[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss the latest Pitchfork meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: bestnewmm.png (174KB, 832x357px) Image search: [Google]
bestnewmm.png
174KB, 832x357px
Discuss the latest Pitchfork meme
>>
File: Screenshot_23.png (3MB, 1892x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_23.png
3MB, 1892x1078px
>>
>>72145578
That's 5 out of 10, right? Right? Don't tell me it's 5/5.
>>
dude I'm a spoiled rich kid whose style is a second-rate imitation of Autechre and whose aesthetic is a kitsch imitation of Chris Cunningham lmao: the artist
>>
copied bjork
>>
dude what if producers made music lmao dude pharrell lmao dude i'm behind the scenes i'm magical mystical and fantastical you can't see me lmao
>>
dude I'm so ugly that if I put my face on the cover maybe someone feels pity for me and buys the album lmao
>>
>album has an 89 on metacritic, indicating universal acclaim
>some 4chan user gives it a 5
>everyone goes on about how it's a shitty album

Is /mu/ really this low these days?
>>
>>72145684
>kitsch imitation of Chris Cunningham
I fucking wish.
>>
>>72145535
thom yorke followed him on twitter recently. i think i might have to listen to arca now.
>>
>>72145789
Fantano is the only man who gave a rating for album's actual musical value, not for a fact that Arca's gay
>>
>>72145789
>metacritic
lyl
>>
DUDE MEXICAN GAYS LMAO
>>
>>72145789
Were you even on the board after the album was released? There were a few people praising it, sure, but a majority of people were agreeing with Fantano. Not even saying those people like Fantano (most people on this board don't anyways), they just shared his opinion.
>>
>>72145789
People have been shitting on Arca's new direction even before the album came out.
>>
>>72145647
he ranks stuff outta ten, with "light" being between .0 to 0.5 and strong being between 0.6 - 0.9
>>
>>72145684
These comparisons are pretty off base.
He's more like gay south-american OPN.
>>
>>72146254
He sounds nothing like OPN are you serious?
>>
>>72145789
>thinking that /mu/ agrees with memetano all the time
see: /mu/'s (and when i say /mu/, i mean people who only exist because god hates abortion and not being a slut apparently) hatred for pure comedy, a crow looked at me, and to pimp a butterfly
>>
>>72145789
solanges album got "universal acclaim" as well lol

in music criticism / modern music journalism it's completely irrelevant and is in no way indicative of what is "good"
>>
>>72146338
>not listening for music for yourself and ignoring all other opinions
this is the real, unironic, no meming around, pleb filter
>>
fantano is seriously the thesis of /mu/

loves guitar music and crescendos and forces himself to relate with yrics
muh feels
muh technical aspects
rates track by track

its obvious his review style does NOT fit electronic music, which is just more primal
>>
>>72146338
so you indicate what's good? embarassing
>>
>>72146459
well, yes? lol there's no way to actually quantify taste. it's all constructed innit.
>>
>>72146073
> but a majority of people
lmao
like legit disinformation right here
some trash minority shat on the record, the global consensus was AOTYSF my guy, get the fuck out of here with your bs
(Not even MY AOTY though, just actual fact)
>>
>>72145774
But he's not
>>
>>72147324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXOgzmTbVU

ok hun
>>
>>72147348
You have a horrible taste in men
>>
>>72147378
lol I quoted the wrong post. He's fine as fuck of course
>>
>>72145789
I want him to go back to &&&&& production, this does nothing for me desu
>>
I think I speak for most people when we think this is a good record, (I only really see people that wouldn't have cared for this album anyway posting negative stuff) but that's kind of the problem. It's just a "good" record and it's sort of missing what a lot of us enjoyed in Arca in the first place, so it doesn't really get anyone excited about it.

It's not meme-worthy, it's not pushing boundaries or doing anything particularly interesting besides combining a more accessible version of Arca's xen/mutant era sound with his singing. So it's going to go down as a pretty great 2017 album but then be nothing more than a really personal album for Alejandro unless it starts gaining real mainstream success.
>>
>>72147437
t.kanye fan
>>
>>72146414
>thesis
I'm assuming you mean "apotheosis", but suggesting you use "epitome"
>>
horrible crap.
>>
>>72147728
thank you! english is not my first language so i pick a lot of words unconsciously
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.