[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drone Metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0786.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
Reccomend me some good drone metal. Lately I've been enjoying the obvious ones... Earth, Sunn O))), Melvins.
>>
>>72147503
check out khanate theyre the best
also fulci
>>
>>72147520
thanks

also i know i spelled recommend wrong
>>
>>72147503
bong is the most listenable of the really drony drone metal bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sh3ZDAbdto

also worth checking out are:
black boned angel - the end
elu of the nine - s/t
monarch! - omens

also if you like sunn O))) most of stephen O'malley's side projects are really interesting although a lot of them have little to do with the metal part of drone metal
st francis duo - peacemaker assembly
teeth of lions rule the divine - rampton
o'malley/ambarchi/dunn - shade themes from kairos
ÄÄNIPÄÄ - through a pre-memory
>>
>>72147645
what is the least listenable (to you) of the "really drony drone metal bands"? I already love Bong, Boris, Melvins, Sunn O))), and Earth. Anything deeper?
>>
>>72147681
desu i don't really know much drone metal cause everytime i try to explore the genre i find a bunch of bandcamp trash that's boring as hell. as far a s bad drone metal albums i remember black boned angel's previous album to the end was stunningly dull

ooh i just remembered if you like earth's non drone metal stuff check out Avgrunden - Det stora oväsendet it's not super similar but it gave me a sorta similar feeling and it does lean towards drone metal to a degree

also you might want to check out rose kemp - the golden shroud, i wouldn't call it drone metal but a lot of people seem to use the term as a catch all for slow weird metal influenced stuff like boris or the angelic process and afaik i have a rather militant definition of drone metal. anyway rose kemp is really interesting and i think you might get into the album
>>
>>72147857
Oh, I didn't mean least listenable as bad, I meant most "drone", like as much drone as possible. Nice recs though. Although you have a very militant definition of drone metal, you can at least concede that Absolutego is drone metal, right?
>>
>>72147899
>you can at least concede that Absolutego is drone metal, right?
it's been a couple years since i last listened to it cause for whatever reason i never get around to listening to boris so i really have no idea
>>
What's the appeal of drone metal?

I'm trying to get into it or at least understand why people like it but everytime i try to listen to it i get bored after 10 minutes
>>
>>72147984
do you listen to Swans or Brian Eno's ambient stuff at all? I enjoyed those things before really listening to drone and I think it sorta helped me appreciate it more. Personally I just like how drone metal encapsulates you in sound and pushes things to their limit, minimalism and maximalism at once.
>>
>>72147984
it's hypnotic, you gotta get into the guitar tone and just enjoy that
>>72147899
>I meant most "drone", like as much drone as possible.
oh, right. that elu of the nine album gets pretty monotone. although desu earth 2 is still one of the more droney that's still really metal most of the super droney stuff i've found borders on noise. you might like some of the HNW/funeral doom splits they are sorta similar, try Dead Body Collection / Persistence In Mourning – Ritualistic Reanimation
>>
>>72148042
>>72148042

I really enjoy Swans, my problem with drone metal is that i find it interesting the first 10 or 15 minutes and then my head just starts to hurt from hearing the fuzzy guitar tone, I have only listened to Earth so far, is there a better entry tier band?
>>
>>72148122
>is there a better entry tier band?
yeah bong has nice stonery sitar noodling and a bit of percussion so there's a little more to latch on to, plus they tend to have more structure to their songs
>>
>>72148122
Start with Amplifer Worship by Boris, it's pretty droney but still moves.
>>
>>72148209
>>72148182
Will check them out, thanks anons
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.