[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when did you officially drop fantano?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

File: 1491950984757s.jpg (9KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1491950984757s.jpg
9KB, 250x140px
I used to check in on him or music recs but they are all kinda meh... after I saw his review on loveless i was pretty much done with the guy. He's just making a quick crash course in music for normies who were never into music but desperately need passible opinions to impress people at parties.

>i dont htink its or everybody becasue of the sheer fact that it puts an extreme priority on sonic properties as opposed to songwriting. while when it comes to tune and melodt and chord progression my bloody valentine does kinda present a limited set of ideas on loveless i do think there is more than 1 way to skin a cat you dont just have to write songs with a certain level of melody i mean what they were really trying to do on this lp is compose songs with a ..."

I don't understand. the album is literally covered in melodies guitar riffs and vocals, often several at once. and then he closes the review with this satisfied smirk like "wow i really wrapped that up nicely! like and comment what should i review next?" He's a complete hack all his reviews are the same shit where he picks out some random fact from each track and does nothing with it. This isn't music criticism this is just synopsis.
>>
When he answered a stupid fan question whether music has finite or infinite possibilities.

All he knows about music theory is
>muh melody
>muh chords

But hey, he is 'just a guy' on the internet, right?
>>
Honestly, I didn't give a shit.

Until today. This is his worst review of all time. Worse than the time he accidentally reviewed Gorillaz B sides and uploaded it. There's just no excuse for this. Pure Comedy is as close to objectively bad as you can get IMO, and 9/10 is an AOTY tier score. It's disgusting that someone who listens to as much music as Fantano supposedly does would think this LP has anything redeeming to say. Straight up shit lyrics, shit instrumentation. Overlong with a hamfisted (and yes) pretentious "message".

I legitimately unsubbed. Sorry melon, but this was the last straw. I know you don't give a fuck, but I never gave a fuck about you either, until you gave the PIECE OF STEAMING SHIT album a 9. Seriously, fucking unforgivable.

Fuck.
>>
>>72111370
tl:dr you haven't dropped fantano, no one has, and no one can, you will eagerly await his views for your favorite albums like the good little drone you are, fuck off with this shit loser. dumb fanboy
>>
>>72111450
link pls
>>
>>72111457
Not OP, but seriously shut the fuck up. You clearly don't realize just how awful Pure Comedy is. The issue here isn't Fantano's body of work, it's that he inexplicably gave a 2/10 album a 9. Never has he been quite THIS wrong. Even on MBDTF, it was a 6.

This is the equivalent of giving MBDTF a 1/10 imo. This is about Father John Misty being an insufferable star bucks core garbage musician. Fuck off
>>
>>72111452
I haven't watched a fantano review in probably over two years now, and I legitimately dislike the guy (he's a hack, i agree with OP and the first reply) but you're really calling pure comedy close to "objectively bad"? the lyrics are well above most lyrics people put out, even if you disagree with the "hamfisted pretentious message", and where in the fuck is the instrumentation shit? what do you have against Farmer Jah? it sounds like you dislike his message and are additionally too impatient to handle such a slowburn. i think some of the songs are a bit samey, but they're still executed well enough that i forgive it. what's the deal?
>>
>>72111452
>It's disgusting that someone who listens to as much music as Fantano supposedly does would think this LP has anything redeeming to say.
i agree, thats what I was getting at, he is the exact type of person i believe FJM preys on because they enjoy achieving understanding an album more than they do actual enjoyment of music
>>
>>72111474
It's less worse than I remembered. He does qualify it with 'chromatic'. Still my overall verdict is that his understanding is a little too basic to be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajIttVd2O0
>>
Never because i watch him to learn about new releases, not get mad because he dislikes an album i like. Hes trashed some albums i like a lot but thats just his opinion, who cares?
>>
>>72111540
Oh my god, leave stan.

It's middle school poetry over bland piano and faux-'epic' instrumentation. If you think the writing/ lyrics on this album or good you must still read at a grade 10 level.

This album has been done better literally thousands of times over the past 5 decades. It's trash, plain and simple. Anyone who likes this think has OBJECTIVELY bad taste. Period.
>>
Yeezus
>>
>>72111594
i think the guy himself is probably really insufferable, i wouldn't want to spend very long talking to him. not sure where you're getting the "stan" thing from.

you are clearly extremely angry about this album, moreso than elements of it having been "done before" would warrant. you need to calm the fuck down and learn that your opinions on music aren't superior to anyone else's.
>>
>>72111644
titus andronicus did what pure comedy did 10x better. twice mind you
>>
>>72111553
>enjoy achieving understanding an album more than they do actual enjoyment of music

That's a good way of putting it. This type of person will gladly "like" something just to hold it over someone who doesn't "get it". Social media is this person's playground.
>>
>>72111594

> objectively bad

what's it like to have autism
>>
>>72111707
love titus andronicus, honestly one of my favorite bands working today, but i see their stuff as very different, separate from pure comedy. either way, even if they did it better, twice, that doesn't warrant the level of rage coming from those posts. he (i assume you're not him because there is much less senseless rage going on in this post) is actually angry about people enjoying an album. that's pretentious on a level that even father john hasn't reached.
>>
>>72111452
Slow down there kiddo, you're getting all worked up over a review on the Internet solely because you don't agree with his views. It's time for you to take a nap cranky little boy
>>
>>72111799
nah that guy is just falling for fjm bait. he wants ppl to be mad or happy about his album.

but i really did connect with titus commentary on our society than fjm's maybe because hes older and he hangs around the "elites" in hollywood but as a college kid i can't really care for it.

>tfw always be a loser but thats okay
>>
>>72111584
>>72111584
its more than he dislikes an album i like. in fact he claims to like the album. the problem is this whole channel is designed for people who don't plan on listening to music. even pitchfork is a little better than this. anyone who could give half a shit would just steal the album on mp3
>>
I originally wasn't going to ever listen to this album, but seeing how upset /mu/ nerds are over it maybe i'll give it a chance
>>
>>72111370
I said this in another thread, he barely reviews the album, a lot of the time he just talks about an artists' background and how the album/songs sound and then gives it a score, he seldom talks about how things work structurally or conceptually or gets really in depth with the lyrics and how they work in concurrence with the music. Some of his criticisms are overly pedantic and inconsistent (see MBDTF: he says it has gamechanging production and praises it a ton before giving it a 6/10 because he doesn't care about Kanye's personal life, then on other releases he dismisses lyrical content and still rates the music highly; as if Kanye's personality was really that interesting on his first three albums in the first place).

That and he gave Lulu a 6/10 out of what seems like pure contrarianism than anything else, sure it wasn't as bad as people said it would be but it was still pretty fucking abysmal and 6/10 is way too generous.
>>
File: 1490138210531.jpg (40KB, 796x804px) Image search: [Google]
1490138210531.jpg
40KB, 796x804px
>literally every single time Fantano gives a controversial score we have this thread

please shut the fuck up
>>
>>72111906
>a lot of the time he just talks about an artists' background and how the album/songs sound and then gives it a score,
>MBDTF: ...a 6/10 because he doesn't care about Kanye's personal life,
good point. he goes on and on about father john mistys bullshit life and career in the pure comedy review and what it means for the album why the fuck?
>>
I followed his tumblr for like two years to read the titles of the videos to know what was coming out. I stopped watching in like 2014
>>
>>72111964
It's like you don't understand that FJM's bullshit life and career is one of the album's subjects
>>
>>72111719
do you mean the majority of /mu/?
>>
>>72112012
yeah but in fjm's words. "what does that have to do with you and I'
>>
>>72112032
If the shoe fits
>>
File: akfjbak.jpg (5KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
akfjbak.jpg
5KB, 212x237px
>>72111964

>>72112012

Maybe he finds what FJM has to say to be more interesting/relatable?

It's not like Kanye West and J. Tillman are remotely similar as people. The lyrical content of these two albums couldn't be more different.

Stop being such autists.
>>
>>72112066
>quoting sarcasm
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72112146
"what does that have to do with you and I"
>>
>>72112144
>>72112012

>Kanye: I hate how this album has something to do with his celeb status and biographical details about his personal life.
>FJM: its really interesting this album has something to do with his celeb status and biographical details about his personal life.
>>
>>72112352
Life of Pablo is a mess, Pure Comedy has more direction
>>
>>72112398
MBDTF also fits that description and is exactly why fantano gave it a 6
>>
>Fantano being contrarian

No really?
>>
>>72112352
>literally every single person is the same, and as interesting as each other, no matter what their background is
>>
>>72112431
>exactly why
So he couldn't have just not liked it?
>>
File: 7987987.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
7987987.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>72111939

no, a thread is made for every single god damn video saying "this is the video i gave up on melon head".
>>
>>72112352
MBDTF focuses on this idea constantly. It's only briefly mentioned in Pure Comedy.

Kanye's the most egotistical famous person on the planet. FJM is self-righteous and a little arrogant at times but it isn't the same thing.

How you could think Pure Comedy and MBDTF are similar albums lyrically is beyond me.

Can't you at least, if you consider these albums to be two sides of the same coin(I don't), admit that certain people might justifiably relate to one over the other for whatever reason?

Don't get me wrong, I love MBDTF a lot and I disagree with Fantano's review. I just think the comparison is a bit silly.
>>
>>72112505
>>72112549
get fucked, >>72112352
>>
> All these people don't get/understand the album

It's sad, really. I've had this at a light 9 since Friday (I was tripping acid on Friday btw), and I'm surprised Fantano loved this, but /mu/, don't act like this isn't up there in quality with THE GREATEST singer-do writer albums of any era. People who think his lyricism is shallow, are only shallow listeners.
>>
He gave that Emperor of Sand a 4 and it's a solid 6, maybe 6.5. A lot of what he did in that review was just mimic the vocals on songs and move on to the next song as if that was some type of criticism.
>>
>>72112584
The intentions are different from each artist you fucking idiot. The music is obviously a different genre completely and Kanye's music is objectively shit.

Idiot
>>
>>72112549
Settle down there little autist no one said MBDTF wasn't consistent, we said Pure Comedy was more consistent in it's themes and overall feeling than TLOP.

Also yes they are similar to some extent as they both focus on the fame of their respective artists
>>
>>72112680
he's agreeing with you, you absolute moron.
>>
>>72112653
Emperor of Sands is not a good album, try again next time
>>
>>72112706
wtf I hate guitar music now
>>
>>72112700
I'm pretty sure he was roughly quoting Fantano
>>
File: what.jpg (22KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
22KB, 500x315px
>>72112687
nigga I wasn't even talking about TLOP at all.

>they both focus on the fame of their respective artists
Also you're wrong.
>>
File: lel asddsfsgfg.jpg (197KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lel asddsfsgfg.jpg
197KB, 1280x1280px
>getting so mad about someone's opinion

fucking kek
>>
>>72112680
lmao calm the fuck down, this person is correct: >>72112700
>>
>>72112825
Sorry m8
>>
>>72111707
my nigga

Josh Tillman is half the man Patrick Stickles is
>>
I picked him back up when he gave Mastodon's new turd a 4.
>>
>>72112653
Personally, I gave it a 6 but I think his criticism is valid. It was disappointing falsie shit but I have it above a 4 because everything on it appears to have been done on purpose.
>>
>>72112797
>missing a crucial part of the conversation
>letting the obvious themes of the album go over your head
>>
>>72113014
There's one post about TLOP and one reply to that post. How is that a "crucial part of the conversation," except for the fact that you were personally involved?

>i'm an idiot...
>>
>>72112510
he said in the review thats why he didn't like it, because he couldn't sympathize with kanyes life yet did so with FJM
>>
>>72113170
dae evrybody is so relatable and i can symapthize with literaly any1/?? xDDD
>>
>>72111370
>after I saw his review on loveless i was pretty much done with the guy
kek finished reading there. go cry somewhere else biased faggot
>>
>>72111721
So you like pure comedy ey? Lmfao pleb
>>
>>72112812
t. anthony
>>
>>72112012
This is part of what makes it an awful album. Are you daft?
>>
>>72112615
You listened to this on LSD and didn't think it was shit? You must have the IQ of a pickle, bravo.
>>
>>72111594
If this is "middle school poetry" then half the albums posted on /mu/ with lyrics are the unintelligible grunts of retards.

To be clear, the lyrics on PC aren't that great, but they're much better constructed and communicated than most lyricists' work. Even if you don't like them or disagree with the themes or messages, any "objective" reading would admit to that.

The albums I've seen you guys toss up as so vastly superior lyrically are childish at best in comparison.

And this insistence on using "OBJECTIVELY" works against you. Even if you don't like the music produced, it's clear it was done competently by talented musicians and composers. Your OPINION is worthless, especially given to such hyperbole and dishonesty.
>>
>>72113509
Pickles don't have brains, dumbass
>>
>>72113587
>Your OPINION is worthless, especially given to such hyperbole and dishonesty.
just like yours btw.
what music accomplishments have you done?
>>
File: BernardsFaceWhenNoWine.jpg (31KB, 383x409px) Image search: [Google]
BernardsFaceWhenNoWine.jpg
31KB, 383x409px
What does it matter if his opinions are "wrong"? I disagree with people all the time, it doesn't mean I stop speaking to them.
>>
>>72113607
Exactly the point, you don't have a brain. Are FJM stans really this stupid? Have they read a single book in their privileged lives? What a cancerous album
>>
>>72113587
This is so wrong tho, what albums get named? 100% the lyrics are better. Post em, I'll wait. The lyrics in this 'thing' are all time bad.
>>
he listens to music reviewers

can i make youtube videos reviewing all of your sad lives?
>>
>>72113620
well his facts are "wrong" too, loveless has a more than average melodic content. one of my absolute favorite aspects of the album is the melodic content. for the love of god how can you miss this? they can ride on 2 sometimes 3 melodies at once, its unbelievable, its like brian wilson level shit, listen to it, the songs are typically end up with vocals+ backup vocal part + lead/texture thing. its brilliant. I literally don't understand how someone could call themselves a music critic and not pickup on the melodic content of loveless. it is drenching with distortion texture sure ill give you that but its abundant with melodies. Thats a fact, if you dont like the melodies thats an opinion. but their presence is a fact. does that make sense? his opinion is that "loveless isn't for everyone bc it lacks melody" well hes objectively wrong because its a fact that the album contains a more than average amount of melodic element on every single track. he is straight up wrong. not "wrong"

fantano is a hack, hes chasing a youtube viewership, he sets out to review x amount of albums a month to pay the bills and it spends his time on shit that is simply not worth reviewing. his claim to internet fame is that he redpilled everyone on deathgrips. but. father john misty was not worth reviewing, the whole "classic" series doesn't do anything, he needs to contemplate a thoughtful and worthwhile critical standpoint find an album where there is a risk as to why people are not listening to this album but really ought to , OR conversely, and why were triggered byt he FJM video... find an album that is pure hype and explain rationally why it doesn't deserve the press. He's just too busy pumping out bullshit
>>
>>72113355
but his review is objectively wrong for anyone who has actually listened the album
>>
>>72113620
Wtf you act like an actual adult when you disagree with someone. What a loser
>>
Dropped him in like 2014 when he said he wasn't going to review The Body's I Shall Die Here because he thought the vocals were annoying.
>>
>>72113813
The Magnetic Fields has gotten named as "how you really write a love song" over FJM's ILYH lyrics. The Magnetic Fields, whether they charm you or not, have childish and cringeworthy lines all over the place.

This Titus Andronicus album keeps getting mentioned as better than PC, and aside from the vocals being terrible the lyrics aren't any more poetic or insightful than the ones on PC. They are often much more pedestrian and myopic compared to the wording and scope of PC too.

Again, I'm not even saying FJM's lyrics are the best or anything, just comparing to the alternatives suggested.
>>
>>72113790
I'm sarcastic, just like Father John Misty

If you take things too literally and not metaphorically, of course you're not going to understand Pure Comedy. Leave it up to you're "memes" to insult my intelligence. You're missing out on a great album on behalf of you're ignorance. Enjoy wallowing in pitty, troll
>>
>>72114402
You're right but the grammar mistakes make this cringey af, buddy.
>>
>>72114326
>They are often much more pedestrian and myopic compared to the wording and scope of PC too.
exactly i don't live in fucking Laurel Canyon like farmer jah misty boy.
i take the bus to go college just like the rest of us normal folks.

there's more relatable lyrics in this song for myselfhttps://genius.com/Titus-andronicus-a-more-perfect-union-lyrics
than fjm's album not made for the common man.
>>72114402
>If you take things too literally and not metaphorically, of course, you're not going to understand Pure Comedy.
man, I wish my life was this ez where i could just be whimsical about all my issues. I'll just tell the guy who I pay rent to metaphorically imagine me sending him money each month :D
>>
>>72111370
>a reviewer doesn't share my politics or my deep sense of literary appreciation and now i'm upset

faggot
>>
>>72111370
I unsubbed one month ago, but stopped giving a fuck a year ago or so
>>
That's fine that you don't share his opinion, OP. Good for you for dropping him, you realized your views on music won't vibe so you don't need his opinion. That's dope.
>>
File: Uh-Okay-Black-Guy-Meme-01.jpg (19KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
Uh-Okay-Black-Guy-Meme-01.jpg
19KB, 480x246px
>pitchfork gives it a bad score
>/mu/ shits on pitchfork

>fantano gives it a good score
>/mu/ shits on fantano
>>
>>72114987
welcome to /mu/

also

>Uh-Okay-Black-Guy-Meme-01.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

in case that's not just an intentionally hilarious filename, that's waka flocka flame.
>>
>>72114402
The album is objectively shit though. People aren't missing out on anything, It's a total waste of 75 minutes. Giving it multiple listens probably gave me cancer, honestly
>>
>>72114987
People said the pitchfork score was too high, which is true.
>>
>>
>>72115051
yeah i didnt name it that, thats what it got saved as. didnt bother to check the name.
>>72115091
no they didn't. did you even see that huge thread where everyone was saying they'll never trust pitchfork again after the review first came out? it was like 300+ replies of people shitting on pitchfork
>>
Once i developped taste. I'll thank him for meming DG tho
>>
>>72111370
>taking any popular-music reviewer's opinion seriously
there are no good popular-music critics because to be one requires a certain Wodie Allen-esque mindset (slight narcissism masquerading as self doubt, passive aggressiveness, femininity). Even if they come to different conclusions, most music reviewers approach reviewing the same way. I will give Fantano credit though. He gives more of an attempt at explaining why he likes something and he's one of the only people that uses the numerical score correctly. The popular-music reviewer worth listening to is Scaruffi, and that's only because the memes are too good to lose.
>>
>>72114987
>there's only one kind of person who views this board

Surprisingly wrong
>>
>>72111519
>thinks MBDTF is good
Your opinion is less than worthless
>>
File: jv.png (575KB, 716x551px) Image search: [Google]
jv.png
575KB, 716x551px
>>72111370
>for normies who were never into music but desperately need passible opinions to impress people at parties.
i can't say i've ever been to a party where i felt pressured to prove i have good music taste. in fact 9/10 people at a normie party listen to shitty music.
>>
File: I'M A LUMBERJACK AND I'M OK.jpg (175KB, 616x615px) Image search: [Google]
I'M A LUMBERJACK AND I'M OK.jpg
175KB, 616x615px
for all the newfags here: /mu/ hates hipster music like this because of how fucking insecure they can be at times
If you imagine a flannel-wearing guy with facial hair like my pic listening to a song/album, /mu/ will hate it
also, if that is the only kind of music you like, either expand your horizons or leave while you can
>>
>>72115750
>reading every goddamn post in this thread

>posting that those people care too much

>caring THIS fucking much

>thinking anyone cares that you care THIS fucking much
>>
>>72113509
you got it backwards, LSD makes you enjoy anything no matter how shit.
>>
>>72115799
>caring SO fucking much that you respond to my post
>>
>>72115750
The album is actually so bad I feel compelled shitpost about it.
>>
>>72115776
No, we hate it because it's bad music.

Mark Kozelek is the most based neckbeard btw, fuck yourself
>>
>>72115806
Only if you're retarded. LSD of course enhances good music, but it also reveals trash like Pure Comedy turds they are.
>>
I didn't like the fact that he gave Dance Gavin Dance a 1. They're not a 1. And he gave them a 1.

It's a good album.
>>
File: IMG_4310.jpg (846KB, 1416x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4310.jpg
846KB, 1416x4000px
>>72115818

THA KING OF /MU/ HAS RETURNED?

someone hit me with a mega link
>>
>>72115818
>thinking I care SO fucking much when I spent all of 10 seconds responding to you
>>
I don't know enough about music to really disprove any of his reviews, therefore I tend to go with the flow and sincerely agree with his standpoints.
>>
>>72115933
He really doesn't like the "over produced" sound that a lot of modern metal and post hardcore stuff has. I can see where he's coming from and while DGD's newer stuff does sound a little sterile it's still got quality melodies and sick riffs which are all I want from them.
>>
I recommend you all deep_cuts. He's like a better Fantano.
>>
>>72116028
He's alright but definitely for people who haven't already found means of discovering new music.
>>
He won't get off Kendrick's dick. Kendrick isn't that interesting.
>>
>>72111989
>tumblr
Kill yourself
>>
>>72116506
i've never even had a tumblr but this website superiority shit is cringier than reddit/tumblr/4chan combined.
>>
I really don't get why Doctor Misty triggers so many people.
Why is making any kind of political or socially relevant commentary deemed as pretentious?
>>
>>72111370
you guys are so fucking retarded jesus christ hahahahaha
>>
fact of the matter is, you all still watch his video$
>>
File: 132984025820.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
132984025820.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>72114402
>I'm sarcastic, just like Father John Misty
Might be one of the most embarrassing things I've ever read on this fucking site
>>
>>72117682
>Why is making any kind of political or socially relevant commentary deemed as pretentious?
Probably because most political/social commentaries in the form of songs don't actually do a good job at fully exploring the scope of the issues they're about. When you start putting your intellectual blog posts to the sounds of a piano ballad, you're indicating that you think what you're saying is more grandiose and significant than it actually is.
>>
When I was like 16
He said I had sweet music taste when I was 15 and I once annoyed /mu/ on good friday one day when he did /mu/radio by asking about sitcoms.
>>
>>72111452
'Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?'
>>
I always took FJM as some post-ironic character who slings a bunch of half-baked judgements of society basically taking jabs at people who would say the sort of shit he says in his music.

So this guy really believes this shit? Because if so I need to delete his music because that whole anti-technology, let me judge everyone shit is just too high school for me to take serious.

Basically I thought it was comedy music.
>>
Fantano is right for once desu
>>
>>72117682
Deep down everyone is a shithead and doesn't know what the fuck is going on, even Stephen Hawking says some dumb shit sometimes.

So when some guy hops on a track and starts making broad generalizations and think's fucking Moses (whoever the bible guy was) come down from the mountain to tell all us plebs how to live, people get mad and usually the person tossing off the critique is a fuck up themselves.

It's why I stopped listening to concious rap, a lot of the shit is just pure stupidity with a shallow layer of profoundity to look deeper than it really is. And usually your not hitting shit in an album that is usually on 1 hour long and maybe less.

No thanks I'll stick to books. Music has never been a good vessel to deliver a deep political messages.

Music should be pure emotion, not some art school wank.
>>
>>72111452
I seriously hope you are trolling
>>
>>72112615
I think the criticism is because the album doesn't say nothing an edgy college student hasn't said before and takes itself very seriously. I say this because I used to love this kind of stuff when I was younger and now I find it kind of cringy.
>>
I hoped he would review The Assassination of Julius Caesar
>>
>>72114500
>the lyrics are bad because they're metaphorical
jesus christ this board is horrible
>>
>>72118614
thats basicallt what it is, mu is just too fucking retarded to understand that

the album literally starts off by explaining that both itself and life are comedies. everything these people think this album is pretentious or fake deep for saying is inherently extremely ironic.

basically fjm is way smarter and way better at irony than mu
>>
>>72111370
Once he gave the album that I considered to be aoty a bad score, right after giving 9 or so to an album that in my opinion was boring as fuck
I was upset and decided that he has a shitty taste
Isn't it a fascinating story
>>
>>72118888
nice quads but I pretty much agree with this. I remember my friend showing me the singles and we watched the video and even his SNL performance (he's a FJM fanboy) and the lyrics are so serious in tone but kind of juvenile in concept. I can see why normies think they're being redpilled though and people who are a step above normies likely feel validated by it. but those are just my thoughts I don't know shit about the singer/songwriter genre.
>>
>>72119003
>he was just pretending to be retarded xD

I had a suspicion it was /ironic/ but that doesn't mean it still isn't cringey. If a parody is too subtle and not blatant enough it falls into poe's law where people think you're actually being autistic even if you were just pretending. Maybe what the album lacks is that sobriety.
>>
>>72111370
He didn't pass the pleb filter when he reviewed Trout Mask Replica. That's why he kept the video private so only his patron donors could see it, cause they already know he's a hack and like it that way.
>>
>>72119169
its not private
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlnYSvvqpU
>>
>>72119169
That review triggered me so hard.

"the mixing is bad"

kys fantano
>>
File: a3395996241_10.jpg (294KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3395996241_10.jpg
294KB, 1200x1200px
honestly thought this pulled off whatever fjm was trying to do
>>
>>72111370
You guys claim to not give a shit about fantano but yet you post every day about how shit he is. No one on /mu/ actually cares that much if their favorite album got a fucking 5. There are multiple albums that i liked that he rated low but I still listen to him because he gives you another perspective and might change my opinion about an album slightly.

Actual autism.
>>
File: Album-cover-with-title-1024x1013.jpg (213KB, 1024x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Album-cover-with-title-1024x1013.jpg
213KB, 1024x1013px
>5/10 to AOTY while giving 8s and 9s to shitty trap and indie albums
Why do you people Take this guy seriously
>>
>they're people so butthurt over this

kys
>>
Fantano was always turbo normie
/mu/ only like him for Death Grips
>>
>>72112653
Melon knows Jack shit about metal
>>
>>72119573
>giving 8's and 9's to shitty trap albums
Rodeo is literally like the only trap album he has given an 8 to and has never given a 9 to any trap album.
>>
>>72119581
Post his VCR collection
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
His claim to fame is truthing everyone about death grips and fostering their success but Zach hill was already a notable musician all my friends were listening to hella in high school , he didn't really discover anything he just happened to be zealous about this new project that was going to catch attention anyhow
>>
When he gave that last panda bear album a 4 or something lol
>>
Stopped watching him in 2013. Also he's pretty much the pewpewdie of music reviewing.
>>
>>72111452
>Pure Comedy is as close to objectively bad as you can get IMO.
And that's your subjective opinion you obnoxious fag
>>
>>72116506
hehe triggered mayhaps? tumblr is a subjective experience ya numb cunt
>>
>>72111370
I had a dream last night that I listened to a Frank Zappa album that doesnt exist with Fantano while we live streamed it. We were laying on my bed in my room. I had the Zappa album on vinyl and the music was amazing.

I'm not kidding.
>>
Good memer

Don't watch his reviews though
>>
>>72116506
>not knowing back in 2012 all the cool /mu/ users were on tumblr
>>
File: 1490622116003.jpg (13KB, 236x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490622116003.jpg
13KB, 236x302px
wow, you sure guys have nothing to do with life besides talking about a fucker on the internet doing music reviews, chill the fuck out.
>>
>>72111370
He seems like a cool guy, but it kinda annoys me when he chooses whether or not he's a professional critic or "just a guy with opinions". You can't have it both ways.

Also he can seems pretty bad at handling criticism, just looking at Twitter when he can respond in a pretty butthurt way to even the gentlest riffs.

Also the fucking melon cuck didn't review Heartworms.
>>
File: 1436763150189s.jpg (7KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1436763150189s.jpg
7KB, 250x209px
>>72116865
honestly. its very hard to believe the people on this "i use 4chan" high horse are over 18
>>
File: anthonyfreaking.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
anthonyfreaking.gif
2MB, 480x272px
Anthony we know you're here, express yourself on the situation.
>>
>>72111939
nice anime dab meme xDDD
>>
>>72111370
When he stopped reviewing good/new music and moved on to reviewing top 40 trash. He used to be so cool.
P.S. How does a vegan like him get as fat as he is?
>>
>>72111370
I dropped him when he became a bernie shill. he has such childish and idiotic politics. and his taste iin music is really not great
>>
>>72122017
>P.S. How does a vegan like him get as fat as he is?
you realize carbs and calories can make u fat right?

only skinny vegans you see are ppl with an eating disorder hiding under being vegan to avoid criticism
>>
Why does anyone give a shit about lyrics?
>>
>>72112352
Anthony Fantano racism EXPOSED!
>>
>>72122162
because theres a such thing as good lyrics
>>
>>72111457
/thread
>>
File: 1425611505225.png (504KB, 422x613px) Image search: [Google]
1425611505225.png
504KB, 422x613px
>>72111370
itt the perennial metric fuckload of salt the hails everytime fantano, a dude this board loves to hate, has the audacity to like an "wait, you don't get it... this album is 'OBJECTIVELY' bad, I'd know!!! I kno musik!" album. p a t h e t i c.
>>
I watched one video years ago, never again.

Also saged, reported and hidden for viral marketing.
>>
>>72111370
Meh, I still sub to him so I catch some releases I'd sleep on otherwise. Like that Crying record from last November was close to being my AOTY and I would've missed it without melon.

That said I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt. He lacks any real musical ability and half the time I feel like he should just not give scores at all, since he's especially bad at reviewing pop and electronic records. I stopped appreciating him as a critic after 2 albums both got middling scores from him despite me thinking they're great, being BoC's Tomorrows Harvest and BMSR's Melon Juicy, which for me were both AOTY contenders of their respective years.
>>
>>72111370
He's a boring low-test hipster who knows nothing about music. It's shameful that people on this board even watched his shit in the first place.
>>
After his review of Julia Holter's 'Loud City Song'.

Specifically, he criticised the track 'Horns Surrounding Me' saying that it would be better if he could hear the vocals over the horns - completely ignoring the concept behind the work for absolutely no reason.

I was also annoyed by his reviews in general since all he does is repeat a handful of buzzwords; timbres, off-kilter, sonically; and he shows no ability to analyse the concept behind a work, he just randomly mentions things and then drops a score.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.