[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 40

Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?
>>
>FUCK DONALD TRUMP

Such incredible lyrics!
Voice of our generation!
Totally not going to be forgotten in a few years once the anti-trump circlejerkers get bored and find someone else to hate
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Everyone knows the only good rap is the ignorant dirty south memphis/houston/ sound. If you listen to rap/hip hop for political insight you are a fool.
>>
>>72264019
>AY YO
>AY YO HOL UP
>FCUK DRUMPF
>YEA
>>
File: pe.jpg (258KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
pe.jpg
258KB, 953x953px
>>72264019
>>72264096
I mean not all of it is trash
>>
>>72264019
Because it's written by niggers and Jews and neither one of these groups has had an original idea since 1987
>amerikkka
My point exactly
>>
You're white.

You can't relate to the album.
>>
>>72264167
This album aged poorly
>>
>>72264091
Stunning and brave. This oppressed minority is fighting the man, even though every television network, radio station and Hollywood is pro-Trump. The public school system, the major political donors, etc are all pro-Trump so this artist is taking a major risk by saying what others are too cowardly to say.
>>
>>72264019
i liked this album. it was much more than "Fuck donald"
the schoolboy verse was fire and overall the albums a soft 3/5
>>
>>72264167
We must not forget the musical genius from artists such as Too Short from Oakland.
>>
>>72264091
this

AYO FUCK DONALD TRUMP ORANGE ASS NIGGA
AYO BLACK LIVES MATTER FUCK RACISM AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
SHOOT A NIGGA DEAD AYY AYY POUR ONE OUT FOR MY NIGGA AYY AYY
>>
>>72264210
You mean like 99% of rap? Perhaps you just grew up.
>>
>>72264019
Good political discussion goes to the core of the issue, takes a look at both sides, maybe puts the argument in a historical context, and then argues why one side is the better choice for the current problem.

Rap lyrics are FUCK FUCK GIMMIE GIMMIE TRUMP TRUMP
>>
>>72264235
FUCK DONALD DUCK, NIGGA
>>
>>72264210
Because it's not 1989 any more lol
That doesn't mean the album has no merits in the modern day, that's like saying Remain in Light sucks because worldbeat is dead
>>
>>72264236
I mean it aged poorly compared to the rest. 80's rap is corny as fuck
>>
This thread is better today than it was a few days ago.
>>
You people are just racist. What's different between a political rap song and political rock song? You guys love leftist rock music that has anti-Trump, anti-racist and anti-capitalist but when a rapper does it you make fun of him and say his lyrics suck, presumably because of the ebonics. What gives?
>>
File: Temporary_Forever_cover.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Temporary_Forever_cover.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
huh
>>
>>72264281
Fucking Donald Drumpf, why does he have to ruin music. It's all his fault that Jews are paying niggers to spout propaganda. This is a new phenomenon too, it hasn't been going on since at least the 1920s
>>
>>72264292
There's a difference between Gang of Four or something and a guy just saying "AYO FUCK TRUMP HOLD YOUR HANDS UP HIGH NIGGA AND SHOUT IT TO THE SKY"
>>
>>72264257
>Good political discussion goes to the core of the issue, takes a look at both sides, maybe puts the argument in a historical context, and then argues why one side is the better choice for the current problem.

You just made this retarded criteria out of thin air.
>>
>>72264292
Musically modern rap artists do not compare to their 90's and 00's counterparts. They sounded "blacker" then.
>>
>>72264019
this
political hip-hop is shit for the most part. I like Public Enemy thoguh. At least they were fun and in your face
>>
>>72264292
>you guys love leftist rock music
Source?
>>
>>72264316
Rapping about Trump has been going on since the 1920's?
>>
>>72264319

Joey literally only says "fuck donald trump" on one track.

Your whiteness is so over-sensitive you hallucinate that more was said.

The album isn't about trump, it's about white supremacy. And Amerikkka.

kill yourself cracker.
>>
>>72264320
This

also
>>72264257
>implying musicians have any obligation whatsoever to produce "good political discussion" instead of just making fucking music.
>>
>>72264292
If I were racist I wouldn't listen to hip hop at all. Rap typically isn't a good medium for making a big political point. I'm not a fan of political hip hop or rock in general, it gets too preachy.
>>
I loved the album though.
>>
>>72264292
>if they don't like political rap they like political rock
fuck off
>>
>>72264371
>whiteness

Why you so racist nigga
>>
>>72264236
how to spot a meal fag
>>
>>72264373
The topic is "why is the political discussion shitty" ya dumbfuck.
>>
>>72264371
>Your whiteness is so over-sensitive you hallucinate that more was said.
>black person saying this
W E W
E
W
it has really come full circle now
>>
>>72264374
>I'm not a fan of political hip hop or rock in general, it gets too preachy.

People who say this often have little to no political knowledge about anything.

You're turned off it by "poilitcal" music because of your politcal insecurity.
>>
>>72264389
Because you as a white man in Amerikkka are automatically evil and a oppressor whether you realize it or not. You are the benefactor of white supremacy and you view the world through a white supremacist lens. Shut the fuck up and sit down racist because you don't know shit about hip hop and need to be quiet. I bet you only listen to rap because "shit bangs" but you don't respect the artists or what they're saying and look at them as subhuman because you're a racist scumbag.
>>
>>72264433
I'm not the anon you're replying to, but should everybody really care about politics? I don't give a fuck about politics and that's why I don't want to heard any political music.
>inb4 you're ignorant
>>
File: 1491267673028.jpg (23KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491267673028.jpg
23KB, 420x420px
t. whiteys bickering

you guys have some of the most vile ancestors in recent history.

just own that shit already, ya'll only fooling each other

and not very well at that lmao
>>
>>72264441
cringe
>>
>>72264441
>niggers can't handle banter for shit
in no way shape or form surprised desu
>>
>>72264433
Or I just don't want to listen to musicians trying to shove their political opinions down my throat. If I want political discussion I'll turn on the news. I don't give a shit about Trump or liberals or white supremacy or whatever, I just want to listen to some music.
>>72264441
t. sociology major
>>
>>72264460

So you must not care about life.

Life is politcs.

Everything you do or consume is poltics.

Denial doesn't negate the reality of politics.
>>
Cause you're an inbred who spends more time on pol than talking to people
>>
File: 1491279872064.jpg (7KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491279872064.jpg
7KB, 212x200px
>>72264411

>>72264019
>Why is political rap so fucking cringeworthy?
>>
>>72264314

I see ya kid. This album is fucking amazing and bus driver is severely under-rated
>>
I love it when in middle of a song which isn't about politics at all "fuck donald trump" pops out
like what the fuck?! I know it's hard to make an eloquent and smart anti trump song like YG did, but at least make a verse out of that!
>>
>>72264371
>unironically using the term Amerikkka
>>
>>72264466
My ancestors were enslaved before yours. My ancestors are the root of the very word "slave" (Slav). You don't hear us crying about it. Get over shit that happened 200 years ago. You're far from the only group oppressed throughout history. It's happened to every racial and ethnic group at some point.

Now we bend over backwards to help you get ahead with AA programs and quotas even if you're of inferior ability. Sit down B.
>>
File: 1476123228506.jpg (34KB, 568x376px) Image search: [Google]
1476123228506.jpg
34KB, 568x376px
>>72264019
>>72264091
>>72264147
>>72264235
>>72264257
>>72264257

where are you all getting this from? That album is about much more than that. You must not have even listened to it, the Donald is barely mentioned at all. Is it just that you nu-conservative types have a persecution complex because you got played by the guy you voted for?
>>
>>72264487
I care for something as long as it somehow influences my life in a big way. I couldn't give a shit about foreign policy. I don't care for president because as long as I can do what I like, why should I care?
>>
ITT: Faggots strawmannning musicians they don't like.
>>
>>72264487
I don't vote and I don't pay attention to politics. Fuck that shit. I can't do anything about it, we're all owned by corporations and elites no matter who's in charge. Who gives a fuck just live your own life instead of worrying about what some old whitebred assholes in DC are shitting out of their mouths
>>
File: 1492223064511.jpg (72KB, 634x460px) Image search: [Google]
1492223064511.jpg
72KB, 634x460px
>>72264500
thanks dude

people itt are really only talking about the most straightforwardly political rap and probably wouldn't even be able to make out the political themes in an album like Perfect Hair or Deltron 3030.
>>
>>72264572
Shut the fuck up kid
>>
File: 1491351991607.jpg (8KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
1491351991607.jpg
8KB, 274x237px
>>72264528
>My ancestors were enslaved before yours.
>b-b-b-but.... we were slaves too remember!?!?!?!?

ya'll have had basic civil rights here for more than 63 years dipshit. honestly arguing this kind of bullshit just proves you don't care enough about racial inequality to put basic critical thought into your argument.

if all you really wanna say is "shut up nigger" just say that lmao
>>
>>72264642
xD
>>
Political music is ok when it's subtle and using metaphors and shit instead of straight up saying "fuck the president"
>>
>>72264642
He's right.
>"We can change things if we just believe! Just go out and vote and protest and call your congressmen and post Facebook posts things will get better! Donate and match me!"

How has that worked out?
>>
>>72264096
It sure is the best style of rap but you also have the bay area.
>>
File: 1492439000777.jpg (39KB, 452x526px) Image search: [Google]
1492439000777.jpg
39KB, 452x526px
>>72264662
sure.

but if you're worried it's futile, why not do more instead of less?
>>
>>72264535
>You must not have even listened to it
Of course they haven't. It's /mu/; what did you expect?
>>
>>72264466
>>72264441
>you guys have some of the most vile ancestors in recent history.
People actually that retarded?
>>
>>72264687
>anime
>reddit spacing
Did not even read
>>
>>72264565
It's possible to like an artist and not like their preachy songs. Tribe are my favorite rappers and this is the stupidest performance i've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/JKYB0c3ZdFY?t=2m33s
>>
>>72264651
No it's to prove you're just whiny faggots and need to get over yourselves.

Slavs were severely restricted from immigrating to the US until 1965. Eastern Europeans were regarded as second class citizens and inferior to Western Europeans. Asians experienced the same thing, as did Italians for a time. You were not the only ones who suffered. But today how many Italians and Irish and Slavic people in the US do you hear complaining that they were oppressed 50-100 years ago? None. Why? Because what the fuck can they do about that, it's the past. Focus on your own shit and take advantage of the fact that you have the opportunity to get ahead now in the current year and you don't live in that time anymore. F
>>
>>72264657
this

that's the thing
most political rap is too on the nose with shit like "fuck the president fuck u racist nigga police b shootin us"
you need metaphor and wordplay to make it good
>>
>american rap
>political
why is this even a topic for discussion? ignore it and leave it for the children who think they can listen to this type of music to make them knowledgeable about politics and not racist at the same time!

anyone who takes anything else from it doesn't have any understanding or political standpoint really.
>>
>>72264748
Slavs are still looked a bit down upon here in western Europe desu
>>
>>72264672
the bay area is underrated as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Epkoo5ntc
>>
File: fagss.jpg (40KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fagss.jpg
40KB, 1440x1080px
>>72264019
is there a worse offender than these two fucks?
>>
>>72264748
Irish, Italians, Asians and Slavs were never discriminated to the extent blacks are. Plus they weren't forcibly brought over and segregated from white people in half the country.
>>
>>72264535
Most /pol/ fags are crypto-nu-males. Just the opposite side of the same coin.
>>
>>72264897
OK sure. Blacks were discriminated against, I will not deny. But my point is they're not the only group to experience this treatment in the US in the past but they're the one group still making a big stink to this day.
>>
history is ass and nobody should give a fuck about what happened. JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE FAGGOTS
>>
>>72264951
>DUDE DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING
Faggota like you should neck themself. Coming in and contributing nothing and actively trying to kill discussion
>>
File: mup da doo didda.jpg (109KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
mup da doo didda.jpg
109KB, 540x362px
>>72264019
Because it's retarded

My 5 year old cousin has a more nuanced understanding of politics. The closest semblance of a point there is is "racism is bad", it doesn't understand or care to understand why or how it's like this and then they go on to embody a walking stereotype that's everything a racist would use to make fun of and prejudge them turned up to 11
>>
>>72264945
Blacks are still discriminated against how can you not see that?

Do you not hear the stories about unarmed innocent black men being shot on the news?

The one black President who is considered one of the greatest of all time being called illegitimate because he's black? Succeeded by a KKK-endorsed mentally retarded tv star who got elected because he said openly racist shit?

White women refusing to date black men even to this day? I went to a woman's house in high school, white woman, to study. Her father kicked me out for the color of my skin and said I couldn't see his daughter anymore.

Us being called thugs and lowlifes for expressing ourselves through music and trying to get ahead? The routes of success for us are sports, music, or crime. You talk about AA and that shit but you got to realize why that shit exists. Because YOU fucked our schools and neighborhoods so it's impossible to focus on school and stay out of the life. Even if you get ahead and get that degree and job most places WILL hire the white man over the black man regardless.

You don't know shit. Sit the fuck down you Russian piece of shit thinking you can talk about me and my struggles.
>>
File: 1491084044021.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491084044021.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
>>72264945
You're mostly right, you're just (seemingly willfully) ignoring the fact that it's justifiably proportionate and can easily be traced to our current situation; far more easily than that connection could be refuted.
>inb4 muh individual responsibility half-truth
>>
>>72264574
I can't make anything out of Busdriver

His music just makes me scared, angry and confused
>>
>>72264982
this shit has been discussed a million times. I'm not saying XD DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING , I'm saying actually this >>72264945
>>
>>72265040
t. pleb
>>
>>72265032
Obama was fucking garbage as a prez what are you on about. White women not wanting to date you is 100% up to them
>>
>>72265032
That's not indicative of society at large.
Your girl's father was a racist. OK. That doesn't mean every girl's father is like that.

Obama wasn't disliked because he was black. He was disliked because he didn't deliver on his "hope and change" promises for the blue collar workers who voted for him. Trump appealed to them and got elected by them. There were a few birther nuts but that's the fringe.

The third post doesn't even make sense unless you live in a literal ghetto filled with crime/violence which not all black people do (and poor whites/Latinos in similar situations are equally as fucked). They legally can't hire a white man over a black man on the basis of that. There were black kids who lived in the same neighborhood as me and went to the same school, they had far more routes to success than just sports/crime/music. They had the same opportunities I had.
>>
>>72265032
Grow the fuck up. Look at the Asians. They were hated so much that they were legally forced into ghettos and laws were made preventing them from entering the country. During World War II, the Japanese were sent into concentration camps (technically internment camps, but why sugarcoat it?) where the conditions were total ass for no other reason than their race. Now they are outearning white families in the United States. Discrimination isn't dead, but it's your choice to either stay bitter and not do anything with your life or become successful and get back at the white man.
>>
>>72264466
Very simple.

>come in
>colonize
>set up cities
>wait for retarded barbarians to get with the program
>Once they do they take over the shitty city we didn't even want
>We leave and let you keep thousands of years of civilization white people dies for
>don't even expect the nogs to say thank you
>we made the world a better place. that is enough
>Jews will never do that for anyone.
>Greedy fucking Jews
>>
>>72264211
Hwut?
>>
>>72264019
Because political discussion in general is cringeworthy. A lot of people tend to go into a debate already aligned with a side, and not open to listening to new ideas. Rather, it seems like they show up to a debate to act like backup in a fight, rather than someone willing to hear out new ideas and rationalize why they may or may not be right by some philosophical or logical standards. Even worse than that, a lot of people like to enter into debate about completely foreign topics that they have done absolutely zero prior research on, and will spout whatever hairbrained idea they come up with that continues to support their current view of the world, instead of taking an objective look at the problem.
To top the cake off, political rap (and political podcasts/youtube series, and other one man shows) gets really cringeworthy because its not a discussion at all. Its an echo chamber where one person spouts their views. It can be good when its someone offering a very unique view that seldom receives attention, but when its the same shit over and over again it gets old and tired very fast.
>>
>>72265032
>wow wtf I didn't get a free white woman for merely existing!! racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>doesn't realize Obama was endorsed by an ex-KKK member senator
>actually calling him a "Russian piece of shit" when you'd go on a complete chimp out and market it as further evidence of your delusions if someone returned the favor and called you an uppity fucking nigger
I hope you're in it for the (you)'s my dude.
>>
>>72265032
Just because something bad happens to a black person it's not because they're black and you're being racist for assuming that.

>Do you not hear the stories about unarmed innocent black men being shot on the news?
Yes, more black people are on the receiving end of gun violence. Because they live in disproportionately poor neighbourhoods and they embody stereotypes associated with crime and violence.

A disproportionate amount of men get profiled by police too, it's not because they're men.

>The one black President who is considered one of the greatest of all time being called illegitimate because he's black?
Nobody hates Obama because he's black, you fucking canoe. But you know that.

>Succeeded by a KKK-endorsed mentally retarded tv star who got elected because he said openly racist shit?
Yeah that's why Donald Trump got elected

>White women refusing to date black men even to this day?
That's biology. You aren't sexist against women because you're gay

>Us being called thugs and lowlifes for expressing ourselves through music and trying to get ahead?
People prejudge anyone and everyone and especially people that embody obnoxious stereotypes. People don't make fun of juggalos because "they just hate white people"

>You don't know shit. Sit the fuck down you Russian piece of shit thinking you can talk about me and my struggles.
No. I can and will explain to you why you're a pretentious retard just like I would if you weren't black. Because I'm not racist.
>>
>>72265032
Races aren't equall.
Race mixing is disgusting.
Do you not hear the stories of blacks playing knockout games? Or how blacks do 50% of crimes in America while making 13% of population?
>>
>>72265108
>Your girl's father was a racist. OK. That doesn't mean every girl's father is like that.
He still found it acceptable enough to convey. Don't get me wrong there are always exceptions to this, but a huge portion of the country still sees nothing wrong with this, believes it is a good thing, or at least refuses to denounce his right to the decision.

>Obama wasn't disliked because he was black.
By the end of his term, you're very right. But people were all over him for racist and xenophobic reasons well before he took office.

>They had the same opportunities I had.
Opportunity is a half-truth. Outliers exist, but if you have a fucked up home life or even just feel moderately uncomfortable in school due to the perception of your skin color. you're less likely to take up those opportunities and more likely to become disenfranchised. I mean hell, have you seen how many seemingly well-off white kids end up burning out anyway just because they felt like they didn't fit in? It doesn't take much and being black in America is more than enough.
>>
>>72265163
No it's white woman refuse to date black men because of racist beliefs. Solely on the color of skin. In 2017.

You expect me to take that shit seriously? The KKK endorsed Obama to tank his chances. They endorsed Trump because they geniunely agreed with him.

Russians are white and treated 100% equally. They hacked our election and are an enemy of our state. They don't deserve any respect.

>>72265219
Why do police target black neighborhoods and not trailer parks then?

Birthers? The entire Tea Party/GOP? Why else would they hate him so much? They stopped everything he was trying to do and called him names like Hussein and Monkey.

Why did Trump get elected then if not for his fuck mexicans and Blacks platform?

There is NOTHING biological about human race. It's a social construct. It's based on bigoted societal attidudes and misconception of black men.

Not racist? Sounds pretty racist and wilfully ignorant to me.
>>
File: 1491287038759.jpg (82KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491287038759.jpg
82KB, 650x650px
>>72265284
>willfully ignorant

congratulations, you've discovered the secret behind alt-right ideology!
>>
>>72265284
>They hacked our election and are an enemy of our state.
So it's just for (you)'s, enjoy your last one.
>>
>>72265331
Keep swallowing Daddy Trump's lies.

It's really fucking clear they pulled some strings. Too many shady connections. Again, willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance. Sounds like the alt right in a nutshell.
>>
>>72265219
holy fuck are you misinformed. white dude here. i'm ashamed to be lumped in with people like you. you just admitted your racism about three times over.
>>
>>72264507
>I know it's hard to make an eloquent and smart anti trump song like YG did
Oh God, don't remind me.
>>
File: 1490922584200.jpg (68KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
1490922584200.jpg
68KB, 800x526px
>>72265284
>>72265313
Fun fact: Linnaeus' theory of the different human races was constructed under the completely arbitrary premise that Europeans were had genetically perfect proportions also included a species of human beings he claimed the have seen that had one leg they hopped around on with a giant foot they would sleep under.
>>
the heads of the pro-trump guys on the board pop out of each other's asses for a few minutes to slander blacks
>>
>>72265241
>but a huge portion of the country still sees nothing wrong with this, believes it is a good thing, or at least refuses to denounce his right to the decision.
That's completely divorced from reality and you know it is.

Anything resembling racism against a black person is vilified and profusely apologised for. Telling your daughter she isn't allowed to date a black man is comically offensive to the US of A.

>By the end of his term, you're very right. But people were all over him for racist and xenophobic reasons well before he took office.
The mainstream media and pseud comic strip writers found minute instances of racist old grandmas saying dumb shit. People hating Obama because he was black was negligable.

>>72265284
>Why do police target black neighborhoods and not trailer parks then?
They do

>Why did Trump get elected then if not for his fuck mexicans and Blacks platform?
Because people got so sick of the left's cringeworthy attemps to bully people into having their opinion with sarcastic quips they heard on reddit they were willing to elect a circus clown

The pendulum swung back

>Not racist? Sounds pretty racist and wilfully ignorant to me.
I don't care. Nobody cares anymore. And for good reason.
>>
>>72265398
oh boy..all you need to know about this sack of shit in his last response.
>>
>>72265284
>Russia pulls some shit (or no) so all Russians are faggots
DAYM son kys
>>
>>72264281
You spoke way too soon.
>>
>>72265398
>Anything resembling racism against a black person is vilified and profusely apologised for.
In the mainstream media, yes. But the mainstream media doesn't exactly reflect the smaller communities where shit like that happens most and is most forgiven.

>People hating Obama because he was black was negligable.
willful ignorance much? show me a white politician who had a shitstorm over his nationality go down on the same magnitude.
>>
>>72264019
because you're probably white and don't understand the turmoil of what it means to be a minority in america
>>
>>72265398
>>72265519
also, care to respond to my last/best point? :)
>>
>>72265220
OK bud
>>
>>72265520
It makes you wonder why they keep coming here from their own countries
>>
>>72265519
>In the mainstream media, yes.
No, everywhere.

You mean the south? Yes, it's more common there but it's still monumentally uncommon.

If the discrimination you face as a black person in rural America really is a pressing issue then virtually everything else is to enormously bigger magnitudes.

>willful ignorance much? show me a white politician who had a shitstorm over his nationality go down on the same magnitude.
It wasn't a shitstorm, nobody gave a fuck except for the inevitable margin of stupid crazy people.

You want an example of a politician being prejudged because of their physical appearance? Justin Trudeau, a man who approximately 3% of people voted for because they believed he was a capable politician and everyone else voted for because he had nice hair
>>
>>72265284
>No it's white woman refuse to date black men because of racist beliefs. Solely on the color of skin. In 2017.

You can refuse to date someone based on the color of skin. That's a sexual preference and it's an entirely different arena from treating a person with respect irregardless of skin color.
>>
>>72265712
*regardless
no idea why the fuck I put the ir- prefix.
>>
>>72265712
Part of me wants to argue with that but yeah it really is. If you're going to complain about not wanting to date a black guy then complain about not wanting to date short men or people with curly hair.

It just goes back to the point that actual racism in the face of every other kind of prejudice you could face is virtually nonexistent.
>>
>>72265141
>i'm a retard who doesn't understand sarcasm
>>
>>72264091
>>72264235
>>72264147
>>72264257
Look just because you're some sheltered millennial nu-male doesn't mean there aren't real issues with race relations in the world. My mother's side of the family grew up in an 85% black community (we're white) and I've seen what shitty communities are like. Just because you sit on 4chan and pretend like black people are just making up all their problems, and then try to justify it by pointing out something completely anecdotal, doesn't mean you really know anything about the world.
>>
>>72265956
You lived around nigs and adopted their victim dindu mentality nothing new here.
>>
>>72265706
>those problems are small who cares blah blah blah
except they're really not and they're a result of things of greater magnitude than those that other countries have issued actual reparations for (e.g. Nuremberg trials, Truth and Reconciliation) instead of gradually granting civil rights and an incredibly shitty affirmative-action program that has become a strawman for any efforts to help the black community.

also giant L for never responding to what I said about opportunity being a half-truth.
>>
>>72264019
>>72264091
>>72264211
>never spoken to a black person
>>
>>72264651
Chinks and kikes suffered way more objectively and statistically than blacks but keep crying
>>
>>72266126

is calling someone a chink or kike not racist?

and then you get mad when I say I want to kill you.
>>
>>72265032
Nigger
>>
>>72264206
fuck white ppl fo real ma niqqa
>>
>>72265956
>has probably watched the effects of poverty change people entirely in ways that no one in their right mind could mistake for individual choice
>>72265980
>You lived around nigs and adopted their victim dindu mentality nothing new here.
>saying something this menially informed at any point in your life

i don't even have words for how hard people try to pretend they know jack shit on the internet.

it's easy to believe in all that "anyone not succeeding as at fault" bullshit when you have to put in a laughably small amount of effort to succeed compared to people in worse circumstances.

I mean for fucks sakes, there's just no truth whatsoever in assuming the world is so straightforward that no outside factor could make someone stop giving a shit about spending their time going to class and doing homework and that they must be making up problems if they don't succeed.

it's just uninformed drivel backed by a painfully poor understanding of how different variables effect the outcome of people's lives both individually and collectively.
>>
>>72265284
I sincerely hope you sort yourself out friend.
>>
>>72265284
You're a retard it's not a social construct black babies and white babies are proven to be racist according to several studies from all around the world fuck your own race for once stop tryna race mix you obviously like white girls more than your own kind that in itself is racist
>>
>>72265379
Stfu Faggot you're probably a mutt spic
>>
>>72265980
Wow, something racist and not even remotely thoughtful or constructive? Who'd have thought. Back to /pol/ with you
>>
File: 1490505632999.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490505632999.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>72266369
>race
>the babies' skin color

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

there is more genetic variation within "races" than between them. as cliché as it is, we're literally more alike than we are different.

race isn't a biological category, it's a cultural category based on physical characteristics.

i mean hell, the list of "races" we use is completely arbitrary and has changed before (e.g. Middle-Eastern not even having been used by the gov't pre-9/11)
>>
>>72266086
>is a privileged black college kid
I grew up in the city. I've probably met more black people than you, Jadyn.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 650x823px
>>72266149
Doesent matter what your ad hominem instincts say Asians suffered more hell even Russians suffer to this day in Russia this is a fact and there's nothing you can do to change that you haven't suffered as much as them.since you want to turn suffering into a competition when really blacks come in last place for that one tbqh no matter what your overpriced college courses say.
>>
>>72265284
>How dare Trump say he won't accept the results of the election!
>Russians hacked the election!
Boy sitcho ahh down
>>
>>72265032
>one black president who is considered the greatest of all time
Have another (You) for this top tier bait
>>
all of the argument's hinge upon the misunderstanding of the definition of racism and you're all ridiculous
that being said, yeah all political music is cringy and bad
same could be said about """politics""" itself
>>
>>72266504
you staring at them out of your window doesn't count, Tanner
>>
>>72266466
Middle Easterners are currently counted as white in the US census. But that's changing for the next one.
>>
>>72266602
So are spics which is hilarious because they have like less than 2% European blood
>>
>>72266504
>met more black people
bullshit self-deception.

having met a lot of black people does not equal knowing shit about their life experiences

and going into it with prejudices only increases the chance that you'll just look for ways to have said prejudices validated instead of looking honestly at how their experiences made them the way they are desu

tl;dr there's a good chance that your false assumptions that you "know" black people have made you more deeply ignorant than someone who has never even met a black person.
>>
>>72266587
>all of the argument's hinge upon the misunderstanding of the definition of racism and you're all ridiculous
/thread
>>
Reddit and niggers made this place worse than Twitter lmaooo
>>
>>72265520
Well, there are probably countries where you wont be discriminated against.
Piss off.
>>
>>72266685
>>72266560
This
>>
>>72266589
"Grew up in the city" would imply that I went to school with and grew up alongside them. You're probably a millennial who looks like Jadyn Smith or Steph Curry, so why am I even arguing with you?
>>
>>72266635
Stfu with your five percenter bullshit and go back to your street corner to shout at the white devil.
>>
>>72266685
They don't call it /nu/ for nothing
>>
>>72264019
Blacks are inherently incapable of creating a prosperous and moral society
>inb4 "colonialism wah I'm repeating what my neo progressive proffesser says"
Get over it whiny bitches
>>
File: tumblr_o9idkiWC3J1qi7ujso9_500.jpg (52KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9idkiWC3J1qi7ujso9_500.jpg
52KB, 480x480px
>>72266711
>you can't address the racial issues that effect you because others have it worse nonsense
>>
Because it's not the 90s anymore.

God I miss "Fight The Power".
>>
File: 1491596501247.jpg (187KB, 750x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1491596501247.jpg
187KB, 750x1090px
>>72266792
>i have no worthwhile response, but it was never about having one to begin with. it's about how my alt-right views and disdain for the sheeple make me unique and provocative.
>>
>>72266882
>thinking this is a valid argument
It's not Japan got nuked and got rebuilt by itself for 40 years unless you're implying blacks are inferior genetically which I know is a big no no for you nu fails
>>
>>72266962
holy shit. you're retarded if you think this is even a remotely good analogy.

the Japanese were able to use every resource they had at their disposal to rebuild an established nation.

Black people were cut loose into a nation where they had no civil rights and were frequently killed for sport.

it seems like you autists mainly just hate academia because it's full of people who can consistently see through this kind of asinine false equivalency.

i'm guessing a lot of you took to the internet when your opinions starting get laughed at sometime around 8th grade
>>
>>72267110

Let's not pretend Japan is a total utopia.

They practice "Organized Bullying", then blame the victims for standing out.

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21720643-evacuees-fukushima-are-latest-suffer-torment-class-why-bullying-japanese-schools
>>
Is there still rap about gang wars and everyone killing each other? Those were fun.
>>
File: 1490372263841.jpg (163KB, 780x718px) Image search: [Google]
1490372263841.jpg
163KB, 780x718px
>>72267165
>pretending this is even close to enough to back up your original argument.

L
>>
was that irony intentional?

you establish what you think makes a sound argument, and then dis-abide it entirely???
>>
Wonder how many of these college professors who preach white privilege would give up their cushy college job to work in a mostly black school in some ghetto and try and make it better.
>>
>>72264385
My anon. People here are just so fucking racist and removed from emotion that any time someone who bares their soul on record it's bad. Doesn't help that Joey is black.
>>
>>72267110
>being this mad because Japan was subjected to internment camps genocide oppression and pure hate from american and Japan's government and literally getting nuked
Just face it blacks have no right to complain now get back to work kiddo.
>>
Holy fuck black people are whiny. You never had it the worst in this country, stop crying about dumb shit from the past and move on holy fuck little pussy ass babies you aren't special
>>
File: IMG_7476.gif (993KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7476.gif
993KB, 400x266px
>>72264672
>>72264855
>Bay Area
>Mac Dre
MY NIGGAS. I grew up listening to hyphy music, in a way I'm glad that it hasn't truly caught on in the mainstream, I'd hate to have seen what would've happened to it. I remember when Mac Dre died, they'd play his songs all the time on the radio on my school bus, this really takes me back
>>
>jfkdlsa;jfd;lsa
>>
>>72264320
Do you seriously think these are poor criteria?
>>
>>72267228
That was a nu make agreeing with you retard I know what color your skin is lmao.
>>
>>72266404
why bother trying? these people are human punching bags
>>
File: Faces_7761b4_5834157.jpg (55KB, 647x587px) Image search: [Google]
Faces_7761b4_5834157.jpg
55KB, 647x587px
>>72267165
this is half of why every argument like this is really fucking stupid.

it's either;

a. something like this where the person just throws out another problem in the world and pretends it's somehow as bad and somehow even remotely relevant to race relations in the U.S.

or

b. someone throws out a historical event that while oftentimes worse in magnitude, happened fucking forever ago and has nothing to do with the United States. Ironically enough, a lot of these actually include precedents for how our government could've better handled reparations, but alt-right kiddies always fail to see this because they're either just parroting something they read or they're too autistic to have the basic theory of mind needed to see the nuances in historical events and what makes them different from each other.

either way it's just a bunch of dunces throwing out juvenile relevance fallacies to dismiss issues that they don't like hearing about enough to have developed contrarian tendencies towards.

it's why they sincerely think milo "wins" his debates and why they think they "win" every argument they have on the internet; they have no real interest in politics outside of feelings of contrarianism toward their peers, but since they have so much contempt for said peers it leads them to think they're some kind of radicals.

in reality even hippies with their "lol dude acid free love" bullshit have contributed more new ideas to political discourse than "b-b-but awe you suwe it's not too wate to kick them all out. f-f-f-fouwteen-eighty-eight"
>>
>>72267533
didn't mean to tag that post, that was referring to the whole thread
>>
So sensitive. I thought the album was good. Ring the alarm and the schoolboy track had sick beats
>>
>>72267272
how the fuck does any of this make sense?

If the professors want change, they should go to the white kids school and teach them white privilege.

also why does the professor need to go the "ghetto" black school if his job is to educate people (mainly white) on privilege.

I never understood this stupid argument where "if want to help people, who gotta give up literally everything you own"
>>
>>72265593
Banana republics.
>>
Try being black in any non western first world country and tell me how rosy it is

Y'all have it pretty fucking good compared to most of the world
>>
>>72264019
>tfw when fucking EMINEM makes better political rap than most
That's when you know there's a problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb12HDILGb8
>>
>>72267692
its a fine album, its a bunch of /pol/lings here just got triggered. the YET another artist don't like their brand of politics
>>
>>72265398
>Because people got so sick of the left's cringeworthy attemps to bully people into having their opinion with sarcastic quips they heard on reddit they were willing to elect a circus clown
>"i can't control my emotions and i have to support a billionaire establishment republican because someone said mean things to me on the internet"
>>
>>72267314
>internment camps genocide oppression and pure hate from american and Japan's government and literally getting nuked
still nothing that touches my original argument. internment camps affected Japanese-Americans, not Japanese people. you've completely failed to provide any example comparable to segregation, actively violent hate groups, the government manufacturing the criminality of drug use, etc.

>Just face it
take your own advice and just face the fact that you pulled out an incredibly flawed and barely applicable analogy and are now continuing to try to back it up by repeating logical fallacies you either can't seem to identify or just have contempt for formal logic.
>>
>>72267740
This
You pussies don't know anything about hardship
Go cry about your problems to some Africans. Real Africans. See what they think.
>>
>>72267707
Ok now a bunch of white kids know they're scum now what. Bend over backwards for every minority that comes in their path?
>>
File: ALBUM COVER.png (617KB, 707x707px) Image search: [Google]
ALBUM COVER.png
617KB, 707x707px
>ctrl + f: Quilomboarte
>0 of 0
Yall cowards dont even listen to political hip hop.
>>
>>72267794
We must pay reparations to Jamal and Demajerious by giving them our daughters and spreading our assholes wide

Professor Horowitz at NYU told me that. He's like so smart.
>>
>>72267351
>You never had it the worst in this country
Not a valid argument.
>>
>>72267788
We may not be starving and have malaria outbreaks but things definitely aint good for black americans
>>
>>72267794
this is the exact kind of question it takes an actual education about these things to answer and not a couple posts on a fucking 4chan thread.

but i'm guessing you don't ACTUALLY want to know what white people can do about racial inequality and you just want to hear some anon's regurgitation of so you can promptly dismiss it.

am i wrong?
>>
>>72267880
Let me guess: we have to bend over backwards and pay reparations to every black person in the country? We have to give them an unfair advantage in hiring and school admissions? We have to let crime like drug possession and gang violence slide because it targets the black community? Mix our children and open our borders to remove racial barriers? If this is what you're going to say I am 100% opposed
>>
File: inflammable means flammable.gif (64KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
inflammable means flammable.gif
64KB, 500x446px
>>72265032
>You don't know shit. Sit the fuck down you Russian piece of shit thinking you can talk about me and my struggles.
>>
>>72267880
Enlighten me Mr.Education please. Put that lib arts degree to use and school my white ass. Hell maybe you can put your reply in the next job you apply for to be an HR manager and nail that job.
>>
>>72267854
I'm not arguing that you didn't experience hardships, I'm just saying don't be a little bitch about it. What's done is done you're only fucking yourself over
>>
>>72267787
So when the japenese are discriminated against with segregation and internment camps with hundreds of racially insensitive movies on them it doesn't count at all are you truly this retarded?take my advice and face the facts that your arguments don't negate anything I've said even Hispanics suffered more but keep crying kiddo.
>>
>>72264441
6/10 bait honestly do u guys think an actual black person would say this ever
>>
>>72267923
The idea of paying reparations is usually brought up as a reference to the post-civil war promises to give every freed slave 40 acres of land, not an actual suggestion.

I agree that giving anyone an advantage in school admissions and hiring because of their skin is stupid.

The war on drugs and such were created with the intent to target black communities in particular, so maybe we should reexamine those laws. Nobody is suggesting we let gang violence slide.

>mix our children
That's some racist-ass dogwhistle shit. Anybody with a cursory understanding of biology and any amount of empathy for the common man understands that voluntary interracial marriage at al. is fine.
>>
>criticize trump
>get called libtard jew nigger cuck fag

>criticize hillary
>racist homophobic misogynist

both parties are too extreme to be any good for the people. you basically choose which side you want to get richer for the next four years and what laws to undo

yeah it's shit rap but before you start calling people niggers because you're too much of an emotional child think about all the rappers making interesting music. threads like these help no one. politics are plaguing this shit board
>>
>>72268009
>What's done is done you're only fucking yourself over
I'm actually an African dude living in NC, but that's not terrible advice. Guess some niggas aren't tired of playing victim yet.
>>
>>72267923
>we have to bend over backwards and pay reparations to every black person in the country? We have to give them an unfair advantage in hiring and school admissions?
>rattling off past strategies for reintegration which mainly failed as a result of their insignificance and attempts to induce assimilation by dissolving only the most superficial barriers in race relations (wealth, access to education, etc)
nice strawman

>Mix our children and open our borders to remove racial barriers
>implying you'll be mixing with literally anyone if you're this autistic.

>crime like drug possession
>crime
top kek. bonus L if you claim to be in favor of personal freedom.
>>
>>72268160
>top kek. bonus L if you claim to be in favor of personal freedom.

What ddi he mean by this??
>>
File: malcolmtucker.jpg (42KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
malcolmtucker.jpg
42KB, 300x251px
>>72268074
>I'm superior because I float above the rest of you
>>
>>72268009
>said the white boy who doesn't suffer hardships because of what they are

>mixing races is a real issue guys

who said let drug possession and gang violence slide, considering all races participate in it
>>
>>72268204
i'm pretty sure the US has the exact same problems since the late 70s besides aids because of the awful political climate
>>
>>72268217
>>72267923
>>
>>72268151
No problem at all hope it helps you and others out
>>
>>72268160
saying drug possession is somehow criminal and not well within the realm of personal choice/freedom is a complete farce and only delegitimizes the idea that the law actually has anything to do with protecting people rather than enforcing the government's power over your lifestyle.
>>
>>72268160
If people were any fucking good at personal accountability drugs wouldn't be a problem but low and behold they're not.
>>
>>72264091
You can feel the asshurt in this post
>>
>>72268300
they aren't because personal accountability is a half truth invented by people who want to pretend they somehow earned their place in life instead of understanding they didn't encounter enough hardship to send them off the rails.
>>
I genuinely thought that blame whitey was an ironic meme here. I couldn't have gotten this place more wrong.

/mu/ really is high school tier
>>
>>72268339
okay, so some people need help. what kind of help do you need?
>>
>>72268339
Retard.
>>
>>72264487
>Life is politics
Damn. either you're a 12 or a retard
>>
>>72268375
helping people on an individual basis isn't the answer because human beings don't actually function like that. large scale change is what needs to happen, and teaching white kids en masse not to be a cunt to someone just because you think they talk funny isn't a bad place to start as far as preventing disenfranchisement goes.
>inb4 autist pretending that's my end all be all and not what i'm saying is "a good start"
>>
>>72264487
i just bought new toothpaste and a copy of mega man x. is that also politics mr trip?
>>
>>72267533
good post
>>
>>72268343
Lol like I said earlier in this thread /mu/ is worse than Twitter because you can write paragraphs on pure nonsense whitey isn't keeping the blacks down blacks are keeping blacks down with their self defeatist attitude destroying their own culture plus the whole light skin vs darker skin mentality
>>
>>72264019
like, in general?

probably cause you don't agree with it or something
>>
>>72268477
this.

just expecting black people to fix race relations isn't going to do shit. white people are the ones with the power to decide what is and isn't "acceptable" and force people to choose to adopt their mannerisms and sensibilities and until they own that and open up to people who don't like to wear ugly Christmas sweaters to office parties and only say cuss words on the weekends nothing is ever gonna change and they'll just keep refusing to let people in while pretending they don't have the power to do so.
>>
>>72268477
>Isnt a bad place to start
Teaching anyone of any skin color that they are better than or inferior than any other race is a bad place to start. Teaching innocent children to treat people a certain way because of their skin color is a bad place to start.
This applies to the indirect effects that black people are experiencing right now as well, they shouldn't exist.
The only way to truly fix it is to teach children from birth that they are all equal and not let them get influenced by the current racism that already exists in the world. Hard to do but it really is the only way to actually fix the problem
>>
>>72268477
>teaching white kids en masse not to be a cunt to someone just because you think they talk funny isn't a bad place to start as far as preventing disenfranchisement goes.

most kids are dicks with those from outside their tribe. I would say that tolerance is something perpetuated in an educated family, so you'd have more of a chance of finding an accepting white/black kid from an educated senpai than an accepting black kid from the ghetto. Anyways mate, what are you saying? How can we help black people? Tell me.
>>
>>72264019
Ever consider why you cringe? Maybe because you are insecure
>>
>>72268575
>people believe this
I bet you prefer white girls
I also bet that you think Obama didn't do worse for your community when he put you in a constant hate the police and self victimhood mentality.
>>
>>72268575
right, so you're saying ghetto=black. jesus christ, how have you fallen so much.
>>
The best music is personal

Unless you've lived through war, been a victim of abuse, or are homeless, it's unlikely that political music will be personal.
>>
I love being white
>>
>>72268575
why do you equate black people with those who swear on weekends, don't like xmas sweaters and make a distinction between black&white mannerisms. Unlike you I don't have a prescriptive definition for black people. It's a spectrum that includes the people you've described as well. And no, those people will not be tolerated by me, regardless of color/race. Except for the xmas sweater part. If it's just that, they're welcome.
>>
>>72268762
i love being black
>>
>>72268543
This only logical person here. Everyone else here is fucking insane holy shit.
>>
>>72268575
you're the type of person to unironically accuse a black person for acting white. you are the problem sir.
>>
>>72268720
But surely if you come from the ghetto, you'd have lived a shit life so politics could be personal to you?
>>
>>72268575
I'm willing to bet you think an """"Uncle Tom"""" exists
>>
This thread right here is why I'm glad people on here have no influence on the world
>>
>>72268575
>Walk into store
>Some black employee says ay whatup cracka
>Oh that's just how he speaks that's fine
>>
>>72268762
Nice!
>>72268784
Nice!
>>
>>72265956
My cousins black nigger and I've seen her life struggles all of which can be accrued to her shitty upbringing and not her race, now fuck off with your victim complex.
>>
>>72268623
>Unironically believing this is what people are taught in college and not what a bunch of girls on tumblr who diagnosed themselves with borderline personality disorder are saying.
>>
>>72264019
Race baiting """""artists""""" should be shot and/or skinned alive with a meat cleaver then lobbed of skyscrapers
>>
>>72268575
>>72269013
you two are the epitome of what's wrong with race relations.

first poster throws prescriptive behaviours onto black people as if they don't cover a large spectrum of behaviour patterns. as if being ghetto is the only behaviour that qualifies you as black. and then infers that not being tolerant of ghetto behaviour is the same as being racist. please stop perpetuating the idea that ghetto is the same thing as black. ghetto is vile no matter the colour it's wearing. so let's do something about it.

second poster fails to understand the same spectrum of behaviour, as if a white person behind the till can't utter 'look at that nigger'.

you identity politics people make me sick
>>
>>72269114
Yeah "art" has no place in pandering to a leftist or rightist ideology although the ones that do construe with right wing ideology makes better art coincidentally
>>
>>72265032
her father did the right thing and you should be ashamed
>>
>>72268687
ghetto is an extremely misleading term though, since it bundles black cultural norms (slang and dialect, hairstyle preferences, etc.) with criminal behavior.

it's the whole "ghetto" distinction that's fucking everything up in terms of white people's acceptance of black people on a cultural/social level.
>>
>>72269175
>the ones that do construe with right wing ideology makes better art coincidentally
1/10 bait that one is long settled
>>
>>72269275
sure, equating a hairstyle, slang or dialect with ghetto is problematic. Criminal behaviour aside, it has to do with an aversion towards education, anti-intellectualism, materialism, etc. But I do agree that there is a false equivalence between behaviour patterns and aesthetic proclivities.

I was merely accusing that poster for prescribing a fixed behavioural system to all black people. It's why some black people get accused of acting white, or not black enough. It's just bad thinking.
>>
>>72269301
>what is the sex pistols The animals jimi Hendrix The Beatles
Let me guess overrated lol fuck off LL
>>
/pol/ here.

raid ended 3 hours ago btfo newfags
>>
Right wing wins again now go to your pacifist protests you slobbering pussies
>>
>>72265032
>>72265126
>ITT Black guy gets BTFO by a bunch of anons
I'm a black guy, and even i think this "black victimhood" rant is cringeworthy.
>>
>>72269451
Good shit nigger look at Dave Chappelle he even said at his old school "to stop blaming white people for your problems" and look at him he's literally richer then a lot of politicians while doing what he loves.
>>
>>72269445
nothing to do with left or right
identity politics are just toxic bullshit. There's nothing wrong in taking pride in who you are, but when you politicize it is when problems arise. Everyone's the same
>>
>>72269569
>t. sheltered white guy
>>
>>72264257
>The answer is somewhere in the middle!
>>
>>72269569
Exactly but hard leftist identitarian ideology is legitimately cancer
>>
>>72269602
That's true it needs to die

music
>>
>>72269596
You didn't read the entire post, did you?
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 338x73px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 338x73px
>>72269410
I don't blame you.
>>
>>72269602
Yup I also love how Asians are never included with the race relations when they've obviously suffered more then any other race in Asia and yet they are statistically more privileged according to iq scores,corporation ownership,etc
>>
File: 1477692001416.jpg (30KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1477692001416.jpg
30KB, 600x465px
>>72264019
>AmeriKKKa

God I hate most of modern culture
>>
>>72269768
>modern
>>
>>72269768
Going into Vietnam was absolutely justified also and all the hippies who spit on the soldiers are irredeemable pieces of shit
>>
>>72269801
Well, the term's been re-popularized. Plus, I would define that "modern culture" as "Basically we started fucking up in the 30s and it went downhill from there." Or something.
>>
>>72269722
>iq scores
>wanting to be taken seriously and seen as informed
It's no wonder you have to come here to even talk about these things.
>>
>>72269801
So uncreative holy shit ice cube literally sold his soul though so he's the one who's fucked
>>
>>72269838
You didn't read everything I said read it again dipshit
>>
>>72269801
Anyone else here think he was holding a gun for the longest time?
>>
File: 1458287563015.jpg (108KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1458287563015.jpg
108KB, 600x534px
>>72269833
I don't disagree but I fail to see how that's relevant
>>
itt: bad trolls and redditfags taking their bait anyway
>>
>>72269876
Holy shit, yes
>>
>>72269838
t.65 iq
>>
>>72269974
I thought it was a censorship thing too, but yeah, apparently not.
>>
>>72269869
I did, none of it was even remotely new to the dialogue about race relations.

just the sort of thing people who are completely out of the loop spout off in the internet thinking they've had some kind of groundbreaking revelation.

Asian cultures generally place an extremely strong emphasis on those things, even moreso than the average working class white family. They also have similarly conservative social values, which make them more compatible with the general white populace.

They do still suffer from cultural racism, but there is little to no institutionalized racism against them.

It's really just a matter of ease of assimilation and the lack of any kind of history as deep as slavery.
>>
>>72270115
Ah so you're a lefty kook.Shouldve just outright said it in the beginning kid
>>
>>72270115
Name an instance of institutional racism
>>
>>72270115
t.17 yr old.
>>
>>72269102
>using literally one person's story as evidence to deny an entire system of oppression
okay
>>
>>72264019
do you mean political rap you disagree with?

you would be calling joey BASED AS FUCK and circlejerking him if there was some pro trump shit on here, luckily joey isn't a complete fucking idiot
>>
>>72270231
the war on drugs
>inb4 i don't understand what institutionalized racism is and just because someone started it as an excuse to arrest black people and that's still its main function doesn't mean it's racist trust me dude i don't hate anyone's skin color just speaking facts
>>
>tfw you enjoy the album because you can look past political bias and enjoy good hip hop as it should be
>>
>>72270405
also
>inb4 but they choose to do drugs so its not racist
>>
>>72270300
>Using a story to deny an entire system of oppression
>Using a story as evidence of an entire system of oppression
Looks the same to me anon, unless you actually have some real evidence to prove your oppression system exists
>>
>>72270466
>Help, help! The man is literally forcing cocaine up my nose, I can't stop him!
>He's literally at gunpoint making me make and sell crack! I am literally doing it because the government tells me I have to, and it's because I'm black!

Fuck off already
>>
>>72270442
I like Joey and the album had good parts, just kinda sick of hearing people bitching about politics. Gets old fast.
>>
>>72270442
>Hiphop
>Good
Choose one
>>
>>72270405
Are you not aware that the war on drugs targeted white communities also particularly in Kansas Kentucky and Washington do you wish to ignore these facts to retain the notion that white privlage exists or are you actually going to start thinking objectivly about certain issues. I bet whoever taught you about institutional racism was white stay in school and read books don't listen to your teachers.
>>
>>72270504
>In thread about hip hop
> Doesn't like hip hop

Almost like you're wanting replies
>>
>>72270518
Damn
>>
>>72270486
see the problem is that the fact that this sounds stupid to you is actually just an enormous blindside on your part.

people who are inclined to do do drugs turn to drugs regardless of their legality, it's just criminalizing a symptom of people being discontent with their life.

you all just kind of insist on this idea that everyone is going to choose the establishment regardless of whatever circumstances in their life make that seem utterly pointless.

this is why the alt-right is literally an autistic movement; no theory of mind whatsoever.
>>
Because rappers don't know shit about politics
>>
>>72270486
This.people who can't take responsibility for anything don't deserve to be taken seriously in any form
>>
>>72270518
>a couple instances
>hur dur whitey suffers too
god you're pathetic.
>>
>>72270683
not an arguement
>>
>>72270655
>blacks people don't know shit about politics
Except Tommy sottamayor has some grasp on it
>>
>>72270627
>this is why the alt-right is literally an autistic movement; no theory of mind whatsoever.
glad others are making this connection
also, shoutout to OP for this containment thread
>>
>>72270697
neither is just pointing out what a tiny portion of the war on drugs has consisted of when the whole purpose of it was locking up blacks and hippies.
>>
>>72270655
I think Obama proved that to be true.
>>
>>72270683
>a couple instances
Your dismissive attitude on the topic just shows how dumb you really are looks like I win again and btw doing a Google search on the topic shows otherwise to a """"couple instances""""
>>
>>72270518
Yup Nixon was one of the first on the drug war there would be raids on white hippies in San Francisco where hundreds would be put to 20+ years for less than an eighth of pot the drug war effected all races on the stupidity of it no doubt but leftists dogma tends to only say the blacks are only ones targeted which is simply untrue.
>>
>>72270751
>taking it that literally
you really must be autistic.

im saying it proportionally to blacks being targeted, and that's just fucking common knowledge at this point.

your arguments are really shitty because they're just constructed through contrarianism and conflating false double standards from "this happens to white people sometimes too!!"
>>
At least he succeeded to make us politically conscious and wonder about the society
>>
>>72270818
because hippies fizzled out and became a fringe culture and predominately black neighborhoods are still disproportionately targeted for things white people do at similar rates.
>>
>>72270820
Not true you auty heroin distributors and weed sellers and even smokers in the 70s were mostly white and disproportionately were sent to prison plus most overdoses were whites but then again it's not like you care about facts anyway kiddo.
>>
File: 1445479923947.gif (954KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445479923947.gif
954KB, 250x250px
>>72270627
No, I agree with you that people go to them anyways. I think it should all be legal. I'm saying there's a choice. The circumstances of my life have made things awful at times, it didn't make me an addict selling drugs.

I have plenty of theory of mind, wouldn't call myself Alt-Right either. My qualm was with equating this to race relations, and you effectively saying that blacks are so dumb and in such a shit situation that they literally cannot help but do and sell drugs and that personal responsibility has nothing to do with anything.

I could go on and elucidate, but it's stupid. This is all fucking stupid, both sides. And it would behoove you in the future not to just assume the ideology, allegiance, or intelligence of everyone who doesn't agree with you like every fucking idiot these days. I mean, I know I gave you such eloquent words to think on, but still.

>tl;dr: Fuck off some more
>>
File: 1441072226751.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1441072226751.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
>>72270724
And with how much they fucking whine they make me wish it was even more effective
>>
>>72270862
Yeah they got regulated by the police and learned there lesson can't be said for everyone and Mexican Americans were targeted as well as whites in the early 90s were arrested for selling weed so again your argument falters heavily
>>
>>72270903
hahhahahhahaha what?

you're saying there was a point in history where there were far more white people being arrested for drug offenses vs. blacks to the point of it being disproportionate?

source or you're embarrassing yourself
>>
File: dr john misty.jpg (139KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dr john misty.jpg
139KB, 1000x1000px
>
>>
File: 1470152288027.jpg (31KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470152288027.jpg
31KB, 375x375px
>>72264211
nice bait
>>
>>72270969
Yes 1967 1972 1975-1980 1987-1992 I'm not going to babysit you I've educated you enough look up for yourself
>>
>>72264019
FUKKKEN YPIPO CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE REAL SHIT
>>
>>72270518
They was black on the inside cracka
>>
>>72271062
Kill your parents.
>>
>>72270917
>effectively saying that blacks are so dumb and in such a shit situation that they literally cannot help but do and sell drugs and that personal responsibility has nothing to do with anything
not even close to anything i was saying

although i'd concede that i don't think human beings in general have the impeccable judgement needed to never end up getting into drugs.

i mainly just mean that as far as drugs go, shit happens.

and i mean to what extent did you have to actively resist drugs?

did you have easy access to drugs? were people around you doing them constantly? did you have family members or close friends you were fond (key word, since i think there can be a huge difference between that and people who had negative experiences with a drug user) of who did drugs?

having a shitty life doesn't lead straight to drugs, but if you're around drugs and have a shitty life it would be ridiculous to expect you not to do them.
>>
>>72265956
Ok and what does Trump have to do with that? Why do black rappers hate Trump but would have been happy with the wife of the guy who signed the Crime Bill?
>>
>>72269451
You should know better than to side against your own race. Even if you don't agree with the guy, keep that quiet.
>>
Everyone ITT needs to get laid
>>
>>72271041
i've educated myself.

you're wrong and definitely just don't know what any of these words mean.

they were targeted, yes, but not disproportionately to black people purely on the basis of race, so your entire argument is bullshit and does nothing to debunk anything i've said.
>>
>>72269876
>He's not holding a gun
What the fuck
>>
>>72271179
No it does whites were mostly the ones in prison if you're talking about "targeting" that literally destroys your argument and 75% of the whites in jail were drug related incidents who on avarage were given less parole opportunity.You can always read about this shit son
>>
>>72264371
DUDE WHITE SUPREMACY LMAO
AMERICA MORE LIKE AMERIKKKA AMIRITE?
>>
Have you notice how Kendrick doesnt use any single white actor/actress..
Really weird.
>>
File: 0kk1rewl9xxfxme8bkvhcc-768x768.jpg (39KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
0kk1rewl9xxfxme8bkvhcc-768x768.jpg
39KB, 768x768px
>>72264441
>niggas actually believe this
>>
More blacks do drugs so that means they were targeting blacks you racist fucks.
>>
Hip hop is an inherently unsophisticated musical form that lends itself well to parties. That's why am the best hip hop is just dudes having fun, when it's just a good beat and an MC who can flow well on it and let you have a good time it can be one of the best genres it there. When it gets political it often losses sight of that aspect
>>
>>72271041
>hurr durr anything affecting white people means it's not a black issue anymore
This is laughably bad reasoning.

You've given another example of institutionalized prejudice, just one that targeted a predominately white counterculture.

It's still just the government making up reasons to go after people they disagree with.

That's not a counterpoint to the war on drugs affecting black people in any way.
>>
>>72271270
"""DUDE BLACKS WERE TGE ORIGINAL INDIANS""""!!!!!!1111
>>
>>72271326
>"This country was built off the backs of Blacks"
>"This country was built off the backs of Mexicans"
>"This country was built off the backs of Indigenous Peoples"

Legitimately heard all these statements uttered by the same person within 10 minutes of each other. That person was my aunt unfortunately.
>>
>>72271326
There are actually dumb afrocentric fuckers who suprisingly believe that
>>
>>72271250
targeting *and continual effect on the population of an entire race of people

rather than a dude wanting a reason to arrest his political opponents
>>
>>72264019
Because you're racist
>>
>>72271325
Wtf are you even trying to pronounce im saying the drug war effected all races ecpecially whites and blacks
>>
>>72271354
Your aunt is literally retarded
>>72271371
Blacks were literally the original everything bro
Out of Africa
>>
>>72271326
>"""DUDE BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ISREALITES WE WUTZ EVERYTHING YEAH""
>>
>>72271354
>implying these statements can't all be true
can you just admit you have autism already? your and is using the same figure of speech to tie together similar events. I'm sorry people have to explain everything that is stated non-literally to you dude, it must really suck to be you.
>>
I honestly dont care.
Its popular music and since we live in a capitalist world full of edgy wanna be they gonna buy it to be popular for a while, them another edgy rebel bullshit like a idk Mexican race thing that gonna recreate this would scenario and make feel guilty to black people and whites... the list go on
>>
>>72265032
You ARE all thugs and lowlifes though, that's the thing.
>>
>>72271395
dear lord.

is the fact that black people have consistently been locked up at a higher rate just meaningless to you entirely?

because if so you're just in denial and i'm done with you.

have fun consistently getting mocked by your peers for being a raging autist while pretending you're actually better than them

spoiler: you're not and you only become more of a laughing stock with each subsequent generation.
>>
>>72271385
You keep complaining nothing's going to change
>>
>>72265284
>Russians are white and treated 100% equally
Wrong, Russians are the black people of white people
>>
>>72264096
Underrated post. This is the absolute truth.
>>
>>72265284
>>>/pol/
>>
>>72271510
Your a retard who doesn't understand dissertment I'm not in charge of caring about your race that's your fucking job if they want to keep propegating drug culture you're going to get the same results just because you're ill informed on almost every topic doesn't make them any less true.You got schooled and now you're furious
>>
>>72264292
>You guys love leftist rock music that has anti-Trump, anti-racist and anti-capitalist
I didn't know I was suddenly the biggest U2 fan around. Commie lyrics are trash no matter the genre.
>>
>>72271616
>unironically believing black people choose to propagate drug culture on an individual basis
holy shit you're deluded.
>>
>>72271510
Whites are the majority of the prisons for the war on drugs in the 90s and 70s the fact you can't grasp this shows your severe lack of intelligence
>>
>>72271686
People are judged by the majority socially and yes that's statistically true you ignorant fuck
>>
File: p61.jpg (106KB, 600x548px) Image search: [Google]
p61.jpg
106KB, 600x548px
>>72271692
>the 90s
uhhhhhhhhhhhh i got bad news for ya kiddo
>>
>>72271620
Bono is such a piece of shit.
>>
>>72271739
So you're suggesting that whites are the problem for that if you do that's retarded kid
>>
File: IMG_7460.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7460.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>This entire thread
>>
>>72271739
Look at the 60s and 70s son plus once you look blacks have more and previous convictions just go look at liveleak even if you don't like the cops it's best to do what they ask which blacks seem to hate to do you can see this in countless video evidences
>>
>>72271729
>statistically true
lmaooooooo

you're telling me you have statistics proving that most black people consciously choose to actively promote drug culture independently of its influence on them?

like you think they know its wrong intuitively and choose to deny this rather than having a different perspective on it altogether because of their circumstances, AND you can prove this entire psychological phenomena with statistics?

>inb4 not what i meant
it's what i meant and that's what you were responding to
>>
>>72271816
>trying to use blacks hating cops as evidence of anything other than cops accumulating their distrust.
how's your freshman year of high school going conor?
>>
>>72271768
>whites are the problem for that
>implying im directly blaming white people as a whole and not just the ones who enacted & still support the drug war
>not knowing what institutionalized means
>>
>>72271891
I graduated long ago how's your junior year going don't forget summer school okay
>>
>>72265956
so you can't tell a class issue from a race issue?
>>
File: image.png (137KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137KB, 750x1334px
>>72271856
>"" AYO IM SELLING CRACK FOW MY KIDS FUCK SCHOOL AY BUMP THAT NEW PLAYBOI CARTI NIGGA MAYNE FUCK YALL THS RACIST DOG GAMMIT""
>>
>>72272006
>acting like this can only be compartmentalized as being one or the other
ever heard of having a nuanced understanding of how multiple factors interact with each other?
>>
>>72271948
Ok you under aged fuck but I'm saying most people blame whites in general for this which is juvenile logic
>>
itt:
>suburban white teenagers and probably a couple manchildren come up with bad excuses for denying racism
>>
>>72264897
Dude the Klan hated Catholic Irish and Italian immigrants as much as blacks. Greeks were regarded as LITERALLY worse than niggers. Asians were LITERALLY put in concentration camps during WW2. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>72271948
So you want whites to be your pet owners make changes yourself
>>
>>72272123
No one here is denying racism finish middle school you fatass spic
>>
>>72272084
>calling me under aged
>still being mad about an age joke
underage detected
>>
>>72272134
Yeah they only thought the English and Scottish were white and every other European was literal dogshit
>>
>>72272165
>finish middle school you fatass spic
>3rd agememe in a row
i'm not even sure if this is /pol/ or some kind of 9gag resurgence
>>
>>72272174
high schooler spotted
Yeah listen to your teachers son just be "tolerant"
>>
>>72272051
well you can A) pretend that all back people are oppressed due to their race or B) admit that majority of black people are poor but it is not because someone is deliberatly fucking with them because of their skin
>>
>>72272217
t.16 year old
>>
>>72272174
t.mad lil spic
>>
>>72265032
is this a copy paste?
>>
>>72271856
it proves that they are doing it and at some point people stop caring about the Why and focus on the fact that it is happening and need to be stopped
>>
>>72272314
Yea it originated just like everything else on /pol/ lol
>>
File: 1490533176168.png (214KB, 442x367px) Image search: [Google]
1490533176168.png
214KB, 442x367px
>>72272134
>people with white skin who could easily integrate when those conditions changed
>willful immigrants with access to resources and similar social norms.
>unironically thinking any of these things do anything to undermine the severity of anti-black racism throughout the history of the U.S.
>"yeah dude i can win any argument easily, you just gotta throw out historical events you know and then the other person will look like a total hypocrite for not having brought those up before you did"
>>
>>72272355
This is the main problem blacks are choosing to be willfully ignorant and the lefty democrats cheer there pets on to continue their victimhood state of mind which doesn't help anyone
>>
>>72272393
Spread your sisters cheeks already
>>
>>72267533
t.bedwetter
>>
>>72272355
>at some point people stop caring about the Why and focus on the fact that it is happening and need to be stopped
hahahahahahahahahahhaha holy shit dude i honestly thought you guys were at least a little less retarded than this.

illicit drugs are even more accepted in popular culture than ever and aren't really doing any harm to society that pharmaceuticals alcohol and tobacco don't already do.

when trying to focus on what's happening and try stop it fails miserably and wastes everyone's time for multiple decades and you won't reconsider it you're on a whole other level of refusing to acknowledge that you're wrong after it's been proven to be the case.

arresting people for drug use leads to a cycle of drug abuse, not a reduction of drug use.
>>
>>72272393
>willful immigrants with resources

The Irish were potato famine niggers with literally no money who fled on fucking boats. Chinese immigrants had to hustle in opium houses to make a living and were attacked on a racial basis for generations.

I'm not even trying to prove that black people never had it bad or that they didn't struggle. Just don't make retarded and straight up wrong claims.
>>
>>72272583
Don't reply to anime posters let them die a miserable torched death
>>
>>72272583
i wasn't referring to the Irish there, so that's kind of just an (accidental) strawman on your part.

i was referring to asian immigrants with that one

and yeah, opium is a resource, so im not wrong.
>>
OP here, thank you /pol/ for making this such a massive thread. I just wanted to trash Joey's new album, didn't expect 370 posts.
>>
I love how everyone ignores that the war on drugs wasn't about race. It was about keeping the dying DEA alive and having a good pretext to fuck over American's individual freedoms, which were proving to be problematic and degenerating the youth, and weren't getting along with the autistic protestant puritan mentality of the time. It was part "these kids are dying from heroin overdoses at an alarming rate" and part "they're taking acid all day and coming up with all these different societal orders and value systems, shit's insane"

It also massively fucked over the lower class, which to everyone's surprise is made up of several backgrounds and isn't exclusive to black people.
>>
>>72272727
This would be true if the CIA hadn't introduced crack to the ghettos.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.