[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy Music Production Software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: fl12full_1.jpg (238KB, 1455x817px) Image search: [Google]
fl12full_1.jpg
238KB, 1455x817px
I have FL studio but I'm just too illiterate with music technology and lots of little things frustrate me about it. What are some easy to use music programs that come with synths and instrument samplers that aren't obtusely named, with a simple interface? I'm basically looking for Garageband but for PC.
>>
>>72213112
FL studio is a fucking clusterfuck
try Ableton
>>
>>72213112
Same question here.
>>
>>72213112
What little things you find frustrating? Just curious
>>
lmms is ez
>>
>>72213132
How everything is it's own window so you have to constantly open and close things and rearrange them, how the piano roll is really obtuse for reasons I can't quite remember right now, how when you change anything you have to close and reopen the piano roll for it to update, the interface in general, how all the synths have branded names that don't give me any idea of what the synth is actually going to be like
There are others but I can't really remember them
>>
>>72213163
Fair enough
>>
>>72213163
I also find FL Studio's GUI frustrating. Like the first anon said, Ableton is better and more intuitive.
Other DAWs worth trying are Reaper, Bitwig Studio, Reason, Renoise and Logic Pro if you use macOS.
>>
>>72213264
Does Ableton come with many synths/samplers/whatever the fuck the things are that you actually use to make the music
And are they all synthetic sounds or are some based on actual instruments
>>
>>72213163
>all the synths have branded names that don't give me any idea of what the synth is actually going to be like
The majority of synths use subtractive synthesis or FM synthesis. Get used to that.
>>
>>72213288
No fucking idea what you're talking about, re-read the first sentence in my OP
>>
>>72213287
There's many instruments, but they're not as good as in garageband. Most of them are synthetic and mediocre. (not all). Ableton sounds best when paired with external VSTs (instrument plugins). I suggest that you buy/pirate Kontakt 5 and libraries of choice, its sound quality is top tier.
>>
>>72213287
Ableton Suite comes at least with a subtractive synth (Analog) and a FM synth (Operator), as well as a sampler.
You can do a lot of things with those three virtual instruments and the included effects. You need to learn how to use them with theory and practice. It takes a relatively long time but you will get there eventually if you continue making music. Watch tutorials on Youtube, they are very helpful.
I'm not sure if there are many samples included by default, but there isn't, just download a few sample packs

Learning to use a DAW is frustrating at the beginning, I remember being pissed off at Reaper sometimes during the first year I started making music like that, but it's ultimately rewarding.
>>
I've found Reaper very easy to figure out
>>
>>72213112
Caustic my man. And it's free for Windows.
>>
>>72213381
I'm semi comfortable with using fl. can caustic offer anything it does better or simpler than fl?
>>
I torrented Mixcraft 7 and I'm loving it so far
(this is OP)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.