/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what great – non-film –modern american composers are there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Musicfor18cover.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Musicfor18cover.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
what great – non-film –modern american composers are there?
>>
shamefully I've been stuck in the p. glass/s. reich/j. adams era, and I would like to know the individuals who have come after them.
>>
File: 9455942553_86a15c2fa8_o.jpg (344KB, 2000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
9455942553_86a15c2fa8_o.jpg
344KB, 2000x1332px
bumping with randos
>>
File: w8B6wCV.jpg (309KB, 750x916px) Image search: [Google]
w8B6wCV.jpg
309KB, 750x916px
>>
daniel lopatin
>>
>>72118108
>daniel lopatin
very cool

is this like a marriage of phonography and classical composition? it's very reminiscent of Loscil but with more high-end frequencies.

Further, is it as genre defying as Steve Reich was? or are such terms not applied to american composers any longer?

or, is it something you just prefer to listen to?
>>
File: The-London-Stress-Exchange.jpg (655KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
The-London-Stress-Exchange.jpg
655KB, 1600x1067px
I guess what I'm asking is: is there a Music for 18 Musicians, Koyaanisqatsi, or Common Tones in Simple Time which have come about since the time when Glass/Reich/Adams gave us a penultimate evaluation of the historicity of music composition so many years ago?
>>
File: 2423324821_c05b370d89_o.jpg (2MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
2423324821_c05b370d89_o.jpg
2MB, 3072x2048px
>>72118199
granted the terms are limited here (and from the conscience of a drunk individual).

It seems bizarre that we aren't collectively – disparate of socio-economic bounds –witnesses to another "coming" in music composition which defines the next few decades of how our species will interpret the trajectory musical composition unbound to the popular system.
>>
>>72118108
not classical you idiot
>>72117853
Gubaidulina, Norgard, Rihm, Saariaho, Ullmann, Pisaro, Frey, Lachenmann, Kurtag, Ferneyhough, Pintscher, Sciarrino
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gm7RgdzeWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3dn33stIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG4Z8yVEHZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDqBLlRqOJQ

These are all living ones too
>>
>>72118263
>everywhere is America
Dumbass, you give classical fans a bad name
>>
>>72118261
im sorry im so drunk
i think about this crap all th e time and i'm too unecudcated to know how to interpret it all,.

disregard this shit
>>
>>72118263
Also is that just the copypasta list? maybe you're just memeing
>>
>>72118199
I would say no, but I'd also say as far as
>gave us a penultimate evaluation of the historicity of music composition so many years ago
goes, they didn't either. They are pretty accessible to modern listeners as far as classical goes. This doesn't mean they've reached the height of classical, or are even the best composers today, but that they're of their time. Classical music has branched out and is still developing. There are the minimalists like you mentioned, but also there's new complexity and spectralism and surely other schools too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.