how is this his least honest album to date?
>>
>>72274061
Really? Half the time, I feel like he sounds like he's saying fuck it, I've done a lot, I've overcome some shit and I made an impact. He brags about how he's the best and does styles of music he's never done before.

The other half feels like he isn't sure whether to identify as black, man of god, "Israelite," leader, lover, etc. I think he's troubled but able to speak his mind at this point in his career about his difficulty with identity.

>>72274083
Hey man, I just love it. There's no objectivity here.

>>72274120
idk why people are being so nice but I love you too
>>
>>72274230
>>72274249
Hes not saying anything on here of worth that he hasnt said already.
Theres no real point to this album. Its just a hastily thrown together collection of songs he lazily tied together with a shitty gimmick thats been done a thousand times. Its pure speculation but I feel hes finally cracked under the pressure.

A good kendrick album you cant take away more than a few songs without breaking the album. With this you could take half the songs out and still have a mediocre Ep>
>>
>>72274316
What about the fact that he feels like he is on ice with God and can't make any missteps or he will take it all away or smite him or his people down? What about the idea that chance encounters made him who he is today, and that fear of them is a ruling force in how he lives? What about being conflicted about his identity to the point where he wants to completely discard his skin color which he absolutely absorbed for his masterwork?

I feel taking away any song breaks the balance a good bit, but there shouldn't be any reason for that argument again any album IMO.
>>
garbage review, UU doesn't deserve higher, lil boats doesn't deserve even a point within the same region
>>
>>72274446
I feel like his extremist jump to religion is just a gmmick. Or maybe hes getting brainwashed by someone.
but like i said GKMC did all of those minus the jew thing
>>
>>72270877
>3.
Its funny, it's like the opposite for me. That's why I think GKMC is better.
>>
>>72274316
I kind of felt like that idea of having cracked under pressure was a large part of the concept of the album as well.
>>
>>72274736

I agree that it's a big jump, I'm not saying it's completely authentic, just that he gives is credibility by going back to it quite often. None of us know how he feels with it, but I feel a marked but believable change in this album with relation to his identity, faith, and outlook.

It's not about whether it's truly authentic, but whether you feel it's authentic. The songs on this album do more than enough for me to jive with it, so I love it.

Good talking with you.
>>
>>72274795
The only way he could pull it off assuming any of its true is his next album be even darker.
But going that route requires a lot of commitment.
>>
>>72273619
>>72274684
this is egregious help me cope
>>
7 is too low
>>
>>72275341
high*
>>
>>72275383
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>72269679

what do you mean, anon? i've watched the movie and listened to DAMN but isn't every scene in the pizza shop tense as shit with the Italians and Mookie just giving eachother shit?
>>
>>72270164
kek
>>
This album makes me enjoy life :)

9/10
>>
>>72270681
It actually is, though.
>>
>>72271849
Good post but I'm having trouble believing Kendrick is only saying these things to mess with Geraldo's statement. The fact that he mentions DNA in several songs, and the fact he truly believes Black's are specifically God's children makes me think he actually fully believes these things and truly advocates for violence. I'd like to believe he's trying to be the boogeyman for fun because of what's been said about him but I'm starting to think he's serious.
>>
>keep seeing people hype this album up as "deep", "dark", etc
>finally listen to a track on youtube
>the beat is just as fisher-price as Rap God and any misc. Drake beat

how do rap fans stand for this garbage time and time again? it's unreal how cheesy and bubblegum some of this shit sounds.

can black people please discover Scorn already?
>>
>>72270703
So it's basically a bad Madvillainy?
>>
>Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?

why do people always care so much?
>>
>>72268303
He didn't go hard enough on the album, it was a 6
>>
>>72270284
>humble
>lust
shit tier taste BTW
>>
>>72269666
>666
>>
>>72276826
This, a very generous score. Not a surprise from a Kendrick dickrider like Tony though
>>
>>72269700
>DAMN
>most replay value
>what is GKMC
>>
>>72268354
Why he didn`t distance from "death is real" shit then with it`s high scores? Maybe deep down inside Melon is a nazi-emo...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQYPwE1P70

Spectrum Pulse's review was better

Probably the best review of the album I've seen so far
>>
File: ZbP7fOf.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
ZbP7fOf.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>KUNG FU KENNY!
>what happens on earth stays on earth

destroyed album for me
>>
>>72268341
This all day
>>
>>72271941
I noticed that immediately that I had to rewind. He corrected himself on twitter though. I honestly think he rushed the review and didn't listen to the album enough.
>>
>>72271941
Thank you for this comment. I can't believe I trusted his review withouth fact checking! I can still believe kenny is the best
>>
You /mu/fags are a bunch of weak minded pussies lol who the fuck pays attention to YouTube critics or even goes as far as to discuss a fucking review
>>
>>72275092
i actually thought UU was better than DAMN... and i swear i am not a melondrone
>>
>>72274083
same I had to force myself to listen to it first 5 times
>>
It's obvious the only reason he was not feeling this album is because he did not agree about kendrick's views on the Israelite topic

It's pretty much the first huge issue he brought up in the review, made a whole segment about how he disagreed with it and was triggered by it.

album was automatically not getting an 8 or better from him because of that.
>>
Am I the only one who thought Humble was one of the worst tracks? The beat is fucking boring and the whole song is just grating as hell. Why does everyone like it? DNA is a far better banger anyways.
>>
>>72278194
Humble is probably a mid-tier track for me. Much more enjoyable than the likes of God, Love, Loyalty. also would rate it over / on par with a couple others, but it is a great track
>>
Sad to see him give the album such a low score.
>>
I saw someone else say that Fantano was trying to box Kendrick in creatively and that's why he rated him so low. After reading a lot of first impressions of the album when it got leaked on /mu/, I definitely think this is the case. DAMN in my opinion is an amazing album, it's just not a TPAB, it's not even a GKMC, it's more comparable sonically to S80 if anything. And I think people just wanted TPAB/GKMC 2.0 and they didn't get it and now they're upset.
>>
>>72268303
kinda glad he didn't give into his fanbase and just pander to them by giving it an 8-10 and went with his actual opinion instead, knowing that he'd get backlash from the #MelonHive
>>
I'm glad he stucks to his opinion and didn't simply dickride this album as some of other Music """"""""critics"""""""""""
>>
File: 1479713465688.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479713465688.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>72269700
>TPAB was ambitious with it's jazz, but it was also challenging at times. DAMN flows well and is the most replayable of his albums as far as the music itself.
>>
Damn was shit
>>
>>72268303
ANTHONY "DESTROYER OF CAREERS" FANTANO. IT'S OVER KENDRICK'S CAREER IS FINISHED HE PEAKED WITH TPAB AND NOW HE'S A WASHED UP HACK.
>>
The melon exposed Kendrick as a fraud, deleted his discography immediately and so should everyone else.
>>
>>72270681
ahahahahahahahha there's actually people this retarded
>>
>>72268303
I really don't like YAH. but PRIDE. is probably one of my favourite hip hop tracks, it's really quite beautiful.
LOVE. is dreadful to my ears and I really dislike the hi hats on many of the tracks.
I don't like the production on this anywhere near as much as TPAB, it's just a lot more typical and less easy on the ears with more of that usual obnoxious bass that wasn't really there on TPAB pretty much at all.
Concept seems really loose and flows, melodies and performances are a lot less interesting than i found TPAB to be for pretty much every track other than PRIDE.
>>
blood
dna
yah
element
feel
pride
humble
xxx
fear
duckworth

all of these are perfect or near perfect. fuck you if you dont agree
>>
I was interested until he started going full fedora, then it got cringey. He's such a fucking child, wish he'd keep his dick in his pants
>>
>>72268303
massively disagree with him, probably a strong 8 to light 9 for me

also Love is one of my favourite tracks on the album
>>
>>72269700
agree with a lot of what you've said here

people talking about lack of concept in this album are just plain wrong, there's a lot going on here
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.