[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your local music scene like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 27

File: Indie rock show.jpg (174KB, 615x814px) Image search: [Google]
Indie rock show.jpg
174KB, 615x814px
What's your local music scene like?
>>
>from baltimore md

pretty boring desu nothing good comes out of here really.
>>
I went to one DIY show and saw a sign that read "No Sexism, No Racism, No Homophobia Allowed"

I didn't return
>>
bunch of sad memers
>>
File: j.jpg (17KB, 242x304px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
17KB, 242x304px
>>72147178
Yeah, fuck them for not allowing me to be an asshole
>>
>eastern Iowa
pretty much exclusively hardcore bands

though if ya go to iowa city there are also oodles of indy bands
>>
dead
t.arizona
>>
Every band sounds the exact same and everyone dresses like Mac DeMarco wannabe.
>>
>Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada

It sucks, even hyped bands like Japandroids, or White Lung are just shitty wealthy, progressive Liberal hipster fodder.

There are are a lot of experimental guitar-based shitty bands here that sound exactly the same, and suck really badly.

Hiphop as well, but again, they suck really badly.
>>
>>72147126
south Chicago suburbs is mostly pop punk from what I can tell, though there is much more going on in the city itself
>>
>>72147312
San Diego?
>>
>>72147322
Im from victoria and its pretty much the same here unfortunately :(
Shitty indie punk, shitty "experimental" indie rock and honkeys from the wealthiest suburbs in the city making trap music.
>>
>>72147126
Indie music. Lots of it.
>Seattle
>>
Toledo, OH scene is big on Jazz and Country, plus small pockets of metal and punk
>>
Denver CO

>lots of "Midwestern emo" bands
>REALLLLY shitty really huge punk scene
>soundcloud rappers all hoping to follow the same route as XXXTENTACION
>Everyone dresses like mac demarco or wears bape hoodies and jordans
>>
struggling
>>
>South Florida

A total joke. Just hung it up after 25 years.
>>
philly still has a decent emo scene
>>
File: creepyeel2.jpg (46KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
creepyeel2.jpg
46KB, 1024x768px
>>72147126
full of this bullshit everywhere
https://apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough
>>
Not bad at all. Living in the Boston area going to go see a techno show tonight. Venues for just about everything here
>>
>>72148283
hi neighbor
>>
>>72148147
although there are like a solid 5 acts that are p good
>>
St. Petersburg FL

>literally nothing
>one barely good band that I never have the time to catch live

painless methods of suicide, lads?
>>
>>72148323
>>72148305
>>72148283
hi neighbors
>>
There was a scene of experimental psych bands for a while here but it seems to have died down in recent years and I haven't really payed much attention to what's currently going on.
>>
>>72147126
Netherlands here
It's shit
>>
File: 1475680563685.jpg (2MB, 1576x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1475680563685.jpg
2MB, 1576x2000px
This is now a Florida thread
>>
Sonora,Mexico.
Psychodelia and surf punk. They are not soooo good but at least they know how to play their genres
>>
>>72147337
North Chicago is pretty varied. Ive seen some folk-punk and grindcore acts last time i was out
>>
>>72148378
Agreed, fuck Miami, 4 Rivers is the best restaurant in America, key lime pie is amazing, fuck New York tourists, and all the music is shit (except for Cynic and Assuck)
>>
File: 145.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
>>72147163

>also baltimore, md.
>playing show in garage tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY9c8C3incg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>72148305
>>72148340
Amirite, or amirite?
>>
>SoCal High Desert
Few punk bands. Some shitty, but there are a few good acts. Other than that a bunch of shitty metal, and buttrock. I sometimes go up a little north, and catch some emo bands. Most are "Midwestern", but there's one really good garage/lo-fi group.
>>
>>72147126
>Ecuador
I´d say it´s actually pretty great. There´s thriving independent scene in the capital Quito, and in the largest city, Guayaquil though most of the good bands are in Quito. Most of the artists play various styles of rock.
These 3 are my favorites:
Da Pawn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsHdP8KhYhM
La Máquina Camaleón:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5fVSB1fgmA
Alkaloides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UIXe4wAgyA
>>
About as alive as the Kony movement
>>
File: GhentRaketkanon.jpg (19KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
GhentRaketkanon.jpg
19KB, 300x180px
Ghent, Belgium
one of the "Unesco cities of music", if that means anything. Tons of venues, initiatives for beginning bands, great festivals, most of them free. Recently the hype has been shifting from noise bands towards more experimental drone/ambient projects with lots of great labels coming up. On any given night, I can leave my place and go to at least 15 free concerts within a 2 mile radius. Can't complain.
Moved here from France so it's a nice change.
>>
>>72147126
Portland Oregon
Surprisingly a lot of death/heavy metal
Fuck ton of indie bands trying to be the new shins too
>>
>>72147207
I don't think that's the point. It's just a sort of indicator of absurd pretension and meek pussification. I get the whole PLUR, P.M.A, Treat others how you'd like to be treated concept, but some of us don't have the mind of a 3rd grader and don't need signs enforcing what words or concepts should be broached at a concert I mean holy fuck. Imagine hanging a sign at your venue that says "no bullying". It's fucking week, and weeker when it explicitly lists which kinds of bullying you're not allowed to engage in. No no-no words relating to sex or race mmkay! YeAh GuYs! LETs MOSH AGAINST sExIsM! Weeeeew
>>
>>72148294
The emo revival is horrible.

There's supposedly an okay noise scene in Philly but I don't get out all that much.
>>
Punk and metal here. Finland, Turku. TVO is a grand place to visit.
>>
>>72147126
> Berlin
Techno artists everywhere. Lots of Indie Rock bands too
>>
>>72147178
so everybody wins in that scenario, you don't have to deal with that and they don't have to deal with your ass
>>
Medellín, Colombia

Occasional rock shows, occasional jazz shows, lots of salsa. Unfortunately, not much variety. But if you know where to look, there are good shows to be found.
>>
>>72149063
Well, good god, you talk like a fucking first grader, so good on you, you fucking idiot. Jfc, get your shit together.
>>
Everyone's saying "oh there's this ONE good group..."

Why don't you post their names and music? Spread the scene? Support them?
Wtf is wrong with you, like why not?

Jealousy?
>>
>>72149063
Your spelling/grammar is atrocious but I agree with your point.
>>
buncha dudes in their late 20s still playing the same crappy punk rock they've been doing for a decade. o one goes to any shows that aren't at bars.
>>
>>72149733
https://poortiming.bandcamp.com/album/holds-in
>>
I live near the Chicagoland area, so most people just listen to Rap, EDM or Hot Topic bands. Boring leftist state tastes.
>>
Des Moines
A lot of garage rock/indie bands, not my thing but whatever. There's also a decent metal scene, a small but weirdly supportive noise/experimental scene, and a hip-hop scene is starting to develop. Electronic shows are kinda unheard of though.
>>
Chicago. Really good.

The punk and DIY scene is huge on the west side and NW sides, as is the indi scene. There's a good 20+ active underground (DIY) music venues in those parts of the scene.

A loft space that came around last year also started doing a monthly chiptune show, which has been getting really good. Other DIY venues also do electronic, but not as much as concerts.

The hip hop community is certainly not as strong as the W coast, but we've got some nice stuff out here.

We also have a lot of above ground venues where local acts play, often indi.

Metal is not as good as the PNW and black metal is hard to come by, with death and thrash being more common.

Lots of free classical and jazz shows from local conservatories and art schools.
>>
>>72150309
We used to have a really good underground psychedelic scene too, but that has died. Different loft/warehouses spaces around the city with live art, dance rooms, chill rooms, etc..

It was cool because it had such a diverse population from psytrance junkies, to art students, to old investigative journalists, to random burners, to just your every day psychedelic user. A huge yuppie/peacy Burner influx destroyed it though around 2011. Instead of it's raw, truthful, strange absurdity, it took on a yoga party feel to it.
>>
File: dep.jpg (1MB, 2284x2440px) Image search: [Google]
dep.jpg
1MB, 2284x2440px
Montreal. there's a decent diy scene here

Some indie legends have come out of Mile End
>>
>>72149063
>but some of us don't have the mind of a 3rd grader and don't need signs enforcing what words or concepts should be broached at a concert
Then the sign clearly isn't there for you
>>
>>72149733
If someone posted my band on 4chan I wouldnt consider it a compliment
>>
>>72147126

>Small town in Argentina
Really shitty, it mostly consists of bad tribute bands (I played in one actually)
>>
>st louis

i have no idea i only ever go to bands that are touring nationally
>>
>>72148323
I'm from St. Pete too, and yeah there's not anything I can think of
>>
Charleston
Small underground metal scene here but also a lot of shitty indie Mac wanna be bands
>>
File: nc.png (4MB, 1904x764px) Image search: [Google]
nc.png
4MB, 1904x764px
Athens, GA. So fucking amazing.
>>
>Brazil

really good.
we have variations of MPB with rock and experimental stuff.

bands here are usually very creative.
>>
>>72151984
The only bands from here I know of are hard rock cover bands and Sonic Graffiti, who I enjoy
>>
>>72149063
I didn't know /pol/ gave a shit about music or even went outside, but here we are.
>>
>>72147322
I agree the new japandroids is probably radio schlock but there are a few doom bands worth listening to.
the punk is really bad tho
>>
Toronto. Obviously it has alot of everything. In every genre.

A very booming, fun and very much alive scene is the underground techno scene here. Hundreds of illegal after hours, dives, fronts that play techno. Sweaty grimy, drug fueled parties in basements and establishments that only open at 2 and go all day. Fun
>>
>>72147163
but what about horse lords?
>>
Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, other niggers rapping
Tobacco/BMSR are from here
Anti-flag too

music scene overall is pretty meh, limited/shitty venues, generally get skipped in favor of philly/some shit hole in ohio
>>
I have a toe or two in the las vegas hip-hop scene, my brother knows some top producers here and one of them has two beats on the latest freddie gibbs album
>>
shit mostly. this punk band moved in next door last summer so i hang out with them and go to shows, but there's no real scene desu
>>
>>72151435
which town?
>>
CA Bay Area
kids wanna rap
>>
>>72151435
predictable, hermano.
>>
metal, punk, and noise scene is great
>>
>>72147126
>san diego
not too bad
>>
>>72147178

So the sign worked?
>>
>>72148085

nah man, there's a fuckin great punk and metal scene here.
>>
>>72147163
>AnCo
>Beach House
>bad brains
>>
a rave in a field holds about 3k people called supernatural
a russian nightclub or two
an amusement park
subways
>>
>gainesville fla

Relatively dead sometimes active others. Pretentious and unappreciative, nobody bats an eye at anything original or deviated from the typical lame dad rock, blues or hip hop
>>
>>72147312
Living in Arkansas rn and this
>>
Dead.
Hipsters killed the last independent joint that wasn't a bar 6 or so years ago.
Now I have 12 bars with shitty sound systems and an arena that books nothing but buttrock and rap.
On the plus side, I'm gonna be seeing Meat Puppets soon, so that's nice.
>>
CLEVELAND OHIO
Always been a great place to see shows. Punk rock crowds really know how to dance around here. Lots of unity. Underground venues for EDM. Weird places you can see indie bands. Best thing about our city is FREEFORM RADIO , a couple colleges John Caroll and Case Western and Oberlin all have kick-ass radio stations.
>>
>salem, or
Good metal and such, but that's about it.
>>
Lisbon
Really fuckin shitty indie pop
tame impala rip offs
awesome free jazz
IDM (some shitty)
>>
>>72154669
Also rap is kind of developing, and lots of kuduro
some of it is actually cool
the indie rock is kind of in between 90s slackerism and 2010 mumbleness
>>
>>72153273
Tried so hard in that city. It's mostly all 19 year olds trying to sound like Wavves or Wild Nothing. What am I missing?
>>
>>72154753
Have you tried selling drugs and alcohol to the under aged?
>>
Louisville

There's pop punk and uhhhh.....pop punk and pedophiles in the music scene and.....pop punk?
>>
Ljubljana, SLO

blues, jazz, dad rock, grunge, indie rock, hip hop

it's a time warp in many ways, but there always emerge acts that faithfully follow the American trends of a couple of years back
>>
Dallas

Everyone worth a damn is dead or gone
>>
>>72148108
You have a nice museum there in Toledo. I prefer your museum of art to Clevelands, but I think Cleveland's zoo is much nicer.
>>
>>72152836
between hullabaloo, goodfellaz, wemf, dark rave, and one off parties I probably spend 100 weekends in toronto partying between 00-04
>>
>central new jersey
It's dead. It used to be a hub for twinkle emo and math rock, in addition to a functioning chiptune/circuit bent scene, but everyones grown up and moved out. We still have a small avant metal scene, but it's nothing to talk about.
Tfw empire empire and the world is and our Sunday affairs and the skin cells (Alex Gs band) and Marietta and dads and modern baseball and pinegrove and a bunch of other dead bands played my best friend's basement.
>>
>puerto rico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUN2dGKxHFU
Warning!!! Only listen if you want to die of cancer!
>>
>>72152836
>Sweaty grimy, drug fueled parties in basements
>Fun
sounds depressing
>>
File: Casual Man.jpg (94KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Casual Man.jpg
94KB, 866x1300px
>Tempe AZ

Decent amount of hardcore and mathy kind of stuff, and a cancerous amount of pop punk
>>
>>72147126
>boston

gay and try hard as fuck, with no actual established an well known local music.

much like charlotte, NC i'd imagine. All about being "social", and by that i mean getting absolutely trashed to shitty self indulgent music and politely asking women for sex, thanking them and apologizing when they say no

only time i go out to shows is when someone decent is coming by from some where else
>>
>>72149063
>YeAh GuYs! LETs MOSH AGAINST sExIsM! Weeeeew

i kekked. it's a side effect of all that post-ironic fucking bullshit these kids are doing these days.

and by "kids" i mean 16-21 year olds and everyone up to 35 trying to remain young and "with it"
>>
>>72147126
Lowell MA

It's a college town with a pretty dedicated local DIY scene. Most of the bands are punk related most of them not that great. There's some jazz funk bands from the college's music program, but those bands don't stick around very long.

It's not the best, but it's a scene and there's music pretty regularly for something so small and DIY.
>>
Chicago's booming right now.

Pretty good rap/hiphop coming out of the south side and everyone on the north side and their grandma is in a lofi indie rock band. Pretty solid punk scene too.

I was gonna move out to New York or LA but I'm gonna stick around here for a while because it seems like the scene's gonna grow for a few more years.
>>
>>72153144
Its's in Santa Fe
>>
Southwest Virginia

tons of really good appalachian folk
>>
>>72147294
hey atleast we get some noise concerts soemtimes if you look hard enough and injury reserve
>>
>san antonio
Pretty fucking non existent and boring tbqh
>>
Anyone know anything about Seattles music scene? I'm moving there next month and I would like to get in on some metal and experimental electronic stuff.
>>
>>72148569
oh man where in the high desert?? i'm in victorville yo
>>
>>72147213
Dubuque? was true before 2007 for sure.
>>
>>72152772
they walk among us every day, bruh
>>
File: 1475200176700.png (12KB, 850x788px) Image search: [Google]
1475200176700.png
12KB, 850x788px
>New Hampshire
Middle aged dudes playing shitty, contrived folk.
20somethings in shitty, contrived jam bands
Highschoolers covering 21 Pilots
Fucking kill me please.
>>
>>72148384
Hola bato rec me some bands
I'm mexican too but all i see is indie shit and rap
>>
>>72157141
brujeria
>>
Little Rock has literally nothing worth a damn
>>
>Mexico City

holy fucking kek
>>
>>72148095
the seattle music scene bums me out it's comical how much hipster garbage there is
however if you like electronic music, timbre room/kremwerk has been on point recently. saw some footwork djs and loefah there recently it was dope
>>
>>72148972
pretty good summary honestly

red fang is pretty cool, they shot a music vid near my house one time
>>
File: 1485981139494.jpg (34KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
1485981139494.jpg
34KB, 540x305px
NYC
nothing like it used be
any fucking time of night somebody's blasting that bullshit arab ragae out of their car
THIS SHIT WILL END !!!
death to the camel fuckers
>>
>Melbourne, Australia

Pretty good, actually.
>>
>>72157022
mostly indy/folk punk type shit. but if you really search for what you want you can find anything as with most major cities. don't bother coming here if you want a thriving and explorative music scene
>>
>San Francisco
not too bad you really, REALLY gotta like college students making indie pop (probably the only musicians who can still live here desu)
>>
>>72157728
>implying nyc doesnt have the best underground dance scene in America right now
come on man
>>
File: 1313986833155.jpg (22KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
1313986833155.jpg
22KB, 450x299px
>>72156713
>and by "kids" i mean 16-21 year olds and everyone up to 35 trying to remain young and "with it"
no idea if people over 30 are trying to be "with it" but i'm 47 and play drone metal with friends every full moon. Alcohol, bonfire and barbecue are involved, kids play and a spell is cast with sound over a scrubby peninsula north of Sydney, Australia.
This thread would have you believe that music is a kid thing utterly connected to the dollar.
>mfw there's more genres now than there were popular bands 50 years ago
>>
>>72148147
Denver's scene is absolutely great. There are an unbelievable amount of great bands
>>
Melbourne
Fuckin' gigs for days. Sick noise, shoegaze and grind scenes it's actually overwhelming.
>>
>Erie, PA

The only local bands I know of are pop punk revival bands that are pretty shit desu.

Also, Train is from Erie but they suck.

We have decent jazz ensembles and orchestras though.
>>
File: 1491337099415.png (155KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
1491337099415.png
155KB, 240x312px
>AUSTIN, TX

too much desu
>>
>>72158026
my bad, the lead singer of Train is from Erie, not the whole band.

the locals hype the band up because he's a "local celebrity"
>>
>>72157821
>underground dance scene
A dance scene isn't a music scene
>>
>>72155130
I'll give you that
>>
>>72158092
>Dozens of producers releasing records and sharing gear and throwing secret shows in warehouses in the Bronx
That doesn't count as a scene?
>>
>>72147322
listen to my band we're from vancouver but all the 333 people dont want us to play

https://soundcloud.com/latenighttakeaway/sets/father-figure-motivator
>>
>São Paulo, Brazil

Actually my hometown, living in Austin right now, but I haven't had the time to get to know the scene.

Oh where do I start.

Funk carioca, which in all honestly is basically a hip hop genre that reminds me of gangsta rap; some guys playing rock, either fusing it with bossa nova (which in itself is a fusion of samba and jazz) or playing post-punk like Joy Division, mostly; a punk scene that is ok-ish; somehow Brazil's version of bro country is far too popular here; some samba, some pagode... Also big festivals, raves being far too common and nearly everyone playing here at one moment.

Though from my experiences in my last year of high school there was a pretty weird trend in my area of some bands that mixed riot grrl-style lyrics with hardcore punk and some heavy metal influence, EDM and Funk Carioca were really popular, some dude was into grime and actually made an EP, some guys were into Mac DeMarco and if my memory doesn't fail me there was this psychedelic folk band that showed up and they were alright.

As for Austin, how's the scene like, if anyone's here?
>>
>>72158245
i dont blame them
>>
>>72147126
I'm not gonna say it where it is because I'm pretty ashamed by it, but if you know this stuff you'll know what city I'm talking about.

"local scene" is nothing but niggers rapping, and all the "shows" (if could call them shows) are also niggers rapping, sheboons yelling, every white girl is either currently in a "relationship" with a black guy, or looking for one, and all the white boys are wiggers that try so hard no to be wiggers but still end up failing hard. The rest are mulattos and the folks you have no idea what their ethnicity is. Someday, I'm gonna escape this madness...I hope
>>
>>72157963
Sounds great, except for one thing
>Melbourne
>>
>>72153322
I guess its just what im exposed to through the "music" kids i know. Who are some good local punk bands?
>>
File: Bergen Skyline.jpg (322KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Bergen Skyline.jpg
322KB, 1024x683px
>Bergen, Norway

It's quite good, really. Several bands, like Burzum, Kings of Convenience and Röyksopp started up here.

However, it has started getting pretty stale, and the most popular bands here today are some imposers who copy mainstream rap.
>>
>>72147126
Dead
Indio, CA ( basically Coachella)
>>
>>72157821
Who should I check out from there?
>>
>>72158092
t. rockist
>>
>>72147126
Nonexistent pretty much. Adam Sandlers from my town though. GG Allins from my state. It's pretty much nonexistent
>>
Detroit had a decent rock scene, but it's overrun with metal bands that just outright suck.

Just moved to Phoenix though, what's good out here?
>>
cincinnati ohio

buttmetal and elvis wannabes
>>
Local Gainesville band called Flipturn isn't bad:

They have a song called Hypoxia that I really enjoyed.
>>
>>72158053
Any albums from this year? Last year was insanely good.

>>72158331
Showlistaustin.com
>>
>>72159128
His brother Merle posts here.
>>
>Lahti, Finland
Well, my band is literally one of the under 10 bands here. It sucks. And we suck too.
>>
>St. Louis

an insane amount of emo revival shit and middle of the road garage punk stuff. There are a few amazing noise rock acts though-

https://skintags.bandcamp.com/

https://spellingbee.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>72159555
Do you like Lions Daughter
>>
>>72159569
yeah theyre tight. Actually come to think of it there's a lot of good metal around here as well.
>>
>Kalamazoo
Not sure, really. I actually live in BC but I'm moving there in the fall for college.
>>
>>72159394
Do you like Oranssi Pazuzu
>>
>>72159689
Nah, not really a metal person. Also as a bonus I forgot to add, almost all the venues suck
>>
File: warmface.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
warmface.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>72147126
>tfw no blackgaze friends in Brisbane to start a band with and make music
>>
>atlanta

annoying ass diy kids everywhere
>>
>>72159866
Brisbane is shit anyway.
>>
>Lower Silesia, Poland
Literally nothing
>>
File: 1490711386034.jpg (16KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1490711386034.jpg
16KB, 370x699px
>Outside of Toronto
nothing interesting
just a few cover bands
>>
>phx

lots of shitty garage rock / punk, some decent hardcore, a budding electronic / noise scene
>>
>>72156551
there's at least decent electronic coming out of here lately
>>
File: heavycolors.jpg (136KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
heavycolors.jpg
136KB, 640x640px
>>72159330
can only find a spotify link
spotify:track:50zMB2FDNBlVPQsIHiAeM1
>>
>>72150309
i miss chicago's music scene since i left it
>>
>>72159981

Where tho? Any good underground venues? I'm in Tempe.
>>
Pori, Finland

Circle, Kuusumun Profeetta and Magyar Posse are great
>>
>>72159268
>Cincinnati
It seems like there's a pretty dope experimental scene there though
>>
>>72148378
this is too accurate
go gators

also everything sucks except the death metal and the Vaporwave scenes
>>
>>72148283
Howdy neighbors
>>
>>72148283

>Central FL at UF reporting in
>>
>>72147126
Netherlands here it fucking blows only gangster rap.
>>
>>72147126
Folk, Country, and "Metal" (wailing faggots)
Yeah, I live in northern Arkansas. Die Antwoord and Death Grips have just became the next big thing here too.
>>
>>72147126
Newport, Wales here

Literally no music scene except for the 13 year old wannabe stormzy's

So it's not even a good attempt at grime

What do I do
>>
>>72153546
I went to the Fest last year to hear Jeff Rosenstock and AJJ, they were pretty good (but everyone else was generic indie)
>>
>>72148294
no it's genuinely fucking god awful
>>
>>72164135
God i fucking hate Fest kids

downtown is crawling with burnouts in Warped Tour clothes and gauges
>>
>>72147178
Have they had a lot of problems with these things at their concerts before? No? OK then, fuck your virtue signaling.
>>
>>72148147
I'd agree I've only been to 7th Circle once but it was an interesting atmosphere and I'd like to go again
>>
>>72158092
t. someone who's wrong.
>>
>>72159555
>no mention of hella 314

hmmmmm
>>
>>72147126
a shit ton of open mics, suicide valley basically
>>
>>72157090
sounds decent
>>
>>72147126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOErVWlsxg
>>
>>72166175
unironically better than kendrick lamar
>>
>>72147126
trap music niggers
>>
>>72152309
My boi. Saw EITS yesterday.
>>
>>72152309
i want to "fuck" michael stipe
>>
>>72159802
Come down to Helsinki, we have decent venues and almost no metal.
Just avoid all the psytrance. I hate that shit.
>>
>>72147126

>Montreal, Canada

Local scene is pretty diverse, really impressed everytime.

But in the French montreal scene, it's all these fuckin Cheesy-Guitar Folk band with singer that tries to breathe at the same time as singing like really close to the mic. Everyone's doing it and copying it and I hate it so much.
>>
>Buffalo, NY

it's all shitty pop punk and old men in blues rock bands here
>>
>>72147126
Chicago Punk and Alternative

They're all nu-males and feminists
>>
Mostly bluegrass stuff. One weird sorta country sorta indie band - Firekid - that uses a modded gameboy in their music for chiptune backing stuff, and it sounds pretty good. I'm in Columbia Tennessee, we have a holiday for mules
>>
>>72148283
>>72148305
>>72148340
>>72148378

hi neighbors

south florida has one of the best up and coming punk scenes around. really tight music
a lot of the people suck tho
>>
>>72150867
of course the mile end is a hotspot for indie..
I know we have a decent metal scene but I don't know where the "underground" bars are for it or where the hot spot is.
>>
File: 11066741004_b6239f2019_b.jpg (563KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
11066741004_b6239f2019_b.jpg
563KB, 1024x799px
>>72147126
Cardiff, South Wales UK

Fucking great scene. We get a lot of bands on tour playing here and a ton of local bands. Womanby St has most of the venues (pic related).
>>
>>72147126
Twin Cities.

Good.
>>
>>72159875
God so true. Pretty much dominated by ga state sjw scene
>>
>denton, tx
lots of pretty good 70s sounding punk and a surprising amount of jazz
>>
File: IMG_0719.png (1MB, 640x677px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.png
1MB, 640x677px
>>72147126
>North Carolina
I don't even know if we have one
>>
>Paris, France
man the french just found out about garage rock. a couple of little garage rock/punk bands are coming out

hardcore scene started up again, it's a bunch of feminist acts but it's pretty cool

tons of electronic music but im not crazy about it personally

the scene is super hard to break into but it's not terrible.

and of course, like everywhere else, 90% of them dress up like mac demarco / 90s kurt cobabies
>>
>>72166890
Raleigh used to be pretty good for indie rock I guess but we all know indie rock is dead now so I don't know where all those ppl went
>>
File: tumblr_ojccf6sMBQ1r5kws5o2_400.gif (193KB, 364x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojccf6sMBQ1r5kws5o2_400.gif
193KB, 364x250px
underground hardcore raves in car parks and warehouses with 40+ year old bald speed freaks in tracksuits stomping
>>
>>72148838
I went to a fucking good acid rave in Ghent a couple years ago, really nice city.
>>
A cornfield between Cleveland and Sandusky. Lots of bad rap and really shitty punk/indie. A few good EDM artists. Oberlin gets all the good artists at their coffee shops.
>>
>>72147178
>>72153290
fucking lol
way to obey the sign, you trailblazing free thinker
>>
>>72147126
shit
>>
>>72147126
>Adelaide
not good.
>>
>Buenos Aires
Everything sounds uninspired as fuck, i rarely get to see a band worth following and mosto f them disappear after a year or two
>>
Another Florida bro reporting in.
Gaytona has some reggae and ska bands, but other than that it's dead.

I want to start a surf/garage style scene, because it has the potential to spread pretty well here.
>>
>>72148392
>>72147337
Downtown is all generic garage rock bands trying to sound like the Growlers, Allah-Las and Twin Peaks. If they do have any variation it's just some shoegaze influence, we used to have good garage rock pre 2010 like the Smith Westerns, Glyders and Grosse Pointe but for now it's scarce. In the NW suburbs where I used to live it's just as bad with pop punk that sounds the same except the singers sound like amateurs trying to sing B182 songs on karaoke night. All local pop punk is like the city's garage rock where it's a copy of what's popular so here it's just Real Friends and Knucklepuck copycat bands. Apparently there's a band from EGV trying to mix Chicago garage and pop punk, People are saying it could mend very well or be really bad. Either way I'm curious too
>>
>>72153273
>>72148055

how's the San Diego scene? I'm thinking of taking a position out there soon and making music/shows are basically all I do in my free time.
>>
Raleigh NC here. Not a lot.

Space Rabbit, Alloy Fox, Hank and Brendan, Matt Phillips, Tangible Dream

And me...
>>
>>72167794
>Same here. Greetings my white friend.
This is sadly accurate, good bands that managed to last longer than 5+ years are few or are either stuck doing the same but more polished/tamed (like Mujercitas Terror or Olfa Meocorde), went through so many lineup changes that are hardly the same band anymore (like APZOO or DHD) or just dont play live anymore (like Cuzcos or Travesti).
The rest of the scene are just 00's indie leftovers, generic darkwave/stoner or old farts jamming
And I didnt even mention what could be considered "mainstream" scene because it's pure cringe
>>
>>72147126
Hello all Florida bros. I'm from Ocala/Gainesville and I have a lot of friends in bands and go to shows whenever I can. Here are some bands that I like and that my friends are in
>Baseline - Ocala Pop Punk now turning alternative/noise rock
https://baselineocala.bandcamp.com/
>False Narrative - Orlando Pop Punk
https://falsenarrative.bandcamp.com/
>Overheat - Orlando Hardcore
https://overheathxc.bandcamp.com/
>Dretch - Ocala Hardcore
https://dretchfl.bandcamp.com/
>Worsen - Jacksonville Grindcore
https://wrsn.bandcamp.com/releases
>Teen Divorce - Jacksonville Emo
https://teendivorce.bandcamp.com/
>Dikembe - Gainesville Emo
https://dikembe.bandcamp.com/
>Frameworks - Gainesville Post Hardcore
https://frameworks.bandcamp.com/
>Camp Green Lake - Tallahassee Emo
https://campgreenlakefl.bandcamp.com/
>Conversion Camp - Gainesville Hardcore
https://conversioncamp.bandcamp.com/releases
>Former Planets - Gainesville Emo
https://formerplanets.bandcamp.com/
>You Vandal - Gainesville Emo
https://youvandal.bandcamp.com/
>Pyre - Gainesville Thrash
https://pyregvl.bandcamp.com/
>Gouge Away - Fort Lauderdale Hardcore
https://gougeawayfl.bandcamp.com/
>Heavy on the Ish - Gainesville Experimenal Sludge
>Apnea - Tampa Metalcore
https://apneafl.bandcamp.com/

There are more I just either can't remember at the moment or they're bad
>>
>>72153578
ayyyy arkansas is lit, come check out the DIY scene in Fay
>>
>>72166656
Who are some of your favorites?
>>
tons of metal shitty bands
fuck my town
>>
>Mexicans
>>
Bristol is pretty good for music, but Bath is pretty much dead besides the shows that either me or my friends put on.
>>
Helsingborg, Sweden.

Pretty fucking dead desu.
>>
>>72148085
kek the rich high school kids making shitty SoundCloud tier trap here are hilarious. Basically a bunch of white kids who wish they were black
>>
File: 20170331_220101.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_220101.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>72166858
Well North Texas University is a Jazz school in case you didn't know.

You should try and find this album. I lost the case. 1992 Denton grunge
>>
>Grand Forks, North Dakota
Outside of the university here there is literally nothing to the city
>>
>>72147178
Ungdomshuset?
>>
>>72147312
Whittier?
>>
>>72148838
Damn, sounds nice, Anon.
>>
>>72147126
Copenhagen. Ppl brag about times they've seen or talked to Elias from iceage, bunch of pretentious assholes play noise at this place called mayhem almost about every weekend. Most music sound about the same and the entire scene is so inbred, literally all bands know eachother and it might sound cool but trust me you kinda get tired of it since most of them are again really pretentious.

5/10
>>
>Suburbs south of Stockholm

>A bunch of kids who think that they're gonna be the next big rapper
>One shitty pop punk band who are somewhat popular in Japan and Ukraine
>One alright rock band
>My band
>>
>>72166406
I feel you on the cheesy french music I dont think ill ever get used to it. Do you know what the best places are to see local bands? Im planning on doing my best to get into the local scene this summer. The places i had in mind were Le Ritz, Casa de Popolo, La Sala Rossa and Corona theatre.
>>
>>72158139
It's a scene but not a music scene

>>72166001
Dancing isn't music you dumb fuck.
>>
Brussels, belgium
The rap scene is just emerging, I'm not a fan of rap usually but there's some good stuff and it has sparked a sense of pride for the city in a lot of people, I like that
>>
>>72147178
Thank god you left. Nobody would've appreciated your presence if shit like that triggers you.
>>
Long Beach, CA!
It's great and there is a little bit of everything. Lots of bars dedicated to providing a good mix of shows. Good house shows from time to time. Good punk and hip hop.

And if all that isn't enough, LA is 40 minutes away and has literally everything.
>>
Ottawa, Ontario

Lots of generic pop punk/metal.
>>
>>72148216
Montreal's dope. Bunch of shitty bar bands, people playing in the subways. Small shows with great underground artists. Music festivals from time to time. Raves. Classical shows at theaters. Well known bands at the Bell Center. Etc.
>>
>Detroit
Full of industrial, techno, neo folk, almost every wave genre, cyberpunk and rap.
The black techno guys wear SS hats sometimes too
>>
>>72166435
Honestly this, especially with regards to the punk scene. Very much a hivemind of kids and adult donothings regurgitating whatever the fuck they read on facebook and trying their hardest to be fidlar or mac demarco. The artsier kids coming out of the Logan Square area are doing some pretty interesting shit musically but they too have their heads so far up their own progressive assess that having a conversation with most of them is just as insufferable.

mayb im just a cunt tho lol
>>
>>72159555
You forgot Foxing you tremendous faggot
>>
>>72168495
I'm enjoying all the EDM shows that have been coming through. And some underground stuff like the occasional Future Classic old-school "rave" events that go down every now and again in a warehouse in North Minneapolis.

I'm a big trance guy, and that community has been growing with more frequent, and more populated shows.

We've got amazing radio, too.

Shannon Blowtorch kills it all the time. Jake Rudh is great, even though I'm not a HUGE transmission/new wave guy. There are just a ton of fun dance nights, and amazing venues. First Ave of course, Triple Rock, The Varsity, The Turf Club and laugh if you will, but I love the Skyway as well.

There was also amazing pop-up parties like Colony, before they got shut down. :/

Our indy hip-hop scene has been crazy good for a long time with Doomtree, Atmosphere, etc. Rock the Garden is always awesome. We've got Illumination Gathering, Shangra-La and other stuff at Harmony Park and nearby Infrasound and Summer Set in Wisconsin. The new Palace Theatre is amazing, too.

It just seems like there's ALWAYS a show I want to go to.
Anything to add?
>>
>Memphis, TN

pretty perfect scene. mostly post-punk, emo revival and punk, but there's a lot more to be found if you dig deeper. The heavy blues influence from the history of the city adds a really interesting touch to the scene.

Some of my favorite locals:
https://benricketts.bandcamp.com/
dreampop/shoegaze/alt-electronica

https://pillowtalktn.bandcamp.com/
alt/emo/shoegaze

https://sleepwlkrs.bandcamp.com/
post-punk/punk/emo

https://gloriousabhor.bandcamp.com/releases
rock/punk/thunder-pop
>>
like being murdered
>>
>>72170652
Can confirm
T.Logan Square cunt
>>
Vancouver Canada

absolute garbage. a bunch of trendy indie bands. and you're not aloud to play more than once in 2 weeks. it's a joke. plus all these clubs/bars have shitty house bands/djs that go on after you, and the plays usually empties after that. i don't get it.
>>
Chicago's like a hornet's nest of hipsters who dress like Mac DeMarco and make shitty lofi rock.
>>
middle of sweden

by-the-numbers metal, gangly edm bros thinking they'll actually hit the big time w/o connections and--fuck me--you can't turn a corner without tripping over some godawful reggae collective
white genocide when

>>72171003
great movie
>>
>>72168014
Fuck I miss Smith Westerns, they were really good. Whitney's good as fuck, though.
>>
>>72171105
>>72171046
>>72170652
>>72168014
>>72166435
>>72156802
>>72150309
For all you Chicago anons, what type d genre do you want to hear or what type of genre do you think would succeed in Chicago? I've been trying to start a Surf/Garage band like The Frights, SADGIRL or early Bass Drum of Death and Slow Warm Death
>>
>>72149063
it's amazing that people think this post is controversial in any way
>>
>wear flannels and or shirts with a hat
"wooooooooooooow Mac DeMarco wanna be fag"

>try something different and wear random shit
"woooooooooooow what a hipster"

you guys are faggots, i might as well show up to the show in a fucking suit and tie
>>
>>72171409
>caring this much what other people think

this was your first mistake
>>
>>72171409
its been done you unoriginal faggot
>>
>>72171239
I think Chicago needs something new. The garage rock bubble is gonna pop soon.
>>
>Minneapolis, MN
Died HARD in 2011.
Used to have a thriving electro/indie and hip hop scene but a lot of the locals moved to New York or Los Angeles and died hard there and never returned or disappeared into obscurity.
Minneapolis nightlife is standard stage four genetrification: Boring ass internet soundcloud hip hop, dancehall and darkwave make up the local dance music here (boring as shit), boring ghent/metal bands replaced Mpls' twee/indie scene. Have no clue what happened to Minneapolis' twee/indie pop unless they were a part of the LA/NYC exodus of 2011/2012. I don't associate with any of my old friends anymore I used to hang out with. Most of them became hardlined liberals, crazy cat ladies, bankers/lawyers, or moved out to the burbs to become Soccer Dads/Moms. Again all disappeared into obscurity.
>>
>>72170848
>I'm enjoying all the EDM
>Anything to add?
It's all garbage
>>
>>72147163
I'm also in Baltimore and nah dude lol
>>
>>72171281
it's mostly because of the way it's written towards the end that makes it look like a massive shitpost, but their point was pretty reasonable
>>
>>72158475
>being this bothered by the ethnicity of people at shows
you didn't even mention anything about the music other than rap
>>
Tiny town in southern Oregon so, country and cover bands and country cover bands and everyone is 40+
>>
>>72171495
What bands did you know?
>>
Ukraine. A lot of mediocre post-punk revival, bunch of cool screamo bands, a lot of rappers (every other schoolkid want to be a cool rapper), a few nice pop singers. I believe there is no big difference between countries in Post-USSR region.
>>
>>72171495
>Have no clue what happened to Minneapolis' twee/indie pop
They all grew up. It's hard to cultivate a scene in the cities and that's why everyone ends up leaving MN or moving on with their lives.
The hip-hop scene is all Rhymesayers rejects.
There are punk and noise shows that still happen but I'm guessing you've outgrown the basement scene.
>>
File: IMG_1044.jpg (100KB, 1182x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1044.jpg
100KB, 1182x1200px
>>72147126
You know your scene is shit when this is the best it has to offer. DC is possibly the most cucked music scene in the U.S.
>>
>>72168461
Boysin from Jax. Pretty decent emo with some mathy bits.
I've seen them 3-4 times. They open up whenever possible; they put on a pretty decent show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ys_OY3UqI
>>
>>72147126
night lovell from here (he's actually quite boring)
>>
>>72168844
Them and instagram streetwear models are the cancer of this city
>>
>>72171089
You arent allowed to play more than once every two weeks or is it just really hard to get booked?
>>
>>72157938
Who are some of your favorites anon?
>>
>>72159202
Injury Reserve
Draa
>>
Also, drugs.
>>
>>72152309
>tfw I also live there but am too much of an autistic shut-in to go to shows
tell me about our scene, anon
>>
From Ireland. The place I live in has a very pub-oriented music scene, but we've got some really talented players. A lot of strange characters in the music scene here as well. My dad told me about this guy who practically starved himself to buy guitars and got malnutrition multiple times because of it. Altogether, a very talented music scene, but the players are usually very troubled people.
>>
>>72171409
Or naked.
>>
>>72147294
fucking same man. Just shitty southern metal.
>>
>>72156911
Dude, ÑÑÑÑ are awesome.
>>
>>72171239
Ive seen a surf rock garage band around. I liked it quite a bit.
>>
>>72156995
Hate this town this t b h pham
>>
>>72147126

pretty cool, there're quite a few unique metal bands around here.
>>
Chapel Hill/Carrboro fag here. I don't know much about it, but Cat's Cradle is a good venue and we get some good bands/artists here.
>>
>>72172332
minneapolis here
where are these noise and punk shows you speak of and how do i go to them
>>
only me, pretty much.
>>
>>72171281
I don't think you know what the word controversial means.
Some people here are taking offense to it, and that makes it, by definition, controversial.
>>
>>72176145
If you're on fb there's a page called undercurrentmpls that posts events pretty much daily
>>
>>72147126
Metal and funk.
>>
>>72172568
Body Meat was pretty good
>>
>>72176145
The main houses keep getting shut down because they get promoted .
>>
>>72155305
>central new jersey
>central

C'mon man.
>>
>>72172671

phoenix metro area here. any more post-punk/dreampop like draa? really digging them
>>
>>72147126
We got live music at the local pub every Friday. i.e. hipsters who can use a guitar. A band played Beatles covers once.
>>
Grime rappers and Indie bands / cover bands
>>
>>72147126
its shit. i like the drawing.
>>
>>72166414
Can confirm
>>
>Edmonton, AB, Canada

A LOT of folk and indie shit, a few decent experimental rock bands, and a few Mac Demarco-inspired groups that just don't compare. The rave/edm scene is pretty big here too unfortunately. Local rap is pretty much non-existent from what I've seen.
>>
>>72153500

coney island/brighton beach?

i went to a rave called supernatural in fields along the BQE a few years back. was fun desu
>>
went to a show a few months ago headlined by some cover band
one of the opening acts was good, pretty sure the lead singer is in one of my classes but i've never talked to her
>>
Hudson Valley, NY

>a million jam bands aka grateful dead and phish wannabes
>DIY punk and indie bullshit
>folk, folk everywhere
>the occasional psy trance ala cosm gatherings
>middle aged dads in blues rock bands

eh, could be worse
>>
>>72174769
In Chicago? Who? All I know is the Pukes from Milwaukee and I guess Modern Vices from Elmhurst
>>
bay area, ca
it's all shitty soundcloud clone rappers either copying yung lean's "aesthetic" style or xxxtentacion's style
>>
>>72157025
I use to go to school at vvc. Taking online classes now, because those jackasses don't have them on campus. I'm up in the mountains by Mountain High
>>
>drunk cover bands
>drunk punk bands
>hill billy rock bands
>unintelligent edm
>perverted britney pop
>then me with my shit
>>
>>72159866
false homie
>>
File: IMG_1827.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1827.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Mostly dad-rock cover bands in Tennessee, but I got lucky enough to see Clipping at a small local bar a couple weeks back. They had a naked man do spoken word about electricty, and then electrocute himself on stage as one if the opening acts. Pic related
>>
>>72179181
sounds like a swell time...
>>
>>72148972
Holy FUCK agalloch my man
>>
>>72152689
Fumaça preta?
>>
>>72157141
MOLOTOV, FUCK YOU PUTO BABOSO
>>
>>72168461
Does Heavy on the Ish not have a bandcamp or something? That seems like the stuff I'd enjoy the most out of all of those.
>>
>>72147126
edmonton ab, i don't like metal but we have a decent scene here. the rest is indie and screamo trash
>>
>>72181988
oh and also mac is from here which makes it so much worse
>>
>>72159268
lmao what

I'm in cincinnati, scene's pretty great. we had a golden era of a bunch of really awesome bands pop up all at once almost two years ago - nowadays less new bands show up on a daily basis but the folks around are great. Lots of like indie rock stuff, huge focus on punk and goth stuff, big focus on fem/queer/poc bands which is cool. The experimental scene is really awesome (see >>72162560) - noise guys, drone folks (like myself), lots of group improv stuff. And what's coolest to me is that all of that stuff exists in the same place at the same time - I've hosted handfuls of group drone shows with punk dudes and indie dudes all alike. Definitely a little, like, contained and incestual (everyone is in everyone elses bands, etc) but i love it
>>
>>72147163
TUI bruh
>>
>>72148378
who dat girl in the bikini?

just some random florida girl?
>>
How did you guys start listening to and looking for music around your local area? I'm in LA and until recently it was really hard for me to find local bands to the point where a couple of friends and I decided to create a hub to make it easier to find them.
>>
>>72182288
Angie verona
>>
>>72156802
you live in fucking chicago dude. why is nobody talking about their dance music scenes?
>>
>>72158092
you're fucking retarded! kill yourself!
>>
>>72172568
The Beeves, Overslept, Old Sport, Postcards, Blue Lane Frontier, The Windermeres, Allout Helter, Screwtape
>>
>>72168969
Not the guy who posted that but that is accurate for whittier.
>>
>>72171719
i hope you die in a car crash
>>
>>72178631
me too senpai. wanna hang out? this is accurate as shit btw
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.