[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder to newfags that these are not the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: JTlci8p.jpg (265KB, 1584x962px) Image search: [Google]
JTlci8p.jpg
265KB, 1584x962px
Friendly reminder to newfags that these are not the greatest albuns of all-time, that /mu/ is not an authority on music, and most people that post on this board are nothing but young hipsters that are still blinded by its times and its prejudice, just like those in Reddit. They may have better taste than Reddit, but they are still only hipsters
>>
File: we can only dream.jpg (977KB, 1502x2411px) Image search: [Google]
we can only dream.jpg
977KB, 1502x2411px
>>72174466
def not the greatest but theyre a good starting point
>>
File: harry.jpg (16KB, 233x232px) Image search: [Google]
harry.jpg
16KB, 233x232px
>>72174466
haha, friend you seem like you don't understand how good we are at music listening!
Why don't you try seeing how we have to say? how good our opinions are?
you may just pick up a thing or seven ;^)
>>
>>72174543
>no Since I Left You or Hospice
>retarded pink square tinnitus album (that no one remembers) is on there
You failed.
>>
>>72174543
>still falling for the Neutral Milk meme

Seriously, why do you rate an album that is just a guy sceaming over some good songs so highly!?

There is a reason why Untitled is the best song of the album
>>
>>72174622
>hospice
>muh cancer, so sad :(
Ok
>>
>>72174622
hospice is pseudo sad hipster depression garbage

fishmans should be on there
>>
>>72174466
You're right. That doesn't stop me from having /mu/core in my chart though. I've slimmed the amount down heavily however. Of all the shit on here >>72174543 and >>72174466
I only have ITCOCK, Loveless, Illmatic, Endtroducing, and Spiderland.
>>72174543
/mu/core albums are a great starting point, imo. What I did was I listened to a wide array of what was considered "good" to have a base understanding of the wider world of music I didn't know, then after that get deep into my preferred genres (Shoegaze.)
>>
>>72174648
NMH was catapulted into permanent meme status years ago, no use in getting upset
>>
>>72174648
>Seriously, why do you rate an album that is just a guy sceaming over some good songs so highly!?
You can literally reduce almost any album to some guy screaming over some good songs.
>>
>>72174767
There is a difference between screaming, like NMH did in Aeroplane Over Sea, and actually singing with a pleasant voice
>>
>>72174839
It's not traditionally pleasant, but I think Mangum's got enough talent combined with the instrumentation on the album to make his voice feel very comfortable and warming.
>>
>>72174839
And there is also a middleground.
>>
>>72174942
Comfortable!? Madmen sounded like having just been raped by Terry Crews!
>>
>>72175001
Yes. We call her Patti Smith
>>
>>72174839
There's plenty of albums of some guy singing over some otherwise good songs, and some of them are pretty boring, even if not outright bad.
>>
>>72174466
Loveless is one of the greatest albums of all time though, and most of the others are at least pretty good
>>
Why isn't The Mollusk /mu/core?
>>
>>72174622
>pink square
You failed.
>>
>>72175391
because it's garbage
>>
File: mucore.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
mucore.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>72175391
It is
>>
>Meme grips
Mu is a joke
>>
>>72176120
Has anyone done an update on this for 2017?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.