[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

azd narkopop and death peak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: azd_narkopop_deathpeak.jpg (645KB, 1512x504px) Image search: [Google]
azd_narkopop_deathpeak.jpg
645KB, 1512x504px
It's been a great week or so for some of our mainstay dance / dance derivative electronic artists. Which is your favorite and why?
>>
I like Actress and Clark but I haven't heard their new stuff yet. Narkopop is my current aoty
>>
>>72218017
azd is meh, narkopop is aoty so far. i havent heard death peak yet
>>
actress had some great highlights but was not quite rip/splazsh good. need to hear the others still
>>
Arca / Arca and Narkopop were great, Death Peak was ok, AZD was mediocre
>>
>>72218101
I think both actress and clark did well with their new releases.

I personally preferred RIP to ghettoville for its sterility and pure synthetic feeling and AZD feels more like this. It's definitely not going to be to everyone's taste.

Clark is downright gorgeous. This is the first album of his I'd heard but I went back through his older stuff and this seems to be the best or at least the most immediately lovable.

Narkopop is amazing and I think it'll be hard to contend. Finally after the avalanches, hanl, and mbv had underwhelming comebacks Voight actually come through with some incredible work. I think it's probably testament to the intellectual rigor of his music. he understands how to make good music rather than intuiting it.
>>
>>72218017
>azd
I like it a lot. I think it's much better than Ghettoville. Really digging the UK urban feel to it.

>Narkopop
It won't top his previous work but I like it a lot. I like how Voigt mixes the Zauberberg sound with his more recent solo work.

>the new Clark album
I haven't listened to it. Is it worth a listen?
>>
>>72218017
Narkopop is blissful, great comeback record without missing a beat. Death peak feels like a continuation of what clark's done on his self-titled, but sounds more accessible. It was enjoyable, a lot of pretty synths on it. AZD is my favourite of the three, love that the sound is more like splazsh&RIP but still manages to go in new, interesting directions (especially faure in chrome)

>>72218422
it's worth a listen
>>
>>72218260
>Finally after the avalanches, hanl, and mbv had underwhelming comebacks
I wouldn't call Narkopop a comeback album, at least not in the sense like the artists you've named. Voigt was never absent from music, he just stopped working under the name Gas but his sound was constantly progressing in those 17 years from Pop to Narkopop. Check out "Rückverzauberung 10 / Nationalpark (2015)" it sounds a lot like Narkopop and even a bit like Gas.
>>
>>72218542
Yeah, you're right about that. I never looked into his other work all that much, thanks for the rec!
>>
AZD is underrated. Not sure what the Actress backlash is about desu.
>>
>>72218017
>Actress
Haven't listened yet, excited.
>Narkopop
I'm probably as big a Voigt fan as you'll find on this Earth, and it gets a thumbs up from me. It abandons many of the original Gas projects key components, in example I find myself missing the obvious techno thumping that riddled the older works, but anybody who's followed Voigt recently knows that he's changed. Might be my AOTY.
>Deathpeak
VERY good. I loved Clark's Selftitled album, and this album might just be even better. Tracks like Slap Drones are pure ear candy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.