[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bono = God amongst men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: g-ent-121107-bono.jpg (1MB, 1008x1500px) Image search: [Google]
g-ent-121107-bono.jpg
1MB, 1008x1500px
>Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland, lost mother at 13 years old
>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork
>isn't a nigger
>single handedly made the American and British public view AIDS and HIV as diseases that deserve treatment and sympathy rather than a punishment for being a degenerate, something even Princess Diana failed to do
>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research, not Clinton, not Obama, George W. Bush
>wants to create a high fidelity and consumer friendly music format
>hated by Reddit
>hated by 4chan

This man is a god.
>>
>>72180133
shut up

bono is a shithead and u2 is the worst band of all time
>>
cool, now kids in africa can live longer while kids in the middle east are raped, killed, tortured and used as soldiers, thanks Bono
>>
Memes aside he might have a shitty personality but he is pretty patrician
>>
>>72180133
This post is wrong on so many levels. I'd dissect it only I'm on a phone.
>>
>>72180515
Go on, give it a shot.

You can break it down into different posts.
>>
>>72180515
Yeah give it a shot. Show us your autism.
>>
missed this pasta

thank you bonoposter
>>
>>72180133
this dude came out on defense.
>>
>>72180133
>>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>*leans back*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jeez oh man...

I bet you think U2 was post-punk too lmao
>>
>>72180539
>Go on, give it a shot.

>You can break it down into different posts.
>>72180573
>Yeah give it a shot. Show us your autism.

Challenge accepted, assholes.

>>72180133
>Bono = God amongst men
>>Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland ...
Middle class family upbringing, albeit in a working class area of Dublin. Absolutely nowhere near The Troubles of Northern Ireland.
>>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of
>the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
True, but not always critically acclaimed.
>>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
Yeah, they worked with HIM. Every album produced by Eno becomes an Eno album.
>>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
New Order, Giorgio Moroder, Gary Numan etc.
>>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
Ripped off Depeche Mode's 101 tour.
>>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
Ripped off Bowie.
>>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
Schmoozer.
>>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork
No argument.
>>wants to create a high fidelity and consumer friendly music format
Disband U2 then.
>>
fuck bono
>>
File: KanyeShrug.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
KanyeShrug.gif
1MB, 500x280px
I thought he was going shit up that one track (XXX) on DAMN. but it's actually my favorite track of the album, so he's ok in my book for right now.
>>
i unironically enjoy u2's music and there's NOTHING u can do to stop me LOL!!!!!!
>>
File: 1445644251501_2.jpg (134KB, 426x765px) Image search: [Google]
1445644251501_2.jpg
134KB, 426x765px
Seeing all these children spout that revisionist meme started by South Park just proves they're the ultimate pleb filter.
>>
>>72180515
Cmon dude shoot me with your load already.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.