[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

GOAT
>>
>>72233411
This is a really good performance holy shit
>>
King of the monkeys and other talentless hacks
>>
GOAT
>>
File: 1483912745141.png (442KB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
1483912745141.png
442KB, 533x358px
>>72233633
Get your /pol/ ass outta here
>>
>>72233411
Fuck off. No one likes this pretentious nog
>>
>>72233411
Yep. Best rapper ever period.
>>
>>72235379
Lil Wayne is the best you fucking retard.
>>
>>72233411
new album sucks shit. Feels like he's pandering to everyone who told him TPAB and untitled aren't "real rap" enough
>>
>>72235426
At least say someone like Hopsin or something that we can agree to meme on, Lil Wayne is not even bad
>>
He's 5'4
>>
>>72235447
Fuck off you idiot, the album is full of noise and weird samples.
>>
G O A T
O
A
T
>>
>all these kendrick threads
What happened to /mu/? It's used to be cool, now it listens to shitty mainstream rappers.
>>
>>72233445
This.Honestly i'm rarely impressed by live performances but I thought this was done really well.
Its crazy how talented he is.
>>
>>72235737
who fucking cares, "noise and weird samples" aren't anything new or interesting
>>
KING KENDRICK
>>
>>72235743
>It's used to be cool

What, you mean when the catalog was entirely made up of MC Ride and wacky Fantano reaction images?

Yeah great times. Fucking retard.
>>
CORNROW KENNY WAS BORN WITH A VISION

WAS THIS YOUR VISION KENNY? TO KEK US ALL LIKE THIS?
>>
>>72235737
like where?
>>
File: biggie cheese.jpg (28KB, 433x446px) Image search: [Google]
biggie cheese.jpg
28KB, 433x446px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>72235834
Like literally all of XXX for starters, as well as FEAR, DUCKWORTH, and PRIDE. The album isn't like "oh this is standard generic hiphop".
>>
>>72235949
standard generic hip hop is all about weird samples these days where the heck have you been
>>
>>72235809
The argument is that it's generic hiphop and that's nowhere near true. The guy fucking made a track with U2, and made a concept album that's actually incredible. I think this whole jerk on "oh uh standard ugh" is just a way people who are too stupid to understand the album are hating on it
>>
>>72235977
Bruh you seem to ignore that "standard generic hiphop" These days is mostly mumble and not shit like DAMN.
>>
>>72235737
So music?
>>
File: air jerk.jpg (16KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
air jerk.jpg
16KB, 600x400px
>>72235990
>The guy fucking made a track with U2

one of the blandest bands of all time. wow Kenny's a genius!!! (when did we start calling him Kenny btw?)

It's musically a huge step back from his latest stuff. That's just the truth
>>
>>72236012
Damn has its fair share of mumble crap. Most of it sounded like a Drake album, lethargic. Barely any of the tracks had any real energy and were bad live.
>>
>>72236032
Not really.

Hiphop is leaning toward a lot of overproduced sound and a lot of mumble rap/one liner based hiphop

DAMN is taking a raw angle and then is providing a lot of really underproduced beats, which actually makes it pretty damn different than what's going on

It's a lot closer to GKMC than anything Kendrick's put out recently

I don't think it's THE MOST INNOVATIVE HIPHOP EVER GAAAAAAAAH but it's a damn fucking good album
>>
>>72233411
haha guess you forgot how Hopsin looks like
>>
>>72236069
Sorry, I misread your post at first and thought "noise" was meant to be a criticism. I like shit like 21 Savage but I love Damn too.
>>
File: MF DOOM.jpg (38KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
MF DOOM.jpg
38KB, 650x430px
GOAT
>>
>>72236055
>>72236045

1) I think that using U2 in the space of hiphop is really different than anything either artist has done, and it's stupid to say otherwise

2) I think it's also really stupid to say the entire album is low energy. I do agree it has it's fair share of low energy stuff on it but it's also an introspective piece and a concept album. The flow isn't mumble, it's clear and it's stripped down. Not overproduced and filtered like a lot of mumble

3) I do agree that subject wise, it's a lot different than his more recent stuff. However, if you actually listen to the subject matter of the album, you can hear that the pressure of the response to TPAB is killing the guy. Everyone wants him to be this racial idol and he's trying to distance himself from that. "I'm an Israelite, don't call me black no more/That word is only a color, it ain't facts no more". Give the damn guy a break, he can't always push wider and wider. Instead he gave us a really introspective piece like GKMC and really focused on that feeling.

All in all it's not some damn masterpiece like his last 2 albums but it's really damn good, better than almost any release of the past 2 years.
>>
>>72236094
Oh no, CLIPPING, Death Grips and stuff like them are some of my favorite hip hop acts ever. I love unusual samples and music like that.

I'm also a huge Kendrick stan so Imma be out in this thread with my pitchfork
>>
File: Irrelevant Nation.jpg (134KB, 382x382px) Image search: [Google]
Irrelevant Nation.jpg
134KB, 382x382px
>>72233411
Imma change the name of Sóley's new album to NATION., and use this as the cover art, since K. didn't deliver. I'll have NATION. one way or another.
>>
Anyone here have a copy of the album that doesn't sound like total and utter ass? I must have the leaked version cause there's noticeable drop in quality in the songs.
>>
>>72236106
I think right now my "GOAT" list is

Nas
Biggie
Deltron
Doom
Kendrick

Honorable Mention Nujabes
>>
>>72236179
I have the leaked version but it actually sounds excellent to me, I haven't heard a noticeable drop in quality.
>>
He's technically good and all but he sounds like he's preaching at all times. He's got that know-it-all tone that really gets on my nerves
>>
>>72236186
nice bait 7/10
>>
>My cousin said he's a Jewish man
>I said "You can do that? DAMN."
GOAT, my ass
>>
>>72236195
Humble takes a huge shit, sounds like someone ripped it off from the music video at 360p.
>>
>>72236213
Even at his "preachiest", Kendrick has never bothered me. He has an earnest way about him that makes over-the-top shit like his Grammys performance work. I never get the vibe he's doing anything but speaking from the heart.
>>
>>72236253
Oh wow, my version, the link got taken down but HUMBLE sounds as good as the official release :c
>>
>>72236254
Earnest preaching can be even more tiresome than dishonest.
>>
>>72236302
How?
>>
>>72236254
Kendrick to me just feels like I'm reading ginsberg and so It really weirds me out when I hear the "preachy" accusation (Especially TPAB)
>>
>>72236306
If you have a friend or relative who goes into preacher mode you know what I'm talking about. It just takes over their character.
>>
>>72233411

Hip hop babies ruined /mu/

Fucking sheeple
>>
>>72236448
fuck off cuck, just because you don't like a genre doesn't mean it's automatically bad
>>
>>72236454

Just because you have a legion of bandwagoning teenagers doesn't make a genre automatically good either.
>>
>>72236482
Or you could realize Hip Hop is a genre that is modern, changing and growing at a rapid rate still, comes from an incredibly modern place compared to a ton of music, and being able to be a part of said genre and watching it grow is incredible and beautiful.

Now you should read about the burning of harlem and how it STILL echos in american and hip hop culture
>>
>>72236512

What is it with fans of hip hop that act like the genre is the second coming of christ? Do you really think all music doesn't go through these developmental periods? This Kendrick/Kanye circle jerk is really the biggest case of tunnel vision ever.
>>
>>72236552
I mean I listen to a ton of dif genres. You act like hip hop fans ignore all other genres, when I listen to Jazz, Punk, Alt Rock, Electronic, etc all just as much.

I just find the fact that I get to live through this developmental period where the music reflects a history that is ignored in a lot of modern classrooms and cultures incredibly appealing. It's like how Jazz boomed out of harlem in the 30's/40's.
>>
>>72236512
>t. white guy

lol shut the fuck up chase no one gives a fuck. you think niggas listen to hip hop for lyrics, history or whatever? if they did trap wouldn't be whats poppin and underground artists would be more more popular
>>
>>72236106
DOOM is so much more talented and interesting than Kendrick.
>>
>>72236583
Different people listen to different music for different reasons.

Just because I'm not fucking trapping doesn't mean I'm not allowed to like hiphop for lyricism
>>
>>72236589
I think DOOM's mythos is so fucking cool (I'm a huge fan of both DOOM and Kendrick.) I actually wish there were more hip hop artists willing to try and craft that kind of mythos and artsy feeling.
>>
>>72235743
Kendrick has been popular on here since section.80
>>
>>72236677
>>72235743

Kendrick is fucking excellent which is why he's talked about here
>>
>>72236589
>>72236106
>doritos, cheetos, and fritos
hack
>>
>>72236623
youre not the intended demographic for hip hop anyway so idk why the fuck you arguing its meaning, symbolism and imagery like it even matters lol

anyone is more than welcome to like it but dont bring up irrelevant shit that doesnt even apply to u
>>
>>72236776
>Hip Hop is only intended for Black People
>The first true hip hop record ever happened because fucking Debbie Harry was interested in it happening

tell me once again why music has to be racially split
>>
>>72236826
most of what you hear on the radio except country and folk are derivations of black music.

checkmated now STFU already
>>
>>72236862
I mean how is that relevant to the argument? I'm literally talking about how music isn't meant to be racially split and that just builds the argument further
>>
>>72236186
>Doom
>>
>>72233411
He's no Playboi Carti
>>
>people in this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bkoeR6uwlE
>>
>>72236106

DUDE COMIC BOOKS AND FOOD LMAO

nah

top 3 rappers:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. KDot
3. Kung Fu Kenny
>>
>>72236186
this is a shit list.

this is unironically my GOAT list

Kanye
Biggie (he died too young to be the GOAT)
Kendrick
GZA
MF Doom
>>
>>72238149
NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL
>>
File: yeezus.jpg (90KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
yeezus.jpg
90KB, 599x595px
>>72238162
"Trapped in a theater like Hitler"... as you may already know, in real life, Hitler was never actually trapped in a theater. He died in a bunker. Kanye is referencing the movie "Inglorious Bastards". Kanye isn't referencing real life, he's referencing the media's version of real life.

Another line goes like "300 like the Romans..." Now, he's referencing another movie loosely based on real life, "300". In real life, the forces of the 300 didn't belong to the Romans, it belonged to Greece. He's deliberately mistaking reality for his own version of it.

Kanye deliberately referenced two historical events, that had famous movies based on them, and referenced the media's version of these real events, as opposed to what actually happened. By doing so, Kanye is making an extended metaphor on how real life can be altered by the media, a concept which correlates to his own life (how the media perceives him as an ****, etc).

By doing so, Kanye is making his own version of REALITY with this song. These themes may be extended within the album. Since he calls himself a God in "I Am God", the album might be about his own shaping of reality. His version of the world, since he is a god. During "Black Skinhead", since he is God, he can alter reality and perceive it the way he wants to.

All the movie references actually have a bigger meaning. He's talking about how the media (ie movies) can alter the perception of things. The King Kong line is a reference to how the media perceives his relationship with Kim. They portray him as the giant ape, trying to kidnap the white woman.
>>
Anyone got that "What I Expected, What I Got" for DAMN.? Last panel had a silhouette of a guy drinking with quotes from the album
>>
File: 2017-02-27-19-57-35-1596786995.jpg (6KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-27-19-57-35-1596786995.jpg
6KB, 284x178px
>Its a teenagers and early 20-somethings talk about and compare their favourite rappers like little children comparing their favourite pokemon thread

You guys are so cute, I cant wait for you look back at this time less than 10 years from now when you dont give a shit about rappers and realise how adorable you were
>>
>>72235653
ok i gotchu senpai
hopsin is the greatest rapper alive fight me i'm 6''4' and row of UC Davis
>>
>>72235328

>no one

For a man no one likes he sure sells alot of albums
>>
>>72235328
>No one

why are some people so delusional?
>>
>>72234342
Niggers are monkeys, you'd know if you spent time around them
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.