[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually unironically like Joy Division? Every song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: trash.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Do people actually unironically like Joy Division?

Every song is the same suicidal shitfest, with dull instruments and vocals.

Am I being memed on?
>>
>>72164879
Nice fake cover.
>>
yes you're being memed on
this one album was constantly praised by critics and listeners alike since its release so people like you can listen to it and go "this wasn't that good"
sorry you had to find out this way
>>
No, you're not being memed on. You really are that much of a pleb.
>>
>>72164879
joy division is trash but new order is fantastic.

it's the same band but without the whiny lead singer and dull music
>>
>>72164879
Never liked:
>Joy Division.
>The Cure.
>The Smiths.
>>
>>72164912
This anon knows
>>
1st song good
rest is meh imo
>>
It's ok OP I grew out of hating Joy Division. You'll get there
>>
Yes. It's not you who's wrong. Everyone else is just pretending to like it.
>>
The Smiths are better desu
>>
Joy Division is my favorite band AMA reddit
>>
>>72164912
imagine being this much of a desesperate pleblord
>>
Theyre overrated but still good. Unknown Pleasures is good, jsut another over hyped album by posers so it gets a bad wrap

generally anything people cling to for status gets a bad wrap
>>
>>72164904
underrated post
>>
>>72164879
They're okay. New Order is way better.
>>
>>72164879
Yeah, their music is for edgy homosexuals, but considering that is literally /mu/, you aren't being memed.
>>
wtf I hate Joy Divison now
>>
People here unironically like Father John Misty and don't "get" Joy Division.

This board is about music as memes and styles, literally has nothing to do with actual music so please don't try to "get" anything by asking these folks.
>>
>>72164879
Joy Division is for young people rediscovering some shit like Arctic Monkeys and The Smiths
>>
Only for the dank memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs
>>
Transmission is the shit. If you like any post punk, you should like that one. Some of their non-album stuff is the best place to start.
>>
>>72164879
just move on and stop being a crying cunt big pussy
>>
>>72164904
>>72164912

these
>>
Closer is better.
New Order is better.
Ian was a decent bloke.
>>
>>72164912
This, you either become patrician an know that Joy Division are overrated garbage and New Order are far better, or you get memed by the meme of "synthpop is for faggots lmao".
>>
>>72164879
Closer is really the album you should listen to first. Unknown Pleasures can sound minimalist in a bad way because they REALLY don't try to play their instruments well throughout most of it.
>>
Unknown Pleasures is overrated but Closer is the best dance album out of JD/New Age
>>
File: aifl7big.jpg (220KB, 1414x1441px) Image search: [Google]
aifl7big.jpg
220KB, 1414x1441px
Friendly reminder that Joy Division were at their best when they were a straight up punk band.

Try an ideal for living or the Warsaw stuff they did if Unknown pleasures and Closer doesn't work out for you

Glass has one of the sickest basslines ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55MK7oemME
>>
It's perfectly fine if you don't like it. But just because it does nothing for you doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>72164879

You just don't like post-punk that's fine

To bad tumblr ruined this LP
>>
>>72164936
this guy gets it

american post punk > british post punk
>>
>>72169243
How did tublr ruin it? Did they destroy all original copies of it and take them out of circulation on the inernet so now the only ones available are altered versions?
>>
File: 1485354313275.jpg (60KB, 788x611px) Image search: [Google]
1485354313275.jpg
60KB, 788x611px
>>72164879

It's prob the biggest tragedy that this album got so famous among high school angsty tumblr cucks

album so great but much like allot of things it got ruined by the internet, teenagers and commercialization

You just don't like darker themed music and that's perfectly fine
>>
Jesus Christ you people try so hard. New Order is great, but Joy Division was better. Both of their records are distinct, tho I'm partial to Closer as it feels like Hannet really got to flex and fully form his aesthetic. And elevated the material to a higher level.

Ian was a brilliant and distinct writer who, with Hannett and the brilliance of the band behind him, crafted two records that are elevated, watershed works of art.

New Order is great, but you fuckin jerkoffs need to settle with reality, there's nothing like Joy Division at their peak.

Op, sorry but you need to put in some work and get on the fucking level.
>>
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A GUIDE TO COME AND TAKE ME BY THE HAND
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.