[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/'s opinion on the smiths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20170414_193506.png (2MB, 1440x1449px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_193506.png
2MB, 1440x1449px
/mu/'s opinion on the smiths?
>>
whiny nu-male shite
>>
Yeah, very much so. Yes.
>>
Meat Murderer > Strangers to Ourselves > The Smiths > The Queen Is Dead
>>
better than The Cure
>>
My favourite band people call them depressing ignoring that a lot of their stuff has a dry sense of humour and This Charming Man is one of the best party songs ever
>>
They make some bomb shit probably but I can't fucking stand Morrisey's voice so I guess I'll never find out
>>
>>72176564
one good song
>>
>>72176564
greatest band ever
>>
>>72176616
fpbp

ive listened to 3 of 4 of those those albums op, trying to understand the appeal, and I can't. it's chick music
>>
Morrissey legitimately sounds like a whiny faggot every time he opens his mouth. I like the songwriting but I can't stand him.
>>
>>72180259
half of the people on this board (and 4chan in general) are whiny gay trap-lovers it's not really a surprise so much they're praised here.
>>
>>72180259
>chick music
Hope you graduate elementary school soon, anon
>>
>>72176841
...Uh, little too short for that, dontcha think?

>>72176616
fpwp
>>
When I was a whiny high school virgin, I was so happy to have The Smiths. It was like Morrissey got me, and his lyrics totally related to my life!

Now that I'm long out of high school and no longer a virgin, I still enjoy The Smiths, but now I laugh along with the dry humor of the lyrics. Overall, great musicality from the band, but Morrissey's gay voice gets grating after a while.
>>
Johnny Marr is probably my fav guitarist ever, so I can't hate the smiths. I love their songs and lyrics, though Moz is a bit of a prick
>>
>>72176645
so glad nobody took this bait
>>
>>72176564
Don't buy the vinyls they sound like trash
>>
File: johnny-marr.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
johnny-marr.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
>>72176564
Johnny Fucking Marr is a god among men
Morrissey is a whiney cunt
>>
>>72182597
agreed, I get tired of morrissey but johnny marr's tone is great. recently learned he tours with modest mouse occasionally, makes sense given their sound.
>>
>>72176564
one of the best, if not the best, in the jangle pop/twee pop/c86 genre
I don't mind morrissey's voice/have heard worse
>>
>>72181206
you just did
>>
>>72181405
>vinyls
>>
Shame that Morisseys solo work is embarrassing
>>
>>72176564
One of the all time greats
>>
Queen Is Dead > Meat Is Murder > Strangeways, Here I Come > ST

feels good to be right, as pleb as it may be
>>
good music to drink yourself to sleep alone
>>
The Queen Is Dead > The Smiths > Meat Is Murder > Strangeways, Here We Come

And some great material not on those albums as well
>>
File: homepage_large.90f48bbc.jpg (87KB, 319x308px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.90f48bbc.jpg
87KB, 319x308px
>>72188100
Nope
>>
the only band that i listened to when i was a teenager and wasnt completely disgusted with when i got older
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.