[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kendrick Lamar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_0370.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts on this
>>
>>72193440
I like it
>>
2 BAD TRACKS THE REST ARE GOOD
>>
I feel strange listening to Kendrick doing pop rap. But I'm liking it more and more each time
>>
>>72193440
no bad songs. his best work yet imo
>>
>>72193440
boring as shit. sounds like it came out 5 years ago
>>
>>72193440
8.4/10 according to my ratings

Puuttng in perspective

GKMC > DAMN. > TPAB > SEC80 > UU

More Life was 8.8/10

Still

Drake

MLF > NWTS >IYRTITL > TC > SFG > VW > TML

So

MLF > GKMC > NWTS > IYRTITL > TC > DAMN > TPAB > SFG > S80 > TML > UU
>>
>>72193698
this. It's like he didn't want to make the album he sounds so fucking bored, and the beats are dated as shit.
>>
>>72193440
It's nearly flawless and a fucking grower really is.
Also the replaybility is its best attribute, and kendrick made literally some of his best songs ever.
>>
File: 1491051675526.jpg (22KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1491051675526.jpg
22KB, 639x639px
>>72194281
This has to be a troll
>>
Very good overall. Liked it better than TPAB. A few dud tracks but some really great songs too. Thought Lust & Love were very good companion pieces and the biggest highlights of the album along with some of the bangers like DNA and Humble. Would give it an 8/10 all things considered.
>>
>>72194281
Ahhahaahhahahaahahahhahahahaha Scrubs like this browse mu?
>>
File: fuck you.png (17KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
17KB, 650x650px
>tfw used to love Kendrick

>tfw after the release of this mediocre album starting to realize he isnt that good

>tfw dickriders will love this album

How does this album even hold a candle to TPAB or GKMC? Even UU is better than this. People also cant seem to shut up about Kendrick and will eat up anything he shits out.
>>
It's alright. The baseline of track quality is pretty high, but TPAB and GKMC had higher 'highs' than this album does. There aren't that many standout tracks and track variety is sort of lacking. To me, it feels like if you've heard DNA., you've heard the whole album.

Then again, I have been replaying it near constantly since yesterday (listening to the whole album about three/four times and specific tracks), and it's a definite grower. I'd say this album needs a few months for a real, definitive opinion to emerge. Melon's gonna give it a 9/10 because he loves Kendrick, but I think that's stupid.
>>
>>72194388
can you post this in more threads?
>>
>>72194388
you're half retarded and you should be considered lucky that I caught you before you went full revisionist history on your own musical tastes

this being a bad album does NOT make GKMC and TPAB bad in retrospect. that concept is entirely fucking retarded. you don't knock points off of Low or Heroes just because Bowie also made Outside, right?

get a grip of yourself. It's not one or the other.
>>
>>72193440
Really really good. TPAB felt bloated for me and I would lose interest maybe halfway through. This has some variation and is banging
>>
I really enjoy this album, it's making me feel better on this sad sunny day.
>>
>>72193440
It had its DANG. moments. But it wasn't a DAMN.

I r8 DARN./10
>>
Flows better backwards.
>>
Love this record, the last 5 tracks are brilliant. People saying that they don't like it obviously haven't listened to it enough - the guy is a genius.
>>
>>72194874
>obviously haven't listened to it enough
am I allowed to not like something without being accused of being a tryhard or people saying I didn't listen to it
>>
WE WUZ ISRAELITES N SHIEEET
>>
>>72194304
Serious question, by dated do you mean not enough hihats and not enough bass boost?
>>
>>72194726
I'm feeling more of a DADGUMMIT./10
>>
>>72194354
>>72194339
You belong in youtube comments.
>>
It's definitely good, I just don't think it's 98 on Metacritic good.
>>
File: XXX_Danny_Brown.jpg (9KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
XXX_Danny_Brown.jpg
9KB, 316x316px
>titles his tracks xxx and DNA
owes danny brown some royalties t b h
>>
>>72195131
Now here's a question. Which DNA is better? Danny Brown's or Kendrick's?
>>
File: big_1466085864_image.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1466085864_image.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>72195158
probably danny's though they're both highlights on their respective albums
>>
>>72194354
Drake is better than Kendrick.

Stop acting like a fucking gay white teenagers who worships a fucking cringe bald youtuber.

DAMN. is good. Kendrick is big to hip hop. But Drake is bigger.

Get it.

Sing with me .

Slide,

Sliiide in the late nights
>>
>>72195325
Drake is trash desu, biggest disgrace to rap. Honestly has nothing on Kenny.
>>
>>72193698
yeah I hate that he isn't mumbling all the lyrics. like that's what's cool right now wtf bro!!
>>
>>72195325

savage
>>
TPAB > UU > DAMN > GKMC > 80
>>
>>72195325
I know you're (hopefully) trolling but please just fuck off and stick to trolling on facebook or youtube
>>
Thats the shit that i dont like
slide,
slide on the late nights
oooh

I can see un your eyes
youre angry.. .

Bounce that shit like whoa...

Cant have everything
cant have everything
but i own everything
more life
cant have everything
cant have everything
but i own everything
BUT foreal... you guys should literally be HUMBLE..

like BOY.. Drake been fucking Rihanna SINCE like 2009.... theres HARD proof of this...

whats so incredible imitating the BOSS and feature the lady (ex?) of the boy on your pop rap album?

COMMON, the Michael Jackson of hip hop Drake... Whats that? FACTS

Just to prove it... Dj Khaled will drop singles with Drake soon... man this is not even fair...

Why giving one hit? When you can give.... ANOTHER ONE

another one
another one

Swear to God, Drizzle Bear the Star Wars of Rap,

Best I Ever Had
Started from the Bottom
Hotline Bling
One Dance
Whats My Name?
Work
Dont Lie
Im One One
Headlines
Hold On Were Going Home
Controlla
Passionfruit
Portland
Right Above It
Stay Scheming
Take Care
Poetic Justice
Pop That
Money To Blow
She Will
Moment 4 Life

etc

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH

>>
>>72194304
>>72195018
The beats definitely don't sound dated, please elaborate on how they sound "dated"? Everything sounds fresh and crisp yet isn't overdone so things still sound raw and natural. And if you think there isn't enough bass get a sub because this album fucking bangs HARD.
>>
why Kendrick good at pop rap
>>
>>72195541
he's not, drake's good at pop rap. kendrick makes grand statements but you will probably get bored of it after one or two listens
>>
>>72195494
I haven't had a chance to listen to the album other than using some eh headphones yet because I've been away from home for a few days. Really excited to hear it in it's full glory soon.
>>
boring and a little derivative
its ok
>>
I think he raps as good as he normally does but the beats aren't doing him any favours
>>
>>72194388
yea this is his worst work it's just mediocre
>>
>>72195441
LOL NUMBERS CANT LIE MY NIGGA
FACTS NIGGA
I CANT EVEN JOKE ABOUT THIS AND IM NOT BASING ON SOME FORUM BS

FACTS NIGGA!

What you want? A lyrical battle? You thirst?

Kendrick obcessed with Drake. Why? Drake is hot since 2009. This run longer than Tupac, Biggie, Wayne, Kanye, Jay Z.

Facts.

He explicit ignores Danny Browns, Earl sweetshirt, Vince Staples and Chance the Rapper.

He knows Drake the Final Boss.

Rap Game commercial monopoly. This straight up facts.

I slap you in the face you call it trolling.

Kendrick my nigga. Hes like the onl one fighting the fascists. Hes real. Every clown is silently. Kanye and Jay Electronica, two corny balls motherfuckers.

Kendrick been real. But real talk.

He cant front a 0-100 and Stay Schemin Drake .

In 2018, i'll give you the summary .
>>
>>72195600
but Kendrick made good pop rap
>>
>>72194453
I agree with everything in this post except:

>i think it's stupid that someone likes this album and rates it independently of other works or opinions

spot on about everything else though
>>
>>72195541
because Pop Rap is good and an envolved version of pop music.

"Black Beatles" is the epitomy of the 21st Century music

Most influential music style

from Nelly, The Neptunes, Ludacris, Jay Z, Eminem, 50 Cent, to Kanye West, T.I., M.I.A., Black Eyed Peas, Lil Wayne and Drake
>>
>>72195682
your rhyme scheme is whack i hope drake doesnt ask you to ghostwrite for him
>>
>>72195746
I just get annoyed with Melon cause he really dickrides Kendrick. I understand and accept that someone can think differently than me, I just think he'll rate this album high just because Kendrick's name is on it.
>>
>>72195910
thats wasnt a rap lyrics but whatever,
so where u from bb, lel
you should keep supporting the streets imo
stream lupe fiascos album 24/7 just like me pkus stream these Spa eghosy prrp tapes dudes starvin literally on the streets stream nobody 2 of chief keef
dudes starving and suffering too
forgetten holy shit
>>
>>72195955
yeah this cringe bald fuck, atleast 9 most because hes gay and because its a "real hip hop" and "unorthodox 'experimental' beats" like the Piñata/Danny Bowse situation

hes world is so small i bet hes reading this thread,

fy pathetic nicknamies dumb thanos lol
>>
>>72195955
He rates Kendrick high because he likes Kendrick. If you like an artist, most all of their music will sound fantastic to you. It's not that hard to get.

Plus, it's not a bad album, it's solid. And a solid Kendrick is a well above average mainstream rap album. I'm not even a big Kendrick fan but I"m feeling an 8ish. Though, I can easily imagine someone who's really high on Kendrick's music realistically could give it a 9.
>>
>>72195131
can't copyright song titles moron
>>
Reversed beats like the Beatles. I make that comparison cos this is a really dope album. New classic for sure
>>
>>72196095
Don't make fun of me

>>72196096
>He rates Kendrick high because he likes Kendrick. If you like an artist, most all of their music will sound fantastic to you. It's not that hard to get.
I do get it, I was just explaining myself. I like the album too; I'm just more critical about it when the OP of the thread is asking what everyone thinks.
>>
>>72193440
It's not very good
>>
>>72194354
>Kendrick fan
>not a scrub
>>
>feat. U2
DROPPED
>>
>>72194281
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd
filtered
>>
>>72196174
i'll fucking kill you!!!! unless you gives certain 'artist' high score to boost le sales
right?
>>
>>72196416
What are you doing?
>>
>>72193440
nigger
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27KB, 645x773px
>>72193440
Why is it so hard for black rappers, or black people in general to reject the black identity? Kendrick Lamar is a "socially conscious" rapper who still talks and acts like a nigga, why is that?

I think MC Ride is the only black dude in "hip hop" music i know of who doesn't act like a stereotypical black person and also doesn't talk like one.

It's especially interesting since on this album Kendrick raps about rejecting the black identity, or giving it new meaning
>>
>>72195158
earl sweatshirt's
>>
>>72197097
he also speaks on how he's insecure in regards to black people's reception. it's not easy to just purge everything you've learned about being a person. I think Kendrick has done well in distancing himself morally, philosophically, but why should he have to change his dialect? this is how he learned to speak.
>>
>>72194388
>tfw mu is incapable of saying an album is just decent
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (48KB, 628x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
48KB, 628x328px
Best songs:
DNA
ELEMENT
LOVE
XXX
DUCKWORTH
>>
File: NJbd6gT.jpg (241KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
NJbd6gT.jpg
241KB, 980x1306px
>>72193440
Earls last 10min EP Solace is infinitely more interesting than this overhyped trite

Earls last 10min EP Solace is infinitely more interesting than this overhyped trite

>>
>>72193440
this is an 18+ board
>>
>>72193440
I still have the leak from the other day. Is the final official version any different?
>>
>>72193440
He done did it again
No bad tracks
Potentially my favourite of his
He is the GOAT con-fucking-firmed
>>
>>72193440
Garbage
>>
It's ok, lacks a lot of the structure that was common in Kendricks albums, more digestable, kinda "club bangers" oriented, his worst to date. I'll keep listening to some tracks though.
>>
>>72199442
leaked version is missing a couple of vocal samples and the outro to fear
>>
>>72195158
Kendrick is my favourite rapper of all time, but Danny's DNA is better
It's also the best or second best track on xxx imo, making it probably my favourite Danny track
>>
>>72194281
of all the sperm in your dad's load... you won?
>>
>>72194479
outside is actually a decent album m8
>>
>>72194479
Outside is one of Bowie's best albums desu
>>
Sounds like a Drake album, except for 2-3 songs
>>
Were the features as bad as anticipated?
>>
>>72199737
Rihanna actually sounded good t b h. Also XXX was pleasantly surprising
>>
>>72193440
love it
>>
>>72195105
Botw all over again lmao
but seriously, the score is going to drop lower, not significantly but it is definitely going to drop, there are many more reviews coming.
>>
It's perfect. I can't believe people who claim they like music that don't like this album exist.
>>
>>72193440
I'd rather listen to albums by the producers and musicians he works with (e.g. Kamasi Washington, Thundercat, etc). But DAMN is still a pretty good record.

Like all of KL's albums, he's smart enough surround himself will absolutely brilliant musicians and producers. So the finished product is pretty fantastic.

See also: Beyonce, Peter Gabriel, Sting, etc.
>>
File: 1492295527280.jpg (66KB, 900x440px) Image search: [Google]
1492295527280.jpg
66KB, 900x440px
lets settle this shit

Kendrick or Drake:

https://strawpoll.com/8549er9
>>
>>72200318
Anyone who votes for Drake is objectively an idiot.
>>
>>72193440
I'm feeling a light to medium 11 on this one
>>
>>72193440
>in 6th grade

>taking a shit during recess

>hear someone in adjacent stall babbling incoherently

>it's Kendrick Lamar!

>excited, try to get his attention

>he stops talking

>afraid I offended him

>he gets up without flushing

>suddenly hear banging on stall door

>THE DEVIL IS A WHITE MAN he bellows

>Kendrick Lamar kicks the door down

>WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABOUT THE STRUGGLE OF THE BLACK MAN

>he picks me up by the scruff of my neck

>WHERE MUH DAMN DUMINOES AT

>as he says this, Gil Scott Heron enters and begins to kick my stomach repeatedly

>start crying, shit is leaking down my legs

>they hold me by the ankles and give me a swirly in my own shit and urine

>Kendrick starts screaming

>WHAT DOES M.A.A.D. STAND FOR

>I sputter through the toilet water

>m-my angel is on a-angel dust

>WHAT DOES TU PIMP A CATERPILLAR STAND FOR?

>I’m almost drowning

>T-t-tupac

>he lifts me out of the bowl and screams in my face

>DONT LET ME SEE YOU AT MY CONCERT WHITEY

>he drops me. I hit my head on the toilet seat.

> pass out from the pain

>wake up in the principal’s office wet and caked in shit

>school principal is asking me to explain myself

>manage to stammer

>Yeah so I'm fucking done with Kendrick Lamar. Ever since GKMC dropped everything since has been progressively shittier. TPAB was definitely an interesting spin to modern rap, but there were only a few songs I could really get into. He's certainly talented, but I'm sure he'll end up going down the same road as Kanye West. Spiraling more and more out of control with each release.
>>
XXX is only gud track
>>
File: ooooooh.gif (1MB, 322x242px) Image search: [Google]
ooooooh.gif
1MB, 322x242px
>>72193440

Is anyone else entirely and unironically captivated by this album?
>>
File: 1 vLHUKaxlwk3xYpN6fpxDKQ.png (1MB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1 vLHUKaxlwk3xYpN6fpxDKQ.png
1MB, 700x1064px
The only track I really dislike is LUST. I dont mind LOVE or GOD, theyre not the strongest tracks but I dont dislike them, LUST though I really dislike.

Its still to early to say, but I think I might like it a bit better than TPaB, and I REALLY liked TPaB.
>>
>>72198742
>ELEMENT
one of the worst hooks ive ever heard. come on. even kendrick stans shouldnt be able to defend that hunk of garbage
>>
>>72194331
>and kendrick made literally some of his best songs
Lol have you seen the album credits list? It's Beyonce-tier.
>>
>>72200898
yes fuck. This album has layers. There has nothing else i listen to atm.
>>
i dont know why people are trying to discuss this album on /mu/
all you are gonna get is some of the most embarrassingly weak bait you have ever seen or "LOL ITS LIT SENPAI"
even fucking reddit is having better discussion
>>
>>72199443
>No bad tracks
>element
>yah
>love
>god

the rest are only okay at best

the beat on blood is great - wish he rapped on it
dna is tight, humble pretty good, druckworth is tight and some of xxx is tight
>>
Nice mellow bars. I like that he actually says meaningful stuff unlike popular mumble rap. But definitely not an instant classic like hardcore fans claim.
>>
>>72200976
its kendricks most surface level project. All these stans keeps going on about layers but cant explain what makes it so deep. guess what - it isnt
>>
>America, God bless you if its good to ya. America please take my hand, can you help me underst-

best track
>>
Why is this board so OBSESSED with nigger music
>>
>>72201022
This album has 2 stories, wickedness story and weakness story, listening to it in order 1-14 tells one story, while listening to it 14-1 tells a different story. In one he lives through FEAR, in another one he lives through RAP and dies on the street, becoming just another news story, hence why the order 14-1 ends with the BLOOD's Fox News sample. The cover shows 2 kendricks, a wicked red one, and a weak green one on the back. The reversed parts in the album are the hints of him telling us to "PUT IT IN REVERSE"

Either way, the title works, in his life, growing up with a father and living "right" he still FEARS, because when we die, we leave everything behind, even if you are living right, an act of kindness can kill you as simply as that, as we are constantly reminded "WHAT HAPPENS ON EARTH STAYS ON EARTH!"
even if he lives through RAP, the backwards order, he ends up dead in the street by an act of kindness, dying and leaving everything on earth all the same

That's the meaning of DAMN, from the word DAMNATION, that once we die we are cursed to leave everything behind.
>>
kdots best album yet
>>
>>72201059
go to bed geraldo
>>
>>72201059
I think you're going to like g-eazy. He has a different skin color more to your liking.
>>
is there a second album coming tonight at midnight? if so I need to be ready.
>>
LOVE., LUST. and GOD are the best tracks
>>
>>72195325
Drake may be bigger but Kendrick is better
Popularity ≠ Quality
>>
>the song with U2 is the lowest charting on spotify and itunes

Damn
>>
>>72200879
Kek
>>
>>72195491
Fuck off autist
>>
>>72201061
I kinda like this but there isn't enough parts that run backwards to support it
>>
>>72201208
it's enough if you play them in reverse track order, as in Blood is the closer
>>
Worst album from Kendrick. Its either good beats being drowned out by a whiny K-dot or its heavily produced inconsistent bad beats with solid bars.

I give it 6/10
>>
>>72201403
yep
>>
am I supposed to take GOD seriously? or is it mocking other rappers' style?
>>
>>72201514
NOBODY KNOWS
>>
sheeeit man, heard some beats that sounded like earlier outkast and some shit that sounded like ghostface. This is bumpin.
>>
>>72193440
I'm listening to XXX now and I only have good things to say about this album. There are very few tracks I don't like.
>>
>>72201514

It's him letting himself be happy with his achievements and understanding that he's done a lot. It represents him letting go and making an easy song about being content sometimes.
>>
>>72193440
BLOOD IS FUCKING GREAT. ANYBODY KNOW DA SAMPLE.
>>
>>72195325
niqqa I'd rather listen to fucking 21 Savage then fucking Drake, niqqa succs
>>
>>72193440

I really like it.
>>
>>72201061
wow, so what about the actual music?
>>
>>72201774
its good
>>
XXX is U2 going back to their Zooropa era (aka their most "out there" and last great album). I love it. No MOR stadium rock bullshit here.
>>
>>72201678
andy milonakis is better than drake
>>
>>72201886
What is this, an episode of talkin' kendrick?
>>
>WALK MYSELF TO THE COURT LIKE BITCH I DID THAT
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72201905
You popping my stones?
>>
>>72201851
>this is what kendrick stans actually believe
>>
>>72194339
good taste my nig but not the last part
>>
>>72201774
beats are incredibly enjoyable and Kendrick has one of the best flows in the hip hop genre right now.
>>
>>72195325
It's trips like you that makes me wish Antz was still here.
>>
>>72202477
Antz was hilarious. I've never seen somebody get so autistically worked up over fucking Blur, literally the most inconsequential 90s indie band.
>>
>>72197394
this
>>
>>72199341
No its not
>>
I've never heard of this guy before today but I knew exactly what his music would sound like, weird. All rap is shit btw
>>
>>72194281
>more life has a higher rating than damn
>nothing was the same has higher rating than damn and to pimp a butterfly
opinion discarded
>>
>>72200938
I think he's making fun of bad hooks that's why it's bad lol
>>
>>72200969
Lemonade was good you fuck
>>
>>72202998
Lemonade was ok
>>
if you dislike this labum and you talk to someone who does like it you've got a 50/50 chance of getting one of the following
>wow sorry if you don't get it I guess challenging music isn't for everyone lmao
or
>god why does everything have to be conceptual with you, just enjoy the bars senpai. Go listen to Tool you pretentious fuck
is it deep or is it simple? which is it?
>>
>>72203552
both actually
>>
File: IMG_7378.jpg (85KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7378.jpg
85KB, 750x1334px
>tfw PRIDE was produced on an iPhone by an 18 year old
>>
First impression was 7/10

after a few listens keeps getting better, probably 9/10
>>
I'd still say TPAB is better but I still love it front to back, the concept is lost on me though.
>>
File: IMG_20161021_232655.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161021_232655.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
is everyone listening to the official version or the leak? i guess the leaked version doesn't have all the vocal interludes/skits, and i can't find it anywhere. wiki has fear at 7 minutes 40 seconds but every version i have doesnt go longer than 7 minutes 2 seconds if that...
>>
>>72201927
he chipped it for a nigga threw the burner in his lap
>>
>>72201927
Kill someone because he "touched" or hurt his son/daughter/niece/mother/brother etc., then accept the consequences
>>
Whenever a black artist comes out with a conscious or political album people who disagree with what they say come out of the woodwork and start trying to convince others that said artist is talking bad about their own race.

Why?
>>
>>72199080
New Earlyman when
>>
>>72195158
Danny
>>
>>72194281
i don't know what this means
>>
>>72201059
it the new rock
>>
>>72204228
chance for epic bait and lulz with a hint of fear
>>
>>72204158
spotify bitch, you can't spare 5 a month for 320kpbs most any song except obscure house tracks and black metal, then I just download those
>>
Remove LUST.
>>
>>72204115
>tfw it's the only truly great song on the record
>>
I can't stop listening to LOYALTY. and LOVE.
>>
File: 1489348664482.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489348664482.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
"Commercial suicide" on propouse, this is calculated and well tought to be a big record, its nothing but BLM and victim complex stuff whit shitty artsy beats that sound more "mature" and "artistic", i just want another Piñata or Cuban Linx type of album, fuck political hiphop
>>
>>72197394
Bingo
>>
File: 1441756801211.jpg (1MB, 1800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1441756801211.jpg
1MB, 1800x2100px
>>72194281
>>
>>72204446
trap rap has been making shit like that since 2010, so get into that genre
>>
>>72193440
Pure niggery. Sucks dick.
>>
>>72204492
Trap rap is really dumb, Kendrick used to be really good, theres a middle ground and this guy is "too deep" for his own good, but you know, the white guilt and victim complex will make him "good" under any context
>>
Not a very good album
>>
>>72193440
he will never top to pimp a butterfly
>>
GIMME SOME CHA CHA
>>
I like it a lot I thought TPAB was awesome but felt forced, like he tried to jam too much shit into it. This album feels much more focused and authentic
I think I'm the only person that likes YAH though
>>
>>72204687
No I like it too
>>
>>72199495
gotta link to official? every one i dl is the leak
>>
Just curious, what kind of atmosphere does the album give you guys? GKMC always makes me feel like it's a hot summer day in the late afternoon. I'm still not sure about DAMN. yet though.
>>
LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE LEVITATE

oh wait wrong album
>>
>>72204687
I also really like yah
>>
>>72204687
RADARS ARE BUZZIN
>>
>>72197394
ding ding we got a winner
>>
>>72201061
Reach
>>
>>72204687
Yah is one of my top 5
>>
As a person that likes some of Kendricks songs (8 or so) , this album is oretty legit. I've heard all his music but this album has much more replayability. His lyrics are amazing, some of my favorite. Therr isnt a single bad track on this song which is great. As another anon said the basline "goodness" of each sing is pretty high.

Would rate 9/10. I like the style kf this album
>>
>>72194281
>He thinks More life was anything noteworthy
>He thinks NWTS is better than IYRTITL
>He thinks TC is worse than the firstm two

Holy fuck
>>
>>72205093
The album art is amazing
>>
>>72198742
FEEL
ELEMENT
DNA
HUMBLE is pretty good now that I listened to it more than once
>>
>>72197097
>waaaah why are black people black waaaaaaaaah
Why is it so hard for David Bowie, or white artists in general to reject the white identity? David is a "revolutionary artist" who still tacks and acts like a whiteguy, why is that?
>>
maad city > damn > TPAB
>>
>>72205196
I agree, with the conceit that damn is only a little bit better than tpab.
>>
I find myself skipping too much on TPAB and damn. maad city I can play straight through
>>
>>72205375
what do you skip on tpab. every track is pure gold imo.
>>
>>72201586
You just contradicted yaself
>>
>>72202987
>it's bad on purpose he's making fun of bad things

what kendrick fans really believe
>>
it's good but lots of people are gonna say it's really good or really bad and get mad at each other
>>
>>72204826
When I listen to the introspective, calmer songs of DAMN I think of a somewhat cool, cloudy, autumn day where it's about to rain. Don't know why.
>>
>>72205421
It's quite catchy and it's just him "flexing" for lack of a better word
>>
>>72205413

interludes, u, hood politics, then complexion through the end kinda runs together except for i
>>
second half of TPAB either has a whack beat, annoying hook, or too much screaming
>>
>>72200938

What? I like it a lot. My favorite atm
>>
imo, it's the worst an album can be...

forgettable
>>
File: lisa-su-amd-ceo-645x803.jpg (104KB, 645x803px) Image search: [Google]
lisa-su-amd-ceo-645x803.jpg
104KB, 645x803px
>>72194281
you have to be autistic to like MLF
>>
>>72193440
How the fuck does he just keep dropping 10/10's bros? This is the 3rd in a row and there's a chance he'll drop another 10 sometimes soon. It's just unbelievable bros, no one should be allowed to be this perfect.
>>
LOYALTY, PRIDE, and DUCKWORTH actually make me start to tear up.
>>
It's shit but he was drifting more towards GKMC instead of making an hour long fuck Drumpf, fuck da polis album which I was expecting and I think what the majority of his fans wanted.
>>
>>72193440
9/10 easy. Feel and element are fucking amazing, pride is great, yah is great, DNA is hot as hell. The album is Illmatic good. Instant classic.
>>
>>72194281
This is some troll shit
>>
File: 1472840900257.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472840900257.png
261KB, 500x500px
>tfw The Heart Part 4 is better than every track on this album
>>
>>72205999
nigga its been like 3 days how could you have possibly forgotten about it already
>>
File: 1490568010369.png (1KB, 302x112px) Image search: [Google]
1490568010369.png
1KB, 302x112px
>>72201891
>>
>>72199590
wow... game, set, match!
>>
File: IMG_8998.jpg (144KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8998.jpg
144KB, 1000x1000px
Damn is a great album but I'm tired of normoes reinventing history and forgetting that this album is much better
>>
>>72194281
(You)
>>
can't believe I wasted a freeleach token on this garbage

wow, its fucking awful
>>
>>72206115
10/10 troll
>>
Can anyone talk about how great PRIDE. is??
>>
>>72206638
REAL TALK. Most of these DAMNdickriders prolly haven't even heard this joint
>>
>>72194388
i agree with you completely. this album feels like shallowdeep garbage, especially if he doesn't release another album tomorrow. and even if he did, it'd still feel shallowdeep barring an insanely flawless track list.
>>
It's trash.

Vending machine garbage that you can get from any 'ol rapper
>>
>>72206374
>3 days
really technically the album came out "2 days ago" but really it came out a little over 24 hours ago...
>>
>>72206638
honestly my least favorite project of his. Id rank both OD and untitled over it.

Its not bad, its got some really great tracks. Ethnicity, hol' up, adhd, ronald reagan era, rigamortus. All solid tracks. But, it has the lowest lows of any of his albums. Its the most inconsistent. Like, No Makeup is maybe the worst song in kendricks catalogue. Keishas song, kind of a cool concept, but musically it does nothing for me. The rest of the tracks are either ok and forgettable, or sort of shitty. Just all around his weakest project.
>>
>>72206361
>muh 28 beat changes
I bet you looooooooved Nights didn't you anon
>>
>>72206839
Nah, I've listened to a lot of rappers, but Kendrick stands out.
>>
>>72201886
Yeah, it's clearly one of the best tracks on the album. I love it desu
>>
>>72206932
>>72201886
XXX - most underrated track on the album
>>
>>72198742
NO PRIDE? NO FEAR?
>>
Why don't you all like God? I found it pretty hilarious as it just sums up every brag song ever and it was done perfectly. If anything I feel like its one of the songs that has a pretty good longevity.

Modern Hip Hops version of 'We are the champions' imo
>>
can someone drop a zip
>>
>>72207014
To me it sounds like he's making fun of modern rap, bastardizing almost. Overly cliche. If that's what he's going for I get it I guess but for me I'd rather just listen to another YAH or LOYALTY caliber track
>>
>>72206115
he's ugly and short, that's what makes him imperfect in our social world.
>>
PRIDE. is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
Is it just me or does Duckworth remind anyone else of Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique?

Fucking God-like either way.
>>
which is best song?
>>
>>72207905
Similar story structure but that's nothing really unique. Sounds nothing like it
>>
>>72207941
all of them
>>
>>72194479
you don't knock points off Low or Heroes because of Outside, you knock points off Low and Heroes because of Blackstar and Lodger
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>72193543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSNTgWT2qU

FEEL. with me bros
>>
>>72206638
Obsessed over this album when it came out but since he's released new music, he's easily surpassed.
>>
>>72204446
what album did you listen to retard
>>
>>72194388
Idk mate I was on the fence about kenny but DAMN really elevated him in my mind and I think he's one of the best out there.
>>
>>72197097
Because he's appealing to niggers
>>
File: 1492124275672.png (383KB, 1051x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1492124275672.png
383KB, 1051x1920px
>>72194281
>>
GOD is easily the worst song on the album but I still like it. It just feels really unnecessary.
>>
>>72207780
gorgeous track
>>
>>72208377
AHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
>>
File: ChurBum.jpg (47KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
ChurBum.jpg
47KB, 790x395px
One of the highlights was most certainly, PRIDE. Moreover, conceptually, this album does set itself apart from the others, albeit ever so slightly given his evolution not only as an artist, but as a person also.

But let's be honest, if this album deterred from its Trap/ Pop-Rap production, y'all would've been saying some shit like:

>TFW this sounds like GKMC
>>
>>72208377
You feel some type of way...?
>>
>>72208394
I just wanted to see him do something way different
A ok computer -> kid - a transition of sorts
But maybe he's just not that type of artist or not time yet
>>
File: waterfox_2017-04-16_02-25-41.png (28KB, 534x423px) Image search: [Google]
waterfox_2017-04-16_02-25-41.png
28KB, 534x423px
my track ratings
>>
>>72208494
i rate it a (you) of (you)
>>
>>72208494

Imagine putting in all this effort to shitpost on a barely moving thread
>>
I bet once anthony fantano gives this a strong 9-10, everyones gonna start loving it and no disagreements will be had.
>>
I felt really unimpressed with the production on this album. The entire thing felt phoned in when compared to his other 3 albums.
>>
File: friggin fire was hot.jpg (358KB, 1600x865px) Image search: [Google]
friggin fire was hot.jpg
358KB, 1600x865px
>>72208494
>waterfox
>>
>>72208543
He's going to give it a 8.5 and everyone's going to lose their shit and burn him at the stake
>>
>>72208568
I feel the same way
Certain songs are well produced but then other parts just feel "unfinished"

Especially when put in comparison of his past 2 albums which were polished to God near perfection it just feels like not as much effort was put in this time around and it's throwing me off. If there really is a second album then that would make some sense but I'm doubtful.
>>
>>72208634
well one of the producers did say that this wasn't the official version
>>
>>72208593
Thats definitely possible, but considering thats the same score he gave untitled unmastered, a collection of kendrick b sides that were really good, and that he really liked humble, it's probably going to be higher than that.
>>
>>72208739
I don't understand his love for Humble. When it first dropped I felt really disappointed, especially after I enjoyed IV so much. Both the beat and flow are just so damn simplistic, it's so predictable beat for beat.
>>
Love is starting starting grow on me.
>>
>>72208796
I think that was the point, he made the beat and flow so simplistic because he was showing all these pop and mumble rappers how stupid they look by parodying them.
>>
File: 1489451401044.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489451401044.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>72208893
stop being mean
>>
You don't think he's actually wasting bars on taking shots at big sean right? I feel like that'd be the stupidest thing to indulge in, why waste a breath on that corny guy?
>>
>>72208893
You know. I feel he has appeal towards white and black which is pretty good considering a lot of rappers have one or the other. I don't have much to say on this statement but it just reminded me of how frustrated Tyler was that black people didnt fuck with his music.
>>
>>72208911
Agreed but with drake instead of big sean
>>
>>72208816
It's a good song
>>
>>72208816
i love driving around at night listening to this song
>>
>>72202998
>>72203318

Still haven't listened to it yet. Waiting for it to come to apple music. If not. Fuck her and tidal.
>>
>>72208935
Saying a rap artist doesn't have any black fans as an insult is silly.

So what? How does that make them a bad artist?
>>
>>72208568
Same here. I like the album overall but can't help but feel the production feels a bit simplistic especially when compared to his previous ones which had top-tier production work.
>>
>>72209029
I didnt say it was an insult but pointed out specifically tylers frustration over it in a number of his songs. Im sure I could make speculations on why they care so much about it but its not like they dont gain success from being supported by majority white fanbase.

Most of these new artists that are fucking garbage are living off white people which is good for them,good for white people who want some 'music', but a major thorn in black peoples ass.

Why do you motherfuckers love Uzi so much? Stop. Cmon.
>>
>>72205502
I feel the rain, too. PRIDE., FEEL., FEAR. especially. But not before it's raining. It is raining.
>>
>>72209245
How do they know the exact demographics streaming their stuff though?
What if its moreso a class thing and a vast majority of black people can't afford expensive concert tickets but middle class whites can?
>>
>>72195158
Who's XXX (ft U2) Is better:
DANNY. Or Kendrick?
>>
This album will divide the community, but you won't be able to tell because of all the shitposting anyway. Kendrick has proven fallible with this one, it's not a 100% masterpiece like his previous works and with any luck the kendrick hype will be a little more level-headed after the storm.
>>
>>72209374
danny all the way. that track was pleading for his life on audio
>>
>>72197394
Lol
>>
File: 1491029358802.gif (730KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491029358802.gif
730KB, 480x480px
someone post download of full version, thanks in advance.
>>
13 minutes until it's midnight in Compton
y'all better be right about this second album
>>
FEAR is the best song I've ever heard
>>
>>72193440
I thought it was pretty nice personally, though I didn't enjoy it as much as his other two overall.

Looking at the content itself though, while the backing arrangement is pretty straightforward (still more interesting than say...Future or any other mainstream rapper since the arrangements often tend to have smaller more subtle sounds that account for smaller more subtle changes in the music) so while I personally don't enjoy this very sparse take on production as much, I fucking love his rapping on this album as it's by far the most technical and variable he has even been in terms of flow/rhythm.

I think the more traditionalists type fans of hip hop are probably the ones that love this the most as a result of the fact that it's the rapping/flow/bars that really kill it this time around.
>>
>>72205502
That's exactly what I imagine. But for me that's how to whole album feel. Even on something like GOD.

Kendrick must have been genuinely depressed when he made this.
>>
>>72196258
give it a try trust
>>
>>72193440
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR??
>>
>>72197025
wow you did it!
>>
>>72209383
/mu/ is the only place I'm seeing this though. it's getting damn near unanimous praise everywhere else. even people I know in real life who aren't big kendrick fans like it.
>>
>>72209906
>/mu/ is the only place I'm seeing this though
4chan has a highly contrarian userbase
>>
>>72209925
yeah now that I read back I see he's only talking about /mu/ specifically. my b
>>
WHERE'S THE ALBUM?
>>
honestly I'm liking it more and more with every listen

DNA is the best track by far
>>
>>72204649
/thread
>>
>humble is the song of the NBA playoffs
last time kenny had a nba playoff song it was from GKMC. this album may sell decently
>>
>>72204649
No one will
>>
he will never top gkmc
>>
>>72200318
>A man pushing the art vs the man that couldn't care less.
HMMMMMM I wonder who will win?
>>
>>72210106
He already did with TPAB. He took two steps back with this album though.
>>
>>72210061
>humble is a song in a sport with some of the least humble people in the sporting world
do the NBA higher ups even know what Humble means?
>>
carti's tape was better
>>
>>72210476
>NBA (((higher ups)))
>>
>>72210476
yeah, the commercial is even tied in to players being humble. even if the players aren't really humble, all it takes is the media to portray them that way for people to believe it.
>>
>>72193440
better than TPAB, not better than GKMC, not getting any more listens from me though
i hate his voice and found myself focusing on the beats instead of him
rihanna's voice was a lifesaver
>>
File: 1490737906491.jpg (36KB, 593x490px) Image search: [Google]
1490737906491.jpg
36KB, 593x490px
>>72194281
>>
It's his worst album for sure but it's alright I guess. I only really like DNA and duckworth though.
>>
File: think.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
think.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>72194339
>>72194354
>>72196361
>>72199590
>>72202894
>>72205117
>Kendrick Fans dealing with a different opinion
>>
>>72210435
i beg to differ TPAB was a little to preachy compared to GKMC, it was still good tho
>>
THIS IS THE OBJECTIVE K.DOT RANKING
GKMC > DAMN > S.80 > TPAB > Pre-S.80 stuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UU
>>
1.GKMC
2.DAMN
3.SEC80
4.TPAB
5.UU( if you want to count that shit.)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170416-030629.jpg (416KB, 1057x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170416-030629.jpg
416KB, 1057x1344px
fandingo is about to drop a bomb on us boys
>>
>>72205547
>skipping THIS DICK AIN'T FREEEEEE
>>
>>72210687
i might be inclined to agree with this...except damn and section 80 reversed or equal
>>
>>72193440
Classic
>>
Everything after PRIDE. is GARBAGE

6.7/10
>>
>>72210752
>I'm feeling a light 10 to a strong 11, TRANS-
>>
>>72210752
>more going on
Does it? I haven't listened to DOAMN much but it feels more shallow than any other album, it doesn't even have a concept or story
>>
>>72193440

tpab>gkmc=damn>uu>s80

never bothered with overly dedicated
>>
File: new-18.jpg (209KB, 1187x1354px) Image search: [Google]
new-18.jpg
209KB, 1187x1354px
>>72193440
>Thoughts on this

OK quality generic modern hip hop. Nothing special, nothing revolutionary. Just a good work. Listened once, will forget about it soon.
>>
>>72210884
>it doesn't even have a concept or story
BAIT?
>>
>>72202987
this is argument is a meme. has to be bate
>>
>>72210986
>He "dies" in the beginning
Wow, then after that it's just a normal album. There's no concept.
>>
>>72210861
>HUMBLE
>XXX
>FEAR
>DUCKWORTH
>garbage
do you have ears m8?
>>
So the logical evolution from lush, funky, jazzy beats that was TPAB was barebone beats that sound unfinished on DAMN? Holy shit Kendrick is a fucking genius!
>>
>>72198742
DNA
YAH
ELEMENT
FEEL
PRIDE
HUMBLE
XXX
FEAR
DUCKWORTH

very good album overall
>>
File: 1492310693136.jpg (301KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492310693136.jpg
301KB, 637x360px
https://pastebin.com/ZTwJ8UCD
>>
>>72204687
YAH is top 3 on the album
>>
>>72211178
the album has an obvious central theme dude. go listen and read lyrics while you do
>>
File: the best.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
the best.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>72200898
Yes, I've been listening to it nonstop all weekend. I loved it first listen then I looked through the lyrics and I can't even contain my happiness. I was 17 when I listened to GKMC and i identified with the themes presented; it became my favourite album of all time for a year or so. After white people ruined Hip Hop for the next few years, Kendrick wasn't making music for himself, he had a responsibility to use his platform to address things I didn't really want to hear about. Now hes back to making personal music and I'm fucking sold, I'm gonna have to buy a hardcopy
>>
>>72211728
>After white people ruined Hip Hop for the next few years
>>
>>72209838
God he looks like such a fucking douche bag.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.