[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Station to Station vs Low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: lowsts.png (2MB, 1200x598px) Image search: [Google]
lowsts.png
2MB, 1200x598px
Which one do you think is better?

I'm having a tough time deciding because they're both perfect albums
>>
I like Low but everyone'll tell you it's Station to Station.
>>
Heroes
>>
>>72267982
Low

>>72268051
But really this
>>
Low
>>
Station to Station song is incredible but Low is a better album overall.
>>
I never got the Station to Station praise
Don't get me wrong it's great but not Berlin-tier, outside of the title track, Golden Years and TVC15 it's pretty lukewarm, I really need to be in the mood for Word On A Wing / Stay / Wild Is The Wind
>>
>>72268187
I disagree, I think it's a perfect album that engages the listener the entire way through. Word on a wing is an unsettling track, Bowie was so fucked during the making of this. He made the track in desperation towards god, and the lyrics and vocals are absolutely perfect. Stay is also brilliant, that riff is fucking excellent and it's a great funk track. Wild is The Wind is a fantastic closer particularly because of the lyrics and smooth instrumentals and vocals. It's riveting towards the end with Bowie's contribution.
>>
low

but blackstar is bowie's best
>>
>>72268402
I think it has a lot to do with my initial obsession over it honestly, I listened to it so much when I first got round to it that it lost a lot of the impact on me even now.
>>
definitely Low, Station to Station never clicked with me.
>>
File: IMG_5374.jpg (332KB, 1122x848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5374.jpg
332KB, 1122x848px
>>72268116
This

Station to station is still my personal fave
Also bowie is one of the few artists to successfully make a great album while in cocaine psychosis
>elton john, oasis, ozzy all tried and failed

>>72268548
not his best but top 5 for sure imo
>>
Low, it just has those extra quirks that really put it over the edge.
>>
>>72267982
I'd say Station to Station. Every track is great, no filler whatsoever. The title track has some of the greatest moments in Bowie's discography. Nothing overstays its welcome. It ranges from catchy tunes like TVC15 to the very emotional Word on a Wing. Completely flawless.

The back half of Low (arguably) doesn't have enough going on to justify its length, although A New Career in a New Town more than makes up for that. Still incredible, but its enough to give Station to Station the edge, imo. Both are better than Heroes or Blackstar.

>once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down
>>
Low but Word on a Wing is my alltime favorite Bowie track.
>>
>>72267982
i love both, but anyone saying anything against station to station is plebtrash
>>
>>72267982
Station to Station because i like the cocaine
>>
>>72267982
Station to Station has Wild is the Wind.

5/6 album.

Low has 0 bad tracks.
11/11 album.

Low by a small margarine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.