[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will /mu/ provide me some comfy-core records ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sregserg.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sregserg.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Hi my /mu/guys. I'm searching for good ambient/post-rock records to put in background while i'm reading in bed.

2 things:
- Need to be calm and quiet enough in order to put it on my speakers while everyone on the neighbourhood is (legitimately) sleeping
- Need to be consistant enought musically speaking to keep me entertained when I focus on it between two pages (/!\ please no pure ambient music without genuine melody)

Some perfect examples:
> Talk Talk - Laughing Stock / Spirit of Eden
> Bark Psychosis - Hex
> Labradford - Mi Media Naranja
> Bohren & der club of gore - Sunset Mission
> Fishmans - Long Season
> David Sylvian - Secret of the beehive
> Coil - Musick to play in the dark

tl;dr comfy ambient post-rock to relax in the night. THANKS A LOT TO YOU /MU/
>>
For stuff that sounds like those:
Earwig - under my skin I am laughing (just discovered this and fucking love it)
Hologram - Hologram + (this one's hard to find so here's a link: http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/1WY4FQrl/file.html)

For really sleeping:
Sleep Research Facility - Deep Frieze
Robert Rich - Somnium
Grouper - AIA: Alien Observer/Dream Loss (any of her releases, really)

Other chilled out stuff I've been into lately that you might dig:
Vladislav Delay - Anima
Oval - 94 Diskont
Ichiko Aoba - 0, Kamisori otome
Melanie De Biasio - Blackened Cities
anything by Fennesz
>>
One more thing
The pastebin from the sharethread pasta (https://pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ) has a link for essential 90s post-rock, go through that for some good stuff
>>
>>72164409
Thank you. I checked the first Hologram song and it's basically an embodiment of what I was looking for lol. I'm currently searching for Earwing.

Concerning your "For really sleeping" part, I'm afraid it'll be a bit to "calm" for what I'm looking for, but I'll check Grouper at least cause she's apparently great.

Vladislav Delay, Melanie de Biasio and Ichiko Aoba look interesting, I'm worried it'll be a bit to folk though ?)
I know Oval and Fennesz, the first one is not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll check Fennesz further cause I'm not really familiar with him.

And finally, I'm currently browsing the last link you posted, I found folder you mentioned so I guess I'll have to explore it lol. Anyway many thanks to you again !
>>
>>72164242
> Labradford
my negro
>>
>>72164664
Well yeah it's great but do you have some recs ? lel
>>
>>72164682
The Necks
>>
All Hammock's discog basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd1z3JeNxUY
>>
>>72164242
Stars of The Lid would be right up your alley.

Their work is a mix of drone, minimalism and krautrock-y ambient that generally sounds like breathing. The melodies are dreamy and kind of meld together but they're definitely there.
>>
>>72164727
Ok I'll try, never did cuz of the format - 1 song per album (what a fucking pleb I know)

>>72164824
Any particular album you recommend to start ?
>>
>>72165013
My personal fave would be Departure Songs (but I also love Kenotic).
>>
Some of Rest You Sleeping Giant's stuff is pretty comfy. He's posted in the BC threads a few times before.

https://restyousleepinggiant.bandcamp.com/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.