[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is one of their top 3 albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: KoL_1298039977.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KoL_1298039977.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
This is one of their top 3 albums
>>
All of the best songs are B-Sides
>>
>"delete all kendrick threads! make a rap discussion board!!"
>radiohead clogging up the catalog
what did /mu/ mean by this
>>
i unironically love this
>>
>>72242699
how fucking new are you
>>
>>72242679
not that good but it's massively underrated for sure
>>72242699
melon
>>
>>72242679
3rd worst. only above pablo honey and htt
>>
>>72242679
whats the problem, buddy? got triggered by the melon man?
>>
>>72242699
You're right; we could condense all of the Radiohead threads into one.
>>
good but In Rainbows, Kid A, OK Computer are objectively better. Amnesiac, A Moon Shaped Pool, Hail to the Thief and even The Bends could be better too
>>
The last 4 tracks are probably the strongest 4 consecutive radiohead songs. They flow together so well and yet are so distinct.

The album grew on me in a very strange way. I never thought it was bad, but at a certain point I "got" the album where I started to hear the beauty in it. It's perfectly balanced.
>>
Its their worst, pretentious crap at its best
Bloom is brainy for the sake of being brainy: convoluted rhythm, angst-filled droning vocals, a bit of minimalist keyboards and sleepy trumpet wails. Morning Mr Magpie puts the project into a different light: this is mood music made out of pretentious ideas. The single Lotus Flower ventures into disco territory but it ends up sounding like a bad version of synth-pop of the 1980s. But that's still better than no rhythm at all: the slow slow slow piano ballad Codex is simply devoid of real music: it's just somebody strumming a piano and crooning a trite melody. And Give Up The Ghost it's not even that: just a hippie-style litany repeated over and over again. The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Yorke's insipid and narcotized singing certainly does not help rescue the rest.
It is not completely surprising that the results improve dramatically when Yorke does not sing. The claustrophobic tension of Feral is driven by the contrast between the almost silent soundscape and the frantic twitching of the beats (and the ghostly Middle-Eastern moves). Yorke merely moans in Little By Little, one of Radiohead's most touching pop moments, sculpted by hazy guitar and sitar tones.
Radiohead's career has been one long bluff and it gets harder and harder for them to disguise it. The best thing about this album is that it's concise. Little By Little and Feral would have made a great EP tho
>>
yeah sure

i unironically enjoyed in rainbows too
>>
People dislike TKOL because it has a weak/confusing intro, as opposed to every other Radiohead album, which has an accessible song at the beginning (Compare 2 + 2 = 5 to the rest of HTTT, for example). Furthermore over the last 6 years Radiohead released some spectacular songs that regrettably didn't appear on any albums

Here's a 10/10 album:

Lotus Flower
Morning Mr. Magpie
Codex
The Daily Mail
Spectre
Give Up The Ghost
Seperator
Supercollider
>>
>>72247376
>Excluding Little By Little and Staircase
What the heck, anon?
>>
>>72247376
If you're not going to start it with Bloom, you might as well start it off with The Butcher
>>
>>72242679
Its their best album period
>>
>>72242679
underrated but the subpar production hinders it a bit
>>
>>72242679
Almost made a thread saying exactly this. It's tied with Kid A for #3 on my list (IR and OKC are my top two). A lot of people dislike it because unlike other Radiohead albums, it's short and doesn't feel like a fully realized concept - but that's exactly why I love it. On TKOL they're not trying to create a masterpiece, it's just a small collection of interesting, experimental songs. In my opinion there's not a single bad track on this album. Half of the songs are infectiously groovy, and Codex and Give Up The Ghost are absolute beauties. Separator is a surprisingly great closer; it has the sensibility of a simple, uplifting pop song.
>>
>>72242679
No.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.