[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Anthony Braxton the patrician version of Frank Zappa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 47848.jpg (18KB, 261x417px) Image search: [Google]
47848.jpg
18KB, 261x417px
Is Anthony Braxton the patrician version of Frank Zappa?
>>
>>72221393
wat
>>
>>72221393
nope!

Youre thinking of Zoog Rift
>>
no that's eric dolphy silly
>>
>>72221393
both are pleb af, the real patrician elite listens to Darmstadt School Dodecaphony and field recordings
>>
They're nothing alike, so no. Not really.
>>
>>72221393
I dunno OP, is Roscoe Mitchell the patrician version of Anthony Braxton?
>>
>>72223393
only silly people listen to this
>>
File: 1470945537057.jpg (123KB, 548x551px) Image search: [Google]
1470945537057.jpg
123KB, 548x551px
>>72221393
Can someone please tell me the significance of this album and any of his other similar ones?

It's alright, but to me it's nothing to be beheld in above or between the manner of other contemporary Free Jazz/Avant-garde Jazz artists, and I feel those who do, do so with an disposition of pretentiousness.

As a music studies outsider, am I missing some technical thing that only matters to those with the correct parameters to interpret it? All I can tell is that it's a fairly interesting exploration in sounds, but that's really it. Nothing I could take pleasure in as is the purpose of music.

I usually have time for these kind of things, but I'm just baffled this is held in such high regard as it is.
>>
>>72223673
tru, the actual patrician elite listens exclusively to '4 hrs. dubstep comps 4 gamers' in youtube
>>
>>72224042
what?
no they don't
you're being silly, stop that
>>
>>72224042
>>72223393
You're both wrong. True patricians listen exclusively to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhv43F-F6M
>>
>>72224112
t. seƱor vikernes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.