[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he irrelevant now? What was the height of his career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Cover.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
Is he irrelevant now? What was the height of his career?
>>
>>72125295
>What was the height of his career?
his debut
>>
>>72125295
his debut
>>
TCIA was criminally underrated so it figures that no one here liked it
>>
>>72125323
It was my AOTY last year.
>>
>>72125295
Never happened. James Blake's career was a fizzle, snap, crackle, and ultimately no pop. Even p4k admittedly sounded the false alarm on this whiny trust fundie. Post-dubstep was the beginning of the end of music criticism as a viable and legitimate thing. Through his music, he comes across as a very cowardly soul.
>>
>>72125323
I just wish it wasn't one of those ridiculously long 17 track spotify/apple music/tidal albums. Too much filler.
>>
>>72125360
Post-dubstep almost isn't even a thing now. Everyone calls it "bass music", "future bass" or "future garage". It's almost like people liked the music, but thought it was a shitty label for it lol.
>>
>white guy does shitty motown revival without the talent and waters down his production
yawn
atleast chet faker knew he was a fraud.
>>
>>72125422
I would hardly call James Blake's production as "watered down motown". If anything it's gospel/soul mixed with a lot of interesting electronics. Chet Faker was shit because he couldn't actually sing for the life of him and was ripping off Blake, Bon Iver and a few others.
>>
>>72125422
Do you even know what Motown is? Or do you just assume it's black people music?
>>
>>72125466
>I would hardly call James Blake's production as "watered down motown"
his production from cmyk to everything hes made after S/T is watered down.
his vocal performances his straight from mo-town he even said it himself.

respect his old dj sets but this recent shit is awful
>>72125495
read ^ lad
>>
>>72125520
Here is a list of motown artists: The Supremes, Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Miracles. If you think James Blake sounds like any of these artists you are a goof. Blake is Gospel/Soul.
>>
>>72125559
>reading comprehension
>the city of you
>>
>>72125606
>his vocal performances his straight from mo-town he even said it himself.
>reading comprehension
I do have reading comprehension and this sentence made no sense. Sorry!
>>
>>72125629
its okay i can't spoonfeed everyone.
>>
>>72125295
I've liked all his releases, excited for what he puts out next
s/t>TCIA>O

Also he should have collabed with Kanye when he could if he wanted to stay relevant
>>
>>72125606
Also you're wrong. It doesn't matter if he said he's influenced by motown. He is clearly not, but it's clear you have no "comprehension" of music. Any ear can pick up that he makes soul/gospel and not motown. Sounding like a black man does not = motown.
>>
>>72125680
>James Blake sounds like a black man
Toppest keks
>>
Should have stayed a dubstep producer
>>
>>72125422
he sounds nothing like motown, I don't care what he says himself, there is next to no resemblance
>>
>>72125702
Go listen to fucking Diana Ross and the Jackson 5 and tell me that sounds like James Blake you fucking cuck.
>>
>>72125720
yeah it sounds way better. because he sucks after he stopped making dubstep
>>
>>72125323
TCIA would be soooo much better if he cut down the filler, probably a strong contender for AOTY. Parts of it wasn't as watered down as Overgrown which I liked. If he wants to stay relevant I think he should move more towards the electronic sound again, that has always been his biggest strength tbf. S/T is an amazing album imo, one of my overall favs, especially the deluxe version.
>>
>>72125720
So you're agreeing with me. Chill your horses.
>>
Overgrown is actually my favorite album of his and was one of my 2013 AOTYs.

TCIA was, like seemingly every mainstream pop/r&b album these days, bloated beyond recognition and therefore pretty tiring and boring. Fortunately for him he has talent out the ass so I'll listen to whatever he releases next.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.