[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we explain difficult albums to other anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gayspiderorgy.jpg (34KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
gayspiderorgy.jpg
34KB, 460x276px
Can somebody fucking explain the feats of this album? Why is it so important or meaningful?
Do I need to be in a certain headspace?
It's not bad, that's for sure, but someone please tell me why is so highly regarded, I'm not even trolling. It's something related to the time period in which it was released? The production? The spoken word-ish experimentation? The nineties emo sound?
Same goes for Remain in light, good LP but in all honesty I can't "get" it. Before you wonder, I'm really trying to get into so-called mu-core, with disappointing results. I'm doing it because, apparently, you have to understand those album since they're so fundamental and all that jazz.
Someone please, enlighten me.
>inb4 bait
No, it's not, fuck off.
>>
being a aspie helps
>>
i would also like to know
>>
I don't really get the record either. But that's just how things go, different people react differently to music. You can't be convinced into liking it. You either like it or don't.
>>
>>72217612
That albums a grower for sure, and yeah I do think you have to be in a certain headspace, or certain conditions have to be right for it to click. If you don't outright to think it sounds bad, I'd recommend listening to it alone at night, or maybe even on a drab rainy day.
>>
I'm trying to find my way home...I'm sorry and I'll miss you...
>>
>>72217729
I don't think the same, actually. Many albums grew on me, to the point where I love them, after repeated listens. Songs for the deaf, blue and white album from weezer and beastie boys stuff plus something else I can't remember now. I can't pinpoint, however, the moment or the precise thing that makes me like the album.
In other news, I just learned that Allan Holdsworth dies, fyi.
Here's an highlight from his heyday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gZW1_6zFuo
>>
>>72217748
That's exactly my mindset at the moment, hell, it's even raining outside. It's 10 pm here, maybe I need some other album to warm up to spiderland.
Any suggestion?
>>
>>72217779
Well obviously you can gain appreciation from repeated listening. But we're talking about discussion. I don't think it's possible to suddenly enjoy an album more from discussing it and other people telling you how much they like it.
>>
>>72217612
It's just a meme
>>
>>72217819
to be honest I was hoping for someone to shine some light on it's innovative aspects. I'm reading that it's the album which "single-handedly inspired post rock",quoted from some pitchfork level journal. Of course it's an hyperbole, yet some of it must be true. I'm currently listening to it and it's like I'm missing the "point" of the album. By that, I mean I'm missing why people think it's a gem, I know for sure that Slint just intended to make music, period.
>>
>>72217917
Watch the documentary - Breadcrumb Trail
>>
Explain Twin Fantasy to me please, or Just got back from discomfort. They don't make sense because I am to smart.
>>
>>72217612
This is probably one of the best videos on the topic. He also has a video on Loveless, which gave me a new perspective on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4oz659c7Zc
>>
>>72217612
It's unwound lite basically.

Go listen to unwound and see if you like them and if you do go back and listen to Spiderland, you might like it after that. I didn't though.
>>
>>72218045
Daniel Johnston is better. Listen to Hi, How Are You. It basically spawned all of the bedroom pop acts like Car Seat Headrest.
>>
>>72218692
>It's unwound lite basically.
lol I love both Slint and Unwound but I really don't understand how someone could think that.
>>
>>72218045
indie rock with a gay furry singing about his ex-boyfriend
>>
>>72217612
>I'm doing it because, apparently, you have to understand those album since they're so fundamental and all that jazz.
you don't, that's BS.
>>
File: front.jpg (60KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
60KB, 499x500px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.