[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is music actually getting worse or am I just getting too old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Is music actually getting worse or am I just getting too old to enjoy modern trends? I feel like I haven't enjoyed any new albums since the late 00's with a few exceptions. Pic somewhat related but I'm not talking about him exclusively (I went on /r/indieheads and he's the first name I saw)
>>
File: 1486917563829.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1486917563829.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>I went on /r/indieheads
>>
>>72196570
48 years old here. I don't get these millennials' music either. My son probably browses this website. It's the music, man. It's gettin' worse.
>>
>>72196672
>48 years old here.
hello there mr crypt keeper
>>
>>72196570
isn't this guy just a meme?
>>
>>72196725
No he's handsome and I want his cum in me
>>
i feel the same esp with the rap genre. im only 25 but with few exceptions no albums have really touched me since like yeeus
>>
maybe try listening to music that isnt shit. i mean look at the guys picture, what did you expect?
>>
>>72196570
listen to these
>>
>>72196570
Come back in 3 hours and spend all your free time scoping out Coachella bands and if you hate them all you can say you are free to stop liking all new music.

I am 38 and can actually say I liked, Joseph, Grimey McGrimerson, Travis Scott, Mac DeMarco kinda, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is essentially as good at the classic rock of my youth and all bands with a cute female lead singer were okay.

I would have said Radiohead is the best but because of my age everyone is going to say I grew up with them and its lame.
>>
>>72196775
He gets allot hate here, but, Kendrick really did make one of the best albums of recent memory with TPAB
>>
File: kmc_intranethive_pt1-c.jpg (129KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
kmc_intranethive_pt1-c.jpg
129KB, 1000x667px
try to suspend judgment and just look at it 4-dimensionally.
you don't relate to it. that doesn't mean it's worse OR better than you.

i think a lot of artists nowadays are into copying superficial traits from records of the past, etc... but a deeper listen is sometimes required to find something that is trying to DO something new & useful.

maybe try to look to some people whose judgment & discernment you trust? what do they like that is new?
>>
>>72196570
>Pic somewhat related
You mean he's an exception and you enjoyed him or that he's part of the modern trend you don't like?
>>
>>72196873
ive been here since 2009... Kanye was memed the hardest of any artist in history of /mu/.
Back in the better /mu/ days hip hop threads would get no traction. /mu/ used to hate rap
>>
>>72196570
It's total shit
>>
>>72196905
part of the modern trend I don't like. I just mean the music that gets paraded on p4k and plays at music festivals and stuff. I can't get behind any of it
>>
>>72196836
Yeah good recs, I do like a lot of these albums
>>
>>72196920
Now /mu/ lubes their buttholes to accommodate rap artists. I don't get it. It'd like they all take Anthony Fantano's words as law. They've been meme'd
>>
>>72196570
i don't think that music is getting worse i just think i gets easier to spot the greats as time moves on, like if you look back as the early 2000s you can see the good music that was relatively unknown at the time i think this always happens you only relay see the "great" albums of a decade after that time is well over.
>>
>>72197132
hmm yeah that's a really good point
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 267x200px
>>72197120
bc this younger generation is kinda shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik
>>
>>72196570
There was a period of several years where music was consistently shit but this year and the latter end of last year have been fucking awesome for new albums.
2017 is the biggest year for music in a long time for me.
>>
>>72197120
To be fair, where I live, a lot of the white kids seem to really be into bluegrass, folk, and punk music. I'm in Washington state so there are tons of white people, but I think it depends on where you live. /mu/ is just like a sub reddit for Kanye, Death Grips, and Grimes but in the outside world there's a ton of different interests other than those artists. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not our job to protect music. We're not the gate keepers of good.
>>
>>72196570
>hasn't listened to nonagon infinity
>>
>>72196836
LMFAO are you fucking serious? Jesus Christ
>>
>>72198506
what are your favorite albums of the 2010s
>>
>>72196836
Nice list of anthony fantano recommendations.
>>
>>72198597
nice argument and nice list of recommendations
>>
>>72196570
It's getting worse.

Example: Crystal Castles and a whole lot heaps of indie shit at Coachella.
>>
>>72196570

there's really good music out there. the people who are in charge of discovering it and getting it to you are pushing political agendas instead
>>
ITT: cringe thread
>>
>>72196570
you'd understand

it's not evcen a betrayal. its somethihg else.
wordd s lose me
>>
>>72196836
these are pretty old
>>
>>72198719
That's not how it works
>>
>>72198824
still living it still hapening
>>
>>72196570
LMAO @ all u faggots circle jerking in here

Oh why can't people listen to pasty white boy folk???? I miss it when mu used to call rap c/rap!!
>>
>>72198824
are you kidding?
>>
Nigga hasn't even heard RTJ.

OP you gay.

Also, stop being so edgy
>>
I miss the comfy times of the mid to late 00s.
>>
lewronggeneration much?
>>
I think it's both. I'm basically in the same boat as OP, but lately I've started to grow out of music I was listening to in the late 2000s.
>>
>>72199637
you mean the duo that have been releasing the same music over and over for 4 years?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.