[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Merzbox marathon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1474668114417.jpg (129KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1474668114417.jpg
129KB, 400x558px
Alright, /mu/. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna listen to the entire Merzbox.
I've had it in my digital library for a while, and I rolled it in the endurance thread, so I guess I'm finally gonna do it. AMA.

I just put OM Electrique on. I've listened to it before, but I really like it and genuinely want to go front to back on this. Is anybody interested in specific reviews of each disc when I finish them? I'll be going in order, I'll probably do one or two a day if I can.
>>
Damn, first disc is so good. I think I've listened to the second if memory serves, will soon anyway.
Anybody else delve into it?
>>
>>72203365
Not yet, i don't have a decent opportunity to listen to it uninterrupted for a few weeks :\
>>
>>72203554
I meant in the past, have you?
I wonder if anyone listened when that college radio station broadcast it start to finish
>>
>>72203625
Oh no, I haven't.
>>
I listened to it twice. One time with sleep and the other time without.
>>
Half hour opening track just ended.
Very good, mostly drone, weirdly high amount of (almost) normal percussion. It's very good, takes ten minutes to change, so when it does, it's very interesting and commands your attention.
Here comes the rest.

>>72203683
Remember any specific discs I should look forward to?
>>
Finished the first disc

I don't see a lot of interest, so I guess I won't review it unless it picks up

Still, really love OM Electrique, highly recommend it even if you don't have time to listen to the whole box

I'm probably gonna take a break and then move on to Metal Acoustic Music
>>
>>72203149
are you gonna listen to them while sleeping or not sleeping at all?
>>
>>72204281
I don't think I want to marathon them, but I definitely don't want to miss them by sleeping through them
I'll consider a two day marathon though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7gB5O1byw

?
>>
>>72204241
out of 10? I've been thinking of doing it
>>
>>72204749
As of now, I'm feeling about a 7/10. It's good, but I think it veers a little too far to the minimalist side, could be great if Boris had played on it.
>>
Alright, moving on to disc 2
>>
>>72205149
While you're listening (I just started OM Electrique), what's your favorite Boris Merzbow collab? I really love Gensho but my fave is probably Rock Dream.
>>
>>72205251
Definitely Klatter for me. I think my second place is 04092000 or whatever it is, but I've only listened to it once.
I have to listen to Gensho, but I'm too lazy to combine the halves in audacity.
>>
So far Metal Acoustic Music is a lot harsher than OM Electrique.
It's just one 47 minute track, but I'm enjoying it. Still lightyears shy of peak Merzbow in terms of severity.
>>
>>72205318
Cool. Favorite overall Merzbow album? I gotta go with Hybrid Noisebloom. Fave harsh noise in general?
>>
>>72203149
Yo, how many gigs does the whole Merzbox take up? Good luck with the marathon
>>
>>72205456
it's a 50-hour set
>>
>>72205397
Hmmm, fave merzbow was Tauromachine for a while. Really enjoyed that collab he did that was kinda noise jazz from 2015. All-time favorite Merzbow is probably Batztoutai with Material Gadgets, all time favorite noise might be Tokyo Anal Dynamite or that. I need to go deeper with Gerogerigegege.
>>
>>72205488
I mean how much space it takes up on a computer. I know how long it is lol
>>
File: image.png (84KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 640x1136px
>>72205529
>>
>>72205529
Oh, lol, I'm not sure. Luckily, you can probs scale it down to like 80 kbps and it will still sound the same.
>>
>>72205618
>>72205638
If my math is right that's 7 GB. Damn
>>
>>72205456
20Gbs in FLAC personally
>>
Finished disc 2. Kinda eh, but still alright. A bit harsher, has some weird sample that I assume is Masami moaning into a mic around five minutes from the end. Worth checking out, especially to see his progression towards harsher material, but as a standalone album, personal 5/10.
>>
>>72206238
That's probably all I'll listen to tonight. If this thread dies before I wake up (or whenever I get to disc 3), I'll start another one.
So far rankings are:
>01: 7/10
>02: 5/10
>>
>>72205670
That's pretty reasonable for almost 40 years of work.
>>
>>72203149

I once sat through the entire GG Allin discography and it was torture

Don't do it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.