[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tool is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Tool_CD_Cover.jpg (280KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
Tool_CD_Cover.jpg
280KB, 1000x887px
I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest
>>
>>72185432
>soft rock
Have you not heard Opiate? Or Aenima?
>>
I think they're talented musicians but their songs are really edgy. You gotta admit though they've got some good songs.
>>
>soft rock dronefest

Pretentious metalhead detected, go back to your garbage disposal noises
>>
I tried to give them a chance cause I like Maynard as a person but it's been like 15 years an it's not happening.
>>72187735
ha you're such a fag
>>
Ignore the hype cause people that worship them like gods are idiots. Just like them as much as you want to and leave it there. They make good music.

I talked to a guy who claimed to be super spiritually aware and in touch with himself and at peace with the universe thanks to Tool.
He then proceeded to brag about the time he was down the coast doing cocaine, had like three hookers in the room and someone nearly fell off the balcony.
Fuckin moron.
>>
>>72187735
>>72186612
>they fell for the ancient copypasta
howdy reddit newfags
>>
File: 1492111104536.jpg (127KB, 476x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492111104536.jpg
127KB, 476x750px
>>72187803
Your the bigger fag
>>
>>72187854
>You fell for my copypasta reply
Hello 9gag
>>
>dude phrygian dominant lmao
>>
obsessive tool fans touting the "depth", "complexity" and "spirtuality" of tool kept me from listening to them for years. once i finally did i found out they were actually a surprisingly good rock band who weren't very deep, weren't very complex, and weren't very spiritual.
>>
>>72188233
It sounds like you just don't get it. Well not getting something doesn't mean that there isn't something there. That's a self-centered and narrow view. There are an endless amount of possible interpretations as to what it all means.

Are the interpretations way off from what Maynard intended? Or is the entire concept of interpreting the songs way off? Maynard may have a clear-cut meaning behind his lyrics; he also may have a meaning that is entirely what the onlooker formulates it to be. Each song could then be inspiration to delve into a serious topic for the interpreters.

Tool has inspired me to learn about life itself. Religion, spirituality, and philosophy are topics that enter into many Tool songs. These are some of the most important and rewarding subjects to study in life. Whether or not you are religious or spiritual, you cannot discount the affect these two subjects have had on humanity. The more knowledgeable we become about other people and their cultures, the more capable we are to understand other people and ourselves.
>>
The fact that so many books still name Tool as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” progressive metal band ever only tells you that progressive metal is a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the worst jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven worse than classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Progressive metal critics are never blinded by commercial success. Tool sold more than anyone else (100% true, by the way), therefore they are the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Metal critics are never ignorant of the progressive metal music of the past, they always know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Tool did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
Eventhough this is bait, i felt the same thing when listening to them.
Boring uninspired and just pain mediocre in my opinion.
Lots of people seem to really like it, but to me they seem like a nu metal bend trying to be pretentious.
Never when listening through their albums did i think, wow this sounds nice, or wow what nice musicianship.
Its not the genre either, theres a couple of really good metal bands out there.
>>
>>72188749
one of my fav pastas
>>
File: 1476289235467.jpg (879KB, 1295x1550px) Image search: [Google]
1476289235467.jpg
879KB, 1295x1550px
I feel like most of their later albums are actually pretty well composed, but most fans of Tool spout vapid nonsense and treat the band like a way of life.
>>
>>72188888
Fucking quints

Wtf i hate tool now
>>
>>72185432
Bad bait go away

>>72187803
>I like Morrissey as a person but I don't get why people like The Smiths
Die soon
>>
>>72185432
Surprised you didn't use the "le nu male xdd" meme
On the other hand Tool really is overrated. Poor man's prog. I'm not saying it's bad at all, but far from the perfectness RYM claims them to be.
>>
I hate the fact you can't like the band without being lumped with the rest of their fanbase's stereotypes and you can't dislike it without being called out for apparently not understanding the band. Honestly, they have some interesting songs. A bunch of them sound too similar though, but their best ones are really fucking sweet. It's been a few years since I've listened to them, but I'm keeping an eye on their new album progress.
>>
>listening to glorified nu-metal
>>
>>72188888
Yee, an ex's dad was into the nu shit and he told me Aenima was one of the best albums ever, listened to it and I already forget everything. Nice quints
>>
>>72189451
It's prog-nu :3c
>>72188888
The quints have spoken
>>
>Two albums in the last 16 years, one was great the other was very patchy despite the opinions of fanboys.
>ISIS were around for 13 years and put out 5 albums that were all deep, complex and very well received.

wtf is Tool even doing with their time? When (if) they put out their next album they will hold very little relevance in the music landscape and i doubt many people will actually give a shit, I've completely lost interest.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.