[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 42

File: lil-wayne-xxl-new.jpg (478KB, 736x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lil-wayne-xxl-new.jpg
478KB, 736x1000px
This is the hip hop general.
This is for all hip hop discussion.
Redirect all hip hop threads here.
>>
>>72136066
>Redirect all hip hop threads here.

lol no

that shit didn't work in 2014 and it wont work now
>>
you realize most hip-hop related threads are there to talk about certain artists right?

all you did was make a thread about nothing

try again.
>>
File: cover.jpg (630KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
630KB, 1400x1400px
is this best hip-hop album of 2017 so far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxqeDUJWX9U
>>
>>72136199
These threads are for ALL hip hop.

If classical, jazz and bleep can do it and they are massive compared to hip hop, so can you.
>>
>>72136241
hip-hop is more diverse and relevant than those genres today

it doesn't make sense to put all of it one thread
>>
>>72136251
>hip-hop is more diverse
kek

/bleep/ is for 4 completely different genres each as big and varied as hip hop and equally relevant and they manage it

>it doesn't make sense to put all of it one thread
it really does
>>
>>72136260
if you want this board to turn into nicely segmented sub-boards, there's a reddit somewhere waiting for you

otherwise, if you really expect XXX posters and kendrick shills to get along in the same thread you're delusional
>>
>>72136212
nope. pretty good though
>>
>>72136271
Its already like this with /classical/, /jazz/, /bleep/ etc but the difference between all those posters and hip hop fans is they are adult and mature enough to be considerate to others and not spam and flood the board and talk about all artists within the huge umbrellas of those genres together.
>>
>>72136305
that's because there's less to discuss about classical and jazz, which is why it fits in one thread to begin with

i just counted at least 20 hip-hop threads in the catalog all about different topics, there's no reason to force it all together, and there never has been in the history of this board which makes it clear how new you must be here
>>
Hopsin is the GOAT.
>>
Where did BOOTY go?

His underground dumps were legendary.
>>
>>72136331
wow he real gah damn senpai lolmzlxnosjiaudiw890792687734334587g387y7t3ty3yut3yu4yfyuurfy736r46781623132313134
>>
>>72136331
>watches family guy religiously
>>
>>72136251
Kendrick Lamar in no way deserves five threads a day just for his disgusting album art. If you want to make a comment or question about him, it perfectly fits here.
>>
>>72136360
there are more hip-hop thread than just about kendrick

next non-arguement?
>>
>>72136363
Kendrick is just a current example, but all the XXX, Lil Peep, Uzi Vert, Yachty, and every other relevant rapper could also fit into this thread. The only decent hip hop threads are Memphis generals, and again those are only good because it's a general thread.
>>
>>72136251
At least in diversity you're wrong in all of them.
>>
>>72136397
you just don't seem to understand that hip-hop is at peak popularity

there was never an 'indie' general when indie was at peak popularity

and there was never a metal general when metal was at peak popularity

there's far too much to discuss to fit in one thread

kendrick fans become autistic at the sight of XXX and Lil Peep and just call the people posting them shills, it's much easier to just have those posters hide the threads they don't want to see then have to all sit in the same thread together, which is how this board has always worked
>>
File: mr_johnson.png (391KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
mr_johnson.png
391KB, 720x720px
Guys I really fucking like this cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4NKdl8Hho

Is there something wrong (right) with me?
>>
>>72136416
>At least in diversity you're wrong in all of them.
how so?
>>
>>72136300
Half of this was shit. Amerikkkan Korruption is best until new Kendrick inevitably reigns.
>>
File: rap.png (478KB, 1152x608px) Image search: [Google]
rap.png
478KB, 1152x608px
>general music board
>general

Why are rap fans so childish they have to flood and spam the board and can't contain their threads into just one or two like every other genre/umbrella?
>>
>>72136997
because there's more to talk about with rap than other genres
>>
>>72137062
What a stupid and awful thing to say. Especially about a genre where the lyrical themes are identical among artists.
>>
>>72137072
>Especially about a genre where the lyrical themes are identical among artists.
What a stupid and awful thing to say.

go back to posting 'rap is all about bitches, money and guns' on youtube
>>
File: Screenshot_20170409-072105.jpg (320KB, 969x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170409-072105.jpg
320KB, 969x1332px
>>
Its literally EDM with rapping

>>>r/music
>>
>>72137171
>rap is rapping guys!!!

Go back to your containment thread
>>72135673
>>
>>72137214
Rap is a vocal style existing for centuries before hip hop started.
>>
>>72136260
What are those genres?
>>
>>72137246
Techno
House
Breaks
UKGarage

Only the last isn't as old as hip hop
>>
>>72137228
Rapping, spoken word poetry, and the rhythmic oral storytelling of the West African griots are not the same.
>>
>>72137273
>all vocals to a beat

Yes, they are.
>>
>>72137280
>vocals to a beat
This literally describes all popular music. Simplifying your argument doesn't make it more credible, just easier to dismiss.
>>
H-hello African Americans and others interested in hip hop. I would like to ask you if you're older than 17 and still listen to this genre unironically. do you actually take it seriously?

Is it the lyrical content that you deem worthy of serious attention? Is it sort of an aesthetic that becomes more and more interesting the more you immerse yourself in the genre? I'm assuming hip hop becomes highly referential the more you listen to it, so it's only natural that more intricacies surface and you're able to negotiate them better as you acquire more knowledge.

B-but, do you actually take it seriously? The author is dead in hip-hop. I'm sure you know that. And the industry involved in its making isn't really concerned with art. Your interpretation might raise it to that level, but I feel as if it's an autistic aesthetic effort more than anything else.

You're all joking with the hip hop meme, right?
>>
File: future.jpg (107KB, 620x619px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
107KB, 620x619px
pic related is the best future release out of the DS2, evol, etc era seriously. its production is better and more consistent than DS2 100%. also, i get that HNDRX was his most emotional album but I still thought it was shit/his worst
>>
>>72137303
You'd dismissed any argument before this conversation started so its pointless anyway.
>>
>>72137305
hip-hop has been electronic music for a minute. i listen to hip-hop for the production 99% of the time, specifically trap, because unless i'm listening to juke/footwork, I don't hear that exhibition of of 808 drums, especially bass, anywhere else. if you can prove me wrong I'd be happy to stop listening to trap but right now it feels a void in percussion exhibition in my opinion. their synths are usually pretty lovely as well though
>>
>>72137319
That sort of insistence is more dismissive than mine is, because you're presupposing intent instead of articulating meaningful contradiction, which only serves to set you up for one of two responses
>no, you're wrong.
>well you just say that because...
>>
>>72137330
>hip-hop has been electronic music for a minute.

What? Its always been electronic bar the odd outlier like The Roots.
>>
>>72137319
To me your argument is about as sound as saying the Cubism has existed for thousands of years because who HASN'T used lines before?
>>
>>72137358
>your argument

Not mine, every resource, database and academia internationally since Kool Herc arrived in the Bronx.
>>
>>72137358
why are you being so disrespectful to the ancestors and roots who started rapping or whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit nigga
>>
Can you guys reccomend me anything similar to this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DaN6H2aYC6I
I normally don't listen to hip hop but this is dope, I want more
>>
>>72137312
>>72137154
>(you)
>>
>>72137382
I'm talking about culture and words. Categorization. Call it musical taxonomy. Your goddamn definition is infantile.
>>
>>72137154
Respectable, except for the fact Chance is out of place on a list with Kendrick, Earl, and Vince Staples
>>
>>72137419
He has the popularity of Kendrick and a well managed artistic maturity, some of the best lyrics in hip hop, and he's one of the only rappers that plays with melody.

And Surf was incredible. People who don't like him have either never had a girlfriend or never made someone laugh before.
>>
>>72137436
>People who don't like him have either never had a girlfriend or never made someone laugh before
dude
i like chance but that was real fruity
>>
>>72137436
>People who don't like him have either never had a girlfriend or never made someone laugh before.
dawg most people who like chance are in their first semester of college

he's literally fratboy rap, certainly belongs nowhere near the words 'best lyrics'
>>
Is this the best Lil Peep tape?
>>
>>72137558
> certainly belongs nowhere near the words 'best lyrics'

hip hop doesn't belong near the words 'best lyrics'. There is a hierarchy within its own framework and it might be useful to differentiate between forms of cancer and prefer one over another, but please tell me you're not actually taking hip hop lyrics seriously
>>
>>72137669
T. I'm not woke
>>
>>72137677
I'm certainly not woke
>>
>>72137669
>>72137669
>but please tell me you're not actually taking hip hop lyrics seriously
why not? kanye is a poet among the rest
>>
>>72137694
erm, s-son, do you mind if I call you that? I suspect you're quite young. I also suspect you're not a big fan of literature or poetry since you're calling kanye a poet.

I see, I'm being trolled
>>
>>72137694
>Gossip, gossip, nigga just stop it
>Everybody know I'm a motherfucking monster
>I'ma need to see your fucking hands at the concert
>Profit, profit, nigga I got it
>Everybody know I'm a motherfucking monster
>I'ma need to see your fucking hands

riiiiight
>>
>>72137669
>please tell me you're not actually taking hip hop lyrics seriously
Why should hip hop lyrics not be taken as seriously? If anything, hip hop focuses more on lyricism than a lot of other genres.
>inb4 Chief Keef, Viper, or Soulja Boy lyrics
Every genre has artists with shit tier lyrics.
>>
>>72137062
No there isn't
>>
>>72137761
>No there isn't
very convincing arguement
>>
>>72137778
Every duplicate hip hop thread that floods the catalog is some one word shitpost, so your argument doesn't really hold.
>>
>>72137741
because those lyrics intended as social commentary translate as the discourse of an adolescent activist with very little historical understanding and few ethical considerations. That's over 50% of the so called ' woke' category. Then you have relationship lyrics and feels which also translate to me as laments of an emotionally underdeveloped teenager with narcissistic tendencies. I can agree that some lyrics have some literary merit, but their actual content is infantile. I guess you could find it revealing if you don't read, but guys, you should be reading.
>>
>>72137413
Pls stop shitposting and answer
>>
>>72137800
>thread about death grips, not a one word shitpost
>thread about lil ugly mane, not a one word shitpost
>under-rated hip-hop album thread, not a one word shitpost
>The Top 10 Hip-Hop Albums of All Time, not a one word shitpost
why do you even complain about hip-hop threads when you can't recognize them? does hip-hop annoy you that much? you know you can just hide those threads right?
>>
File: 1492062578231.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492062578231.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>72137801
>social commentary
hip hop lyricism is generally judged on how the message is conveyed, not what the message is. Creativity and cleverness with wordplay and rhyme structure is a lot more important.
If you're looking to hip hop or really music in general for 'social commentary' with 'historical understanding' and 'ethical considerations,' you might be retarded.

>I guess you could find it revealing if you don't read
Are you seriously trying to brag about reading?
>>
>>72137413
>>72137812
Since you asked nicely
If it's the horns you like there's a lot of tracks that sample horns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA
Danny brown and MF DOOM
>>
>>72137915
>hip hop lyricism is generally judged on how the message is conveyed, not what the message is
and aestheticized discourse can lend itself to the ramblings of a clinical retards, that is true. I have already conceited that there might be some literary merit to some lyrics in hip hop, but the cleverness you are speaking of is that of a 6th grader that's well trained in poetry.

And I wouldn't rush to dismiss the motivations of hip hop listeners. Being unironically 'woke' is a direct result of people listening for social commentary.

>Are you seriously trying to brag about reading?
I guess, yeah. All I'm saying is that if you had an active interest in literature, the criteria and standards by which you judge hip hop lyrics would objectively get a bit more sophisticated and you wouldn't derive as much pleasure from them. You can still get autistic when it comes to creating an aesthetic of hip hop as a form of expression, but you wouldn't take it seriously.
>>
>>72137933
What I like in the song are the vocal samples, and the mix between upbeat music and dark athmosphere
But I like what you reccopended, thanks
>>
File: 1492076778075.png (16KB, 1144x582px) Image search: [Google]
1492076778075.png
16KB, 1144x582px
>electronic
>music
kys
>>
>>72137985
>but the cleverness you are speaking of is that of a 6th grader that's well trained in poetry
That's just not true. It's not even a matter of opinion. If the songs you listen to are commercially popular #Bangerz then yeah, but when you get into actual lyrical hip hop it's much more complex and crafted than that.

>motivations of hip hop listeners
Whatever it happens to be, the motivation of the listeners doesn't affect the music.

>an active interest in literature
I could tell you that I do, in fact, have an active interest in literature and MIRACULOUSLY still enjoy hip hop, but you seem like the type to turn reading into a dick measuring contest.

You seem like you haven't put in the time to seek out and listen to some of hip hop's extremely talented writers, writers that are way beyond Chance, Kendrick, or Vince Staples lyrically. I'm sure if we looked at whatever genre you think has the 'best lyrics,' the most popular songs would be equal, if not worse, lyrically, than someone like Kendrick.

Also, before you try to use a vocabulary that you think gives off the impression that you're intelligent, you should google the definition of conceded as opposed to conceited. All I'm saying is that if you had an active interest in literature, you probably wouldn't have to.
>>
>>72137558

>dawg most people who like chance are in their first semester of college

Like the vast majority of /mu/ posters.
>>
>>72138232
>That's just not true. It's not even a matter of opinion. If the songs you listen to are commercially popular #Bangerz then yeah, but when you get into actual lyrical hip hop it's much more complex and crafted than that.
>You seem like you haven't put in the time to seek out and listen to some of hip hop's extremely talented writers, writers that are way beyond Chance, Kendrick, or Vince Staples lyrically. I'm sure if we looked at whatever genre you think has the 'best lyrics,' the most popular songs would be equal, if not worse, lyrically, than someone like Kendrick.

I'm open to recommendations. I grew up on hip hop, grew out of it a long time ago. Like I said, I'm open to recs.

>Whatever it happens to be, the motivation of the listeners doesn't affect the music.
I agree, but we were talking about motivations there.

>conceded vs conceited
Fair enough. either auto-correct or brain fart.
>>
>>72138268
>Like the vast majority of /mu/ posters.
i'd suspect more are in high school unless the demographics changed since i started posting
>>
>>72136212
No.
>>
>>72138368
solid 6/10
>>
>>72137719
UHHHHHH I PUT THAT PUSSEH IN A SARCOPHAGUS
>>
File: 840316429083237517.png (2MB, 3600x2700px) Image search: [Google]
840316429083237517.png
2MB, 3600x2700px
>>72138278
Recommendations are difficult, because different people like different mixes of beats and flows, but if you listened to hip hop a long time ago, you have probably either heard or would like MF DOOM or Aesop Rock. MF DOOM is considered by a lot of people to have some of the greatest lines in history.

Also, personally, I think Lil Ugly Mane has some excellent wordplay and an incredible vocabulary, and deserves to be mentioned when talking about wordplay. Many people hate Lil Ugly Mane, so YMMV.

You might find this interesting too.
https://pudding.cool/2017/02/vocabulary/
It's really only prolific old(ish) school rappers, but it's still interesting.
Note the location of Shakespeare and Moby Dick.
>>
File: 1460758838683.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460758838683.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>72137801
I wish I could be as sheltered as you

Motion sickness whilst still televised, the anger builds the thickness mile of tension molar abrasives into five days
Bookmark my stark naked feelings and look hard at yourselves to walk
The message, no space, I need a bit more leeway
I donate my mind to science everytime that I order takeout
Spring emotional leaks and streak through harsh worlds to get your attention
That scattered seed spread so sparse, that farce will never be mentioned
Dart through catacombs near plastic homes, I'm torn apart
Average, my unease, as I replace my you's with me's and I get knocked down to my knees and wonder what's the purpose
My feet dangle as my feelings get tangled, I need to express but worry just how much they will accept
It's obvious that my rights are left exposed and open to their onslaught
Not my destiny, it's your destination for one to be oneself, takes constant visitation
I seem to stub my toes like I major in hesitation
To be quite honest I'd break my promise and make you walk barefoot on the shards of it
Why do I push me towards the pulpit and make me adjust my straight line to dodge where the sitting bull shits
Necessity to tidy up the area, strip my hedges ever so slight and sprinke life throughout the area
Never to be viewed unless you swing like moods throughout the area
>>
>>72136331
fuck man i hate when rappers rap over rap beats
>>
>>72136331
Hopsin is what would happen if reddit made a black rapper
>>
>>72138451
Okay, thank you. I'll revisit those.
>>72138458
That's cute. Nothing wrong with it, but definitely qt. This is patronising I know, but it's all I have time to say right now.
>>
>>72136331
DID
>>
>>72136300
I loved the first song but only for that switch into the gospel sound. Can't really say much for the rest of the album.
>>
>>72138641
THE
>>
>>72136212
why is his shit so expensive
>>
>>72139187
child support
>>
>>72138810
MAN
>>
>>72139317
WHO
>>
>>72139679
INVENTED
>>
someone link the carti tape
>>
>>72138368

im a huge roc marci stan but the shit mastering on this thing prevents it from even being in the discussion
>>
>>72139876
True but then again his stuff was never that well mastered. With some hip hop you kinda have to take and bare that element.
>>
>>72136212
holy shit this is great

thanks
>>
>>72139903

i know but i really dug the dusty sound of his previous stuff. this one is just bad imo. i cant even hear him over some beats

and u know marci is all about COLD ASS BARS BRUH BRUH
>>
>>72139759
dbr.e
e/E6DI
>>
>>72139876
>>72139938

kinda the same thing that happens with Blu on all his projects. dude can rap his ass off but refuses to spend time mastering properly. Good to be home would be incredible if I could hear wtf he's saying
>>
>>72137413
that's some caravan palace shit senpai honestly a little cringey for me personally
>>
>>72136997
>12/150 threads are about one genre
>the horror
nice
>>
>>72139735
COLLEGE
>>
>>72137305
>Is it the lyrical content that you deem worthy of serious attention
>lyrics matter in music
hmmm
>>
>>72140187
Very true, i truly don't get how the fuck it happens.

I mean, even Below The Heavens was criticised for this and Give Me My Flowers... originally leaked as some unmastered version. When you check the credits he seems to use legit people to do this, dunno if he's asking for discounts or somthing.
>>
>>72137154
Wheres Gangsta Gibbs?
>>
>>72140481
i feel like its because he gets too excited and wants to release it before its finished and also because he has some weird love affair with lo-fi but he doesn't know how to do it properly.
>>
>>72137154
this is so bad it hurts
>>
>>72137075
Name a rapper that doesn't brag about something, or expressing machismo
>>
>>72136066
hip hop/powerviolence shit here
https://apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough
>>
>>72137602
hellboy's highs are higher but its more consistent imo.
>>
>>72140820
sadistik maybe? milo? someone like that probably.
>>
>>72136360
agreed
>>72136363
i think the post was saying how just containing the kendrick threads would be a massive improvement let alone all of the hip hop related ones
>>
>>72140934
this is very true considering 99% of kdot threads are all the same. there is no way it will happen though with the album dropping tomorrow. it's gonna be everywhere with 10/10 posts and 0/10 posts and trolls and pol. mu will turn to shit for like 2 weeks.

anyways
do you guys think we'll have a leak today?
anyone have a favorite album so far this year? I'm pretty partial to Wiley and Elucid but it's been pretty damn weak so far.
>>
>>72136212
exactly what i was looking for.
ill remember this anon
>>
>>72140449
I see, so patricians listen to hip hop for delivery and production. I feel like there is so much to learn. Tell me more.
>>
File: 1491332931966.jpg (25KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1491332931966.jpg
25KB, 405x405px
Why do rappers always talk about the same fucking shit? Do they just lack self-awareness of do they just do it for the dosh?

>Bitches
>Bling bling
>I am awesome
>I got nothing to prove, so I repeat that in every single song
>I am a badass
>I will shoot you and fuck your bitch
>Drugs
>Did I tell you how awesome I am yet?
>Retarded laughter
>I am so humble, you don't even know how humble I am
>Look at how much money I have
>I am rad, yo
Every fucking rap song ever. Why are all rappers so insecure about themselves?
>>
File: cover.jpg (664KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
664KB, 1400x1400px
>>72139187 >>72139907 >>72141014
you might also like

https://soundcloud.com/thagodfahim/sets/tha-tragedy-of-shogunn
>>
Anyone got the Playboi Carti album plug?
>>
>>72141442
Hello!
It's shit.
>>
File: cover.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>72141702
no an arguement

how do you feel about Dreams of Medina 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ur81CTXIHw
>>
>>72141442
>https://soundcloud.com/thagodfahim/sets/tha-tragedy-of-shogunn

DUDE THAT FIRST TRACK IS COMFY AS FUCK.
>>
File: FveYK73.jpg (921KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
FveYK73.jpg
921KB, 864x864px
>>72141702
or maybe Mach-Hommy's Haitian Body Odor?

https://soundcloud.com/mach-hommy/sets/hbo-haitian-body-odor
>>
>>72140820
Kevin Abstract
>>
>>72140838
I'm just starting Hellboy now, looking forward to these highs

https://soundcloud.com/lil_peep/sets/hellboy
>>
>>72141750
Bro 1080p is the shit, I remember Earl and Knx did a RMBA radio set and I heard it and instantly fell in love. I'm happy Mach Hommy dropped it, so I didn't have to listen to the dirty radio version.
>>
thoughts on EP pictured?
>>
File: mach-hommy-meet.jpg (32KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
mach-hommy-meet.jpg
32KB, 600x315px
>>72141786
>>72141786
>Earl
I was wondering what the context of this pic was..

>“Go listen to fucking Mach-Hommy, man. Do your Googles.”—Earl on RBMA Radio

1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtKqAVrOUeQ

Snow Beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8Pr_01LS8
>>
>>72140391
The rapping is dope tho
>>
>>72141746
Those fucking saxes. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>72141801
decent/10
>>
>>72141801
I've never heard Royce solo, I've only ever heard him in features. I probably need to listen this EP before I can form any opinions, for me at least.
>>
>>72140820
Cise Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPwKqmpXIAc
>>
STOP MAKING GENERALS
>>
>>72141891
it's on Spotify. DatPiff if you want all the usual mixtape DJ/producer calls (not as annoying as you would think, though.

>>72141875
yeah, some beats on this were pretty experimental but for the most part i liked it more than Layers
>>
i can't be the only /gayboiclique/ fan in here
>>
>>72142003
wtf does that mean. you mean playboi?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (139KB, 601x312px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
139KB, 601x312px
>>72141868
>Those fucking saxes. Jesus Christ.
>>72141746
>DUDE THAT FIRST TRACK IS COMFY AS FUCK.
>>
no

https://soundcloud.com/gayboiclique/lil-foreskin-dicc-in-mah-butt-prod-callari-rondocheek
>>
>>72142033
>lil-foreskin-dicc-in-mah-butt
>>
>>72142033
meant for
>>72142022
>>
>>72141385(You)
>>
File: 2606182.main_image.jpg (138KB, 1496x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2606182.main_image.jpg
138KB, 1496x1500px
>>72142033
>lil foreskin
>dicc in mah butt

LOL I REMEMBER LIL FORESKIN

this is the only song I like by him.
https://soundcloud.com/gayboiclique/lil-dic-beatin-my-meat-snippitlets-bring-real-hiphop-back
>>
>>72142103
check out this banger

https://soundcloud.com/dreamthug666/lil-4-x-lil-goonie-can-i-dreamthugexclusive
>>
File: scared.png (271KB, 951x459px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
271KB, 951x459px
NxWorries(Anderson Paak. & Knxwledge) dropped Scared Money video. Which comes with a remix of "Best One" by Knxwledge.

What do you guys think? I think the Basketball Court scenes are comfy.

https://youtu.be/sHWFfF6faeA
>>
>>72136329
>that's because there's less to discuss about classical and jazz
What the fuck are you even talking about? Do you know how many renditions of Beethoven's 9th symphony exist in recorded history? Do you know how many compositions Mozart had? Classical music couldn't be covered in a lifetime.

Jazz is much more discussable than hip hop, and always be. Without jazz, your trash ass memerap wouldn't exist.
>>
File: 1487673799002.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487673799002.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>72137602
>>72140838
>>72141785
No way Hellboy is better. It was alright but Lil Peep has better projects out. My favourite is Castles (the first one). 3 really good songs, castles being my favourite. Lil Tracys verse is so good there.
>>
File: a1974259911_5.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a1974259911_5.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
>>72136212
reminds me of the Dropdead cover

and my favorite so far is Hitler On Steroids. Mixtape of old stuff, but I haven't found anything in 2017 to listen to as far as rap goes.
>>
>>72142158
honestly i really didnt expect a video for this song but im so happy they did it.
vid is dope, i think their outfits are actually fresh as fuck
>>
File: IMG_7330.jpg (228KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7330.jpg
228KB, 1152x2048px
Lebron James is playing DAMN. snippets on his IG story
>http://instagram.com/kingjames
>>
>>72142158
I clicked through 4:22 minutes of video and all I got was hipster faggotry and singing. No raps.

I give this a 3/10.
>>
>>72140820
Why the fuck is that bad? It's part of the culture.

Name an indie artist who doesn't write about love.
>>
>>72137305
Have you ever talked to a hip-hop fan in real life? Like an actual head, not some hypebeast who jerks off to Kanye and Chance, like someone who takes the artistry seriously?

You wouldn't ask these dumb questions if you have. You guys can be so ignorant on this board sometimes, I can't tell when you're joking or not.
>>
>>72143114
Sure. PiL
>>
>>72137305
I'm 18, not American, not white, not black, not indian or any other stereotype for a modern hip hop fan, besides the age.

Lyrical content should be the genre's most important aspect if people stayed true to its roots. It's evolved to be focused on melody and hooks, which is fine, but that's all that gets attention nowadays.
I don't really give a shit about the Young Thugs, Lil' Yachtys, the Uzi Verts, etc. There are some trap tracks I can enjoy, but never on the same level as underground or older hip hop.

Hip Hop is completely and overly commercialized now, I think that fucked it for good. It's no longer an art form made by a specific group of people with similar issues, it's now a mass market product.
>>
my personal favorite hip hop track is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGSU2Vi7TM
>>
>>72143727
I actually fuck with this.
Thanks for sharing
>>
File: R-129157-1195382463.jpg (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
R-129157-1195382463.jpg
104KB, 500x500px
Anyone else think this is better than anything N.W.A. ever did as a group?
>>
>>72137353
>What? Its always been electronic bar the odd outlier like The Roots.
that's what im saying mate can you read?
>>
>>72137415
really good point anon! kys
>>
who has the best verse on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w73qxCxRnWE
>>
>>72136251
>hip-hop is more diverse
Holy shit m8 kill yourself
>>
>>72136251
there's not a genre on earth more diverse than classical, jazz comes close too
this is just fucking laughable man
>>
>>72140434
GO
>>
>>72136212
link to DL pls
>>
File: 1474948828370.jpg (78KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
1474948828370.jpg
78KB, 600x649px
>>72144686
just found these links on google, not my upload so can't guarantee anything
http://dopefile.pk/uq4k06x6n1y7
https://www.mupload.net/rlcp5w8hxgn0

try searching first next time 'shogunn fahim download', not that hard
>>
>>72137312
this. How any of you guys fuck with HNDRX is hilarious lmfao
>>
>>72144615
TO
>>
>>72144731
I wasn't really expecting a response so thanks for your effort.

those guys stuff looks like it'd be tough to find a DL for. figured I'd have to try Soulseek eventually.
>>
Who does /hhg/ consider the best beat maker of all time?
>>
File: timbaland-4fa045d85bcc7.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
timbaland-4fa045d85bcc7.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>72144850
>>
>>72144731
>https://www.mupload.net/rlcp5w8hxgn0
2nd links don't work
>>
Dude mumble rap is fun and all, and I love Young Thug and stuff.

But like NOTHING beats just pure bars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P3jEubgksk
>>
>>72141801
Better than Layers. But I don't know, I like him as an artist and on features just feel like his projects are never that good.

>>72136300
I actually like Gibbs, but this was a 5/10, only half of it is good
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 1350x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 1350x582px
>>72144888
why is this so difficult for you?
>>
File: whenyounoticethewhipbumpin.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
whenyounoticethewhipbumpin.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Anyone listening to Playboi Carti?

Some of these songs go
>>
>>72144904
This dude's spitting but he's not saying fucking anything. young thug's one liners have more substance than this dude's entire "freestyle"

>>72144850
alchemist has made some classics, zaytoven is a god, dj paul and juicy j may be my personal favorites though. screw is also up there
>>
>>72137713
I bet Catcher in the Rye is your favourite book.
>>
>>72142003
Brandon???

Only boul I know irl who fucks with GBC so you're either Brandon or I'm ignorant to how popular they are
>>
>>72144972
going to be on repeat for awhile

only track i didn't like from my first listen was no. 9
>>
>>72144850
Pharrell or Kanye
>>
File: stank.png (608KB, 827x767px) Image search: [Google]
stank.png
608KB, 827x767px
>>72145005
damn, I thought no. 9 sounded pretty cool.

I'm listening on low volume though so idk if the lyrics are bad or anything. I diggin the vibes mostly.
>>
>>72144972
I used to bump BrokeBoi, but Carrie is just another average rapper to me. Hopefully his new album proves me wrong.
>>
File: yeahthatsdope.png (435KB, 944x767px) Image search: [Google]
yeahthatsdope.png
435KB, 944x767px
>>72145208
I don't follow him at all really. I've heard Broke Boi once or twice and had to search it up again today before I got this mixtape to remind myself what it sounded like.

Most of my interest stems from Rocky's interest in him.

This tape is pretty cool though if only just for the production. Hopefully he doesn't take 3 more years to release his album. I'd like to hear a focused effort from this guy.
>>
I started this two years ago. Who else was in the original here?
>>
File: hhgkk.jpg (182KB, 1256x1256px) Image search: [Google]
hhgkk.jpg
182KB, 1256x1256px
>>72145327
I've got like 10 of these images saved yet
>>
>>72145327
I used to frequent as much as possible so we could actually talk about hip hop. Then there were less and less threads and it became a dumping ground for old mixtapes. I had the one picture with the dude with the snakes on the leash.
>>
File: hhgpalaces.jpg (525KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
hhgpalaces.jpg
525KB, 900x900px
>>72145503
gotchu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjd79d7-ggI
>>
>>72142003
im a /gayboiclique/ now
>>
>>72144994
Hey fuck you buddy what's so wrong with that? It's MY favorite book and I gaurentee you can't levy a valid argument against it from your broke ass head.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aHKJfFuEZ4
>>
File: Summer Daze.png (913KB, 692x691px) Image search: [Google]
Summer Daze.png
913KB, 692x691px
https://soundcloud.com/synergymusic/summer-daze-ft-logic

>$ynergy
>Logic
>>
>>72146916
wicca phase soundchecking to this was better than peep's version lol
>>
>>72136212
Wow.. really good. I have to check this out.
This is what I've been enjoying this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9RdKKB3u8
>>72143895
It's my favorite West coast album period
>>
>>72147395
I'm a big fan of Word..Life. Does that one compare to it at all?
>>
>>72147482
Not better but you'll really like it, plus I wasn't too big on anything else that came out so far this year. If anyone's got more recs from this year I'm all ears
>>
>>72143405
dont listen to them kid current hiphop is far superior to old bum bup funky one in all aspects.

Modern hh has goat beats and generally speaking is one the very few genres that evolves in a positive way every decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS8h73WBPYE
>>
I still see Lil Wayne as the best rapper alive just for his consistency during c2/c3 era and his back to back to back to back drops in the mid 2000's to early 2010's
>>
>>72138657
new kendrick wont be good you fucking pathetic ape loving positive faggot
>>
>>72142003
>>72142033
waiting on the gbc tape for months now
>>
>>72147969
Ice Cube and G Rap are still breathing last I checked.

but yeah, Wayne is up there as far as the 2000s go for sure.
>>
>>72144946
he's been features on some pretty prominent songs. you also got groups he's in like PRhyme, Bad Meets Evil, and Slaughterhouse.
>>
>>72148239
DICKSUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>72148258
i'd have to say tho, my fav songs from that would have to be "Black History", "Rap on Steroids", and "Digest It". of course "Tabernacle", but not classified into there
>>
>>72137602
yeah
>>
>>72144994
catcher is a great book
>>
>>72145301
dehh is the comfiest music channel, nardwuar's is the best but dehh is the most comfy. Love how each guy brings something completely different to the table, and it's been cool to see feefo develop the ability to express his thoughts over the years. Wish I had friends like that.
>>
>>72150567
fuck off nigga everyone's in the myriad of kendrick threads
>>
>>72144766
COLLEGE?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RaBdSCjAY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FA28eFbzas
>>
Thoughts on tee grizzley?
>>
File: 1460707787924.jpg (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460707787924.jpg
97KB, 500x500px
>>72150653
good, that means we can talk about some real music
>>
>>72145208
Carti has fantastic flow, don't sleep on him. He has a great personality too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DokszoiLh1Q
>>
How does one get into Lil Uzi Vert?
>>
>>72152468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgmvg-zzctI
>>
>>72136066
FUCK OUTTA HERE. FUCK NIGGA
>>
>>72152468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsf0CK91lM
>>
>>72150938
decent tape. has a bunch of good songs but probably won't be remembered by the end of the year.

>>72152468
listen to his mixtapes
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.