[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some good early thrashy Death Metal like Possessed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Possessed - Seven Churches.jpg (74KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed - Seven Churches.jpg
74KB, 1440x1080px
What is some good early thrashy Death Metal like Possessed?
>>
I think as deathy thrash metal. Anyway
You might like early sepultura, morbid saint, demollition hammer, early kreator
>>
bathory
venom
scream bloody gore by death
>>
>>72129322
>>72129331
I've listened to all of those except for Morbid Saint and Demolition Hammer, I'll be sure to check them out.
>>
Whilst not Death Metal, check out some German Thrash from around the time, stuff like Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction

Hellhammer is also a good shout as well.
>>
>>72129378
Thanks for the recommendations but I already listen to all of those a lot, they're some of my favorite bands. Do you know of any others of this style?
>>
>>72129421
Shit. Off the top of my head all I can think of is Sadus.
>>
take a look at some shit on rym if you've already listened to all the obvious bands
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/skunkspritz/first_wave_of_black_metal_timeline_and_bands/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSFJJzWFlrQ
>>
>>72129590
...listened to that too.
>>
>>72129610
I already have that list added under favorites from a while ago......
I'll check out that video though.
>>
Messiah
NME
Whiplash
Blood Feast
Flames Of Hell
Hypnosia
Master
Gouge
Final Breath
Ritual Carnage
Cancer
Tyrant Trooper
Thanatos
>>
File: 1450506150299.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1450506150299.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>72129706
Thanks a lot man
>>
>>72129734
no problem!
>>
>>72129612
Then you know a lot more than I do.
>>
>>72129867
Damn, and all this time I've thought I have so much more to learn about metal.
>>
>>72129706
Not knocking Cancer or anything as they're a good band, but aren't they much later than Possessed?
>>
>>72129891
OP here, It's alright they're good. That's the only band from the guy's list that I've already listened to.
>>
>>72129882
Nah don't sweat it, if there's anything I've learned from being a part of the community on and off over the years it's that there's always someone out there that knows more about it than you! It's all an ongoing process
>>
>>72129943
Yeah, I only just got into metal about a year ago. I always liked Metallica and stuff like that but I only recently started exploring all the different subgenres and bands metal has to offer.
>>
>>72129916
Ah fair, I think they're the only band from that list I can recall listening to as well. Thanatos might be another one, but that seems like one of those band names that gets overused alongside stuff like Armageddeon so I'm not sure.
>>
>>72129991
I listened to Master briefly but it was before I was into more extreme metal so I didn't like it back then, I've gotta revisit it.
>>
>>72129973
Fucking hell you've done a lot more digging than I've done over the past 13 or so years, I'm impressed! The internet has really come a long way when it comes to finding obscure Metal records.
>>
>>72130018
Ah that's fair, I've been like that with a few bands over the years, it's definitely worth revisiting stuff when you have a fresh mindset of what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>72129351
hooooly fuck you're in for a treat anon

> tfw will never listen to Spectrum of Death for the first time again
>>
>>72130042
I basically just kept listening to metal albums on my spare time while I browsed /mu/ and RYM looking for more metal because I've basically been addicted to metal and RIFFS for the last year or so. I just kept trying random related videos albums on YouTube and discovered a lot of good stuff and a lot of cool obscure stuff too. Ever since I started on Bathory and Slayer, I have not been able to stop listening to primarily metal.
>>
>>72129229
Listen to "Golem" by Protector. It's a great album in the vein of death/thrash.
>>
>>72129229
Massacra
>>
>>72130060
Definitely. It took me a while to get into black metal and even longer to get into death metal. I didn't really like Darkthrone on my first few listens but now they're one of my favorite bands, my ears just gradually became attuned to listening for the sick riffs over time.
>>72130095
I'm hype.
>>72130143
>>72130146
Thanks for the recs
>>
>>72129229
Sadistik Exekution takes a lot of influence from Possessed.
Check out a band called Blood Spill too.
>>
>>72130164
Just added them to my backlog
I'm listening to Demolition Hammer's first album, Tortured Existence, right now. It's pretty good so far, I'm likin it.
>>
File: death metal essentials.jpg (2MB, 1600x4300px) Image search: [Google]
death metal essentials.jpg
2MB, 1600x4300px
Guys I found this chart with a bit of what I'm looking for at the beginning of it in case anyone else was interested.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.