[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your current favorite Nick Drake track?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: dEy9XM4-.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dEy9XM4-.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
Hardmode: demo/alt tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZRwtTQA28
Personally I love this one because it feels so much darker and doubtful compared to the original. You can really tell Nick is wrestling with his insecurities.
>>
I've never heard a Nick Drake song I DIDN'T like
>>
>>72114257
Horn sucks ass
>>
>>72113928
>Hardmode: demo/alt tracks
how is that hardmode? literally all his studio albums suck and have cringy as fuck smooth jazz orchestration and shit.

the demo of hazey jane is my fav nick song
>>
>>72113928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdGrGd3MKII
>>
File: zz038r6.jpg (21KB, 532x364px) Image search: [Google]
zz038r6.jpg
21KB, 532x364px
>>72113928
From The Morning.

How can a song be so sad and so hopeful at the same time?
Nick Drake is my fav artist. He was with me when was passing through some really fucked up time.
>>
>>72114271
nigger
>>
>>72114348
Oh shit sorry OP I forgot you said it was in the hardmode way.

Ok, so Magic.
>>
>>72114315
Don't you ever talk shit about Nick again unless you want to be kicked in the eye you fucking faggot
>>
>>72114315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV42hEH6-ow
good fucking rec desu

I never really loved this song on the album but the demo is amazing
>>
Things Behind the Sun but only the part where he talks about "A movement in your brain/ sends you out into the rain"

Sad!
>>
>>72114473
im not talking shit about him. im talking shit about the record producers and shit that dulled down his music. i dont think he had much say over the gay flowery overproduction and extra instruments and shit.. probably the record producers trying to make it more marketable or some shit. its clear from his hom recordings hes an amazing songwriter
>>
>>72114621
>gay flowery overproduction
What succint, thoughtful critiques.

There are some fantastic session musicians and members of other british folk acts playing on those records. I'll admit there are portions of Bryter Later that are a bit overproduced, but the arrangements on Five Leaves left are all around fantastic and absolutely elevate the songs to levels they would not have otherwise been able to reach. And Nick did help past his own parts, don't project your own shitty opinion on him.
>>
>>72113928
What exactly does he mean by parasite? Was he talking about his NEET days?
>>
File: NickDrake34.jpg (1MB, 1218x1171px) Image search: [Google]
NickDrake34.jpg
1MB, 1218x1171px
>>72114348
This is one of the most striking things about Nick to me. I don't find him overtly sad, his state of mind just bled into his music. I find Pink Moon in particular to be almost hopeful. I just wish things had gone his way.
>>
>>72114315
>literally all his studio albums suck and have cringy as fuck smooth jazz orchestration and shit

Have you seriously never heard Pink Moon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.