[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /mu/ in 1984

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 5776776887987.png (3KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5776776887987.png
3KB, 640x480px
ITT: /mu/ in 1984
>>
U2 is pretty good post-punk. I hear they're working with Brian Eno on their new record. Should be cool.
>>
File: Winston_portrait.png (466KB, 1137x724px) Image search: [Google]
Winston_portrait.png
466KB, 1137x724px
i'm going bananas over this new band called the winston smiths
>>
>>72204787
Bad is the jam of a lifetime.
>>
hey guys it's 1984 music sure is different am I right
>>
I can't wait to be born in 23 years!
>>
Prince > Michael Jackson
>>
>>72204787
ugh seriously? just seems gimmicky

mark my words, nothing they do with Eno will ever be a hit
>>
*swimming in semen*
>>
>>72204837
wtf is his new video? 14 minutes long with him dressed as a goddamn zombie?

MJ has jumped the shark. this album is going to be the bomb of the century
>>
So have you heard of this noise rock band called sonic youth? their sound is pretty loud, wonder if they are going to do well next
>>
>>72204893
The album came out two years ago dummy, maybe stop watching MTV in your mom's basement and go to the record store once in a while
>>
File: NewOrderPower,Corruption&Lies.jpg (74KB, 318x300px) Image search: [Google]
NewOrderPower,Corruption&Lies.jpg
74KB, 318x300px
Did they recover, /mu/?
>>
i have this crazy idea, guys
we'll hook all the computers in the world up to the same network and create a worldwide music discussion
i'm thinking we could call it /mu/ or something like that
what do you guys think of it?
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
Husker Du >>>>> Replacements

Zen Arcade is an instant classic
>>
>>72204952
Ha! Those art school weirdoes are cool but they'll never make it big on the indie circuit like Black Flag. Guarantee they'll run out of money and go back to painting or making urns or some shit.
>>
File: 220px-Swans_-_Cop.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Swans_-_Cop.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
holy shit
>>
>>72205063
Are you Congressman Al Gore?
>>
File: hole-55732748b6cb7.jpg (224KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hole-55732748b6cb7.jpg
224KB, 1000x1000px
>>72205430
That's fucking nothing
JUST CHECK THIS BEAST OUT
HOW WILL HE TOP IT?!?
>>
Everyone Knows Its The Golden Age Of Wireless
>>
File: IMG_5582.jpg (34KB, 550x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5582.jpg
34KB, 550x306px
Hey guys it's 1984! Where's big brother? Haha
>>
We need more disco
>>
>>72204813
This. These threads are cancer.
>>
File: purple rain.jpg (79KB, 431x425px) Image search: [Google]
purple rain.jpg
79KB, 431x425px
Holy shit that movie was cheesy. The soundtrack is fucking insane though.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.