[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

/mu/ isn't big on Drake, but I want to talk about this.

I understand the exposure this presents smaller artists with, and the songs aren't necessarily unpleasant on the ears. I actually really like Gyalchester and Portland and Blem, and all that. Actually, I can't think of a song that I distinctly dislike. But, I don't like this album.

This whole project, it's not trash, but it feels trashy and I can't quite place why. Something feels off and it makes me view the project as a whole in a negative light even though I can't isolate any specifically bad tracks.
>>
>>72130154
I think he'll have more chunes for your headtop so watch how you speak on his name, ya know?
>>
>>72130154
you just did desu, Portland and Blem are fucking trash
>>
i havent listened to it but i agree. Drake peaked with If Youre Reading This. Views and his recent features have been real lame. Drakes always been corny but recently hes just felt really inauthentic, even in his corniness
>>
>>72130405
Nah, Portland is fine. Its simplistic and infectious (Michael PHELPS with the swim moves).

There's nothing wrong with it.

I can see why you might dislike Blem, but I think it's neat.
>>
not a fan of Drake, haven't heard this album yet

is any of it any different than his other stuff's weird tryhard over-the-top singing and vocal emphasis or does it actually indulge in other territories?
>>
>>72130154
Only tracks I like are Passionfruit, 4422 and Ice Melts, and Drake is the worst part of those tracks (not even on 4422)
>>
>>72130412
You should give it a listen. I'm not exactly sure why I dislike More Life so much, since like I said, the songs on there aren't necessarily bad. It's just, I don't know.

The Sampha feature doesn't even feel like a real Sampha song, so much as it feels like Sampha doing his best Sampha impression or parody.

What do you mean Inauthentic in his corniness?
>>
>>72130477
Well, if you dislike Drake, you might like More Life, because that nigga is never around. Anyone who came for Drake will feel like a kid with daddy issues when they're done.
>>
>>72130446
I don't know man. I'm a pre-Views Drake fan and was really hoping he will bounce back with this but it was even worse than Views in my opinion. I can write a TED talk on why every song on it fucking suck. It's kinda funny because the only fine tracks started with Sampha and Skepta's songs, then it went to shit again until Glow came on which is in my opinion the only song with some thought put in its production and excution, but even that I think Drake kinda ruins it with his singing in the middle of it. I don't know how or why but he just doesn't sound like he did before Views. His rapping and singing are straight annoying now.
>>
>>72130446
>don't let this niggas ride your wave

>drake literally rides every wave

NEXT
>>
>>72130590
He has exactly 0 energy on this album. On tracks where he's supposed to be going in 'hard' he just sounds bored at the mic
>>
>>72130617
I thought that was pretty ironic, but it only made me like the song more.

Like >>72130511 this post says, it's more so Quavo and Travis' song anyway.
>>
>>72130590
>I can write a TED talk on why every song fucking sucks.

Well could you? I'd like to read it.
I generally agree with you though.
>>
>>72130590
Do not disturb is bretty good but yeah it's mostly garbage
>>
>>72130628
yeah that's one reason I don't like his rapping voice on here. It shows on tracks like Free Smoke and Gyalchester

>>72130835
I only like the sample, Snoh Aalegra - Time but the song itself something is kinda off, but I agree it's another fine track. I forgot to mention it.

>>72130663
I think I need to relisten to it to do that but I'll try, I'm kind of busy now so I'll try to summarize.

Free Smoke - I like the sample, how the beat goes in then Drake starts rapping, now it sucks. Skip.

No Long Talk - Do I really need to explain? Skip.

Passionfruit - I need to understand the hype around this song. The beat sounds like something someone with some insight on production and DAWs for like a month or two can do, Drake's singing is underwhelming as fuck. The hook sucks. The lyrics are cringe. The Moodymann sample is shit and unnecessary. I'd rather listen to Hold On We're Going Home. Skip.

Jorja Interlude, Get It Together (Too Good part 2 which fucking sucked anyway,) Madiba Riddim (I hated this song at first but the hook kinda grew on me but it's still trash) and Blem - Dancehall Drake, skip.

4422 - I like Sampha but this sounds like something that didn't make his album, too repititive and the production is meh. It's fine though. Skip

Gyalchester - The hook and the beat are kinda good but as usual, Drake's verses are trash and he sounds lazy as fuck. I have way better versions of this on IYRTITL. Skip

Skepta Interlude - Finally something that made me move! The beat is kinda trashy but Skepta kills it to be honest. Overall, it's somewhere between fine and good

Portland - The beat is trash, Drake is trash, I fucking hate Migos so Quavo is trash and Travis Scott can't save it. Skip

Sacrifices - The beat is kinda nice but gets boring as the song goes on. Again Drake delivery is underwhelming, 2 Chainz verse belongs in the fucking garbage, Thugger kills it but even his verse gets meh halfway through it. Skip

Nothings into Somethings - SHANANANANAH. Skip.
>>
>>72131148
SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUP
>>
>>72131148
Teenage Fever - He literally took a J Lo hit and made it a hook and wrote whatever shit to make it a full song. I like the hook but it's too repititive. Drake's part is top 40-tier on this one. He sounds like Justin Bieber. Skip

KMT - fucking garbage. I like Giggs' part where he says BATMAN DEN DEN DUH DUH and the beat drops and it fades out, nice. Overally though, skip

Lose You - Actually Drake kinda spits here and the beat is interesting but something makes it meh overall. I don't know. Skip

Can't Have Everything - The beat is lazy, again Drake's delivery is underwhelming and I got IYRTITL. Skip

Glow - see >>72130590

trash

trash

trash

Do Not Disturb - like I said here >>72131148
>>
>>72131205
you know it's true though
>>
File: SKEEE.png (226KB, 364x504px) Image search: [Google]
SKEEE.png
226KB, 364x504px
>>72131590
SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP
>>
>>72130154
I could tell when he released the three trashier than views singles with some shitty looking cover art with even shittier typography that the album was going to be a mixtape not an actual project. I liked views initially but it's almost completely lost any merit with me as I don't listen to the album regularly anymore. I don't know he managed to pull off a worse album cover than the one the singles had but he actually did it. Oh yeah and this entire project is his worst by far.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.