[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: BeatlesForSale_1.jpg (342KB, 1482x1482px) Image search: [Google]
BeatlesForSale_1.jpg
342KB, 1482x1482px
>>
The "everything before Rubber Soul is bad" meme.
>>
because everything before rubber soul is bad
>>
people hate that album? it's their best pre-Rubber Soul album
>>
my theory is because its a transitional album and the last one to feature covers so its over looked but its fucking great. every single lennon/mccartney track on this one is gold and of course "rock n roll music" and "everyone trying to be my baby" are some of their best covers. i personally like beatles for sale better than help! and certainly more than please please me and beatles for sale.
>>
>>72132673

its not better than a hard days night
>>
1) Everything before Help! is bad.
2) Everything before Help! is full of covers.
3) This album is *especially* full of covers.
4) The stuff that isn't covers sucks even more than most of the stuff before Help! There are only two classic original compositions on this album: "Eight Days a Week" and "I'm a Loser"
5) Both of these songs are indirectly about how pissed off the Beatles were to be making this album.
6) The Beatles were pissed off to make this album and hinted at the fact with the album art and title.
>>
This was my favorite Beatles album when I was in my early teens because of the first few tracks but now I can barely get through the rest of the album
>>
>>72132757
you haven't listened to A Hard Day's Night
>>
>>72132857
Not him but Ringo's drumming on Hard Day's Night ruins the record.
>>
>>72132661
>>72132673
What about Help
>>
Dunno I kinda like it but for nostalgia reasons. It was one of the few cassettes I had as a kid.
>>
>>72132577
I far from hate it, but I feel like it was a transformative period for the band where they wanted to get a bit more lyrically deep but were still reluctant to do so
>>
File: John Paul.png (396KB, 679x478px) Image search: [Google]
John Paul.png
396KB, 679x478px
>>72132577
I don't hate it, but I do think it's the worst Beatles album. Every McCartney solo album in the 70s was better than this.

That being said I'll Follow The Sun and Every Little Thing are absolutely top tier Beatles songs.
>>
>>72133240
are they pretending to be Bri
>>
>>72132577
Dubs poses a very good question.
I guess it's a matter of personal taste but I always liked this album and the U.S. counterpart Beatles 65.
>>
>>72132577
No one hates it. Thats the thing with the Beatles, every album they put out was top tier.
>>
>>72132757
>I'm a Loser
>No Baby's in Black
>>
>>72132757
>1) Everything before Help! is bad.
This is wrong
>2) Everything before Help! is full of covers.
This is wrong
>3) This album is *especially* full of covers.
This is wrong
>4) The stuff that isn't covers sucks even more than most of the stuff before Help! There are only two classic original compositions on this album: "Eight Days a Week" and "I'm a Loser"
This si wrong
>5) Both of these songs are indirectly about how pissed off the Beatles were to be making this album.
Probably not
>6) The Beatles were pissed off to make this album and hinted at the fact with the album art and title.
I think they were more exhausted and starting to tire of being Beatles
>>
>>72132701
the beatles are my favourite band, but hard day's night is mad overrated
>>
>>72134486
are you pretending to be intelligent
>>
>>72134936
>muh beatles
grow up
>>
>>72132673
>Forgetting about Help

Dude
>>
File: IMG_0544.jpg (93KB, 763x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
93KB, 763x619px
>>72135029
>>
>>72132577
Because the Beatles are overrated trash.
>>
I'm a loser baby
So why don't you kill me
>>
>>72132701
It is, though.
>>
WHAT YOU'RE DOING

TO

MEEEEEE
>>
>>72132673
I actually agree with this
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.