[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate trance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1449127163552.jpg (98KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449127163552.jpg
98KB, 750x750px
Subject related. I don't lurk here, just wondering why trance and edm seem to get such a bad rap?
>>
>>72243815
because it's boring, trite garbage
>>
>>72243815
its the music equivalent of the gift shop at the end of the museum
>>
>>72243815
Its for faggots and normies
>>
>>72243848

why do you think its boring? i can see progressive being boring to some but what about vocal trance like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBj1hs9h7PU
>>
>>72243815
I consider Edm anything post 2008
Trance only had the singles and state of trance is such a drone fest
>>
>>72243869
oh my fucking god
>>
>>72243878
risers are boring
commercial synths are boring
sidechaining is so overdone its giving me a headache
overproduced commercial boring shit
>>
Because it's spiritually uplifting music and that doesn't appeal to miserable bastards.
>>
As with any genre, there are good and bad producers/tracks. I really like electronic music because of the subtle progressions in the songs, the slow builds, the infectious beats and rhythms. Trance is music that is mostly created to dance to and make you feel good. Don't try and take it for more than it is.
>>
I love Trance. Hating Trance is a boring, obvious opinion.

People are talking about its watered-down-ness or commercialness as if that's what defines it. But it has a lot of qualities distinct to it that make it a thing in itself.

And many of these qualities, like a certain hygienic idealized commercial futurism, brand/jingle-like melodies, Fantasy atmospherics, particularly shlocky New Age elements, etc, are particularly, exaggeratedly suited for Trance in a way they aren't in other styles. Some might be hipster about it and only want to focus on more respectable, early 'real trance' like Age of Love or whatever but when it gets really cheesy and epic and fantasy there's something perversely new and in-itself there that I appreciate. This kind of experience of tripping out to the sound of a logo or branding experience or hyperreal engineering is something I've been into for a long time and it's best experienced through the really cheesy, shameless stuff like Epic/Euro Trance and Happy Hardcore / UK Hardcore.
>>
>>72243922

/thread
>>
Hilarious a board who champion memerap calling any other genre shit lmao
>>
recc me some psytrance?
>>
>trance is shit dude xD
>Oh me? I listen to intelligent electronic music for intellectuals such as myself, like Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Burial, the list could go on
>>
>>72244117
trance is better than rap
>>
>>72243922
I disagree though. There is something really mournful and yearning about listening to stuff like this whey you're miserable. I used to be quite depressive and stuff like this really hit the spot sometimes. There's something actually very sad about Trance, because it and Happy Hardcore vividly depict 'the dream' in a way that is really bittersweet.
>>
mu retards with zero taste

you don't even know anything about the genre, so shut the fuck up about it.

also, trance is dead now and is dadtier, it died gracefully. dont debase it by trying to talk to mu about it, a few guys in bleep would be better to talk to about this deep and extremely patrish genre
>>
>>72244258
I thought bleep mostly talk about boring techno.

Jk I like techno but still.

Being too serious or high brow or 'credible' with electronic music has some perks but it can get boring and stale fast.
>>
>>72244129
Skazi
Goa Gil compilations
>>
Trance is good at nullifying the background crowd. It's somewhat less good one ones own.
>>
>>72243815
> talking about trance and edm as if they're the same thing
I don't even care if the door hits you on the way out.
>>
I will say, I like Euro Trance much better than Goa or Psy Trance.

I even like the culture around Euro (eurotrash, cheesy hot European types, athletic people) better than the culture around Psy (the worst end of the whole festival crowd, like these Burning Man steampunk rich professionals in fedoras and 'ethnic' vests and woven pants and shiny or furry jackets.
>>
>>72243815
I like Trance but I don't listen to loads of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCgl9gAyjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxoEnMV3dQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBbfwnO038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWrdFkIt8g0

Trance used to make it into the charts fairly often when I was a lot younger.
>>
>>72243815
I don't know, but I love it. It feels like the electronic version of crescendo-core post rock.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.