[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's hard to learn piano? what is your experience with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Piano-keys.jpg (1MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Piano-keys.jpg
1MB, 1698x1131px
i want to star to learn, i played guitar like two years, but is hard? (I do not know anything about musical theory.)
>>
>>72240973

"I played guitar like two years" makes it sound like you're not really a musician?

I wouldn't say piano is "hard" but a background in theory really helps. A lot. Even if you just learn some basics about triads/chords/inversion/keys etc. Learning piano kind of goes hand in hand with learning about the theory - a lot of concepts only "click" for me when I think about them in the context of the piano, even though piano is not my main instrument.

My advice would to be
1. Learn to read real music (if you can't already)
2. Get some basic theory background
3. Use Suzuki method books to teach yourself

Suzuki method gets you playing actual songs pretty fast and boosts confidence a lot. Plus you will be putting all those theory concepts into practice, and getting more familiar with them.
>>
yeah, I consider myself amateur and being honest not too good with the guitar.anyway i try my best and thanks a lot for the reply
>>
>>72240973
Every instrument is hard to master.
>>
of course it is. but it's also fun
>>
File: 6664088.png (374KB, 897x323px) Image search: [Google]
6664088.png
374KB, 897x323px
>>72240973
Piano can be about as simple or as hard as you make it. The note layout is very simple, and to play a note, you just press a key. You can learn a lot of the "where" of a piano in an afternoon.

The "simplicity" of piano means it allows the musicians freedom to do some very complicated stuff, like with classical or jazz piano. Learning good technique and applying theory is something that takes years though (like any instrument). Or you can just be that guy in a hipster band just playing single notes on a keyboard with the note names written on the keys. Both are fine.
>>
>>72241815
>create /b/iano
>only has 3 notes, repeating
>FAG FAG FAG FAG
>>
>>72241815
Oh, one extra thing I forgot to mention.

If you're planning on doing anything more than very basic shit, like jazz or classical piano, you should take lessons for a bit to have someone teach you proper technique and give you exercises to work on.

Lots of things are easy to learn on your own/online, but learning technique really helps to have someone watch you and give you immediate feedback,
>>
>>72240973
I've been wondering too. Because digital piano seems to be the quietest of instruments. When you live in an apartment how can you play things like acoustic guitar without the neighbors hearing?
>>
Piano is incredible. My first instrument is alto sax but as of lately I've only been playing keyboard. Its just so "instant" and great for coming up with ideas and progressions.

At the very base level, if you just play all white keys or all black keys, you can make something that's listenable.
>>
just play some nice acoustic songs with headphones on and play. "cemetery gates" or "time" are easy and fun to play by ear e. g. . Then, a bit of classical piano lessons and woooosh you'll very fast start to understand how music is built up. just go with the flow, dont theorize too much. music isnt supposed to be maths.
>>
ive been learning piano for 9 years now and it may be hard if you want to play jazz or classical, but generally songs are very easy, just a bunch of chords in different positions and maybe a solo in blues scale if you want to sound like a pro ((but youre not))
>>
>>72240973
Depends a lot on what you want to do with it. I'm a pianist and keyboardist; I also play guitar and some other instruments. Piano is more challenging than guitar overall, but simpler to get started on.

Because there's so much you can do with it, you'll flounder if you don't have a sense of direction--learning the blues is quite a bit different from learning classical, for example. When in doubt, focus on jazz, because it'll give you a strong background in improvisation.
>>
File: 1491492153301.png (296KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491492153301.png
296KB, 500x500px
>>72240973
so if i work really hard, put my stuff online and get maybe 20 views that sorta summons the question why bother?

Whats the fucking point of doing music when everybody only wants to listen to commercial shitbrands that all sound the same? They dont want ideas, they dont want you, they wanted copypasted bland garbage

ive putted maybe over 500 hours in making music and theres no reward
>>
>>72245328
It's not the public's fault your shit isn't getting the recognition you feel it deserves. There is always people who care and want genuine artists, it's the majority, actually.

>muh hard work and no reward

This is exactly your problem. Reward is what you make it, it's fictional. Get real or stop doing music, honestly. It's not about the hours you put in, you're not in physics class anymore faggot.

Get over it or just drop it for the sake of genuine music.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.