[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Steven Albini recorded Nevermind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (168KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
168KB, 960x1280px
What if Steven Albini recorded Nevermind?
>>
>>72139586
>hey steve, we want you to record our new album, nevermind
>ok then, let me know if you change your mind
>>
>>72139586
It would just sound like Nevermind with In Utero's production.

Are you dumb?
>>
There's a fan remaster out there of Nevermind if it was produced like In Utero.
>>
>>72139614
>hey dave, my wife's daughter is in utero
What did Kurt mean by this?
>>
>>72139630
link?
>>
>>72139656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3l-wgXzOs8

There's only a few tracks from it on YouTube but the whole thing is probably on every torrent site.
>>
File: 1437824543154.gif (173KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1437824543154.gif
173KB, 600x630px
>>72139586
it wouldve sounded louder and dirtier, and probably wouldnt have gotten as much exposure as the butch vig version

>tfw in utero is my favourite nirvana album
>tfw michael stipe was going to help produce the next album but a certain someone decided to give themselves a smith & wesson celebration instead
>>
>>72139586
>Oh, um, alright. Steve, these headphones are fucked up. It's only coming of one side, like, err... Should I just bear with it, or what? Shit. They're fucked. Man, no, wait! Please give me some new headphones.
>>
>>72139699
That's just the Sheep demos.
>>
>>72139699
This is actually so much better than the original...grunge music just doesn't work when it's super cleanly produced. Kinda defeats the purpose.
>>
>>72139621
>>72139630
>/mu/ is actually this clueless about the nature of audio production
>>
>>72139621
I'm not very smart. I guess the thread topic seemed better in my head.

>>72139699
That's awesome. Nailed the Albini drum sound.

>>72139726
rip michael stipe
>>
>>72139797
What from my post made you think that?
>>
>>72139699
only songs I can find there are that one, Very Ape, Sappy, and Breed

Fuck I want to hear Milk It and Smells Like Team Spirit
>>
>>72139614
I feel like Steve is filled to the brim with dad jokes
>>
>>72139801
>I'm not very smart. I guess the thread topic seemed better in my head.
OK well seek out the Sheep demos. it was the first session they did with Butch Vig in his basement studio, a year before they recorded Nevermind. It's more raw and might be what you are looking for.

There's also an alternate mix of Nevermind called The Devonshire Mixes which is the early rough mix of the album before it was made super slick by Andy Wallace. It's not In Utero-sounding, but it is more raw and live sounding.
>>
>>72139829
I met him after a Shellac show once and the only thing he said to me was that "the red bandanna in my left back pocket means that I enjoy being fisted" and then he walked away.

It was the most Steve Albini encounter I could have ever hoped for.
>>
>>72139751
True patricians only listen to one audio channel.
>>
>>72139586
STEVE THESE SHOTGUNS ARE ALL FUCKED UP
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.