[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the Kurt Vonnegut of music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fatherjohn4.jpg (216KB, 745x745px) Image search: [Google]
fatherjohn4.jpg
216KB, 745x745px
Is he the Kurt Vonnegut of music?
>>
Papa John Misty is the Papa John's Pizza of music.
>>
he's the frank zappa
>>
>>72180042
cringy pseudo intellectual for cringy white males? yea
>>
>>72180061

I thought Captain Beefheart was the Frank Zappa of music
>>
>>72180071
Numales*
>>
>>72180071
can someone /lit/ recommend authors in the same vein as Vonnegut that aren't meme factories
>>
>>72180042
he's the Kurt Vonnegut of annoying interviews
>>
>>72180833
Im out of the loop but whats with the praise for Captain Beefheart and shitting on Zappa? Just elitism cause their somewhat similar?
>>
>>72180042
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>72180071
Breakfast of Champions is the ultimate pleb filter
>>
the kendrick lamar of indie
>>
>>72180042
MY SMILE IS STUCK. I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAND
>>
I like the tunes on this album but the lyrics feel like Louis CK doing another bit on teenagers or phones or something.
>>
>>72180042
considering ending a friendship of 15 years 'cause i found out he is dumb enough to like this utter garbage
>>
>>72181156

tbqh I didn't know that was a thing. They're both edgelord autists imho
>>
>>72181924
>Caring this much about what your friends listen to in their spare time

Lol what a loser
>>
File: 1331802003739.png (256KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1331802003739.png
256KB, 500x375px
>>72182156
>he likes utter garbage
>>
>>72182109
saw a few comments on /mu/ implying beefheart was a better version of zappa, so I was wondering why.
I like a few zappa songs, not a big fan of either though
>>
>>72182496
They're both kinda weird and they knew each other as well. Zappa produced Trout Mask Replica and kinda helped kickstrat Beefheart's career. They also did a tour/live album together which ended with them on kinda bad terms.

Stylistically they're quite different though. Beefheart is Avant Garde/Blues Rock and Zappa is Jazz Fusion and all sorts of other weird shit.

As a huge Zappa fan I'd recommend Overnite Sensation to you.
>>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

*sniffs*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
What's wrong with Kurt Vonnegut?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.