[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's had its time to sit what does /mu think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (110KB, 665x673px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 665x673px
Now that it's had its time to sit what does /mu think?
>>
Top 3 Ye albums
>>
TLOP = The College Dropout = LR > Yeezus = 808s > the rest
>>
>>72267893
Ok I love TLOP but > 808s cmon now
>>
>>72267893
how can you like TLOP that much without thinking MBDTF is a top 4 ye album c'mon
>>
Memeing aside it's not bad
>>
Decent production but it feels unfinished a lot of the time. Feels like it could have been perfect but Kanye got impulsive. Also shit song writing for a Kanye album. 3/10
>>
Better than Yeezus. Special snowflakes will disagree.
>>
its good as a whole if u really think about the albums meaning

otherwise its got some good bangers but no cohesion
>>
>>72267865
Joint least favourite with 808. Pretty sure this is his worst reviewed album as well?

Didn't really go down as great as he usually does.
>>
>>72267865
I CAN FEEEEL IT DEEP INSIDE DEEP DEEP DEEP INSIDE I FEEL IT DEEP INSIDE DEEP DEEP DEEP INSIDE

I GET LIFTED YAH
>>
>>72268045
Really stellar accomplishment, there.
>>
>>72267995

I used to fucking love MBDTF...prob would've said it's in my top 4 albums of all time no doubt, once upon a time. I remember watching the 30 min Runaway video with my friends the night it was uploaded and almost having an outer body experience.

I am now older and the album just doesn't have the same magic. Devil in a New Dress, Runaway, and Blame Game are pretty much the only tracks I'll put on.

Idk, maybe TLOP will be the same in a few years, but I still listen to it in full ~2 times a week no exaggeration. There's songs on it for literally anything I'm doing. Pts 1 & 2 are two of the finest workout songs of all time, FML hit me in the feels hard on first listen, I'd say Real Friends is one of Kanye's best songs period, Highlights/Waves are fucking bangers...I could go on.

TLOP is a life playlist and I think it'll still sound
just as fantastic in a few years, more so than MBDTF does now (just my opinion, obviously).

Least fav tracks tho: Ultralight Beam, Wolves
>>
>>72268226

...ALSO

The whole "lack of cohesion" thing is bullshit. There are very few albums I've listened to where I'll get near the end of a track and I'll anticipate/know 100% what the next song is going to be...and if my music is on shuffle or a TLOP song is playing at a party and the next song isn't the following track on the album, I get super disappointed. Ex. Famous into Feedback, I Love Kanye into the "TURN ME UP" of Waves, Waves into FML......I could literally say any 2 back-to-back tracks from the album desu.

As I said, not many albums have ever left me like this. The College Dropout is close, same with Blonde by Frank I suppose. But yeah I don't fucking know.

I'm gonna listen to TLOP right now though, and nobody can stop me
>>
Same as I thought on release - it's a whole lot of rough but there's a few diamonds in there. As an album, though? Easily one of his worst, way too much shit to dig through to get to the worthwhile bits. Still, at least it's better than Yeezus.
>>
>>72268226
>>72268323
Understandable on why you don't enjoy MBDTF as much. I agree with TLOP having cohesion, people talk about changing the track order but I think it's perfect the way it is.
>>
Yeezus > TLOP = MBDTF > LR > CD > 808s > Graduation
>>
>>72268045
nephew
>>
>>72267865
It's great and it's a top 3 Kanye album
>>72268323
This is a great description. FSMH 1 & 2 don't feel complete without Famous, also FML without Wolves, and Facts without Fade. People calling the album a 'mess' don't know what tf they're talking about.
>>
its shit
>>
I love it, one of my absolute favorites by him.
>>
>>72268036
this, it's got a lot of cool ideas and legitimately weird moments but the execution is atrocious
>>
Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > CD > TLOP > LR
>>
6.5/10
>>
Yeezus > TLOP > MBDTF > LR > TCD > 808s > Graduation
>>
I feel like after MBDTF, Kanye just decided to be a producer who hops on current trends and sharts out a new album every few years. Yeezus was just Kanye putting his stamp on the experimental/underground rap sounds that were all the rage from 2010-2012. TLOP is a masturbatory mixtape of the types of songs the Snapchat generation wants to hear. It had no clear cohesion or narrative, just Kanye waving his arms in the air saying, "look how 2016 I am!"

I'm honestly getting tired of Kanye's gimmick, but it is fun to join the hypewave whenever he releases a new album.
>>
>>72267865
Definitely a good album. MBDTF is better tho IMO.
>>
I think it's gotten better, at least for me
although, I don't think he went far enough with the concept here. an album that can be continuously changed and added to is such a unique concept, I just wish he changed it around a little more and played with it
>>
despite all the problems with the album, it was the album that I went back to and thought about the most last year
>>
I still don't know which version is the "finished" one, but going from the one that I have (the leaked one) it's ok. The songs sound good on their own but the album has a total lack of cohesion and some stupid ass lyricism. 7/10
>>
its a fun little meme to blast in the car with the homies and have a laugh, but for actual active listening it is awful. a lot of songs end abruptly just as they're getting good, and the remaining songs are just awful.

The "bonus" tracks are the best tracks on the album and to be honest, the only good tracks (with a few exceptions, like Ultra Light Beam)
>>
>>72271280
Get the new one. Almost every song sounds a lot better besides Feedback.
>>
>>72270968
This is the correct order.
>>
File: IMG_2026.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2026.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>72268226
>>72268323
This. Honestly once I've got it started I find it very difficult to not listen all the way through. I've listened to it primarily digitally but even though I was super excited when I found a physical copy, its strange putting it on and not having all of those seamless transitions
>>
>>72271558
Is that vinyl the fully updated version or one of the early versions?
>>
>>72268323
>>72268226
i dont think ive ever encountered someone who so erratically swings back and forth between right and wrong

its like im listening to Transatlanticism, im getting whiplash
>>
File: IMG_2030.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2030.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>72271602
It said April 2017 on the sleeve, but does not have Saint Pablo. But is one of the fixed pressings with Fade on it. I don't remember if it has the new or old version of Wolves on it though

Disc 1 is on that milky transparent brown, disc 2 is on transparent hot pink
>>
File: cover2.jpg (330KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cover2.jpg
330KB, 1280x1280px
>>72268226

I agree, but I'd say Yeezus evokes even more of that for me compared to TLOP. I love just how in your face they both are. Kind of the same reason why I'm gravitating towards DAMN. over TPAB and GKMC.

I remember thinking that MBDTF was the best rap album that would ever be made 5 years ago, now it's just one of Kanye's better albums.
>>
>>72270968
>>72271515
>Yeezus above MBDTF

uhhh kys
>>
>>72271710
yeezus one of the top 10 rap albums ever made
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.