[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular /mu/ Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: On_avery_island_album_cover.jpg (35KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
On_avery_island_album_cover.jpg
35KB, 299x300px
ITT: We state and discuss our opinions that directly conflict the common opinions of those on this god forsaken board.

I'll start

On Avery Island is superior to ITAOTS.
>>
>>72121359
>On Avery Island is superior to ITAOTS.
that's a fact
>>
>>72121359
On Avery Island has really cool use of sound like that whole collage at the end, plus fantastic tracks like Naomi and Three Peaches and Song Against Sex, but I still say ITAOTS is better because it's such a cohesive piece of work. And the lyrics on Aeroplane are unbelievable while the lyrics on Avery are just great.
>>
>>72121359
that's a fact
>>
>>72121370
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who have never been lulled to sleep by the soft sounds of the Beauty tape
>>
The ultimate contrarian opinion desu. If unironically think this you should kys.
>>
>>72121370
>>72121383
>old NMH demos
>not garbage
Stop
>>
Electro Swing and Witch House are great genres
>>
Grimes is good
>>
death grips is good
>>
Lana Del Rey is not good
>>
>>72121460
>>72121470
>unpopular
>>
bad bad not good
>>
Compilations are fine.
>>
>>72121470
Real unpopular opinion: Death Grips fucking suck but are one of the few interesting music acts around. The fact that that noise got signed to a major label is impressive, and even though I don't like their sound they have an interesting aesthetic and they seem pretty genuine and not like sell-outs or people who are just being edgy for the sake of it
>>
>>72121370
So it really is one big meme, I honestly believed that most stating that ITAOTS is superior actually had knowledge of their backlog. Aside from the people who just like the jokes. Forgive me for believing people on a music board, had some knowledge of music.
>>
twenty one pilots are better than radiohead, father john misty, and sufjan stevens
>>
>>72121402
This
>>
>>72121444
fuck urself m8 bucket is top tier
>>
>>72121490
Any person who's not a rockist understands this. It's unpopular on /mu/ cause there are a lot of autists who refuse to listening to anything but whole albums, but it's not unpopular irl.
>>
>>72121359
that's not unpopular, that's stupid
>>
>>72121359
superior? not even close mate, avery is great but itaots is on a whole other level.
>>
>A lot of indie and alternative is quite good

>sometimes things are popular because they are good

>death grips is not that great
>>
Akuma no Uta is Boris' best album. The rest of their discography is bad.
>>
>>72121561
>The fact that that noise got signed to a major label is impressive
>noise
nice falceflag
>>
If you hate AC/DC, you're just hopping aboard a bandwagon to look more /patrician/ because in high school the kid who fucked your crush before you even got her number listened to mostly AC/DC.
>>
>>72122194
yep it's not because the music is unilaterally boring nope no way
>>
>>72122194
>in high school the kid who fucked your crush before you even got her number listened to mostly AC/DC

what's a 60 year old doing in /mu/
>>
All of them because there is always someone here who will take the other side.
>>
Yeezus is one of the greatest hip hop works of the decade solely for it's bold sonic approach. It's sound has already inspired so many clones that wish they could get on it's level. The fact that it's so ahead of it's time means that in ~10 years every hip hop album will try to copy it's unreproducible sound.
>>
Pablo honey is Radiohead's best album.
>>
Electric Wizard are great but Come My Fanatics is a bit underwhelming
>>
>King of Carrot Flowers pt. 2&3 is ITAOTS's worst track
>Brother Sport is MPP's worst track
>Yeezus is trash
>Death Grips are pretty boring (maybe I don't "get it" yet, idk)
>The Death of Pablo > The Life of Pablo
>Pablo Honey is alright
>The Most Lamentable Tragedy is Titus Andronicus's best album by far
>Velvet Underground & Nico is vastly overrated
>/mu/ is a great place to discuss and discover music
plz no bully
>>
>>72121392
yeah but that doesn't make on Avery island a better album.
>>
>>72121637
>>72121671
>>72122349
objectively false
>>
>>72121402
This
No one can actually think OAI is better
>>
>>72122558
OP here, I do
>>
I think Deathconsciousness is overrated.
It's not bad, but I don't see why so many people drool over it
>>
People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm is the best album by A Tribe Called Quest
>>
nine inch nails have never done a bad album

the worst studio album released is the slip, which was still pretty good

the lyrics in a song are nothing more than a means to flesh the singer's voice.
any depth or meaning to those lyrics is merely a bonus, anything relying on the lyrics to uphold it as art is poetry, not music.
>>
I like Tame Impala
>>
>>72123940
Yeah he's alright
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.