[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: softbulletin(3).png (159KB, 359x362px) Image search: [Google]
softbulletin(3).png
159KB, 359x362px
What went right?
>>
Jonathan Donahue and Ronald Jones leaving the band forcing Steven to compose every musical note on the whole thing
>>
A situation of creative freedom, a (diminishing) heroine addiction in the band, friendship, luck, and LSD.
>>
>>72197376
pretty much.
>>
>>72197376
Pretty sure Steven was still on heroin even after this album
>>
Can anyone help me find the photo of Steven with the real life "spider bite" on his hand?
>>
File: tumblr_niosbyNpmc1u2wqbvo1_500.jpg (178KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niosbyNpmc1u2wqbvo1_500.jpg
178KB, 500x687px
>>72197494
>>
File: tumblr_lrqvl0PPRC1qfk5ago1_500.jpg (138KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrqvl0PPRC1qfk5ago1_500.jpg
138KB, 500x375px
>>72197531
this is all i got
>>
>>72197295
The planets aligned for a moment of pure magic
>>
>>72197494
>>72197531
>>72197564
found it! its exclusively in the p4k documentary
>>
>>72197295
Literally everything.
>>
>>72197295
Don't post one of my fav albums on this board, please. Delete your thread.
>>
>>72197564
Elliott's the OG S A D B O I
>>
>>72197295
My man Steve
>>
AND IT SEEMED TO CAUSE A
CHAIN REACTION
*cue drums*
>>
>>72197376
If we're being serious
>LSD
is the most accurate...the record emits a certain unrepeatable, warm, magical aura. Wayne also gives insight in the Pitchfork Classic video, although said is never directly stated, it's obvious he is vaguely referencing an "external source" of inspiration. It is evident in his facial expressions when Wayne attempts to put it into words
>>
>>72198203
>psychedelics inspired psychedelic album
great investigative work, anon. really put the nail in the coffin with this one.
>>
Why do people like this SO much? Most of the sounds and 'instruments' came from a shit 90's Casio they would practice with..Yoshimi is so much more intricate, complete, unified, and genuine. Embryonic is a maximalist, free-form, crazy, no-bars-hold psych rock record.
The rest of their stuff isn't anything special. It just sounds like with this one, they weren't being themselves and instead were trying to impress critics by making it sound like Pet Sounds. This may as well be the most overrated album of all time IMO
>>
>>72198338
>Yoshimi is so much more intricate, complete, unified, and genuine
how
>>
>>72198516
It actually has well written songs, first off. TSB was simply the band making sense of the critical acclaim baiting sound they stumbled across. No-one even took the record seriously until about halfway through its completion.
Yoshimi is clearly an album built from the ground up by the band, and not them just going with what "sounds cool".
>>
>>72198605
>TSB doesn't have well written songs
Yoshimi and TSB are both Drozd at his best In fact, the songwriting is similar on both of them, but they ramped up the effects and amount of synths they used, rather than all the acoustic instrumentation they used on TSB (not a 90's casio, I don't know where you got that one).
>>
>>72198778
Every instrument you hear on the album that isn't drums, bass, or guitars, is artificial. They were shocked that such big sounds could come from (whatever the fuck it is they were using I don't remember)
>>
>>72198974
Where's you source for that.I know they used some idiophones and a pedal steel. And who cares if they used synths? If it sounds good, it sounds good. Besides, Yoshimi has tons of synths
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.