[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what is power pop exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

so what is power pop exactly
>>
>>72213757
the beatles at a higher volume
>>
>>72213757
That's a Big Star
>>
do you cry to big star
when you're staring at your ceiling
>>
Power pop is just pop rock with heavy emphasis on power chords. Weezer's blue album, for instance
>>
Like power metal except it's pop
>>
>>72213757
Kind of a you know it when you hear it genre. Not quite pop rock or pop punk, but there can be some overlap into other genres.

Badfinger
The Raspberries
Big Star
Sweet
Shoes
The Undertones
The Nerves
Cheap Trick
The Knack
The Vapors
20/20
The Plimsouls
The Beat
The Kind
The Replacements
Teenage Fanclub
Weezer
The Rentals
Jellyfish
Harvey Danger
Fountains of Wayne

The Cars and Blondie are more New Wave. Buzzcocks and Ramones are more punk. Dinosaur Jr. and Pixies are more alternative. All heavliy inspired by, and and inspiration to power pop bands.
>>
>>72213757
Like pop, but stronger
>>
>>72213757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoke1wUwEXY
>>
File: 9f902cd4.jpg (113KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
9f902cd4.jpg
113KB, 900x900px
>>72213757
bless
>>
>>72213757
>"Power pop is what we play—what the Small Faces used to play, and the kind of pop the Beach Boys played in the days of 'Fun, Fun, Fun' which I preferred." - Pete Townshend
Alternatively, it's basically if the Who played Beatles songs on the Byrds' equipment with Beach Boys backing vocals
>>
File: cover.jpg (808KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
808KB, 1000x1000px
It's great
>>
>>72215228
Underrated
>>
>>72213757
>Power pop is a pop rock music subgenre[1] that draws its inspiration from 1960s British and American rock music. It typically incorporates a combination of musical devices such as strong melodies, clear vocals and crisp vocal harmonies, economical arrangements and prominent guitar riffs. Instrumental solos are usually kept to a minimum, and blues elements are largely downplayed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.