[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious. What do you think of Alt-J here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: logo.png (100KB, 365x582px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
100KB, 365x582px
I'm curious. What do you think of Alt-J here?
>>
>>72153167
Alt-Jright
>>
Pretty bad
>>
>>72153194
I'm surprised. Yes they have some pretty bad songs and then they have these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkuveBPhkII
>>
I kinda have a a soft spot for them because An Awesoem Wave was the first album I listened to that made me realize the important of listening to full albums back when it came out.

I still like that album very much even though their second relase was pretty boring. I am antecipating their new album though, the singles have been great.
>>
Not as good as their fans think, but not as bad as their haters think.
They are the last call for mid-2000's radio friendly English indie-rock, think The Kooks, Razerlight, Babyshambles, The Ordinary Boys and their ilk, that had their music everywhere but made no cultural impact, making music that you would never listen too on your own, but you would never complain if someone put it on.
>>
>>72153167
Utter trash
>>
>>72153563
>that had their music everywhere but made no cultural impact, making music that you would never listen too on your own, but you would never complain if someone put it on.
That's a great definition of radio friendly bands like indie rock bands
>>
>>72153167
they're solid, alt-J actually has a sound of their own
>>
>>72153167
i would listen to them if it wasnt' for their awful vocals
>>
>>72153167
the first two tracks of their upcoming album might be the best two tracks they've ever made, so i'm pretty excited for it
>>
>>72153563
i agree with all the bands you posted, but not alt-J. they're not doing anything groundbreaking, but they're way more distinct and interesting than The Kooks. I dont think they're gonna go down in history books, but they'll probably be remembered more like Teenage Fanclub than The Kaiser Chiefs, in my estimation.
>>
>>72153167
Reddit: the band

But I actually like some of their music, though.
>>
>>72153240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw
>>
Had some promise but then got worse with each release. Also one of the few times where I agree with all the p4k reviews about them
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.