[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im buying a new turntable /mu/ what should i get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1481582744647.jpg (109KB, 955x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481582744647.jpg
109KB, 955x768px
Im buying a new turntable /mu/ what should i get?
>>
Jensen JTA-230
>>
>>72222017
buy spotify premium and good headphones/speakers instead
>>
>>72222017
I've got a second hand rega planar and it makes me hard every time
>>
>>72222017
lost
>>
>>72222017
ive got a u-turn orbit. listening to it right now and it works great with good speakers
>>
>>72222091
fuck off shill
>>
T92 Stanton
>>
>>72222017
depends on your budget and your willingness to spend in the future. Rega, U-Turn, and Pro-ject make great entry-level stuff. Can easily recommend the Debut Carbon DC, but it doesn't provide all too much in terms of potential upgrades.
>>
File: shark.png (49KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
shark.png
49KB, 398x409px
>>72224937
i used to own a debut carbon DC. The sound quality was great, but there was a ton of other problems with it.

The cheap anti skating was little weight connected by a string to the base of the tonearm and was super finicky.

There was also a bunch of motor and electrical hum that i had tried to fix over and over again with no results.
>>
>>72222017
do you have a car?
>>
File: verygood.jpg (27KB, 512x397px) Image search: [Google]
verygood.jpg
27KB, 512x397px
>>72225378
I had a DC for a while and never really had any problems with the motor or humming. A friend had the standard and he said there was humming, but nothing noticeable on the DC model.

Never really had any issue with the anti skating but I had very little reason to fuck around with it more than a few times.
>>
>>72222017
Get a used Pioneer or Sony from the 80s. Should cost you like $150 and they'll be better than the Project Debut or Rega or whatever entry level real turntables are recommended these days.
>>
digits and you buy a crosley from urban outfitters
>>
Glubtronics 725
>>
>>72222091
>buying a new turntable
>new

if you already own vinyl then you might want to listen to it using the technology that lets you listen to it...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.