[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STONER DOOM/SLUDGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: s.jpg (696KB, 886x886px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
696KB, 886x886px
Is this a dead-end genre? I just don't get it. There's nothing stoner/psychedelic about it. And there is nothing that doom-inducing about it either. Just generic dad rock riffs. Am I listening to the wrong bands? Where is the real crunchy and feedback ridden shit?
>>
Dopethrone
>>
Allah-las, the growlers, mystic braves, holy wave, cat signs, Guantanamo bay watch, and Levitation room are some good psychedelic bands
>>
>>72228771
This>>72228844 look em up on bandcamp, can dl free. The newest EP is bretty gud
>>
Electric Wizard, as another anon suggested with "Dopethrone"

and

Sleep - pretty much one of *the* stoner metal bands

Both are great stoner metal bands.

Oh and I guess The Sword too. Saw them live in OKC a few years back, great show, pretty good band.
>>
>>72228771
it's really gotten predictable...especially the band names..or the riffs that go ..chord chord diggity diggity chord chord..
>>
>>72228771
there's not much you can do with fuzzed out blues riffs. all you need is sleep, early electric wizard before they turned into generic stoner rock shit, bongripper, and conan
>>
High on fire
>>
Boris is the pinnacle
>>
>>72231529
Heavy Rocks is mostly stoner with some doom, Pink is stoner/noise rock, and Akuma No Uta is stoner/garage rock

Other than that they're hardly doom/sludge (besides parts of Feedbacker)

Fucking fantastic band but for the most part they just barely touch upon the genres OP's talking about
>>
>>72231431
weed+PCP
>>
>>72231602
Well those are three of their best albums, so those albums are def incredible stoner/sludge. Also, Amplifier Worship is drone/sludge, Flood is stoner rock/post-rock, Absolutego is drone doom, and their early demos are Melvins-style Sludge, so there's more than you think
>>
>>72231728
Amplifier Worship is mostly drone but yeah doom is in there, Flood is like 95% post rock, Absolutego is pure drone, and I'm not a fan of their early demos, so I stand by my statement
>>
>>72231810
Just because it's mostly other genres doesn't take away the influence of those genres. I'm not calling Boris a stoner/sludge band (probably a problem with my wording, sorry) but the albums that they made in that genre are to me the peak of it. Oh, and just because you're not a fan of the demos doesn't mean that the demos don't make up part of their sludge output.
>>
>>72231924
Makes sense
And not saying they didn't put out sludge material, I just don't see it as the pinnacle of the genre
Misunderstandings all around
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.