[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you taken the Tillpill, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: purecomedu.jpg (371KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
purecomedu.jpg
371KB, 1000x1000px
Have you taken the Tillpill, /mu/?
>>
Yes. Never had a smoother swallow to coat my throat
>>
>>72107751
>be ironic
>but self-aware about it
>anticipate how ppl will receive you but let them know you know they hate you

i wonder if this will get me a gf?
Tillpill sounds cool
>>
>>72107751
>le postmodernism
fuck off tillman, pure comedy is pure shite
>>
I'm not sure I follow the themes of this album, it just sounds like something written by Louis CK or your cynical friend who does nothing but complain about trump
>>
>>72107875
read all the the interviews he did for this shit.
its not anti-trump tbqh
>>
it's good f a m
>>
I'm pretty nihilistic sometimes but even I think this album is a bit much. I don't even neccesarily disagree with what he's saying but that doesn't mean I want to listen to it for like 80 minutes.
>>
>>72107751
>artist is dissatisfied with the human condition

I mean, this the board that idolizes Swans, right?

Somehow Gira is less abrasive with his lyrics than this schlock ffs.
>>
>>72107896
Not in content as much as attitude. It's very "I'm here to apologize on the behalf of my fellow people"/self critical/self pitying. It makes sense to challenge the facts of life, or to be depressed by them, it's stupid to critically evaluate them. He doesn't sound angry or sad, he sounds washed up and cynical
>>
>>72108065
>He doesn't sound angry or sad, he sounds washed up and cynical
thats accurate. but he's made the themes well enough that if you dislike the album for what it is. his fans can call you "dumb".
pretty sure hes quitting "Father john misty" anyway.
>>
>>72108065
>voicing dissatisfaction with the absurdity of human behavior, with a writing process that started before Trump's rise
>automatically associating that with Trump, even though it's not pointed at him

Says more about your mindset than Tilly's, tbqh fammo.
>>
>>72108143
Trump was totally aside the point, and I actually dislike him. It just reminds me of the people who won't shut up about something that they can't change/make no attempt to change themselves

And that attitude is exactly the album's theme
>>
>>72107751
ILYHB is one of the best albums in the past 10 years. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>72108201
Not easy to change thousands/hundreds of years of human nature/civilization. I still see the merit in talking about it though. Good day, Anon.
>>
>>72108219
i can't.
>>72108201
>It just reminds me of the people who won't shut up about something that they can't change/make no attempt to change themselves
that's a valid point but they really can't do anything but kill themselves. so fjm just decides to write an album about it
>>
>>72108257
> I still see the merit in talking about it though. Good day, Anon.

>wants to talk about it
>leaves the conversation
m8
>>
>>72108260
>but they really can't do anything but kill themselves
I totally disagree, and that's probably why I dislike the attitude. Angst is a feeling after all, and it's even a feeling I like hearing artists express, but to act like it's a fact of life rather than a feeling just seems too self centered to me
>>
>>72108322
>but to act like it's a fact of life rather than a feeling just seems too self centered to me
i 100% agree and thats his statement. he wants to be exactly self-centered but also feels other ppl may feel that way also.
>>
>be fjm
>watch true detective
>like rust
>like elton john
>make le epic faces of atheism aoty
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.